Author Topic: Supporting the Troops: "Shut Up and Suffer"  (Read 8052 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Supporting the Troops: "Shut Up and Suffer"
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2007, 05:10:34 PM »
lol.  Look Einstein, only one of us claims to be a member of political party.  That would be you, you phony "Republican."     

My voting record says I've voted republican since early 90s.  I'm a registered republican.

Of course, a man with a phony college degree (you) would know phony when you saw it...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2007, 05:13:34 PM »

Seriously, would any "University professor" say things like this?

Ignorant.  You're assumptive and ignorant.

Okay.  And I value your opinion so much.   ::)  You've obviously never owned a business and managed employees.  And if you did, I doubt it survived very long.  You're not smart enough to manage employees and you have too much trouble distinguishing fact from fiction.  But hey maybe you can get another mail order degree in some business-related field that will help.  Maybe human resource management?  That might be a good one.  Just don’t pay too much.    

dkf360

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2007, 05:15:56 PM »
Beach Bum is the ultimate yes-man according to his definition of a 'true republican'.  I would love to have him reporting to me at work.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2007, 05:20:03 PM »
Beach Bum is the ultimate yes-man according to his definition of a 'true republican'.  I would love to have him reporting to me at work.

Yes sir.  Except I don't report to anyone.   :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2007, 05:20:26 PM »
Okay.  And I value your opinion so much.   ::)  You've obviously never owned a business and managed employees.  And if you did, I doubt it survived very long.  You're not smart enough to manage employees and you have too much trouble distinguishing fact from fiction.  But hey maybe you can get another mail order degree in some business-related field that will help.  Maybe human resource management?  That might be a good one.  Just don’t pay too much.    

So, as a university professor who runs a business and posts on getbig all day...

You don't understand what an MBA is (you think the "M" is for mail... it's not)

You say "you're not smart", something that most university professors don't say because they know that "smarts" are actually levels of understanding in different areas of specialization - a carpenter might be way "smarter" than a doctor at building a desk.

I worked in the corp field for a year, managing a team of 6 to 8 programmers on a DNN project with xml for an intranet web delivery system in which content reflected levels of permission and needs, plus preferences.  Some were on the H visas, others interns.  So yes, I do have team mgmt experience.  And oddly - unlike you - when I had that job (and I taught adult ed in the evenings - ironic since you claim to do the same only on a much higher level).  I didn't have time to blink, much less call people "not smart" on web boards all day.  As a univ professor, you should have req'd writings each year also... tell us about your yearly publishing, will ya?

So yes, having done just about what you're claiming to be doing - I call bullshit on you.  You're a fraud.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2007, 05:30:53 PM »
Not necessarily.  You asked "How would you know what left wingers think?"  Interpreted that to mean extreme left.  Ribo is there, so is Jag, 240, a few others. 

Beach Bum, don't categorize me because it's evident to me you don't have a clue what I think. You want to know where my political affiliation lays, ...read Berserkers post claiming his position. I'm in agreement with everything he said with one exception... I'm more a federalist than I am for "state's rights" I assume this discrepancy comes from being in a country where one of those "states" wants to break off and form it's own country, ...and has a lot to do with the fact that most often those invoking "state's rights" were talking more about the right to own other human beings.

And as for 240, I won't speak for him, ...but you are soooo off base with that one it's laughable.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2007, 05:33:09 PM »
And as for 240, I won't speak for him, ...but you are soooo off base with that one it's laughable.

So ironic.  He was voting Clinton and talking up hilary for 8 years.  Suddenly he can't get the taste of neocon taint out of his mouth.  He's done more to hurt the republican party by defending sour policy than he can imagine.  i think beach bum might be a left wing plant, actually.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2007, 05:35:41 PM »
Surely it's more of a pragmatic and reasoned decision to vote for the party you believe offers you the most as a voter, rather than blindly following 'your' party down whatever path they lead you.
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2007, 05:37:21 PM »
Surely it's more of a pragmatic and reasoned decision to vote for the party you believe offers you the most as a voter, rather than blindly following 'your' party down whatever path they lead you.

I vote for my party's values.

When there are candidates running who don't match these values, I criticize them.  Just like you'd fire a shitty employee to make your company stronger.  You don't defend every clod just because "he works here".

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2007, 05:44:21 PM »
I vote for my party's values.

When there are candidates running who don't match these values, I criticize them.  Just like you'd fire a shitty employee to make your company stronger.  You don't defend every clod just because "he works here".

Oh, okay.  I was under the impression the President runs the country, and therefore if you don't like him, you should probably vote for someone else. 
Thread Killer

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2007, 05:45:37 PM »

Ahem... can we get this back on track... as in discussing the actual issue rather than merely slinging monkey feces?  {pssst} I'm running out of popcorn
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2007, 06:10:21 PM »
Beach Bum, don't categorize me because it's evident to me you don't have a clue what I think. You want to know where my political affiliation lays, ...read Berserkers post claiming his position. I'm in agreement with everything he said with one exception... I'm more a federalist than I am for "state's rights" I assume this discrepancy comes from being in a country where one of those "states" wants to break off and form it's own country, ...and has a lot to do with the fact that most often those invoking "state's rights" were talking more about the right to own other human beings.

You are right that I don't know for a fact what your political persuasion is.  I just have opinion (that you're a liberal), which obviously could be right or wrong.  As I said in this string, you have conservative leanings when it comes to business.  But that's about all I've seen.  You impress me as pretty much a bleeding heart, which I don't mean as an insult.  One of my closest friends is a bleeding heart liberal.  Her husband is in Iraq, and she hates Bush.  I have no problem with her politics, or yours.  I do have a problem with all the American hating, but I don't we'll ever agree on that.   :)

And you agree with 240?  Shocking.   :o 

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2007, 06:12:16 PM »
You are right that I don't know for a fact what your political persuasion is.  I just have opinion (that you're a liberal), which obviously could be right or wrong.  As I said in this string, you have conservative leanings when it comes to business.  But that's about all I've seen.  You impress me as pretty much a bleeding heart, which I don't mean as an insult.  One of my closest friends is a bleeding heart liberal.  Her husband is in Iraq, and she hates Bush.  I have no problem with her politics, or yours.  I do have a problem with all the American hating, but I don't we'll ever agree on that.   :)

And you agree with 240?  Shocking.   :o 

She's undoubtedly Left Wing.  She believes a taxi driver's rights to not have seeing eye dogs in their vehicles trump that of the blind person's to have safe transport.  Only the Left could use such an illogical approach.
Thread Killer

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2007, 06:14:25 PM »

Ding!   :)  That's what independents do:  vote for whomever they believe is the best candidate.  

On the other hand, I believe loyal, strong supporters of a particular party vote for their candidates through thick and thin, holding their nose if they need to, because the alternative is allowing a member of the "other" party into office.  What is stupid and disloyal is claiming to be a Republican, while voting for a Libertarian who obviously has no shot at winning, which gives Democrats a better shot at getting into office.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2007, 06:15:46 PM »
She's undoubtedly Left Wing.  She believes a taxi driver's rights to not have seeing eye dogs in their vehicles trump that of the blind person's to have safe transport.  Only the Left could use such an illogical approach.

I demand you prove she is of the left.

I have a college professor friend who dropped out of school but now runs a business and can't recall his degree who posts here all day - this dude is the definition of the left.  He posts all these things that make republicans look like total douchehats.  He's an inside jobber.

HE is of the left.  not jag.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2007, 06:16:07 PM »
Ding!   :)  That's what independents do:  vote for whomever they believe is the best candidate.  

On the other hand, I believe loyal, strong supporters of a particular party vote for their candidates through thick and thin, holding their nose if they need to, because the alternative is allowing a member of the "other" party into office.  What is stupid and disloyal is claiming to be a Republican, while voting for a Libertarian who obviously has no shot at winning, which gives Democrats a better shot at getting into office.  

Absolutely, vote for who brings the most table to you as an individual, not because you like the look of the Repulican's elephant.
Thread Killer

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2007, 06:17:46 PM »
I demand you prove she is of the left.

I have a college professor friend who dropped out of school but now runs a business and can't recall his degree who posts here all day - this dude is the definition of the left.  He posts all these things that make republicans look like total douchehats.  He's an inside jobber.

HE is of the left.  not jag.

Aren't you a demanding young man today, Rob?

BB is quite a good poster and representative of conservative views, Jag is clearly a Leftist.  You, on the other hand, are a Republican hating Republican, an enigma.
Thread Killer

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2007, 06:19:27 PM »

Well, in her defense, sometimes she sounds like a pragmatic businesswoman.  But then she will go and say something like prisoners need to be paid minimum wage.   :-\

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2007, 06:20:59 PM »
Well, in her defense, sometimes she sounds like a pragmatic businesswoman.  But then she will go and say something like prisoners need to be paid minimum wage.   :-\

I know plenty of 'business' people that are of the Left.

Big Al Goracle for one.....

http://www.generationim.com/philosophy/
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2007, 06:21:04 PM »
BB is quite a good poster and representative of conservative views

A good third of Beach Bum's posts contain nothing but:  ::)

By definition of the Getbig charter, good posts are not one emoticon.

By definition, Beach Bum is a poor poster.

Also, until 2000, Beach Bum supported Clintons' policy in Africa, his inability to catch bin laden when given the chance, his office blowjobs, and his multiple other embarassments in office.  Do you now believe that "conservative views" must contain a background in cowardice and an inability to control oneself?  

If you support beach Bum, you support Bill clinton.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2007, 06:24:02 PM »
A good third of Beach Bum's posts contain nothing but:  ::)

By definition of the Getbig charter, good posts are not one emoticon.

By definition, Beach Bum is a poor poster.

Also, until 2000, Beach Bum supported Clintons' policy in Africa, his inability to catch bin laden when given the chance, his office blowjobs, and his multiple other embarassments in office.  Do you now believe that "conservative views" must contain a background in cowardice and an inability to control oneself?  

If you support beach Bum, you support Bill clinton.

Uh, I see.  Perhaps I'll let BB tell me himself his views of the Clinton Administration as you have a habit of putting your own words in other's mouths.

And I see nothing wrong with having supported Bill Clinton.
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2007, 06:25:45 PM »
Uh, I see.  Perhaps I'll let BB tell me himself his views of the Clinton Administration as you have a habit of putting your own words in other's mouths.

I would LOVE to hear about his views on Clinton.

You see, BB has made it clear - you support a man, you support what he does.  And that is fine.  But if he did it for Clinton just as he does for Bush, then he has just shown himself to flipflop on most issues over the last decade.

And if he only parroted Bush policies but not Clinton's, then he is a hypocrite for telling me I'm a bad repuib for criticizing the man I voted for.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2007, 06:32:39 PM »

Smart man.   :)  Bruce if you notice, the overwhelming majority of my exchanges with 240 are nonsubstantive.  I clown around with him, because I think he is a nut.  He is here mainly for my entertainment.  Anytime someone wants to a substantive discussion on most any issue, I'm game. 

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2007, 06:35:06 PM »
Smart man.   :)  Bruce if you notice, the overwhelming majority of my exchanges with 240 are nonsubstantive.  I clown around with him, because I think he is a nut.  He is here for mainly for my entertainment.  Anytime someone wants to a substantive discussion on most any issue, I'm game. 

I have to say I'm much the same - I like Rob, I think he's a really likeable guy and I've followed his posts here since he arrived.  I do, however, find someone that buys into conspiracies so easily hard to take serious in debate.
Thread Killer

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2007, 06:38:54 PM »
I have to say I'm much the same - I like Rob, I think he's a really likeable guy and I've followed his posts here since he arrived.  I do, however, find someone that buys into conspiracies so easily hard to take serious in debate.

What moves him into the "nut" category is the moon thing.  I think the 911 conspiracy theory is dumb, but when you combine that with the faked moon landing (and many others conspiracies), you move into the coo coo for cocoa puffs category in my book.