Author Topic: Supporting the Troops: "Shut Up and Suffer"  (Read 8053 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Supporting the Troops: "Shut Up and Suffer"
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2007, 10:57:47 AM »
I don't interpret it that way but i can understand why you made the connection.

Jag is a Lib, Rib is more extreme, 240 is not in the same ball park as those 2, IMO.

Maybe, maybe not.  They all seem to agree on pretty much every political issue.  Maybe I shouldn't lump Jag in there.  She has some economic conservative tendencies.  It's her extreme anti-American nonsense that is probably blinding me.   :)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2007, 11:00:02 AM »
Maybe, maybe not.  They all seem to agree on pretty much every political issue.  Maybe I shouldn't lump Jag in there.  She has some economic conservative tendencies.  It's her extreme anti-American nonsense that is probably blinding me.   :)

Here's a question:  If you took all of 240 9/11 CT stuff out of it and anything he says with a CT relation outside of 9/11 what you he be?

Liberal?  Libertarian, Conservative etc..?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2007, 11:09:14 AM »
Here's a question:  If you took all of 240 9/11 CT stuff out of it and anything he says with a CT relation outside of 9/11 what you he be?

Liberal?  Libertarian, Conservative etc..?

He's a liberal IMO.  Criticizes anything Republican, including candidates and issues, defends anything Democrat, including most of the candidates.  Also, I have a hard time viewing anyone who is big supporter of increased taxes as a conservative.

Some view that as an insult (being called a liberal).  I don't generally use the term as a pejorative.   

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2007, 11:12:58 AM »
He's a liberal IMO.  Criticizes anything Republican, including candidates and issues, defends anything Democrat, including most of the candidates.  Also, I have a hard time viewing anyone who is big supporter of increased taxes as a conservative.

Some view that as an insult (being called a liberal).  I don't generally use the term as a pejorative.   

I agree with Beach that a left winger is extreme lib and right winger is neocon. Most of us fall more towards the center but there is no center wing!
gotta love life

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2007, 01:59:29 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/01/walter.reed/index.html

They fired him..............   political damage control  lol

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2007, 02:07:46 PM »
it's very weird.  If you support someone, shouldn't it be okay to try to protect them?  

And yet you pal-up with Ribonucleic, and do not condemn his words, even after he wishes harm upon our forces.  If you want to know why people here believe you're anti-troops, then look no further.
Thread Killer

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2007, 02:12:14 PM »
And yet you pal-up with Ribonucleic, and do not condemn his words, even after he wishes harm upon our forces.  If you want to know why people here believe you're anti-troops, then look no further.

I've been misunderstood for all of my life
But what they're saying girl it cuts like a knife
"The boy's no good"
Well I've finally found what I'm a looking for
But if they get their chance they'll end it for sure
Surely would
Baby I've done all I could
Now it's up to you...

::)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2007, 02:17:36 PM »
I've been misunderstood for all of my life
But what they're saying girl it cuts like a knife
"The boy's no good"
Well I've finally found what I'm a looking for
But if they get their chance they'll end it for sure
Surely would
Baby I've done all I could
Now it's up to you...

::)

Uh, okay?  240? 
Thread Killer

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2007, 02:20:24 PM »
Uh, okay?  240? 

He's right, 240. I'm not worth it.  Why throw away your chance to gain Bruce's approval?

;D

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2007, 02:46:56 PM »
He's right, 240. I'm not worth it.  Why throw away your chance to gain Bruce's approval?

;D

You still here?
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2007, 07:38:40 AM »

I love my party.  I hold them accountable.  You should have heard me ripping Clinton when he was in office.  However, I see it as pathetic for some to continually balme him for everything today.  The REPUBS have the power now, so they should stop acting like babies and make the policy changes needed.

See, I could care less what my rowdy ass neighbor's kids do (the dems).  But my own children (the repubs) - I hold to high standards.

Anyone who claims to be a repub, then refuses to criticize them, is a drain on the party.  You make other republicans look bad.

Look at it this way - when 240 says Bush did something good, people will give that statement serious credibility.  When BB or Mr I says Bush did something good, you might take it with a grain of salt, as you'll realize these guys believe *almost everything* Bush does is good.

I'm an honest republican with high standards for my own party.  I'm sorry if that's hard for the yes-men to swallow.  I believe the war was necessary to procure oil and strategic position, but that WMD was an obvious lie.  And I believe troops' lives are indeed being wasted in the cities to justify larger defense budgets.   I'm okay with the US dominating the region, but I get annoyed by pricks who self-righteously brag about all the good we're doing.  We are conquerers.  Have the moral fortitude to admit it.  Unless we wanna pay $20 for a gallon of milk and gasoline or deal with Chinese aggression, these moves are necessary.  But they're not right.

I'm a real republican and I wish there were more of me.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2007, 07:40:26 AM »

*PS - In 5 years, most of you will believe what I do about 911.  The amount of research I've done has accellerated my understanding of the situation.  Many of you will reach that point down the road also, and some will never look at it.  Aside form the 911 stuff, I believe I am in sync with many here. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2007, 07:46:42 AM »
I love my party.  I hold them accountable.  You should have heard me ripping Clinton when he was in office.  However, I see it as pathetic for some to continually balme him for everything today.  The REPUBS have the power now, so they should stop acting like babies and make the policy changes needed.

See, I could care less what my rowdy ass neighbor's kids do (the dems).  But my own children (the repubs) - I hold to high standards.

Anyone who claims to be a repub, then refuses to criticize them, is a drain on the party.  You make other republicans look bad.

Look at it this way - when 240 says Bush did something good, people will give that statement serious credibility.  When BB or Mr I says Bush did something good, you might take it with a grain of salt, as you'll realize these guys believe *almost everything* Bush does is good.

I'm an honest republican with high standards for my own party.  I'm sorry if that's hard for the yes-men to swallow.  I believe the war was necessary to procure oil and strategic position, but that WMD was an obvious lie.  And I believe troops' lives are indeed being wasted in the cities to justify larger defense budgets.   I'm okay with the US dominating the region, but I get annoyed by pricks who self-righteously brag about all the good we're doing.  We are conquerers.  Have the moral fortitude to admit it.  Unless we wanna pay $20 for a gallon of milk and gasoline or deal with Chinese aggression, these moves are necessary.  But they're not right.

I'm a real republican and I wish there were more of me.

And yet you categorically call yourself a libertarian.   ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2007, 07:59:55 AM »
And yet you categorically call yourself a libertarian.   ::)

I do vote libertarian when I believe the man on the repub ticket isn't a true republican.

As a clinton voter, you understand, right?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2007, 09:40:37 AM »
I do vote libertarian when I believe the man on the repub ticket isn't a true republican.

As a clinton voter, you understand, right?

Oh phooey.  A "true Republican" adheres to Ronald Reagan's Eleventh Commandment, which you break every day on this board.  A "true Republican" supports his party through thick and thin and doesn't flush his vote down the toilet by voting for a "Libertarian," which in turn makes it more likely a Democrat will win.  You are a phony baloney, disloyal "Republican."  A liberal if I ever saw one. 

And get your facts straight.  I am a two-time Clinton voter.   :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2007, 01:54:40 PM »
Oh phooey.  A "true Republican" adheres to Ronald Reagan's Eleventh Commandment, which you break every day on this board.  A "true Republican" supports his party through thick and thin and doesn't flush his vote down the toilet by voting for a "Libertarian," which in turn makes it more likely a Democrat will win.  You are a phony baloney, disloyal "Republican."  A liberal if I ever saw one. 

And get your facts straight.  I am a two-time Clinton voter.   :)

So a guy who voted for Clinton twice knows what a true republican is?

Supporting your party "thru thick and thin"?  Is that what you call it when you support abuses?  i would call that being a shitty american. 

I tell you what.  Let's say you work for McDonalds.  You love McDonalds.  but your boss is stealing.  So you point it out, and he is fired and replaced with a better boss.  McDonalds is now stronger, its customers are happier, and its stock is healthier.

The diff between you and me is that you would keep the thief at work and I would fire him.  You accept and condone crime because of misplaced loyalty.  Your loyalty SHOULD be to the grand ol party and the United States, not to this current group of pilferers.  But you cannot separate the two.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2007, 02:31:24 PM »
*PS - In 5 years, most of you will believe what I do about 911.  The amount of research I've done has accellerated my understanding of the situation.  Many of you will reach that point down the road also, and some will never look at it.  Aside form the 911 stuff, I believe I am in sync with many here. 

This gets to the crux of why you continue to flood this board with 9/11 information.  You honestly believe you are better researched than anyone here, and that those who don't buy into this 9/11 crap must be ignorant to the 'truth' out there.

But to be fair - no one cares if you think you have 'proof' a missile was fired into the Pentagon.  Nor does anyone care that you think the BBC reported the falling of one of the WTC buildings before it actually collapsed.  I know I roll my eyes every time someone pipes in with a theory about flight 93's macabre ending.

The reason normal people don't care and aren't listening is because they've either already been convinced (more than 5 years on) by the massive scrutiny the events of that day have come under, or they are smart enough to know that plotting an event like this would have been impossible.  To then throw out stories like the BBC one or the Pentagon one is defunct - because anyone with a drop of common sense will tell you - if you needed to make an impression, flying two fully-loaded jets into the heart of New York was impression enough.  To then bomb your own intelligence agency, crash a plane in the middle of nowhere, and then call the BBC and tell them to write and release a report some 20 minutes before an event is needlessly (and laughably) complicated.  As if killing 3,000 people with hijacked jets, full of people that apparently weren't there, wasn't difficult enough in the first place.

Face it, Rob - people have made their minds up on 9/11.  There was no conspiracy, and you're never going to convince anyone (over the age of about 13, anyway) that it happened the way you tell us.  No one listens to your 'evidence' other than the people that already give you their support, which is why most of us simply mock you instead.
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2007, 02:47:16 PM »
if you needed to make an impression, flying two fully-loaded jets into the heart of New York was impression enough. 

Why two planes and not one?  Why two and not 4?  Please show us your polling data that shows the mental effect of 2 planes vs. 4, since you made a statement that 2 was adequate.

They attacked the military heart so people would fear the govt couldnt stop them.  They attacked the financial/business heart so people would fear going to work.  They crashed in rural Penn so you'd be scared in your own home. 

Face it, Rob - people have made their minds up on 9/11.  There was no conspiracy, and you're never going to convince anyone (over the age of about 13, anyway) that it happened the way you tell us.  No one listens to your 'evidence' other than the people that already give you their support, which is why most of us simply mock you instead.

I have independent polls from reputable companies like Zogby and Scripps that show tens of millions of Americans believe it was an inside job.

What do you have, besides an opinion?

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2007, 02:48:32 PM »
Why two planes and not one?  Why two and not 4?  Please show us your polling data that shows the mental effect of 2 planes vs. 4, since you made a statement that 2 was adequate.

They attacked the military heart so people would fear the govt couldnt stop them.  They attacked the financial/business heart so people would fear going to work.  They crashed in rural Penn so you'd be scared in your own home. 

I have independent polls from reputable companies like Zogby and Scripps that show tens of millions of Americans believe it was an inside job.

What do you have, besides an opinion?

Hundreds of millions of people more that believe it wasn't.  Don't mistake yourself for being in the majority here.
Thread Killer

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2007, 03:44:19 PM »
So a guy who voted for Clinton twice knows what a true republican is?

Supporting your party "thru thick and thin"?  Is that what you call it when you support abuses?  i would call that being a shitty american. 

I tell you what.  Let's say you work for McDonalds.  You love McDonalds.  but your boss is stealing.  So you point it out, and he is fired and replaced with a better boss.  McDonalds is now stronger, its customers are happier, and its stock is healthier.

The diff between you and me is that you would keep the thief at work and I would fire him.  You accept and condone crime because of misplaced loyalty.  Your loyalty SHOULD be to the grand ol party and the United States, not to this current group of pilferers.  But you cannot separate the two.

Yes I know what a "true Republican" is (I had lunch with one today) and that ain't you.  You are a liberal.  And yes anyone who takes intentional steps to throw his vote in the garbage and help elect people of the opposing party is disloyal.  Shame on you. 

One of the differences between you and me is I have employees and you don't (and probably never have had them) so your hypotheticals don't make a lot of sense.  You're talking out of your rear end again. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2007, 03:46:17 PM »
This gets to the crux of why you continue to flood this board with 9/11 information.  You honestly believe you are better researched than anyone here, and that those who don't buy into this 9/11 crap must be ignorant to the 'truth' out there.

But to be fair - no one cares if you think you have 'proof' a missile was fired into the Pentagon.  Nor does anyone care that you think the BBC reported the falling of one of the WTC buildings before it actually collapsed.  I know I roll my eyes every time someone pipes in with a theory about flight 93's macabre ending.

The reason normal people don't care and aren't listening is because they've either already been convinced (more than 5 years on) by the massive scrutiny the events of that day have come under, or they are smart enough to know that plotting an event like this would have been impossible.  To then throw out stories like the BBC one or the Pentagon one is defunct - because anyone with a drop of common sense will tell you - if you needed to make an impression, flying two fully-loaded jets into the heart of New York was impression enough.  To then bomb your own intelligence agency, crash a plane in the middle of nowhere, and then call the BBC and tell them to write and release a report some 20 minutes before an event is needlessly (and laughably) complicated.  As if killing 3,000 people with hijacked jets, full of people that apparently weren't there, wasn't difficult enough in the first place.

Well said Bruce.  I agree. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2007, 04:34:18 PM »
Hundreds of millions of people more that believe it wasn't.  Don't mistake yourself for being in the majority here.

99% of people once believed the earth was flat.

As evidence to the contrary came to light that % got smaller.

How many people believe the earth is flat today?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2007, 04:35:24 PM »
Yes I know what a "true Republican" is (I had lunch with one today) and that ain't you.  You are a liberal.  And yes anyone who takes intentional steps to throw his vote in the garbage and help elect people of the opposing party is disloyal.  Shame on you. 

One of the differences between you and me is I have employees and you don't (and probably never have had them) so your hypotheticals don't make a lot of sense.  You talking out of your rear end again. 

Beach Bum,

You are a flip flopper.

You voted for Clinton twice and bush twice.

Anything you say about party loyalty is crap.

And yes, by not demanding the best from your party... and by ignoring their crimes... you are not being loyal.  You are destroying them. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2007, 04:39:49 PM »
One of the differences between you and me is I have employees and you don't (and probably never have had them) so your hypotheticals don't make a lot of sense.  You're talking out of your rear end again. 

Seriously, would any "University professor" say things like this?

Ignorant.  You're assumptive and ignorant.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2007, 05:09:24 PM »
Beach Bum,

You are a flip flopper.

You voted for Clinton twice and bush twice.

Anything you say about party loyalty is crap.

And yes, by not demanding the best from your party... and by ignoring their crimes... you are not being loyal.  You are destroying them. 

lol.  Look Einstein, only one of us claims to be a member of political party.  That would be you, you phony "Republican."