Author Topic: Mayweather sets a challenge for Liddell  (Read 17166 times)

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
Re: Mayweather sets a challenge for Liddell
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2007, 03:00:51 PM »
I'm a big proponent of position over submission, HOWEVER, Tim has inordinately long legs, wore knee pads for friction, was on Monson's shoulders, had his arm passed, simply needed to readjust, move more to his right.  He was punching Monson in the face with his free hand. 

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2007, 04:01:27 PM »
I'm a big proponent of position over submission, HOWEVER, Tim has inordinately long legs, wore knee pads for friction, was on Monson's shoulders, had his arm passed, simply needed to readjust, move more to his right.  He was punching Monson in the face with his free hand. 

What does Tim know about submission.. Serious quetion. I didnt think that he worked much on the ground.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2007, 04:44:59 PM »
What does Tim know about submission.. Serious quetion. I didnt think that he worked much on the ground.

He works with Jeremy Horn, he is a sub whiz.  Like Randy Couture opined, Tim has a tendency to "not lose" versus trying to win.  The triangle attempt is a clear example.  (Monson is an ADCC champ and he NEARLY triangled him)

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2007, 07:57:13 AM »
In my opinion wrestling is the hardest sport to train in. Football practice is tough...wrestling is brutal. I didn't wrestle in college.

If you never played football, never wrestled, and never did MMA, what the hell do you know about what training is harder ??? All training is as hard as you make it. Every one should know this form Body Building some ppl just play around. And some go all out! If you go all out it's getting harder and harder every time un till it's at a level normal ppl have no comprehension of. But very few have the guts to take things to the absolute limit, the ones that do are your Arnie's Feodor's Cro Cops etc.. they all have one thing in common they train harder than anyone else around! I hope this helps ;)
P

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2007, 09:24:18 AM »
If you never played football, never wrestled, and never did MMA, what the hell do you know about what training is harder ??? All training is as hard as you make it. Every one should know this form Body Building some ppl just play around. And some go all out! If you go all out it's getting harder and harder every time un till it's at a level normal ppl have no comprehension of. But very few have the guts to take things to the absolute limit, the ones that do are your Arnie's Feodor's Cro Cops etc.. they all have one thing in common they train harder than anyone else around! I hope this helps ;)
Uhh...how do you know I "never played football", dumbass?  ???
It is MY opinion that wrestling training is the most intense. Perhaps by your definition baseball and wrestling are the same...depending on how "hard you make it."  ::)
!

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2007, 11:00:56 AM »

Nathan, you are absolutely right!!!  When the best in the world train, regardless if it's water polo or boxing/mma, they go all out. 

I played football, boxed (Training only on a non competition level), pro wrestled, bodybuilding).  They were all tough in many ways....100 sets workouts, non stop with steve michalik was as tough as any, but on a continuous level, day in day out, pro wrestling with bill demott as the trainer was the most challenging...I guess because I didn't know it well and had to learn the skill as I was completly blown up. 

MMA is obviously tough, but some guys go through the motions while others work their asses off.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2007, 11:11:19 AM »
Who gives a flying fuck if a top MMA fighter could not win a boxing match....Boxing is fooking BOOOOORING!!!!!

The true definition of "owning" someone, is to beat the shit out of them in a real fight.  The reason why MMA is growing so quickly, is because it's as close as it gets to a real fight.  A top ranked pro boxer would have his ass handed to him in a real fight against any experienced MMA fighter. 

UFC PPV fights are already getting higher ratings than boxing.  The money is starting to flow in.  Soon enough, you'll start seeing the payouts increase accordingly.

Boxing is in the toilet and someone is about to flush.

Earl, stick to sniffing Leverone panties.

you stick to using the same tired, unoriginal insults and I'll just continue to speak the truth 8)

E
E

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2007, 11:40:34 AM »
Nathan, you are absolutely right!!!  When the best in the world train, regardless if it's water polo or boxing/mma, they go all out. 

I played football, boxed (Training only on a non competition level), pro wrestled, bodybuilding).  They were all tough in many ways....100 sets workouts, non stop with steve michalik was as tough as any, but on a continuous level, day in day out, pro wrestling with bill demott as the trainer was the most challenging...I guess because I didn't know it well and had to learn the skill as I was completly blown up. 

MMA is obviously tough, but some guys go through the motions while others work their asses off.

What orginization did you wrestle in???

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2007, 12:06:22 PM »
What orginization did you wrestle in???

The training I described was in wwe at deep south wrestling.....Demott is a incredible teacher and you will be in shape while training with him.

I recently did a dark match with Chavo Guerrero and wwe and will be with them on some live events in june.  I love it and train very hard and consistant to be the best I can be.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2007, 12:14:58 PM »
The training I described was in wwe at deep south wrestling.....Demott is a incredible teacher and you will be in shape while training with him.

I recently did a dark match with Chavo Guerrero and wwe and will be with them on some live events in june.  I love it and train very hard and consistant to be the best I can be.

That's cool well good luck with taht venture in your life. We will be looking for you. Its a huge commitment and very demanding on the body best of luck...

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2007, 02:21:50 PM »

Those that goes through the motions get KOed, subbed, beaten on especially as you rise through the local, regional tournaments, fights, matches. 

~salmon~

« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2007, 03:58:16 PM »
you stick to using the same tired, unoriginal insults and I'll just continue to speak the truth 8)

E

Is there any truth to the rumour that when you heard Kevin thank you on his radio interview, you scrambled to get your special edition Kevin "long dong" leverone dildo and rushed to jam it up your ass before you errupted in a cataclysmic gaygasm?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2007, 08:24:46 PM »
Is there any truth to the rumour that when you heard Kevin thank you on his radio interview, you scrambled to get your special edition Kevin "long dong" leverone dildo and rushed to jam it up your ass before you errupted in a cataclysmic gaygasm?

oh brother hit me with something I haven't heard before ::)

E
E

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2007, 09:55:29 PM »

E
The truth bears repeating?  :-\
!

~salmon~

« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2007, 08:38:51 AM »

E

Oh like you're so original with your stupid "Leverowned" in every other post ::)

dirtysanchez

• Getbig II
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2007, 08:45:36 AM »
No Chuck was having knee problems which he has since had surgery on since the Ortiz fight. 
.  Great vid of Lennox getting thrown to the ground by Jeremy Williams.  Chuck hates going to the ground with superior Jits guys.  He took Overeem down when he was in trouble.  And he did wrestle D1 at Cal Poly. 
That was funny as hell...Lennox got pissed

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2007, 11:00:30 AM »
Oh like you're so original with your stupid "Leverowned" in every other post ::)

I coined that word so yeah it is original

you are now fulblOWNED 8)

E

E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2007, 11:02:56 AM »
The truth bears repeating?  :-\

you think tito is a great fighter nothing you say should be taken seriously :P

E
E

~salmon~

« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2007, 11:03:53 AM »
I coined that word so yeah it is original

you are now fulblOWNED 8)

E

You know what Earl...I'm goign to cut you some slack because you hold your own around here without having to rely on a whack-pack to support you on every thread.

peace...

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2007, 11:08:46 AM »
You know what Earl...I'm goign to cut you some slack because you hold your own around here without having to rely on a whack-pack to support you on every thread.

peace...

yes I am a one man owning crew :D :D :D :D

only the weak need the help of others 8)

E
E

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2007, 11:31:53 AM »
you think tito is a great fighter nothing you say should be taken seriously :P

E
???
Did you forget to clear Levrone's semen from your eyes?
Perhaps you mean Felix Trinidad. If you mean Tito Ortiz, I don't like him and he is not a great mma fighter in my opinion.
!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2007, 11:39:52 AM »
???
Did you forget to clear Levrone's semen from your eyes?
Perhaps you mean Felix Trinidad. If you mean Tito Ortiz, I don't like him and he is not a great mma fighter in my opinion.

haha another unoriginal insult ::)

how does it feel to not have the brain capacity to come up with something of your own Leroy ;D

E
E

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2007, 11:45:29 AM »
haha another unoriginal insult ::)

how does it feel to not have the brain capacity to come up with something of your own Leroy ;D

E
Wow...I thought it was an original. I guess when you are a self professed Levrone scrotum-licker there are no more original insults left, so we'll just have to recycle 'em.  :D

If it's the regular beef injections you recieve that make you so smart I'll just have to settle for less.  ;)

Who's Leroy?
!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2007, 11:46:55 AM »
Wow...I thought it was an original. I guess when you are a self professed Levrone scrotum-licker there are no more original insults left, so we'll just have to recycle 'em.  :D

If it's the regular beef injections you recieve that make you so smart I'll just have to settle for less.  ;)

Who's Leroy?

;D ;D ;D

E
E

Journeyman

• Getbig II
  • BIGGER STRONGER FASTER!
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2007, 06:07:24 PM »
boxing is losing its appeal. mayweather is just try to stir things up..thats all. bottomeline is that people aren't buying boxing events anymore. mma is taking over

with boxers still making millions per fight, mma taking over i think not!
Journeyman