Author Topic: Kris Dim had a heart attack.  (Read 77946 times)

BartBelgium

• Getbig II
Re: Kris Dim had a heart attack.
« Reply #125 on: June 09, 2007, 07:50:24 AM »
good luck Kris Dim

get well soon

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: June 09, 2007, 07:56:24 AM »
in all seriousness hopefully he'll recover from this fully, get well soon.

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #127 on: June 09, 2007, 07:56:48 AM »
The lord will fix Kris..

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #128 on: June 09, 2007, 07:57:48 AM »
Dude, you're a walking heart attack.....a RHR of 125?? What the hell are you doing (or not) to yourself??

Joe, I was thinking the same thing. A RHR of 125bpm over a prolonged duration is very serious.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
« Reply #129 on: June 09, 2007, 07:58:34 AM »
Dude, you're a walking heart attack.....a RHR of 125?? What the hell are you doing (or not) to yourself??

Joe, I was thinking the same thing. A RHR of 125bpm over a prolonged duration is very serious.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #130 on: June 09, 2007, 07:59:30 AM »
MELTDOWN.

The idiot shouldn`t have been over-roiding.  Perhaps if you really cared for him, you would have told him to stop  thus preventing the inevitable. You didn`t.  Perhaps you and the rest of the meatheads need to do your research on all the harmful drugs you are abusing.  Might even save YOUR life one day.  Hope this helps.

LOL NOW THIS IS TOUGH LOVE

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #131 on: June 09, 2007, 08:04:25 AM »
We have what, 40 or 50 million Americans without health insurance?

that's 1/6 the population.

many pro Bbers fall into that 1/6, especially when you remember that many don't work 9 to 5 and many engage in destructive behavior.  If you asked many pros if they'd like to get a series of checkups, or a shipment of ___, and they got bills to pay and mouths to feed, most will take the short term success and figure they'll worry about that medical stuff *next year*.

the facts of life

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #132 on: June 09, 2007, 08:08:57 AM »
I hope Kris gets well soon. He is a bodybuilder, an elite member of the Iron Brotherhood, and one of us.

Let's all say a prayer that he makes a full recovery.
BigNationRadio.com

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #133 on: June 09, 2007, 08:11:24 AM »
Guys i cannot believe some of the shit i just read!!!! Kris Dim is a mate of mine!!! Kris was given a 10% chance of pulling through the operation!!! meaning he had a 90% he would die!! The odds were massively against Kris!!! Kris is still in a very serious condtion and i read some post here about....WHAT HE WAS TALKING, IDIOT SHOULD HAVE NOT TAKEN SO MUCH, WHAT WAS HE ON, DRUGS, STERIODS, GH etc, etc.....!!! There are more posts about what Kris had a attack from than there is about actual sympathy for a guy who is a great business man, great father and just great human being!! Unbeleiveable!! the respect of you guys!!! >:( MAN who cares what it was that caused it for now!!! Lets just thank god or whoever that got him through this very near death experience!!! right now it does'nt matter what it was that caused it, just the fact that a great pro bodybuilder ALMOST DIED!!!

I just cannot believe the shit on the thread!!! true or untrue it does'nt matter!! Kris is in intensive care right now and people have to hide to post about there expert opinions as how he had this heart attack. FUCK ME!! hows the timing of some of you people!!! For God sake have some heart!!!

LUKE I myself am not good at changing my ways, but maybe you can learn from his mistakes rather than making them for yourself.

STOP overclocking your body, bring it down a level.

SEE how good you can look at 200 lbs

MODERATE your tendencies, watch out for the people around you that seek to amplify your impulse to get more powerful, and pay more attention to the folks who love you because of your personality, they are the ones who will be there when you are tired (and hopefully old) when feathered quads are a distant memory.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #134 on: June 09, 2007, 08:12:02 AM »
it is a family conditions on my dads side,my grandmothers is 130 and she is 84 and never has had any problems,my dads is 125 and he is 54 and hasn't had anything happen to him,and my sister has us all beat with 135 and nothings wrong with hers either.

i have seen several diffrent cardiologist once a month since i was 6 ,and have gotten perfect blood screens and ekg's everytime.i have never even had a blood pressure problem

bench

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
« Reply #135 on: June 09, 2007, 08:13:43 AM »
Lets face it, all competitive BBers know they potentially put their lives on the line BEFORE they start their insane drug stacking.

Reminds me of a guy putting a loaded gun to his head, pulling the trigger, and then his friends ask "how did this happen"?

I feel sorry for NO competitive BBer. They do it to themselves........period .

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #136 on: June 09, 2007, 08:27:18 AM »
This is so fucked up.... I hope Kris pulls through for a complete recovery.
I

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #137 on: June 09, 2007, 08:27:45 AM »
Lets face it, all competitive BBers know they potentially put their lives on the line BEFORE they start their insane drug stacking.

Reminds me of a guy putting a loaded gun to his head, pulling the trigger, and then his friends ask "how did this happen"?

I feel sorry for NO competitive BBer. They do it to themselves........period .
agreed,i am not saying thats what happened to kris because i wouldnt make that assumption about someone i dont know,and i have met him a few times and he was a very polite guy.but people like tom prince and flex wheeler knew what they were doing and tried to lie about it and make people feel sorry for them,those guys can go fuck themselfs

bench

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
« Reply #138 on: June 09, 2007, 09:12:51 AM »
agreed,i am not saying thats what happened to kris because i wouldnt make that assumption about someone i dont know,and i have met him a few times and he was a very polite guy.but people like tom prince and flex wheeler knew what they were doing and tried to lie about it and make people feel sorry for them,those guys can go fuck themselfs

bench

I too hopes he makes a complete recovery and stays clear  of the dysfuntional "sport" called bodybuilding.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #139 on: June 09, 2007, 09:20:43 AM »

Best wishes to Kris and his family.

Luke: It's natural that most people speculate if his illness is a result or partial result of BB drugs (which is very likely). It's one thing to show sympathy, but to avoid discussing the reality of what probably happened is stupid. This is a chatboard and not the hall in the hospital with 50 of the people closest to Kris. Even though you are upset at this point, you are basically playing with your life in the same way as most other IFBB pros are doing, and even if you want to live in a dream where BB drugs does not cause harm to the body, you have to accept that other people behave logically and rationally. Sugarcoating it might be the best thing for the people closest to him at this point, but at a respected BB board with both non religious and religious people not close to him in any way, discussing if this was a result of his own choices to use BB drugs is fine, even if every post is speculation and no post is "get well wishes", even in a thread like this.

As a matter of fact, criticizing people that are discussing reality is being an asshole when you're at a place like this, whatever your emotional state is at the moment ::)

great post

it would be a weird world if Luke came to agree with you, following your logic from beginning to end in spite of his emotions.

btw I wonder if BBing is like football, apparently team mates are shy about visiting guys in the hospital.  Makes it hard to put the blinders back on with the glaring mental image of a former hulk reduced to critical condition.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: June 09, 2007, 09:36:09 AM »
I don't know Kris...hope he pulls through fine

but...if it's gear related or from the results of gear use...I can't say I have tons of sympathy.

If it's not....then again...I hope things go well

affy

« Reply #141 on: June 09, 2007, 09:41:16 AM »

texasbubba

• Getbig II
  • Don't hate!
« Reply #142 on: June 09, 2007, 09:43:57 AM »
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Kris.  He is a good person.  God speed....

Jake_W

• Getbig III
« Reply #143 on: June 09, 2007, 10:01:07 AM »
                                          Get Well Soon

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #144 on: June 09, 2007, 10:14:26 AM »
SOrry to hear about Kris.  I met him when he came to Gold's here when I owned it in 2003 or 2004 just before the Olympia.  He went body surfing and fucked himself up on the lava rock.  Also, why doesn't the IFBB make EVERY competitor take a complete physical before the show.  Like in Boxing or even the UFC.  They have to get there shit checked out.  Note a drug test but a real physical.  I really think if the IFBB cared about their members this would be simple to do.  Chic, this something you can work on.  Since you are there to look out for their well-being, tell the IFBB to start implementing physicals before the contests.  Make sure the members you represent are healthy and can compete.  Or as bad as it might sound, your membership representation is going to be less and less each year.

How long before a contest do you think they should do these physicals???

Before they start "dieting" for the show?  OR when they arrive for the event, in which case no bodybuilder would pass as the week or so leading up to the show is the MOST unhealthy for all competitors. 

I had a buddy admitted into a hospital two weeks out from a show...freaked the doctors out, based on his enzyme levels and such, they thought he had all these terminal diseases LOL!  Bottom line, competitions are THE most unhealthy part of this "sport"
just not good enough

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #145 on: June 09, 2007, 10:28:43 AM »
I hope Dim ends up healthy

It doesn't really matter that he has to give up bodybuilding because he was just an also-ran that had far too much fondness for synthol

Below Me

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #146 on: June 09, 2007, 10:35:32 AM »
Might be nice if the parent organiztion did something with the 'dues' collected and provide an annual medical exam to all the professionals.  Oh, some other organization is trying to do that.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
« Reply #147 on: June 09, 2007, 10:57:25 AM »
Might be nice if the parent organiztion did something with the 'dues' collected and provide an annual medical exam to all the professionals.  Oh, some other organization is trying to do that.

Why is drug free BBing always out of the question? If the IFBB really wanted to be drug free, they could, which would probably attract a more mainstream audience. Even as a longtime lifter, I have great difficulty embracing the Professional "sport" of BBing.

The massive variety and amounts of Gear used today is beyond anything I could have foreseen when I began training in the 70's.

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
  • Twink, Twink, little star.
« Reply #148 on: June 09, 2007, 11:00:10 AM »
prayers with kris dim!
Addicted to the Steal

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: June 09, 2007, 11:16:16 AM »
With all due respect to the many opinions stated, there is no telling what could have caused the rupture of Dim's aortic valve.  To pinpoint it on steroids is assuming a bit too much at this point.  Could the steroids have caused his cardiac muscle to possibly grow too large to the point that his right ventricle ended up pumping out blood too forcefully, which would have then caused his aortic valve to malfunction (a'la rupture)?  Maybe, but moreover this type of accidents occur more often due to blunt trauma via automobile accidents, surgical mishaps and sometimes even congenital heart defects.  I think that before we all assume that steroids was the cause, we wait and see what actually might have caused this in Dim's particular case. 

Also, let us understand that a heart attack and a stroke are by far two very different things.  Whereas a stroke deals only with the brain and occurs when there is an obstruction of blood to the brain which then leads to a lack of tissue oxygenation, a heart attack has nothing to do with the brain and only deals with coronary arteries mainly, where due to an obstruction caused by either a thrombus (clot) or even cholesterol build up, the coronary arteries aren't able to provide the surrounding heart muscle with that much needed oxygen-rich blood, causing tissue ischemia, which is what causes the pain associated with a heart attack.  Although both deal with the lack of blood reaching the respectable organs or tissues, one has nothing to do with the other necessarily.  The only time when a heart attack can precede a stroke is when there is the case of an embolic stroke.  With an embolic stroke originating at the heart, what you have is a clot that might have caused an obstruction at the coronary arteries, which could have lead to a heart attack "MI" and once it becomes dislodged (The clot) can then travel to the brain and cause a subsequent stroke to occur by furthermore causing more obstruction of blood to certain areas of the brain.

Now, there has not been any mention of a clot in Dim's scenario, so for now, all these talks of both occuring are at most speculation.  Also, the only way that I personally see a rupture valve causing a heart attack or even stroke, is if the ruptured valve did not allow the right ventricle to pump blood out through the aorta which would have then subsequently caused pulmonary edema and then lead to left and right heart failure if untreated.  So, only the lack of a large amount of blood pumping out through the aorta is one way in which the brain could have suffered from a stroke and the heart from a myocardial infarction, but that would have taken a few hours..

Dr. Goatboy, a few thoughts if you will..

Can he suffer from post-op complications? Absolutely, they happen more often than not....

Should he forget about bodybuilding?  Yes.