Author Topic: Does Karate Work?  (Read 21143 times)

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
Re: Does Karate Work?
« Reply #125 on: June 02, 2007, 04:16:54 PM »
Actually agree with Bluto on this.  It takes longer (admittedly) for a karateka to train in a "live" manner and develop the attributes of fighting.  A lot of time is spent on self perfection of technique versus developing, timing, speed, power, body mechanics, line familiarization, killer instinct, conditioning. 

Well you can both be wrong. Just as Bluto was wrong about Rampage losing.
TEAM REPTILIAN

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2007, 12:14:14 AM »
Mad Samoan is correct on some points. I must admit I'm surprised.

Muay-Thai/Kickboxing(kickboxing as a style is really just karate without the formalities, katas, and with boxing punches.) is effective at an earlier stage than karate because it teaches you the most effective strikes and focuses on those from the beginning. Karate teaches you the same strikes, and many more, and they also put greater demand on perfection of technique.
It takes much longer to become proficient in Karate but the payoff is greater.

In today's "give it to me now" ADHD world, perhaps most people are better taking kickboxing.

^^^It seems you agree with my assertion as well. 

Actually agree with Bluto on this.  It takes longer (admittedly) for a karateka to train in a "live" manner and develop the attributes of fighting.  A lot of time is spent on self perfection of technique versus developing, timing, speed, power, body mechanics, line familiarization, killer instinct, conditioning

And I was right regarding Page, unlike Bluto. 

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #127 on: June 03, 2007, 07:47:43 AM »
Yes, Karate is a more comprehensive style. Eventually the FC Karate guys catch up and surpass kickboxers and Muay-Thai practicioners, provided they keep with it.
TEAM REPTILIAN