Author Topic: Kris Dim had a heart attack.  (Read 76956 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: Kris Dim had a heart attack.
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2007, 11:21:08 PM »
Just about to go to the gym and reading this... it's horrible for him and I believe the many people who say he was a cool person, do I believe Steroid abuse is a factor in his heart attack/stroke...not sure since I don't know what he was taking and how much, but it's very convenient to think it is a factor.

I don't like the use of Steroids as much as TA but I do wish him of course the best and a speedy recovery.

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2007, 11:25:09 PM »
Guys i cannot believe some of the shit i just read!!!! Kris Dim is a mate of mine!!! Kris was given a 10% chance of pulling through the operation!!! meaning he had a 90% he would die!! The odds were massively against Kris!!! Kris is still in a very serious condtion and i read some post here about....WHAT HE WAS TALKING, IDIOT SHOULD HAVE NOT TAKEN SO MUCH, WHAT WAS HE ON, DRUGS, STERIODS, GH etc, etc.....!!! There are more posts about what Kris had a attack from than there is about actual sympathy for a guy who is a great business man, great father and just great human being!! Unbeleiveable!! the respect of you guys!!! >:( MAN who cares what it was that caused it for now!!! Lets just thank god or whoever that got him through this very near death experience!!! right now it does'nt matter what it was that caused it, just the fact that a great pro bodybuilder ALMOST DIED!!!

I just cannot believe the shit on the thread!!! true or untrue it does'nt matter!! Kris is in intensive care right now and people have to hide to post about there expert opinions as how he had this heart attack. FUCK ME!! hows the timing of some of you people!!! For God sake have some heart!!!

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2007, 11:25:40 PM »
I hope other people pushing their bodies hard (on drugs or not) take this as a lesson. The human body has limits. I learnt my lesson a few years ago when I snapped my arm in an arm wrestle.  :-X

you think you have problems,i have been working out since i was 10 and seriously powerlifting since i was 13.and i have had a resting heartbeat of 125 per minute since i was born,and on top of that i am in a high stress job..................... .....i am completly f**ked :'( ;D

i dont care though,you only live once.and i do not have any kids to worry about,but if i did i wouldnt have that mentality either

bench

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2007, 11:27:15 PM »
Guys i cannot believe some of the shit i just read!!!! Kris Dim is a mate of mine!!! Kris was given a 10% chance of pulling through the operation!!! meaning he had a 90% he would die!! The odds were massively against Kris!!! Kris is still in a very serious condtion and i read some post here about....WHAT HE WAS TALKING, IDIOT SHOULD HAVE NOT TAKEN SO MUCH, WHAT WAS HE ON, DRUGS, STERIODS, GH etc, etc.....!!! There are more posts about what Kris had a attack from than there is about actual sympathy for a guy who is a great business man, great father and just great human being!! Unbeleiveable!! the respect of you guys!!! >:( MAN who cares what it was that caused it for now!!! Lets just thank god or whoever that got him through this very near death experience!!! right now it does'nt matter what it was that caused it, just the fact that a great pro bodybuilder (who is just a gentleman) ALMOST DIED!!!

I just cannot believe the shit on the thread!!! true or untrue it does'nt matter!! Kris is in intensive care right now and people have to hide to post about there expert opinions as how he had this heart attack. Not saying you are wrong, but FUCK ME!! how the timing of some of you people!!! For God sake have some heart!!!

learn how to read around the Trash Luke bro...and all the best mate

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2007, 11:29:25 PM »
learn how to read around the Track Luke bro

Bro when i was typing my post your post was not up! I did just read your support post but at the time it was not there when i was reading the others!!

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2007, 11:30:57 PM »
Bro when i was typing my post your post was not up! I did just read your support post but at the time it was not there when i was reading the others!!

It's alright mate, I can imagine how you feel if he was a close friend, just log off or don't go near this thread for a while since a lot of people will use this to either piss you off or sound tough.

climber

• Getbig III
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2007, 11:31:08 PM »
you think you have problems,i have been working out since i was 10 and seriously powerlifting since i was 13.and i have had a resting heartbeat of 125 per minute since i was born,and on top of that i am in a high stress job..................... .....i am completly f**ked :'( ;D

i dont care though,you only live once.and i do not have any kids to worry about,but if i did i wouldnt have that mentality either

bench

Shit, poor bugger. I know how you must feel.. That's how I was when I used to be on the clen.  :-X
Hrmmm

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2007, 11:34:31 PM »
Shit, poor bugger. I know how you must feel.. That's how I was when I used to be on the clen.  :-X
haha whats funny is i am taking ephedra right now,and my heartbeat has actually dropped a little .i associate that to the extra cardio i have doing

bench

The Coach

« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2007, 11:35:58 PM »

bench

Dude, you're a walking heart attack.....a RHR of 125?? What the hell are you doing (or not) to yourself??

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2007, 11:36:19 PM »
haha whats funny is i am taking ephedra right now,and my heartbeat has actually dropped a little .i associate that to the extra cardio i have doing

bench

clever ;)

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2007, 11:36:56 PM »
Guys i cannot believe some of the shit i just read!!!! Kris Dim is a mate of mine!!! Kris was given a 10% chance of pulling through the operation!!! meaning he had a 90% he would die!! The odds were massively against Kris!!! Kris is still in a very serious condtion and i read some post here about....WHAT HE WAS TALKING, IDIOT SHOULD HAVE NOT TAKEN SO MUCH, WHAT WAS HE ON, DRUGS, STERIODS, GH etc, etc.....!!! There are more posts about what Kris had a attack from than there is about actual sympathy for a guy who is a great business man, great father and just great human being!! Unbeleiveable!! the respect of you guys!!! >:( MAN who cares what it was that caused it for now!!! Lets just thank god or whoever that got him through this very near death experience!!! right now it does'nt matter what it was that caused it, just the fact that a great pro bodybuilder ALMOST DIED!!!

I just cannot believe the shit on the thread!!! true or untrue it does'nt matter!! Kris is in intensive care right now and people have to hide to post about there expert opinions as how he had this heart attack. FUCK ME!! hows the timing of some of you people!!! For God sake have some heart!!!

I agree

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2007, 12:06:55 AM »
Totally agree with Luke, who cares what caused the heart attack, lets just be thankful that Kris actually beat the massive odds that were against him and actually pulled through the operation. Whether you are against steroid use or not, now is not the time to talk shit about it. Like Luke just said lets be thankful that a great pro bodybuilder didn't just die.
No doubt about it...

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2007, 12:19:58 AM »
ofcourse i know him,,but thats not the point,,
the point is that you dont come back to bodybuilding,,,not naturally not clean and not on hormones after a heart failure and open heart surgery or any work that is done on your heart,,

his faith is sealed,,unless his wish is death

bodybuilding and lifting is over for him,,but its good hes alive

Actually Don Youngblood went through angioplasty and was still planning on competing again.  Not to mention  he was diabetic and had a sleep apnea.  Flex Wheeler, Tom Prince, and Don Long all came back after kidney ailments, so never say never.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

RadOncDoc

• Getbig II
« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2007, 12:25:04 AM »

A valve rupture has nothing to do with age....  it's not a MI caused by a blocked coronary artery like standard "heart attacks" are.

Actually, this isn't correct. One of the complications that we monitor for post-MI is papillary muscle rupture, which is what people may mean when they say "valve rupture." (Papillary muscles hold cardiac valve leaflets together and can become infarcted just like other areas of the heart). It is possible that Dim had an M.I. complicated by papillary muscle rupture which led to acute valvular insufficiency. And by the way, steroids could definitely be a contributing factor here, as they are associated with hypercholesterolemia--a known risk factor for cardiac disease. If Dim has been juicing long enough, it would not be unrealistic to postulate that steroids may have contributed to his condition.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #89 on: June 09, 2007, 12:25:13 AM »
SOrry to hear about Kris.  I met him when he came to Gold's here when I owned it in 2003 or 2004 just before the Olympia.  He went body surfing and fucked himself up on the lava rock.  Also, why doesn't the IFBB make EVERY competitor take a complete physical before the show.  Like in Boxing or even the UFC.  They have to get there shit checked out.  Note a drug test but a real physical.  I really think if the IFBB cared about their members this would be simple to do.  Chic, this something you can work on.  Since you are there to look out for their well-being, tell the IFBB to start implementing physicals before the contests.  Make sure the members you represent are healthy and can compete.  Or as bad as it might sound, your membership representation is going to be less and less each year.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2007, 12:30:35 AM »
SOrry to hear about Kris.  I met him when he came to Gold's here when I owned it in 2003 or 2004 just before the Olympia.  He went body surfing and fucked himself up on the lava rock.  Also, why doesn't the IFBB make EVERY competitor take a complete physical before the show.  Like in Boxing or even the UFC.  They have to get there shit checked out.  Note a drug test but a real physical.  I really think if the IFBB cared about their members this would be simple to do.  Chic, this something you can work on.  Since you are there to look out for their well-being, tell the IFBB to start implementing physicals before the contests.  Make sure the members you represent are healthy and can compete.  Or as bad as it might sound, your membership representation is going to be less and less each year.

Or just stop them doing copious amounts of drugs.  You can't really have it both ways; by conducting a physical on the competitors, you might stop them competing, but you won't stop them abusing.
Thread Killer

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #91 on: June 09, 2007, 12:35:40 AM »
Or just stop them doing copious amounts of drugs.  You can't really have it both ways; by conducting a physical on the competitors, you might stop them competing, but you won't stop them abusing.

When I think about it.  Chic insists on trying to make it sound like BB is a sport.  Well here is something that shows it isn't real sport.  EVERY SPORT conducts physicals.  EVERY ONE of them.  BB doesn't do it.  Either does powerlifting.  It seems like the two activity that require the most use of roids does not perform physicals.  Odd.   If someone is taking roids and his heart is bad or liver is bad the he shouldn't be competing.  He should be banned from competing.  This way he would more than likely stop since there would be no reason to continue to take them. 

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #92 on: June 09, 2007, 12:40:54 AM »
Only Science can save him. Nothing else.

it is not natural for the body to be so large, so i guess these problems occur if u really want to be massed like a pro.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2007, 12:41:13 AM »
When I think about it.  Chic insists on trying to make it sound like BB is a sport.  Well here is something that shows it isn't real sport.  EVERY SPORT conducts physicals.  EVERY ONE of them.  BB doesn't do it.  Either does powerlifting.  It seems like the two activity that require the most use of roids does not perform physicals.  Odd.   If someone is taking roids and his heart is bad or liver is bad the he shouldn't be competing.  He should be banned from competing.  This way he would more than likely stop since there would be no reason to continue to take them. 

I agree with what you're proposing, but I'm not sure that this would stop the drug abuse (although it will probably help).
Thread Killer

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2007, 12:43:06 AM »
sport is meant to be healthy.

how can u promote a sport where the athletes are damaging their long term health (no one can deny this) whether thru the drugs or thru the amount of foods that have to be eaten to maintain such bodyweights.

its unfortunate.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2007, 12:43:58 AM »
I hope he gets well soon. best of luck
Z

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2007, 12:50:20 AM »

Other "sports" actually bring in money.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #97 on: June 09, 2007, 12:52:52 AM »
most sports doenst bring in money
maybe as much as 90 % of them worldwide
Z

Hendrix

• Getbig IV
  • Male Silverback Gorillas Do Not Take Drugs.
« Reply #98 on: June 09, 2007, 01:03:14 AM »
are you serious man??? of course this is drug related. take away all the steroids GH, IGf-1 and all the other exotic goodies and this heart attack would have never happened! steroids are only safe at reasonable dosages. insulin,igf-1 and some of those other peptides forget about them. very dangerous in the long run.
Could not have put it better myself my Doctor told me in 15 to 20 years i will have a massive heart attack a stroke and die if i did not pull my head in with all the drugs i was taking.
By the way i am a pipe smoking tobacco man so i will probaly have these problems in the future and drop dead anyway Fuck nicotine and dope.
BOBB SAPP KILLS

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: June 09, 2007, 01:11:00 AM »
Could not have put it better myself my Doctor told me in 15 to 20 years i will have a massive heart attack a stroke and die if i did not pull my head in with all the drugs i was taking.
By the way i am a pipe smoking tobacco man so i will probaly have these problems in the future and drop dead anyway Fuck nicotine and dope.

You were snorting lines?  Have you ever tried oxycontin?  ???
Bodybuilding Pro.com