Author Topic: McCain heckled by CNN reporter  (Read 15167 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: McCain heckled by CNN reporter
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2007, 07:16:52 PM »
...despite all the typos?  :-\

Yes.  I've already said I'm not a grammar Nazi (although I do tease people about their grammar sometimes.  Mine is terrible.)  There was the typical fanciful element throughout your response, but it actually reads well. 

And I don't have a very high opinion of 240's intellect or debating skills.  He's actually quite juvenile.  (I'm an overgrown kid too--according to my own kids--but at least I can admit this.  :))  Almost always descends to name-calling if the debate/discussion goes on long enough.  He's incapable of debating anything for too long without ad hominem.  And maybe you have such a high opinion of him, because you have the same problem. 

Can you tell it’s a slow afternoon?   :-\

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2007, 07:42:05 PM »
Yes.  I've already said I'm not a grammar Nazi (although I do tease people about their grammar sometimes.  Mine is terrible.)  There was the typical fanciful element throughout your response, but it actually reads well. 

And I don't have a very high opinion of 240's intellect or debating skills.  He's actually quite juvenile.  (I'm an overgrown kid too--according to my own kids--but at least I can admit this.  :))  Almost always descends to name-calling if the debate/discussion goes on long enough.  He's incapable of debating anything for too long without ad hominem.  And maybe you have such a high opinion of him, because you have the same problem. 

Can you tell it’s a slow afternoon?   :-\

When dealing with passive aggressive types, ones patience can easily wear thin.

I have a high opinion of 240 because I've seen the transformation of 240.

Just consider yourself lucky you didn't know him 2 years ago. He would have been sooo far up your butt, he'd have been spotting precancerous polyps.  ;D (I'd love to take credit for that line, ...but someone else said it on here a while back) ...or maybe not? 2 yrs ago 240 had his head in the sand like everyone else, ready to take out the first person who even dared think, ...let alone whisper that there was something shady about the 911 story. The poor kid made the mistake of actually looking at the evidence rather than accepting the official story at face value. That's when he saw the official story came up looking like a piece of Swiss cheese.  :P

He should have just left well enough alone and continued to drink the government Kool-Aid. {lol}

I do find it interesting to note the calm that has come over him now that he is aware of the truth.

It's just as it says "The truth will set you free"

Bottom line is: You have to stand for something, ...or you'll fall for anything.
Many who post on here are living testament to that fact.

"As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit atrocities." --Voltaire
w

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2007, 07:48:06 PM »
All night?  Sun is shining here.  Beautiful afternoon

I didn't say every question was a straw man argument.  (That would be another straw man question/statement by you.  Very consistent.) 

"Thick" as in "stupid"?  You been talking to my wife?   
For some reason it wouldn't suprise me if you were ignorant of basic astronomy

Why are you going off on a tangent about punctuation?  Perhaps to avoid commenting on the original point?

I could spend my time pointing out when you've left out a question mark but that would be lame because we all know what you're talking about.   

What were you trying to say when you typed the following (we all know that it wasn't an attempt to belittle Jag or avoid responding to her comment) 

I would quote you except the post in which you admitted it is now gone.
I did a search the last time you denied it, ...and it is gone.

You can deny all you want, ...the three of us Me, YOU and 240 know the truth.

There may even be others here who remember it as well.

Sure Jag.  It mysteriously disappeared.   ::) 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2007, 08:46:56 PM »
When dealing with passive aggressive types, ones patience can easily wear thin.

I have a high opinion of 240 because I've seen the transformation of 240.

Just consider yourself lucky you didn't know him 2 years ago. He would have been sooo far up your butt, he'd have been spotting precancerous polyps.  ;D (I'd love to take credit for that line, ...but someone else said it on here a while back) ...or maybe not? 2 yrs ago 240 had his head in the sand like everyone else, ready to take out the first person who even dared think, ...let alone whisper that there was something shady about the 911 story. The poor kid made the mistake of actually looking at the evidence rather than accepting the official story at face value. That's when he saw the official story came up looking like a piece of Swiss cheese.  :P

He should have just left well enough alone and continued to drink the government Kool-Aid. {lol}

I do find it interesting to note the calm that has come over him now that he is aware of the truth.

It's just as it says "The truth will set you free"

Bottom line is: You have to stand for something, ...or you'll fall for anything.
Many who post on here are living testament to that fact.

"As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit atrocities." --Voltaire

240 believes the government faked the moon landing.  And about 10 or so other conspiracies.  I cannot take someone like that seriously. 

And I don't know him, but "passive aggressive" sounds about right.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2007, 08:48:15 PM »
For some reason it wouldn't suprise me if you were ignorant of basic astronomy

Why are you going off on a tangent about punctuation?  Perhaps to avoid commenting on the original point?

I could spend my time pointing out when you've left out a question mark but that would be lame because we all know what you're talking about.   

What were you trying to say when you typed the following (we all know that it wasn't an attempt to belittle Jag or avoid responding to her comment) 

Sure Jag.  It mysteriously disappeared.   ::) 

Here is a tip:  if you want to have a dialog, don't try an insult and then ask a question.   :) 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2007, 08:49:54 PM »
beach bum,

you are what you are.  play your position.  we're on different levels at this point, and it might always be that way.  do what you're built for, what you've been trained for.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2007, 08:51:51 PM »
beach bum,

you are what you are.  play your position.  we're on different levels at this point, and it might always be that way.  do what you're built for, what you've been trained for.

::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2007, 08:53:14 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2007, 08:54:47 PM »
Here is a tip:  if you want to have a dialog, don't try an insult and then ask a question.   :) 

still you never answer any question

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2007, 08:55:02 PM »
240 believes the government faked the moon landing.  And about 10 or so other conspiracies.  I cannot take someone like that seriously. 

He can believe the moon is made of green cheese for all I care, ...but when he IS able to back up his believes with sound, logical, arguments based on facts, ...a refusal to address it is merely indicative of your weak posture.

And I don't know him, but "passive aggressive" sounds about right.

{giggle} I was referring to you.

240 used to be a heckler, ...infact, he was an even better heckler than you will ever be, but he's outgrown that.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2007, 08:56:14 PM »
{ROTFLMAO} I swear if Ron disabled the eyeroll smiley, Beach would have a nervous breakdown.  ;D
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2007, 08:57:20 PM »
still you never answer any question

Sure I don't straw man.   ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2007, 08:59:38 PM »
He can believe the moon is made of green cheese for all I care, ...but when he IS able to back up his believes with sound, logical, arguments based on facts, ...a refusal to address it is merely indicative of your weak posture.

{giggle} I was referring to you.

240 used to be a heckler, ...infact, he was an even better heckler than you will ever be, but he's outgrown that.

I'm all out of laughs, but this is really funny.  Jag you both believe in the same conspiracies.  What else are you going to say? 

I'm about tapped out.  This is Idol and Lost night.  I might a post or two left . . . .  :)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2007, 09:01:30 PM »
Sure I don't straw man.   ::)

exactly

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2007, 09:02:37 PM »
I believed there are unexplained holes in the moon landing, particularly the PSI on the suits and the radiation faced.  Plus the initial statistical chances

And above all, those fishy pictures.  I would start a thread showing how the same backdrops were used with different rock arrangements, something impossible unless they moved around large boulders for different missions.

But it doesn't matter.  Neil Armostrong could sign a confession and he'd get an eye roll.

Beach Bum, you are an irrelevant human being.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2007, 09:03:19 PM »
I'm all out of laughs, but this is really funny.  Jag you both believe in the same conspiracies.  What else are you going to say? 

I'm about tapped out.  This is Idol and Lost night.  I might a post or two left . . . .  :)

Do you really believe readers are so stupid and so gullible as to easily accept what you infer... that I am down with any and all conspiracy theories you accredit to 240. I just stated in plain language I don't care what he believes... he's welcome to believe anything he wants, ...but when he makes a sound, logical argument based on facts, your refusal to engage in any type of defense of a contrary position you hold dear is indicative of a weak posture.

ps - Are you rooting for Sanjaya?
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2007, 09:03:48 PM »
{ROTFLMAO} I swear if Ron disabled the eyeroll smiley, Beach would have a nervous breakdown.  ;D

Darn right!   ;D  We would have trouble communicating if I didn't have the eye roll.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2007, 09:04:39 PM »
I believed there are unexplained holes in the moon landing, particularly the PSI on the suits and the radiation faced.  Plus the initial statistical chances

And above all, those fishy pictures.  I would start a thread showing how the same backdrops were used with different rock arrangements, something impossible unless they moved around large boulders for different missions.

But it doesn't matter.  Neil Armostrong could sign a confession and he'd get an eye roll.

Beach Bum, you are an irrelevant human being.

**Insert Twlight Zone Theme**

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2007, 09:07:00 PM »
Do you really believe readers are so stupid and so gullible as to easily accept what you infer... that I am down with any and all conspiracy theories you accredit to 240. I just stated in plain language I don't care what he believes... he's welcome to believe anything he wants, ...but when he makes a sound, logical argument based on facts, your refusal to engage in any type of defense of a contrary position you hold dear is indicative of a weak posture.

ps - Are you rooting for Sanjaya?

I am not talking to "readers."  I'm talking to you, oh great one, who believes Bush bribed the media (that's about equivalent of a faked moon landing in my book).  I guess I should have said "you believe in some of the same stupid conspiracies."   :)

P.S.  Sanyaja sucks!!  Booo!!!  Hiss!!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2007, 09:10:53 PM »
I am not talking to "readers."  I'm talking to you, oh great one, who believes Bush bribed the media (that's about equivalent of a faked moon landing in my book).  I guess I should have said "you believe in some of the same stupid conspiracies."   :)

Sanjaya doesn't go home tonight.  And the official 911 story is wrong.

Sorry for tonight's spoilers!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2007, 09:14:40 PM »
I am not talking to "readers."  I'm talking to you, oh great one, who believes Bush bribed the media (that's about equivalent of a faked moon landing in my book).  I guess I should have said "you believe in some of the same stupid conspiracies."   :)

If they are equivalent, then you clearly believe in the moon landing as a fake.
Either that, ...or you must not have heard about the huge media fund.
In that case, your math needs a bit more work. If I ask you to change a $5 bill, ...would I get 4 twentys in return?
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: April 04, 2007, 09:20:14 PM »
If they are equivalent, then you clearly believe in the moon landing as a fake.
Either that, ...or you must not have heard about the huge media fund.
In that case, your math needs a bit more work. If I ask you to change a $5 bill, ...would I get 4 twentys in return?

Depends on who is giving the change.   :)  No I don’t know anything about the “media fund,” but I doubt it supports your contention that Bush has bribed the media. 

Jag why is it that you (and some others) have the scoop on these nefarious conspiracies that news outlets won't touch?  You guys are like a ship floating at sea that will never reach its port.  That has gotta suck, no?  Rhetorical questions.  I'm out. 

Buenos noches.   :)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2007, 09:28:35 PM »
Depends on who is giving the change.   :)  No I don’t know anything about the “media fund,” but I doubt it supports your contention that Bush has bribed the media.

Maybe you should refrain from forming opinions about subjects you know nothing about.
Bribing the media was the sole purpose of the fund. Don't make me sit on the eyeroll smiley as well. 

Jag why is it that you (and some others) have the scoop on these nefarious conspiracies that news outlets won't touch? 

Because it is as Rosie O'Donnell stated on "The View". If you want the truth about what's going on in the world or even inside the USA, you need to step outside of it, because the media is not telling you the truth.

I don't care if you hate Rosie. She stated fact.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: April 04, 2007, 09:30:05 PM »
I think it comes down to the fact that Beach Bum believes the media is not influenced by govt.

240 and (presumably) Jag disagree.