Author Topic: McCain heckled by CNN reporter  (Read 15128 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: McCain heckled by CNN reporter
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2007, 12:48:17 PM »
I honestly don't feel like searching thryu 6800 of your terrible posts for something you could easily delete.  Jag will back me, she reminded you last week that she remembered our discussion too.  I am sure others here remember it too.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2007, 12:58:42 PM »
I honestly don't feel like searching thryu 6800 of your terrible posts for something you could easily delete.  Jag will back me, she reminded you last week that she remembered our discussion too.  I am sure others here remember it too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119528/

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2007, 02:17:49 PM »
Most press is Liberal and they report on what suits them, if it were the other way around (mostly conservative media) you can bet those numbers would damn near be reversed!

::)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2007, 02:20:11 PM »
                                                  ::)

You really think that when meet the press has only Dem guests on their show that they are effectively reporting the story?
gotta love life

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2007, 03:22:17 PM »

Absolutely! I remember you saying that Beach Bum. I remember laughing my ass off at it too.

you can deny it all you want, ...but those of us who read it remember you saying it.

I also remember how you danced around it too, ...until you finally admitted it.

BTW - Drudge was also the one who in the wake of the Foley scandal, labelled pubescent teenage boys as little demons who prey on older perverted Congressmen tempting them with their bodies. No joke. It does not surprise me that he would make allegations about an event that everyone surrounding it denies. I would think tape of a reporter heckling McCain would be all over the place.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2007, 03:27:30 PM »
Absolutely! I remember you saying that Beach Bum. I remember laughing my ass off at it too.

you can deny it all you want, ...but those of us who read it remember you saying it.

I also remember how you danced around it too, ...until you finally admitted it.

Oh quit acting like a dang fool Jag.   ::)  Quote me.  I'm calling you on this crap too.  Same challenge I made to 240:  put up or shut up. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2007, 03:33:00 PM »
Oh quit acting like a dang fool Jag.   ::)  Quote me.  I'm calling you on this crap too.  Same challenge I made to 240:  put up or shut up. 

I would quote you except the post in which you admitted it is now gone.
I did a search the last time you denied it, ...and it is gone.

You can deny all you want, ...the three of us Me, YOU and 240 know the truth.

There may even be others here who remember it as well.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2007, 03:41:39 PM »
I would quote you except the post in which you admitted it is now gone.
I did a search the last time you denied it, ...and it is gone.

You can deny all you want, ...the three of us Me, YOU and 240 know the truth.

There may even be others here who remember it as well.

Sure Jag.  It mysteriously disappeared.   ::)  When the facts don't support you, make them up.  A 240 creed.  lol.

I'm not surprised 240 would make stuff up.  He does it all the time.  But you?  I'm a little surprised.  Not totally, knowing what I think I know about you, but a little.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2007, 04:30:10 PM »
Sure Jag.  It mysteriously disappeared.   ::)  When the facts don't support you, make them up.  A 240 creed.  lol.

I'm not surprised 240 would make stuff up.  He does it all the time.  But you?  I'm a little surprised.  Not totally, knowing what I think I know about you, but a little.   

What's so mysterious when one can delete their own posts.  I seem to recall the dialogue as well.

Why don't you just follow your usual MO and pretend you don't understand the question or respond with a similar non sequitur

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2007, 04:57:50 PM »

What's so mysterious when one can delete their own posts.  I seem to recall the dialogue as well.

Why don't you just follow your usual MO and pretend you don't understand the question or respond with a similar non sequitur

Why don't you follow your usual MO and pose another straw man question.  Wait . . . . you already did.   ::)   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2007, 05:16:44 PM »
Why don't you follow your usual MO and pose another straw man question.  Wait . . . . you already did.   ::)   

Actually - no I didn't.  There's nothing in my prior post that can in any way be construed as such

Why don't you educate yourself:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

BTW - My use of "straw man" was meant to be ironic.  I noticed that most of the right wing arguments on this site (yours included) and in the media are of the straw variety.     

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2007, 05:57:31 PM »
Actually - no I didn't.  There's nothing in my prior post that can in any way be construed as such

Why don't you educate yourself:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

BTW - My use of "straw man" was meant to be ironic.  I noticed that most of the right wing arguments on this site (yours included) and in the media are of the straw variety.     

"What's so mysterious when one can delete their own posts." = straw man question.  Hope this helps.   :)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2007, 06:12:28 PM »
"What's so mysterious when one can delete their own posts." = straw man question.  Hope this helps.   :)

wrong again

It's a statement of fact, not a logical fallacy.

There's not even any nuance.

You tried to belittle Jag by implying that there was some mystery in the missing post when it's obvious that you could delete it yourself

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2007, 06:18:06 PM »
Even 240's original question was gone, along with his quoting BB's response.

There are alot of posts missing from Getbig
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2007, 06:37:03 PM »
wrong again

It's a statement of fact, not a logical fallacy.

There's not even any nuance.

You tried to belittle Jag by implying that there was some mystery in the missing post when it's obvious that you could delete it yourself

[chuckle]  Dude, this is a question (probably a rhetorical question):  "What's so mysterious when one can delete their own posts."  If you intended this to be a statement of fact, it should read:  There is nothing mysterious when one can delete their own posts.

I didn't try and belittle Jag.  There is no missing post.  It never existed.  What did and does exist are a plethora of assertions by 240, with no direct response from me.  I generally ignore most of them.  So, if you are contending I deleted a post with your straw man question/statement, you're wrong.  You obviously haven't been paying attention to my exchanges with 240.  They are rarely substantive.       

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2007, 06:38:30 PM »
Even 240's original question was gone, along with his quoting BB's response.

There are alot of posts missing from Getbig

240 deleted a lot of his own posts.  Probably more than half.  Maybe there is a mysterious post-deleting gremlin lurking around the board.   ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2007, 06:46:03 PM »
[chuckle]  Dude, this is a question (probably a rhetorical question):  "What's so mysterious when one can delete their own posts."  If you intended this to be a statement of fact, it should read:  There is nothing mysterious when one can delete their own posts.

I didn't try and belittle Jag.  There is no missing post.  It never existed.  What did and does exist are a plethora of assertions by 240, with no direct response from me.  I generally ignore most of them.  So, if you are contending I deleted a post with your straw man question/statement, you're wrong.  You obviously haven't been paying attention to my exchanges with 240.  They are rarely substantive.       

I recall seeing the post

regardless - my query to you is not a logical fallacy.

You can in fact delete your own post so why pretend like it's a mystery that the post is gone ?  

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2007, 06:48:43 PM »

Ah... wrong again Beach Bum. It is a statement.

That little dot (.) at the end is called a period. Were it a question, there would have been a little curly guy above the period. It looks like this "?" and is called a question mark. This is basic punctuation my friend.

I'm surprised a college professor appears so ignorant about something as simple and as basic as punctuation.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2007, 06:52:47 PM »
I recall seeing the post

regardless - my query to you is not a logical fallacy.

You can in fact delete your own post so why pretend like it's a mystery that the post is gone ?  

Sure.  You recall seeing me post something that no longer exists.  Right.  ::)  LOL . . . This is a slow news day. . . .

Oh so now it's a "query" and not a statement of fact?  I'm not a grammar Nazi (mine isn't good enough), but your grammar was all wrong.  (You forgot your question mark in the first non-question question too.)

I never said there was a mystery.  Perfect example of another straw man question.  That really is your MO.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2007, 06:54:27 PM »
Ah... wrong again Beach Bum. It is a statement.

That little dot (.) at the end is called a period. Were it a question, there would have been a little curly guy above the period. It looks like this "?" and is called a question mark. This is basic punctuation my friend.

I'm surprised a college professor appears so ignorant about something as simple and as basic as punctuation.

LOL . . . . LOL. . . .  :D  So when a person asks a question and mistakenly uses a period instead of a question mark the question becomes a statement?  Now you guys are helping liven up my slow afternoon.   :D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2007, 06:57:29 PM »
LOL . . . . LOL. . . .  :D  So when a person asks a question and mistakenly uses a period instead of a question mark the question becomes a statement?  Now you guys are helping liven up my slow afternoon.   :D

Are we going to do this all night?

My comment was in reference to my statement.

Did I also ask you a question?

Yes I did

Is every question a straw man argument?

No it's not.

Are you really that thick or is it just a goof?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2007, 07:02:31 PM »
Are we going to do this all night?

My comment was in reference to my statement.

Did I also ask you a question?

Yes I did

Is every question a straw man argument?

No it's not.

Are you really that thick or is it just a goof?

All night?  Sun is shining here.  Beautiful afternoon. 

I didn't say every question was a straw man argument.  (That would be another straw man question/statement by you.  Very consistent.) 

"Thick" as in "stupid"?  You been talking to my wife?   

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2007, 07:04:35 PM »

I didn't try and belittle Jag.  There is no missing post.  It never existed.  What did and does exist are a plethora of assertions by 240, with no direct response from me.

Wrong. He hammered you until you answered the question, ...then he gloated over it, and since then, you've met all straightforward questions from 240 with eyerolls and general nonsense in a desperate and transparent bid to avoid another embarrassing pwning.

I generally ignore most of them.

I don't blame you. He has a tendency to make you look like a fool. Although it's not like you need much help there

So, if you are contending I deleted a post with your straw man question/statement, you're wrong.

I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and entertain the possibility you may not have deleted it yourself, ...but I doubt that someone, even someone as foolish as yourself would dare challenge him to quote you on something you clearly DID say, without knowing for a fact the incriminating evidence had already been destroyed.

You obviously haven't been paying attention to my exchanges with 240.  They are rarely substantive.       

Only because you are incapable of having any substantive discussion with 240. You bob & weave and avoid it like the plague. Not that I blame you... you do appear extremely foolish when going up against him, and he has an uncanny knack for cutting out the heart of your argument with near surgical precision. It's almost like watching a Tyson fight. You get all lathered up in anticipation of a fabulous match, ...then Tyson goes and knocks his opponent out in the first minute without even breaking a sweat. It's a bit of a let down. You just keep running away from him. Who knows... he may get tired and decide to stop chasing you around the ring, ...or not?
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2007, 07:06:37 PM »
Wrong. He hammered you until you answered the question, ...then he gloated over it, and since the,n you've met all straightforward questions from 240 with eyerolls and general nonsense in a desperate and transparent bid to avoid another embarrassing pwning.

I don't blame you. He has a tendency to make you look like a fool. Although it's not like you need much help there

I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and entertain the possibility you may not have deleted it yourself, ...but I doubt the someone, even someone as foolish as yourself would dare challenge him to quote you on something you clearly DID say, without knowing for a fact the incriminating evidence had already been destroyed.

Only because you are incapable of having any substantive discussion with 240. You bob & weave and avoid it like the plague. Not that I blame you... you do appear extremely foolish when going up against him, and he has an uncanny knack for cutting out the heart of your argument with near surgical precision. It's almost like watching a Tyson fight. You get all lathered up in anticipation of a fabulous match, ...then Tyson goes and knocks his opponent out in the first minute without even breaking a sweat. It's a bit of a let down. You just keep running away from him. Who knows... he may get tired and decide to stop chasing you around the ring, ...or not?

Very good Jag.  I'm impressed.  Very coherent response.  A mess factually, but nicely worded. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2007, 07:09:20 PM »
Very good Jag.  I'm impressed.  Very coherent response.  A mess factually, but nicely worded. 

...despite all the typos?  :-\
w