Author Topic: SPOILER: Crocop Vs Gonzaga  (Read 23802 times)

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
Re: SPOILER: Crocop Vs Gonzaga
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2007, 10:41:37 AM »
very true, but he has destroyed former UFC champions - guys who were once thought untouchable and that is what be base it on.
Scouser on Tour

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2007, 03:55:22 PM »
After giving a credit where credit is do - to Gonzaga who really did phenomenal job on Saturday - I would like to mention that CRO COP (Mirko Filipovic) is still one of the most feared MMA fighters.

At times when everyone wanted to see Liddel - Silva match and most predicting demolition of the "Ice Man" by the "Axe Murderer" - Cro Cop completely dominated Silva - beating him with just as devastating HK as we saw last Saturday.
Same evening Mirko managed to beat Josh Barnett (for the third consecutive time) - man who defeated Mark Hunt and Antonio Nogeira on the way to finals...(and has numerous other victories over other formidable opponents...like Randy Couture...)

So, one bad day...a single loss - and some of you see Cro Cop finished?
Think again...UFC didn't signed him for - nothing...
Dana White recruited him from Pride - as THE MOST EXCITING fighter everyone wants to see...

I am convinced that "lightning would not strike twice" - as what just happened in Manchester was/is just a "freak of nature"...
No, I am not looking for excuses for Mirko...and I would not want to call his loss "an ACCIDENT" - but I am sure that combination of unfortunate circumstances caused Mirko's temporary lack of focus which (especially in the ring) could result in devastation of the worst kind.

While I don't think Mirko is finished, I don't believe this loss was a result of lightening striking. Gonzaga, a 240lb version of Vanderlei Silva,  is a terrible matchup for Mirko. If they fight again, I give Mirko about a 10% punchers/kickers chance of winning. Otherwise, the fight goes to the ground, and an overmatched Mirko gets pounded again.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2007, 04:22:54 PM »
If they fight again, I give Mirko about a 10% punchers/kickers chance of winning. Otherwise, the fight goes to the ground, and an overmatched Mirko gets pounded again.

what did you think before the fight?

the fact of the matter is mirko took him lightly

watch the owgp fights against wandy and barnet, it was clear that he came to fight that day

he didn't do anything offensively until 2 munites into the gonzaga fight

E
E

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #103 on: April 26, 2007, 06:03:31 AM »
what did you think before the fight?

the fact of the matter is mirko took him lightly

watch the owgp fights against wandy and barnet, it was clear that he came to fight that day

he didn't do anything offensively until 2 munites into the gonzaga fight

E

correcting, he did NOTHING!!! just one awfull kick and some half-ass punches...NOTHING!!!! he could AT LEAST pull a Tyson and keepin throwing his left leg in the air hoping for a 'one hit KO' it would be horrible but at least a lot more action of his part...
HE DIDNT DO ANYTHING...it was perfect for Napao...

Napao: fighting the fight of his life....prepared for the WORSE
Mirko: acting like a zombie from night of the living dead....

can you guys see the diference?
!

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: April 26, 2007, 06:23:20 AM »
correcting, he did NOTHING!!! just one awfull kick and some half-ass punches...NOTHING!!!! he could AT LEAST pull a Tyson and keepin throwing his left leg in the air hoping for a 'one hit KO' it would be horrible but at least a lot more action of his part...
HE DIDNT DO ANYTHING...it was perfect for Napao...

Napao: fighting the fight of his life....prepared for the WORSE
Mirko: acting like a zombie from night of the living dead....

can you guys see the diference?

hey, it happens.

it started going rapidly down hill after he threw the offence (kick).

mirko lacked focus somewhat, but the thing is, you lose focus in a bout you can lose big. you lose focus in a tennis match you lose a point or a set.

every great fighter has had moments like this, but unfortunately so much expectation was placed on mirko's shoulders. people seem to expect their fighters to be supermen and it just goes to show how fickle a lot of fight fans are.

i don't know what mirko will do in his future, but he has my highest respect no matter what.

if his heart is, indeed, no longer in it (he's been at it a long time) he will be true to himself and the fans. the man is a true warrior.

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #105 on: April 26, 2007, 06:34:58 AM »
hey, it happens.

it started going rapidly down hill after he threw the offence (kick).

mirko lacked focus somewhat, but the thing is, you lose focus in a bout you can lose big. you lose focus in a tennis match you lose a point or a set.

every great fighter has had moments like this, but unfortunately so much expectation was placed on mirko's shoulders. people seem to expect their fighters to be supermen and it just goes to show how fickle a lot of fight fans are.

i don't know what mirko will do in his future, but he has my highest respect no matter what.

if his heart is, indeed, no longer in it (he's been at it a long time) he will be true to himself and the fans. the man is a true warrior.

i agree with you...its just that its diferent comparing to lets say the Fedor fight...he lost fighting it...this one not. Whats the most frustating its this fact
!

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: April 26, 2007, 06:44:11 AM »
i agree with you...its just that its diferent comparing to lets say the Fedor fight...he lost fighting it...this one not. Whats the most frustating its this fact

yeah, dunno. he is, as milos pointed out, a counter puncher. maybe he just waited too long, underestimated his opponent?

hard to say, but at the end of the day: good fight by gonzaga, bad day for mirko. it happens.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2007, 07:51:39 AM »
"it happes"...I agree.  But, Mirko was slated to be one of the monsters from Pride that was going to walk into the UFC and destroy everyone before taking the belt.  Not only did he not get through his 2nd fight, but he got knocked the fuck out by a kick to the head...a dose of his own medicine. 

I'm thinking he is no better caliber than a Paul Buentello...ha ha!

jk ;D
w

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2007, 11:31:05 AM »
"it happes"...I agree.  But, Mirko was slated to be one of the monsters from Pride that was going to walk into the UFC and destroy everyone before taking the belt.  Not only did he not get through his 2nd fight, but he got knocked the fuck out by a kick to the head...a dose of his own medicine. 

I'm thinking he is no better caliber than a Paul Buentello...ha ha!

jk ;D

yes, joe king, ha ha...

just remember, mirko wasn't the one saying he was going to walk in and 'destroy everyone'.

that was the dana white hype machine and all the big tough mma 'fans' that wouldn't be caught dead going into the octagon.

do you ever wonder why mirko can't wait to get on the next plane back to his war torn country when he's done fighting ??? think about it, the guy could live like a king in japan or u.s with all the beautiful women and toys he could wish for, but he can't wait to get the fuck out like he's suffocating or something.

that's because he is, in bullshit. now he's stuck in a contract with dana white and he is only just starting to realize how stupid a move this was. there is far more bullshit/hype and he can't get out of it.

so you must excuse him for having a bad night.

when a tennis player has a bad night he may lose a game, set or the match but he walks away unscathed.

when a fighter has a bad night he gets all kinds of shit beaten out of him and cops another flogging from the 'fans'. ::)

yet the 'fans' would have a heart attack if they even thought they had to walk from the changeroom to the octagon.

tell me mindspin are you an 'mma fighter' too like guy grunde?
funny how so may mma fighters and none of them have ever had a fight ??? (including guy of course, but then he's waiting for a big pay day ::))

if a guy (no pun) said he was a really hot tennis player, but only ever practised his forehand, serve, etc but never actually played tennis everyone would laugh their boxes off at him, but for some reason it's all right for a guy who turns up to 'mma classes' mon - thurs at 5pm and call himself a kick arse mma competitor that knows everything about fighting and what this/ that competitor should have done, etc, etc.

let you in on a little secret ;) guys like mirko laugh their boxes off at you too.

jk ;D

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #109 on: April 26, 2007, 12:20:31 PM »
yes, joe king, ha ha...

just remember, mirko wasn't the one saying he was going to walk in and 'destroy everyone'.

that was the dana white hype machine and all the big tough mma 'fans' that wouldn't be caught dead going into the octagon.

do you ever wonder why mirko can't wait to get on the next plane back to his war torn country when he's done fighting ??? think about it, the guy could live like a king in japan or u.s with all the beautiful women and toys he could wish for, but he can't wait to get the fuck out like he's suffocating or something.

that's because he is, in bullshit. now he's stuck in a contract with dana white and he is only just starting to realize how stupid a move this was. there is far more bullshit/hype and he can't get out of it.

so you must excuse him for having a bad night.

when a tennis player has a bad night he may lose a game, set or the match but he walks away unscathed.

when a fighter has a bad night he gets all kinds of shit beaten out of him and cops another flogging from the 'fans'. ::)

yet the 'fans' would have a heart attack if they even thought they had to walk from the changeroom to the octagon.

tell me mindspin are you an 'mma fighter' too like guy grunde?
funny how so may mma fighters and none of them have ever had a fight ??? (including guy of course, but then he's waiting for a big pay day ::))

if a guy (no pun) said he was a really hot tennis player, but only ever practised his forehand, serve, etc but never actually played tennis everyone would laugh their boxes off at him, but for some reason it's all right for a guy who turns up to 'mma classes' mon - thurs at 5pm and call himself a kick arse mma competitor that knows everything about fighting and what this/ that competitor should have done, etc, etc.

let you in on a little secret ;) guys like mirko laugh their boxes off at you too.

jk ;D

meltdown ;D
w

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #110 on: April 26, 2007, 12:25:41 PM »
trust me he bought into his own hype

he goes to war with guys like fedor, noguira, and barnett

than gets knocked out by randleman ::)

E
E

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: April 26, 2007, 12:39:32 PM »
trust me he bought into his own hype

he goes to war with guys like fedor, noguira, and barnett

than gets knocked out by randleman ::)

E

so tell me what makes you think that mirko 'bought into his own hype'?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #112 on: April 26, 2007, 12:42:13 PM »
so tell me what makes you think that mirko 'bought into his own hype'?

the fact that everybody was telling him that he would easily win the ufc heavyweight title

E
E

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #113 on: April 26, 2007, 12:44:07 PM »
the fact that everybody was telling him that he would easily win the ufc heavyweight title

E

yes, so how does this mean that mirko 'has bought into his own hype' ??

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: April 26, 2007, 12:46:18 PM »
meltdown ;D

yeah i know

just wanted an excuse to get that off my chest. ;D

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: CroCOp Knocked out and twists his ankle 180 degrees!!!!!!
« Reply #115 on: April 26, 2007, 03:31:58 PM »
Nah, you can watch it all you want.  That's your RIGHT as a human-being. 

Boxers or boxing fans just laugh at you.  These guys would last about 10 seconds on their feet with a world class puncher and all you UFC morons know it.

I know that the UFC appeals to guys who've never had any athletic ability on their own, who've never boxed, who want to wear their tap-out gear around the gym thinking they are bad-asses, but, I assure you, REAL WORLD FIGHTERS freaking LAUGH at the UFC.  ONE good strike and any of those clowns are done with.  You all know it's true and we (boxing fans) know it's true, also. 

However, the UFC embrasses a LOT of the general public...guys who've never been a DAMN THING in their life.  These idiots who currently roll around at their gym working on technique and position are enough to make ANYONE LAUGH. 

The best fighters in the WORLD are boxing and earing $10,000,000 per pay per view.  Inferior wannabes who could not CUT IT IN BOXING are making all you UFC watchers happy.  Hell, simply minds work alike.  I can see how all you narrow-minded simpletons like the UFC.  Those out of shape clowns are doing something that you idiots feel you can connect with them during.

You all are sad individuals.  Once you get past living through your currect MMA favorite, get off your ASS and get in shape at your local gym.  You are all a damn disgrace.

Very few boxers make $10,000,000 paydays. The highest paid boxers today aren't making the money Tyson or Holyfield made in the late 80's early 90's. That tells you something. The publics interest in boxing is waning.
The House that Ruth built

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #116 on: April 26, 2007, 04:44:05 PM »
yes, so how does this mean that mirko 'has bought into his own hype' ??

the fact that he admitted to having no gameplan when going into the fight

same thing with the sanchez fight

now if he fought fedor do you really think he wouldn't have had a gameplan?

E
E

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2007, 05:41:16 AM »
the fact that he admitted to having no gameplan when going into the fight

same thing with the sanchez fight

now if he fought fedor do you really think he wouldn't have had a gameplan?

E

wtf are you talking about ???

this does not indicate in any way whatsoever that mirko 'bought into his own hype'.

just admit that you were talking out of your arse to begin with and we'll leave it there.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2007, 11:49:07 AM »
wtf are you talking about ???

this does not indicate in any way whatsoever that mirko 'bought into his own hype'.

just admit that you were talking out of your arse to begin with and we'll leave it there.

you are an idiot ::)

any smart fighter has a gameplan when THEY ARE FIGHTING SOMEBODY THEY FEEL CAN BEAT THEM

he admitted to not having a gameplan, THAT WOULD MEAN HE DIDN'T THINK HE HAD A CHANCE OF LOSING TO SOME NOBODY NAMED "GABRIEL"

for him to even talk about "gameplans" that would mean that he often fights with a GAMEPLAN

now tell me he didn't have a game plan when he fought fedor ::)

I doubt he had a gameplan when he fought minowa

why?  BECAUSE HE THOUGHT HE HAD NO CHANCE OF LOSING

no need for a gameplan when everybody including your grandma tells you that you will easily win, therefore YOU BUY INTO YOUR OWN HYPE

that should clear things up 8)

E
E

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: April 27, 2007, 08:24:40 PM »
you are an idiot ::)

any smart fighter has a gameplan when THEY ARE FIGHTING SOMEBODY THEY FEEL CAN BEAT THEM

he admitted to not having a gameplan, THAT WOULD MEAN HE DIDN'T THINK HE HAD A CHANCE OF LOSING TO SOME NOBODY NAMED "GABRIEL"

for him to even talk about "gameplans" that would mean that he often fights with a GAMEPLAN

now tell me he didn't have a game plan when he fought fedor ::)

I doubt he had a gameplan when he fought minowa

why?  BECAUSE HE THOUGHT HE HAD NO CHANCE OF LOSING

no need for a gameplan when everybody including your grandma tells you that you will easily win, therefore YOU BUY INTO YOUR OWN HYPE

that should clear things up 8)

E

keep trying then dick head because none of that indicates that mirko bought into the hype.

he is not some novice starry eyed flash in the pan that's never been hyped before. the guy is about as opposite to hype as you can get and still is.

the reason he didn't have a game plan is because the guy just couldn't focus or clear his mind because of all the bullshit going on around him. he was trying to escape the hype if anything.

the fact is, every athlete loses focus now and then, especially when they've been in the game as long as mirko. unfortunately, for a fighter the consequences can be a little more brutal, but that's what makes fighting such a great sport (challenge).

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #120 on: April 28, 2007, 12:54:17 AM »
As soon as I saw them both in the ring I had a bad feeling about it.

I noticed that Gonzaga was huge compared to Cro Cop (dare I say a beast!) and looked like he had the skill and speed to match. The look in his eyes said this is a man that knows Crop Cops style and is well prepared to avoid the infamous left roundhouse. Cro Cop was completely outmuscled and out wrestled. He was taking elbow shots that would have stopped the fight if this was Tito vs. Kenny 4. Brutal stuff. And that kick!!!! OMG. Who would have guessed? Lightning fast for a man that size. The worst ownage in a long time.
TEAM REPTILIAN

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #121 on: April 28, 2007, 05:26:36 PM »
keep trying then dick head because none of that indicates that mirko bought into the hype.

he is not some novice starry eyed flash in the pan that's never been hyped before. the guy is about as opposite to hype as you can get and still is.

the reason he didn't have a game plan is because the guy just couldn't focus or clear his mind because of all the bullshit going on around him. he was trying to escape the hype if anything.

the fact is, every athlete loses focus now and then, especially when they've been in the game as long as mirko. unfortunately, for a fighter the consequences can be a little more brutal, but that's what makes fighting such a great sport (challenge).

and where does your proof of this come from ::)

I thought I was the one talking out of my ass hahaha

i'm sure there was no "bullshit" around him when he was preparing for the fedor fight which many dubbed the super bowl of mma ::)

you just don't want to admit that I owned you fool :)

E
E

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #122 on: April 28, 2007, 10:37:36 PM »
and where does your proof of this come from ::)

I thought I was the one talking out of my ass hahaha

i'm sure there was no "bullshit" around him when he was preparing for the fedor fight which many dubbed the super bowl of mma ::)

you just don't want to admit that I owned you fool :)

E

lol, you don't know when to walk away do you?

i'll try and make this very simple for you, k.

YOU ASSERTED THAT MIRKO BOUGHT INTO THE HYPE.

I CALLED YOU ON IT.

YOU'VE BEEN BACK PEDALLING EVER SINCE.

how's that? maybe i can draw pictures for you.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2007, 08:45:34 AM »
lol, you don't know when to walk away do you?

i'll try and make this very simple for you, k.

YOU ASSERTED THAT MIRKO BOUGHT INTO THE HYPE.

I CALLED YOU ON IT.

YOU'VE BEEN BACK PEDALLING EVER SINCE.

how's that? maybe i can draw pictures for you.

backpeddeling hahahaha

I backpeddle from nothing sweetheart 8)

I asserted it BECAUSE HE DID ::)

yes please draw these pictures for me, when i was in elementary school the retards always drew cool looking pictures :D

E
E

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2007, 08:49:59 AM »
I asserted it BECAUSE HE DID

this is what i called you on.

so while we're here please tell me what actions or words mirko made that indicated that he was buying into the hype?

k, you can continue backpedalling now... ::)