Author Topic: What would people say if this happened?  (Read 14128 times)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
What would people say if this happened?
« on: March 29, 2007, 09:51:44 AM »
We take 50% of the B-52s from Barksdale, 50% of the B-2s from Whiteman, 50% of the B-1s from Dyess, load them to the gills, fly over to Iran/Iraq/NK (take your pick) and bomb the living shit out of it until they give up. What would all the Libs have to say about that?
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: What would people say if this happened?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 09:55:42 AM »
We take 50% of the B-52s from Barksdale, 50% of the B-2s from Whiteman, 50% of the B-1s from Dyess, load them to the gills, fly over to Iran/Iraq/NK (take your pick) and bomb the living shit out of it until they give up. What would all the Libs have to say about that?

Intriguing.

Tell us about part 2 of your plan.

Do we move in 100,000 men to try to referee the power vacuum?  Or do we go home and let China/Russia move in and take that oil and run our prices up to eight bucks a gallon?

Wait a second - you're a low grade subject whose purpose is to 'blow shit up'.  Things like economic infrastructure and resource menegement are above your pay scale and cognitive abilities.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 09:58:07 AM »
Intriguing.

Tell us about part 2 of your plan.

Do we move in 100,000 men to try to referee the power vacuum?  Or do we go home and let China/Russia move in and take that oil and run our prices up to eight bucks a gallon?

Wait a second - you're a low grade subject whose purpose is to 'blow shit up'.  Things like economic infrastructure and resource menegement are above your pay scale and cognitive abilities.

LMAO, once they give up we waltz in and set up our own government and draft up some PSAs
gotta love life

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 10:03:10 AM »

Nevermind the Libs I'm curious to see what Conservatives have to say about that.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 10:03:33 AM »
LMAO, once they give up we waltz in and set up our own government

Bad plan.  Guaranteed to fail if (thanks, 240) the Russians and/or Chinese don't like the idea.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 10:06:39 AM »
LMAO, once they give up we waltz in and set up our own government and draft up some PSAs

Sweet!!!

Now, Iran does have 70 million people.

how many will remain alive after your bombings, and how can we be sure that they will not do things like those pesky insurgents next door in iraq?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 10:13:04 AM »
Nevermind the Libs I'm curious to see what Conservatives have to say about that.

They're in the restroom with a kleenex, lotion, and a copy of your post!  They'll be back shortly.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 10:19:19 AM »
I'd say you and Rummy are on track for worst strategic war planners award. Go down in history as a failure.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 10:21:45 AM »
I'm sure this was not his plan....I wish we could make all go away.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 10:27:20 AM »
I'd say you and Rummy are on track for worst strategic war planners award. Go down in history as a failure.

LOL!

Now I am all abuot the US being #1 in the world, so I am fine with being oil aggressors - as long as we're HONEST with ourselves about it.  Taking that fake moral high road, as many do, and claiming we're there as saints and not as sinners, is total cowardice.

BUT - if you're going to bomb the shit out of a nation, at least look at what happens in week #2 when every societal control and resource faucet is suddenly pinkmisted and you've got chaos, ambition, weapons, and trillions of reasons to die for it.

This is, of course, when the goal is to WIN.  it's long been my opinion that the goal of the war in iraq is NOT to win - but rather to stall til the pipeline is completeld in fall of 2008.  The troops are fighting their asses off, but resources are appropriated so that the insurgency is never crushed.  If peace came tomorrow, the pipeline project is OVER.  We are asked to leave, period.  Until there is peace, we chase our goal of managing $50 trillion worth of oil, with hefty markups for our time ;)  There is seriously NO motive to win this war, for anyone with a stock portfolio.  you think about that.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 10:38:15 AM »

If we did it right now?

Probably would work to a certain extent.  But they wouldn't give up.  They are religious nuts. 

In the process we would kill thousands of civilians and be hailed as a evil empire.   

We would be alienated by even some of our strongest allies.

We would be condemned by the rest of the world.

It would be political suicide and our reputation as a "christain Nation" would change to "warmongers" and murderers.

It would be about the least thought out move ever at the expense of many dead innocent people who will suffer the effects for many years.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 10:44:17 AM »
There is seriously NO motive to win this war, for anyone with a stock portfolio.  you think about that.

Thinking about stuff for too long makes mm's head hurt...  ???

Can't he just blow some shit up?

Explosions are cool!

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 11:06:01 AM »
LMAO, my whole point is that day after day you guys come in here and say the military sucks that we can't beet a bunch of rag heads. Well if we were allowed to use our full force there would be no Iran/Iraq left...It's the politics of war that keep us from suceeding, not the military
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2007, 11:06:59 AM »
LMAO, my whole point is that day after day you guys come in here and say the military sucks that we can't beet a bunch of rag heads. Well if we were allowed to use our full force there would be no Iran/Iraq left...It's the politics of war that keep us from suceeding, not the military

Are those politics dictated to the military by the White House and Congress?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 11:09:37 AM »

Interesting way to make a point. 

Rummy and Bush had nearly unlimited latitude on how to conduct the invasion and aftermath.   They dropped the ball in the aftermath.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 11:10:27 AM »

Are those politics dictated to the military by the White House and Congress?

To name a few, like OzmO said...."We would be alienated by even some of our strongest allies.

We would be condemned by the rest of the world.

It would be political suicide and our reputation as a "christain Nation" would change to "warmongers" and murderers
gotta love life

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2007, 11:11:13 AM »
Interesting way to make a point. 

Rummy and Bush had nearly unlimited latitude on how to conduct the invasion and aftermath.   They dropped the ball in the aftermath.

Unlimited? so if they had carpet bombed like we did in Vietnam everyone would have been cool with that?
gotta love life

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2007, 11:32:13 AM »
Unlimited? so if they had carpet bombed like we did in Vietnam everyone would have been cool with that?

In the invasion Carpet bombing wasn't needed.    No cope-thunder here.

We toppled a ruling government and defeat it's military in 3-weeks with next to nothing in casualties......what ever we did was exactly what was needed.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2007, 11:37:31 AM »
In the invasion Carpet bombing wasn't needed.    No cope-thunder here.

We toppled a ruling government and defeat it's military in 3-weeks with next to nothing in casualties......what ever we did was exactly what was needed.

Yeah the invasion was great. the Aftermanth we have been held back. Look I know no one wants to lose civilians but if you look through History, that is how wars are won. Not by defeating the opposing military. Look at Japan, we never touched the japanese military did we? we took out a few hundred thousand civilians and they gave up. If we went in to Iraq and started massive bombing raids trying to oust Al-Queda members, it wouldn't take many civilian deaths before tha Iraqis started ousting Al-Queda for us.
gotta love life

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2007, 11:50:01 AM »
Yeah the invasion was great. the Aftermanth we have been held back. Look I know no one wants to lose civilians but if you look through History, that is how wars are won. Not by defeating the opposing military. Look at Japan, we never touched the japanese military did we? we took out a few hundred thousand civilians and they gave up. If we went in to Iraq and started massive bombing raids trying to oust Al-Queda members, it wouldn't take many civilian deaths before tha Iraqis started ousting Al-Queda for us.

See, now this I agree with... If you're going to go into battle, go in to win... don't sit around and wait for the enemy to attack. Go in balls out, watch your back, and fuck 'em up.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2007, 11:56:23 AM »
See, now this I agree with... If you're going to go into battle, go in to win... don't sit around and wait for the enemy to attack. Go in balls out, watch your back, and fuck 'em up.

wish we could, politics don't allow it
gotta love life

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2007, 12:00:20 PM »
wish we could, politics don't allow it

That seems to be the real problem... Imagine how few troops we would have lost if we had gone in and kicked some skulls in.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2007, 12:02:03 PM »
That seems to be the real problem... Imagine how few troops we would have lost if we had gone in and kicked some skulls in.

preaching to the choir.
gotta love life

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2007, 12:03:44 PM »

This is part of the problems now.  If we could do what Saddam did to control his country by ruthlessly squashing any resistance we wouldn't have to worry about IED's or insurgents either.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2007, 12:08:52 PM »
This is part of the problems now.  If we could do what Saddam did to control his country by ruthlessly squashing any resistance we wouldn't have to worry about IED's or insurgents either.

I can't imagine anyone having an issue with that... At least I wouldn't.