Author Topic: McCain heckled by CNN reporter  (Read 15242 times)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
Re: McCain heckled by CNN reporter
« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2007, 05:48:18 AM »
Even 240's original question was gone, along with his quoting BB's response.

There are alot of posts missing from Getbig

someone find Sandy Berger and check his socks!!
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2007, 06:10:23 AM »
someone find Sandy Berger and check his socks!!

Beach Berger.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2007, 08:42:20 AM »
Maybe you should refrain from forming opinions about subjects you know nothing about.

I don't have a problem with forming an opinion about something that doesn't pass the common sense test (like Bush bribing the media). 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2007, 08:45:18 AM »
Who says BUSH "Bribed" the media?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2007, 08:49:12 AM »
Who says BUSH "Bribed" the media?

Jag.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2007, 08:56:43 AM »
Jag.

Oh?  So BUSH sent the MEDIA Money to shut up?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #106 on: April 05, 2007, 09:03:19 AM »
Oh?  So BUSH sent the MEDIA Money to shut up?

To print false statements, ...support his agenda, ...spread false news etc., etc., etc.,
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: April 05, 2007, 09:20:29 AM »
To print false statements, ...support his agenda, ...spread false news etc., etc., etc.,

So he pays the media money to do those things?

Any proof of this?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: April 05, 2007, 09:27:31 AM »
So he pays the media money to do those things?

Any proof of this?

Yes, ...there was tons of it. I can't believe you guys have never heard about this!  :o  :o

My mouth is hanging open so much I swear I'm gonna catch flies!  :o   :o   :o
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: April 05, 2007, 09:28:43 AM »
Yes, ...there was tons of it. I can't believe you guys have never heard about this!  :o  :o

My mouth is hanging open so much I swear I'm gonna catch flies!  :o   :o   :o

I wasn't thinking of flies.....   ;)

Well can you show me something on it?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: April 05, 2007, 09:31:21 AM »
please share more, jag.

beach bum still believe that the man who holds the title of 'President' is really in charge of everything that happens here.  in reality, much of the decision making power is held by groups, committees, and alliances which have been in place for 60 years.

Of course, if it's not in his 6th grade SOcial Studies book, it's CT talk, right Beach Dumb?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: April 05, 2007, 10:27:50 AM »

This is just crazy.   ::)  Proof?  I guess he's entitled to a refund?  The media has hardly been supporting his agenda, spreading false news, etc., etc. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #112 on: April 05, 2007, 10:40:23 AM »
This is just crazy.   ::)  Proof?  I guess he's entitled to a refund?  The media has hardly been supporting his agenda, spreading false news, etc., etc. 

Orrin Hatch was on Meet the Press last Sunday and blatantly lied about Carol Lam - claiming she had no prosecutorial experience and was Clinton's Campaign manager in SoCal.   Apparently all a complete fucking lie. 
I haven't seen the transcripts  but supposedly Rush Limbaugh picked it up and ran with it this week.   This the basic MO - start a lie - pass it around for awhile and even if it's later retracted people still mostly remember the lie and not the retraction

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rachel-maddow/an-open-letter-to-senator_b_45024.html

http://www.lies.com/wp/2007/04/05/orrin-hatch-rush-limbaugh-lie-about-carol-lam/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: April 05, 2007, 10:42:43 AM »
Orrin Hatch was on Meet the Press last Sunday and blatantly lied about Carol Lam - claiming she had no prosecutorial experience and was Clinton's Campaign manager in SoCal.   Apparently all a complete fucking lie. 
I haven't seen the transcripts  but supposedly Rush Limbaugh picked it up and ran with it this week.   This the basic MO - start a lie - pass it around for awhile and even if it's later retracted people still mostly remember the lie and not the retraction

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rachel-maddow/an-open-letter-to-senator_b_45024.html

http://www.lies.com/wp/2007/04/05/orrin-hatch-rush-limbaugh-lie-about-carol-lam/

How does this support Jag's claim that Bush has bribed the media? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: April 05, 2007, 10:45:13 AM »
Orrin Hatch was on Meet the Press last Sunday and blatantly lied about Carol Lam - claiming she had no prosecutorial experience and was Clinton's Campaign manager in SoCal.   Apparently all a complete fucking lie. 

Orrin Hatch showed a lack of integrity and ethics.

He should be impeached by people from BOTH parties in his state.

If people stopped defending poor behavior and started holding people (of both parties) accountable for their actions, our system would improve greatly.  Instead, people defend low standards because "it's their team".

I am betting some moron here will soon defend Hatch.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2007, 10:55:40 AM »
How does this support Jag's claim that Bush has bribed the media? 

It doesn't and I don't think Bush and Co bribes anyone.  I see them more using the the stick than the carrot.  They probably threaten, extort etc...  but someone gave Hatch those talking points and either he or his staff was too stupid to check them out or they didn't care

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2007, 11:06:05 AM »
It doesn't and I don't think Bush and Co bribes anyone.  I see them more using the the stick than the carrot.  They probably threaten, extort etc...  but someone gave Hatch those talking points and either he or his staff was too stupid to check them out or they didn't care

I made the following comment:  "This is just crazy.  Proof?  I guess he's entitled to a refund?  The media has hardly been supporting his agenda, spreading false news, etc., etc."

I was talking about Jag's claim that Bush bribes the media.  In response to my comments, you mentioned Orin Hatch, a U.S. Senator, making comments about former U.S. Attorney Carol Lam.  Completely irrelevant to my comments.  If you were simply changing the subject, that is fine, but you have to be a little more clear for simple minded people like me.   :)   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #117 on: April 05, 2007, 11:32:34 AM »
I made the following comment:  "This is just crazy.  Proof?  I guess he's entitled to a refund?  The media has hardly been supporting his agenda, spreading false news, etc., etc."

I was talking about Jag's claim that Bush bribes the media.  In response to my comments, you mentioned Orin Hatch, a U.S. Senator, making comments about former U.S. Attorney Carol Lam.  Completely irrelevant to my comments.  If you were simply changing the subject, that is fine, but you have to be a little more clear for simple minded people like me.   :)   

I'm assuming you're just playing the devils advocate on this subject.  I don't support Jag's claim that Bush is bribing anyone but if she has some source it would be interesting to see.

My comments and very recent example of Hatch's blatant lie is relevent given your comment:

Here's Rupert Murdoch saying that his network was trying to "shape the agenda" and supporting the Bush policy. 
Listen to the snickers in the audience when Charlie Rose asks Rupert if there is any agenda the he wants to shape.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: April 05, 2007, 11:41:24 AM »
I'm assuming you're just playing the devils advocate on this subject.  I don't support Jag's claim that Bush is bribing anyone but if she has some source it would be interesting to see.

My comments and very recent example of Hatch's blatant lie is relevent given your comment:

Here's Rupert Murdoch saying that his network was trying to "shape the agenda" and supporting the Bush policy. 
Listen to the snickers in the audience when Charlie Rose asks Rupert if there is any agenda the he wants to shape.

This is the comment I was responding too:

Quote from: jaguarenterprises on Today at 09:03:19 AM

She was referring to the media, and so was I.  So, your first point about Hatch has nothing to do with her comments or my response.

Now, the Murdoch comments might be somewhat relevant to Jag's claim that Bush bribes the media, but I think they're actually more relevant to whether or not Fox has a conservative bias.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #119 on: April 05, 2007, 11:53:48 AM »
This is the comment I was responding too:

She was referring to the media, and so was I.  So, your first point about Hatch has nothing to do with her comments or my response.

Now, the Murdoch comments might be somewhat relevant to Jag's claim that Bush bribes the media, but I think they're actually more relevant to whether or not Fox has a conservative bias.   

Hatch's comments are an example of how the media can be used to spread lies and promote an agenda.   

Sorry if it's not Beach Bum approved as a perfect response to one aspect in one post. 

Hatch's comments are totally false yet has it been retracted?  NO

Has it been picked up by other right wing spokesholes and repeated - YES

Was anyone bribed to do this?  IMO - highly doubful but I do believe that this smear probably originated somewhere in the Bush camp and is being passed through the right wing media like a male hooker at the white house.   They know it's a complete lie and they know that if it starts with Hatch (someone with credibility) it can be picked up by others and passed around as "fact" and most of the people who hear it will never even think to question it.   Even if it's later retracted it will have served it's purpose. 

This is a direct response to your comment that "the media has hardly been supporting his agenda, spreading false news, etc., etc."

OneBigMan

« Reply #120 on: April 05, 2007, 04:47:04 PM »
The only thing that CNN stands for is being the Controlled News Network.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: April 05, 2007, 04:56:56 PM »
It appears you guys are determined to waste my time... ok fine, ...but I won't waste my money.
Not to prove something I already know.

THE STRUGGLE FOR IRAQ: INQUIRY; U.S. Urged to Stop Paying Iraqi Reporters

May 24, 2006, Wednesday
By DAVID S. CLOUD (NYT); Foreign Desk
Late Edition - Final, Section A, Page 19, Column 4, 822 words

DISPLAYING ABSTRACT - Defense Department investigation of Pentagon-funded propaganda efforts in Iraq warns that paying Iraqi journalists to produce positive stories could damage US credibility, and calls for end to such payments; review by Rear Adm Scott Van Buskirk was ordered after disclosure that Lincoln Group of Washington got tens of millions of dollars to plant articles by American soldiers in Iraqi publications

To read this archive article, upgrade to TimesSelect or purchase as a single article.

http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F60E11F63B5A0C778EDDAC0894DE404482&n=Top%2fReference%2fTimes%20Topics%2fSubjects%2fM%2fMedia
w

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: April 05, 2007, 05:04:19 PM »
Most press is Liberal and they report on what suits them, if it were the other way around (mostly conservative media) you can bet those numbers would damn near be reversed!

horse shit. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: April 05, 2007, 05:11:17 PM »
Most press is Liberal and they report on what suits them, if it were the other way around (mostly conservative media) you can bet those numbers would damn near be reversed!

From 2001 to 2003, Bush walked on water in the media.

The argument "the media is liberal" doesn't fly when they were very far-right for these 3 years.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #124 on: April 06, 2007, 09:11:04 AM »
From 2001 to 2003, Bush walked on water in the media.

The argument "the media is liberal" doesn't fly when they were very far-right for these 3 years.

Very true. Bush was untouchable by ANY media for 3 yrs.