Author Topic: Kris Dim had a heart attack.  (Read 77776 times)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
Re: Kris Dim had a heart attack.
« Reply #100 on: June 09, 2007, 01:48:19 AM »
Hope he gets well, best wishes to Kris......

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #101 on: June 09, 2007, 01:54:45 AM »
Best wishes to him, and I wish him all the best with recovery and getting it all together in life.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #102 on: June 09, 2007, 01:56:19 AM »
Quote from: Lana Dora
I HOPE it is not true.

I rec'd a TEXT at exactly 8:07 pm last night from a caller. Said: "Kris had a massive heart attack and was having open heart surgery. PLEASE PRAY."

The number looked very familiar and I called it immediately. There was NO name on the voice mail...

I called Luke immediately to see if he had heard and of course he said to keep it on the down low, but, it is out, obviously.

I called the number again today and no answer.

As I said, I HOPE it is not true, but I don't usually get prank calls like this, so I prayed and prayed.

I think we all should pray for Kris in case it is true.

As a rationalist, it just irks me to read stuff like this.  It's no different than somebody saying they would pray to the tooth fairy.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #103 on: June 09, 2007, 01:57:38 AM »
some are religious and some are not, just respect peoples beliefs
Z

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #104 on: June 09, 2007, 02:01:12 AM »
Guys i cannot believe some of the shit i just read!!!! Kris Dim is a mate of mine!!! Kris was given a 10% chance of pulling through the operation!!! meaning he had a 90% he would die!! The odds were massively against Kris!!! Kris is still in a very serious condtion and i read some post here about....WHAT HE WAS TALKING, IDIOT SHOULD HAVE NOT TAKEN SO MUCH, WHAT WAS HE ON, DRUGS, STERIODS, GH etc, etc.....!!! There are more posts about what Kris had a attack from than there is about actual sympathy for a guy who is a great business man, great father and just great human being!! Unbeleiveable!! the respect of you guys!!! >:( MAN who cares what it was that caused it for now!!! Lets just thank god or whoever that got him through this very near death experience!!! right now it does'nt matter what it was that caused it, just the fact that a great pro bodybuilder ALMOST DIED!!!

I just cannot believe the shit on the thread!!! true or untrue it does'nt matter!! Kris is in intensive care right now and people have to hide to post about there expert opinions as how he had this heart attack. FUCK ME!! hows the timing of some of you people!!! For God sake have some heart!!!

MELTDOWN.

The idiot shouldn`t have been over-roiding.  Perhaps if you really cared for him, you would have told him to stop  thus preventing the inevitable. You didn`t.  Perhaps you and the rest of the meatheads need to do your research on all the harmful drugs you are abusing.  Might even save YOUR life one day.  Hope this helps.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #105 on: June 09, 2007, 02:04:13 AM »

I don`t respect belief without evidence. Sorry.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2007, 02:05:26 AM »

It's kind of hard to respect a belief system based on irrationality which has caused more violence and bloodshed than anything else in history.  Just because Christianity is socially accepted doesn't mean it is any less morally repugnant and socially devastating than it is.  What a horrible and dangerous system that puts faith above logic and reason.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2007, 02:14:14 AM »
i said respect the PEOPLE not the religion. you dont come to a hospital where people are praying with a hate speech on religion do you?

this isnt the time, or the place.

im outta this thread.
Z

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2007, 02:22:21 AM »
When I think about it.  Chic insists on trying to make it sound like BB is a sport.  Well here is something that shows it isn't real sport.  EVERY SPORT conducts physicals.  EVERY ONE of them.  BB doesn't do it.  Either does powerlifting.  It seems like the two activity that require the most use of roids does not perform physicals.  Odd.   If someone is taking roids and his heart is bad or liver is bad the he shouldn't be competing.  He should be banned from competing.  This way he would more than likely stop since there would be no reason to continue to take them. 

So Keith you think Golf, Chess and others are not sports?

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: June 09, 2007, 02:23:02 AM »
i said respect the PEOPLE not the religion. you dont come to a hospital where people are praying with a hate speech on religion do you?

this isnt the time, or the place.

im outta this thread.

Okay... I though I never say this but I so fucking agree with Bluto here... damn that's a first.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #110 on: June 09, 2007, 02:31:23 AM »
So Keith you think Golf, Chess and others are not sports?

I shoudl have said physical sports.  And yes I do think the PGA requires physicals.  I am pretty sure Chess and darts and some others don't.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: June 09, 2007, 02:37:36 AM »
I shoudl have said physical sports.  And yes I do think the PGA requires physicals.  I am pretty sure Chess and darts and some others don't.

i still don't follow you...maybe I'm not as smart as you (seriously lol) why is Bodybuilding not physical? Are you talking about the Competition part? Or the to get competition part?

I heard that posing is extremely physical as in tiring (but you are the last person I have to tell that)

So can you rephrase or elaborate your previous post please?

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #112 on: June 09, 2007, 02:38:38 AM »
Actually Don Youngblood went through angioplasty and was still planning on competing again.  Not to mention  he was diabetic and had a sleep apnea.  Flex Wheeler, Tom Prince, and Don Long all came back after kidney ailments, so never say never.

nahuh my friend,,

heart attack/failure at early to mid 30s is death written in stone if you come back to bodybuilding,,the fact that a young strong man at mid 30s get heart attack by itself is a big red light,,,no one can return from this and a life change should and will be made inorder to survive the rest of his life,,which i hope will be long and good since the guy is a good person that has family who loves him,,

but to compare this with thomas or long is to compare apples and oranges although! both stopped competetive bodybuilding and thomas look like walking dead man and i doubt will get to age 70 but maybe who knows,,

long is a diff story and naturally a freak unlike dim or thomas prince,,but even he,,his health was going down fast and today he is a shadow of what he was in 1997,,he will never be able to get  even within 60% to what he was in the mid to end 90s which was absoulutrly top 5 bodybuilders in the world when it comes to sheer muscle mass

never the less,, i wish kim all the  best and hope he  pulls out of it and he lives rich life and get to be 120
fallen angel

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #113 on: June 09, 2007, 03:04:55 AM »
i still don't follow you...maybe I'm not as smart as you (seriously lol) why is Bodybuilding not physical? Are you talking about the Competition part? Or the to get competition part?

I heard that posing is extremely physical as in tiring (but you are the last person I have to tell that)

So can you rephrase or elaborate your previous post please?

Dude whats up?  Do you read what I put.  Here it is in slower english.  Most     if     not     all    real      sports     have    their    athletes   take   and    pass physicals.  BB is extemely physical.  So why don't they have to take a physical.  Training is the physical part.  And yes posing is physical.  So with that, they should take physicals to see if they are healthy enough to compete.  Okay, that is about as slow as I can go so you can understand.  I hope it helps you understand.

pinchharmonic

• Getbig II
« Reply #114 on: June 09, 2007, 03:15:50 AM »
Also, this minimizes the gene pool prematurely which is good.  

kris already has kids. most ppl have kids before they are in their mid 30s genius.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #115 on: June 09, 2007, 03:35:00 AM »

Exactly.

A problem with a heart valve, which is life threatening in itself, could in theory cause a clot which produces a stroke, but neither condition is a "heart attack".

GB is correct, the stroke probably resulted during the heart valve surgery. This is a very common surgical complication.

For lay people........a stroke is not unlike a Heart Attack, both causing tissue ischemia and cell death. Just a different anatomical area of the body.

When will these guys learn that competitive BB is F'n UNHEALTHY?

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #116 on: June 09, 2007, 05:12:58 AM »
MELTDOWN.

The idiot shouldn`t have been over-roiding.  Perhaps if you really cared for him, you would have told him to stop  thus preventing the inevitable. You didn`t.  Perhaps you and the rest of the meatheads need to do your research on all the harmful drugs you are abusing.  Might even save YOUR life one day.  Hope this helps.

YOU'RE SUCH A DICK.
nasser=piece of shit

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #117 on: June 09, 2007, 05:34:11 AM »
When will these guys learn that competitive BB is F'n UNHEALTHY?
im sure they all know the risks. some people will do anything to win..

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #118 on: June 09, 2007, 05:56:47 AM »
nahuh my friend,,

heart attack/failure at early to mid 30s is death written in stone if you come back to bodybuilding,,the fact that a young strong man at mid 30s get heart attack by itself is a big red light,,,no one can return from this and a life change should and will be made inorder to survive the rest of his life,,which i hope will be long and good since the guy is a good person that has family who loves him,,

but to compare this with thomas or long is to compare apples and oranges although! both stopped competetive bodybuilding and thomas look like walking dead man and i doubt will get to age 70 but maybe who knows,,

long is a diff story and naturally a freak unlike dim or thomas prince,,but even he,,his health was going down fast and today he is a shadow of what he was in 1997,,he will never be able to get  even within 60% to what he was in the mid to end 90s which was absoulutrly top 5 bodybuilders in the world when it comes to sheer muscle mass

never the less,, i wish kim all the  best and hope he  pulls out of it and he lives rich life and get to be 120
To me it looked like Don Long was at least 90% of his previous size the last time he was on stage. Still on a lot of juice. Very big.

And why do you say painkillers may have contributed? To me it makes more sense that hardcore stimulants were involved.

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #119 on: June 09, 2007, 06:01:28 AM »
I would crack some jokes but this is not the time

My prayer goes to Kris
I am a mini beast

The Coach

« Reply #120 on: June 09, 2007, 06:38:10 AM »
im sure they all know the risks. some people will do anything to win..

They might know the risks but it sure is sad when they put health before family.

affy

« Reply #121 on: June 09, 2007, 06:48:56 AM »
MELTDOWN.

seriously do you even have an ounce of human emotion?

Grow up, and please shut the fuck up

nukkaready

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #122 on: June 09, 2007, 07:04:13 AM »
Guys i cannot believe some of the shit i just read!!!! Kris Dim is a mate of mine!!! Kris was given a 10% chance of pulling through the operation!!! meaning he had a 90% he would die!! The odds were massively against Kris!!! Kris is still in a very serious condtion and i read some post here about....WHAT HE WAS TALKING, IDIOT SHOULD HAVE NOT TAKEN SO MUCH, WHAT WAS HE ON, DRUGS, STERIODS, GH etc, etc.....!!! There are more posts about what Kris had a attack from than there is about actual sympathy for a guy who is a great business man, great father and just great human being!! Unbeleiveable!! the respect of you guys!!! >:( MAN who cares what it was that caused it for now!!! Lets just thank god or whoever that got him through this very near death experience!!! right now it does'nt matter what it was that caused it, just the fact that a great pro bodybuilder ALMOST DIED!!!

I just cannot believe the shit on the thread!!! true or untrue it does'nt matter!! Kris is in intensive care right now and people have to hide to post about there expert opinions as how he had this heart attack. FUCK ME!! hows the timing of some of you people!!! For God sake have some heart!!!

meltdown... i suspect high estrogen levels.

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #123 on: June 09, 2007, 07:11:09 AM »
I don`t respect belief without evidence. Sorry.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #124 on: June 09, 2007, 07:12:44 AM »
If he had no symptoms or suspicion (which he probably didnt) that he's got a heart disorder (or defective aortic valve) there'd be no reason to have it fully checked out..Kris being a bodybuilder this type of abnormality would not have be picked up by a normal ECG but the other test I mentioned the "TOE", that would have found it but that's an extensive test that wouldn't be used unless there was a reason.

your right, an EKG is basically worthless. It doesn't catch any genetic or virus related defects in the heart. Nor will a tread mill stress test. They are known for high rates of false positives.  You have to either have an MIR or some invasive procedure to know for sure. It is very expensive and insurance companies will not pay for it unless you have symptoms. Only the very rich can have it done as a preventitive measure and they do.