Author Topic: McCain heckled by CNN reporter  (Read 15126 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
McCain heckled by CNN reporter
« on: April 02, 2007, 07:33:33 AM »
DRUDGE:

Sun Apr 01 2007 13:50:38 ET

**Exclusive**

During a live press conference in Baghdad, Senators McCain and Graham were heckled by CNN reporter Michael Ware. An official at the press conference called Ware’s conduct “outrageous,” saying, “here you have two United States Senators in Bagdad giving first-hand reports while Ware is laughing and mocking their comments. I’ve never witnessed such disrespect. This guy is an activist not a reporter.”

Senators McCain and Graham flew into Iraq and drove into Baghdad, making stops at an open market and a joint Iraq/American military security outpost before appearing at the press conference.

This is not the first time Michael Ware has taken issue with Senator McCain’s comments about early progress in Iraq. Last week, after Senator McCain told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer that he needed to catch up on the news coming out of Iraq, Michael Ware responded, saying:

“I don't know what part of Neverland Senator McCain is talking about when he says we can go strolling in Baghdad.”

Michael Ware has also publicly expressed his views on the war last year in an interview with Bill Maher, saying, “I've been given a front-row ticket to watch this slow-motion train wreck … I try to stay as drunk for as long as possible while I'm here … In fact, I'm drinking now.”

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
Re: McCain heckled by CNN reporter
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 07:39:34 AM »
Yeah I saw one clip last week where this Michael Ware guy was like "if you have trouble hearing me its because of the helicopters swirling overhead and the gun battles blazing a block away." Except that you could not hear anything in the background at all. I wasn't sure if he was trying to be funny or soemthing.

He said it with such glee, too. 
Valhalla awaits.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 07:54:59 AM »
that guys is always so funny.  I saw his "neverland" clip on wolf blitzer, and thought he'd be in trouble then.

the guy has always been crazy like that, but he does make it interesting to watch.  If more media did push the envelope, politicians might be more honest.  WHat mccain said, really trivialized every risk being taken by every troop and reporter in the nation for 4 years.

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 03:46:38 PM »
And people still don't think CNN has a liberal bias?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 03:53:43 PM »

I didn't believe it until I actually started paying attention and comparing CNN and Fox.  IMO, there is an obvious liberal bias with CNN and conservative bias with Fox. 

One thing is certain:  this Ware guy isn't just reporting the news.  He's trying to influence public opinion.   

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 03:55:10 PM »
Did they throw french fries at him?

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 03:59:44 PM »
He's trying to influence public opinion.   

bawhaha. Influence it? How by converting the 33% of those who favor the Iraq war?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 04:02:25 PM »
bawhaha. Influence it? How by converting the 33% of those who favor the Iraq war?

“I've been given a front-row ticket to watch this slow-motion train wreck … I try to stay as drunk for as long as possible while I'm here … In fact, I'm drinking now.”   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 04:08:37 PM »
IMO, there is an obvious liberal bias with CNN and conservative bias with Fox. 

I believe FOX is very far right and MSNBC is far left at this point.

CNN is more left than right, for sure.  But they have that moderate foundation that neither of the others has.  Their focus goes beyond left/right - instead, I think they use middle INCOME/CLASS as their primary target market.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 04:20:03 PM »

Liberal bias for questioning McCain and his misleading comments about Baghdad?  :-\

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 05:33:12 PM »
Liberal bias for questioning McCain and his misleading comments about Baghdad?  :-\

These days anything that negatively reports the war is a Liberal Bias.  plain and simple.  It's about time you people start acting right and stop walk the line of treason.

You are either for us or against.  There is no gray area.  Just BUSH's way or the wrong way.

Why are you people so slow to get that?

Start acting right, go to church, believe in democracy, report the commies to your local party members... err  ah  republican...  errr ah the FBI, report all terrorist, anyone who doesn't agree with BUSH to the FBI.

traitors.

Clinton caused all this you know.  dam libs.

::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007, 05:42:18 PM »
These days anything that negatively reports the war is a Liberal Bias.  plain and simple.  It's about time you people start acting right and stop walk the line of treason.

You are either for us or against.  There is no gray area.  Just BUSH's way or the wrong way.

Why are you people so slow to get that?

Start acting right, go to church, believe in democracy, report the commies to your local party members... err  ah  republican...  errr ah the FBI, report all terrorist, anyone who doesn't agree with BUSH to the FBI.

traitors.

Clinton caused all this you know.  dam libs.

::)

hahaha you always can tell the pussies.  They're the ones who blame everyone for everything. 

Repubs have owned the white house, congress, and the world for 6 years, and we're hated and losing everywhere. 

yet them blame everyone but themselves. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 05:45:15 PM »

hahaha you always can tell the pussies.  They're the ones who blame everyone for everything. 

Repubs have owned the white house, congress, and the world for 6 years, and we're hated and losing everywhere. 

yet them blame everyone but themselves. 

One of the biggest indicators of a drone-ship or a sheeple is when someone actually blames Clinton for 9/11.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 05:46:57 PM »
Some actually postive out of Iraq:

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2007, 06:15:27 PM »
One of the biggest indicators of a drone-ship or a sheeple is when someone actually blames Clinton for 9/11.

headhunter6 says that even if the attack had happened FIVE years into the Bush admin, it would still be Clinton's fault.

Seriously, how do you have an intelligent conversation with someone like that?  They have no basis in reality.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2007, 06:29:18 PM »
Did they throw french fries at him?

freedom fries dahlin freedom fries  ;D
carpe` vaginum!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2007, 06:31:55 PM »
freedom fries dahlin freedom fries  ;D

After the French put out "911: The Big Lie" and "Hunt the Boeing", our govts response was to attempt to trivialize the French so that people wouldn't even listen to what they have to say.

Attack the messenger, not the message ;)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2007, 08:09:40 AM »
Ware responds - scroll down for video

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/04/02/ware-drudge/

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2007, 08:11:11 AM »
DRUDGE:

**Exclusive**

During a live press conference in Baghdad, Senators McCain and Graham were heckled by CNN reporter Michael Ware. An official at the press conference called Ware’s conduct “outrageous,” saying, “here you have two United States Senators in Bagdad giving first-hand reports while Ware is laughing and mocking their comments. I’ve never witnessed such disrespect. This guy is an activist not a reporter.”

Senators McCain and Graham flew into Iraq and drove into Baghdad, making stops at an open market and a joint Iraq/American military security outpost before appearing at the press conference.

This is not the first time Michael Ware has taken issue with Senator McCain’s comments about early progress in Iraq. Last week, after Senator McCain told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer that he needed to catch up on the news coming out of Iraq, Michael Ware responded, saying:

“I don't know what part of Neverland Senator McCain is talking about when he says we can go strolling in Baghdad.”

Michael Ware has also publicly expressed his views on the war last year in an interview with Bill Maher, saying, “I've been given a front-row ticket to watch this slow-motion train wreck … I try to stay as drunk for as long as possible while I'm here … In fact, I'm drinking now.”

Sorry dumbass but he didn't heckle him, watch the tape.  he didn't even ask a question.   Next!
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2007, 09:05:30 AM »
DRUDGE:

**Exclusive**

Has ANYONE viewed a clip of this heckling by Ware?

Ware was interviewed and said it NEVER happened.

I'd believe Ware over John "Jerry Falwell" McCain. 

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2007, 09:06:59 AM »
Has ANYONE viewed a clip of this heckling by Ware?

Ware was interviewed and said it NEVER happened.

I'd believe Ware over John "Jerry Falwell" McCain. 

No, still can't find it.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2007, 09:11:31 AM »
No, still can't find it.

Because it NEVER happened.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2007, 09:24:43 AM »
that would be HUGE for drudge to report it, if the incident was entirely made up

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2007, 09:33:41 AM »
that would be HUGE for drudge to report it, if the incident was entirely made up

Drudge made it up.

If Ware made the comments......youtube should have it.

Ware said.........."it never happened"

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2007, 09:54:51 AM »
maybe Drudge just got snookered by one of his sources

either way, the story appears to be fake

You've got Ware denying it ever happened and there is no audio/video of it happening

If this was a live press conference there ought to be some tape of the event.