Author Topic: Chris Benoit: Family found dead! Threads merged...  (Read 106109 times)

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
Re: Did steroids make Chris Benoit do it???
« Reply #425 on: June 26, 2007, 02:24:01 PM »
This question is this: Does "roid rage" exist or not?

If it does exist, if this is a real phenomenon, then could "roid rage" be a contributing factor in the murder? Sure.

If it doesn not exist, if "roid rage" is pure fantasy, then of course steroids did not contribute to the murders.

roid rage is an excuse....

an excuse for a mother or father who lost their son and cant come to grips with it....

an excuse for someone who cant control their own actions....

an excuse for the media to capitalize on said events....

an asshole is an asshole, steroids have nothing to do with it. roid rage is an excuse for assholes to become bigger assholes.

road rage
plane rage
roid rage
 ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
welcome tho the 20th century. everyone has an excuse for something...and there is a pill to cure everything

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
  • REAL explosive strength!
« Reply #426 on: June 26, 2007, 02:25:17 PM »
Ho-hum, just another illegal drug-bloated ('gear and rec. combo. stacked, of course!), eye-bulging. vein-poppin', 'roid-rage, brain-damaged, psycho freak running amuck in our society in the fine law-abiding BB tradition of "The Craigers", Bertil Fox, Sally McNeil, etc., etc.

Look out kiddies!  One of these 'roid-rage, drug-bloated, brain-damaged, psycho freaks might standing next to you in the grocery store, or bank, queues just waiting to go 'roid-rage beserk at the slightest provocation...otherwise, you'll be able find many of them right at home here on Getbig...as the legions upon legions of threatening, name-calling, moronic/mindless, Getbig thread posts directed at total strangers clearly bear out!!

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
Re: Chris Benoit & family found dead!
« Reply #427 on: June 26, 2007, 02:26:01 PM »
and your saying my post are lame  :D, u must be a real card at the kitchen table.  
no I said you were border line retarded with the literary skill of a 6yr old autistic child with brain damage-------

hope this helps---------------------------------

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #428 on: June 26, 2007, 02:26:38 PM »
This question is this: Does "roid rage" exist or not?

If it does exist, if this is a real phenomenon, then could "roid rage" be a contributing factor in the murder? Sure.

If it doesn not exist, if "roid rage" is pure fantasy, then of course steroids did not contribute to the murders.

This is a valid question.  Its pure conjecture to assume that roid rage is a given when steroids are taken.  Also it is unfair to assume that everyone would be equally effected in the same way by steroids.  It would be safe to say that a person is likely have some preexisting instances of mental imbalance that may be exacerbated by steroid use that result in demonstrations of violence.  Did anybody notice how short his arms where compared to the rest of his body.
A

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #429 on: June 26, 2007, 02:27:05 PM »
the text messages he sent to WWE havent been released yet

that could change my outlook...absolutely...

i read that they released him from last thursdays event because he said that his son was coughing up blood.....

im sure the plot will thicken...

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
  • Violence is not the answer. It is the question.
« Reply #430 on: June 26, 2007, 02:31:01 PM »
I think the media's immediate latching on to steriods is biased an unfair. People murder every day without steroids. (Scott Peterson, OJ, etc)

Whose to say Benoit would not have killed if he had never touched a steroid in his life?
The answer is "yes".

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
« Reply #431 on: June 26, 2007, 02:32:29 PM »
Its on CNN now..

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #432 on: June 26, 2007, 02:34:33 PM »

This is a valid question.  Its pure conjecture to assume that roid rage is a given when steroids are taken.  Also it is unfair to assume that everyone would be equally effected in the same way by steroids.  It would be safe to say that a person is likely have some preexisting instances of mental imbalance that may be exacerbated by steroid use that result in demonstrations of violence.  Did anybody notice how short his arms where compared to the rest of his body.

LOL...sounds like me which is weird because my wingspan is taller than my height.  I think long arms make an aesthetic physique.

Anyway, regarding steroids, this is more fodder to drive the prohibition of steroids.  gh15 will probably be happy since a greater black market = more sales.  :) :)
Bodybuilding Pro.com

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #433 on: June 26, 2007, 02:34:55 PM »

Whose to say Benoit would not have killed if he had never touched a steroid in his life?

the media!!! didnt you hear? steroids makes you crazy...shrinks your weener, and gives you diseases!!!!! ::)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #434 on: June 26, 2007, 02:35:42 PM »
I also read that a bible was laid next to his family.  You dont see anybody blaming the religion for this incident.  The bible is one violent piece of work.  I blame religion:)
A

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #435 on: June 26, 2007, 02:37:31 PM »
The problem is that the "he was just nuts" approach doesn't do well with a lot of the public.  The Virginia Tech massacre still has people wondering "why?", even though no good answers are in sight.  Even if steroids didn't make him do it, they are going to run up against a lot more offense now.  Scientifically, the people making the point (steroids did this) have the burden of proof.  But politically, that is almost irrelevant.  Ephedrine was legally killed this way.  With Bonds and the home run situation looming also, the public is at about 66% saying he doesn't deserve that title and he is probably the most hated man in baseball right now.  

I would expect a very big movement towards more enforcement and much stiffer penalties on roids now.  It would easily pass any congress and any president into law.  Let's keep in mind the Titus case is still on the horizon, and that was really sadistic.  You have the Bonds home run record about to come up.  Balco isn't over yet.  A close investigation of wrestling and bodybuilding are not going to help steroids' case.  The early death rates are very high in both sports, and I have no doubt that the public would have to think steroids are infuential in this.  It's just one big gathering storm.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #436 on: June 26, 2007, 02:38:43 PM »
in america we watch msnbc

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #437 on: June 26, 2007, 02:39:15 PM »
Its on CNN now..

In other news: Jesus was born in Betlehem.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #438 on: June 26, 2007, 02:40:36 PM »
I also read that a bible was laid next to his family.  You dont see anybody blaming the religion for this incident.  The bible is one violent piece of work.  I blame religion:)

It makes more sense that his irrationality stemmed from religion.  Religious people are overall more violent, irrational, and criminal than non-religious people.  But the church has a big membership ($) and will therefore never take the fall even when it is their fault.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #439 on: June 26, 2007, 02:41:14 PM »
I think steroids are to blame because I always tell my mom that if I were on steroids, I'd kill her. At that point, she usually turns off the vacuum cleaner and slams the basement door on her way upstairs.
BigNationRadio.com

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #440 on: June 26, 2007, 02:44:47 PM »
Ageed.  Why are people defending this idiot? Might as well defend OJ too.

Defend OJ about what?Oj s innocent!!  :)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #441 on: June 26, 2007, 02:46:54 PM »

all of your points made would be valid......IF they knew about the circumstances....

it does matter what the circumstances are......thats why they pulled the airing that wasnt live in other countries later that night. my point was in the 2 past posts....that the WWE....nor anyone else besides the police dept knew the details of the death. they found out that benoit, his son, and his wife were dead....THATS IT. sooooooo they did a tribute show a few hours AFTER they found out to honor him. they didnt do it to honor him as a murderer and a psycho....BECUASE THEY DIDNT KNOW! they cancelled the "live" events that night...and ran the tribute. why would they do any different???? the WWE doesnt have an investigation branch!!!! im sure they questioned the circumstances and got the same answer everyone else did at the time .." we are not able to realease any additional information at this time"

why is this so hard to grasp?

You're missing the point. The circumstances surrounding the death were suspicious far before they knew he killed his family. As I said MULTIPLE times, it's not as if he died of cancer or in a car accident.

A child, a mother and father were killed in one house, that's too shady a circumstance to put on a "Tribute Show" without finding out further facts.

The fact that you keep arguing about this is interesting.

Let's do an experiment, from now on every time a family is killed in their home let's keep a record of the cause of death. I'm willing to bet that the VAST majority of the time the cause will be murder.

But you keep fighting your fight, I'm sure McMahon is loving your support.

And on a side note it turns out he sent text messages to McMahon. As I said in an earlier post I bet McMahon knew before most everyone else that this was a murder.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #442 on: June 26, 2007, 02:49:33 PM »
I was dumbfounded when people on CNN were even suggesting steroids had anything to do with this tragedy. Given the sensationalism of the media I shouldn't have been surprised but come on! "Were steroids found near his body?" one reporter was heard to remark. As if to suggest that taking a "hit" of sustenon 250 made him trip out and kill himself . . . ludacris

affy

« Reply #443 on: June 26, 2007, 02:49:59 PM »
from pwtorch.com

"-Fox News anchor Smith then summarized the press conference and what it reconfirmed or revealed. He said he missed "one of those PPV things the WWE folks do." He added: "We have reason to believe he was a steroid user." He said steroids were present in the home. "With a doctor's prescription - you bet - but they were there." He discussed the situation with reporter Trace Gallagher regarding "roid rage." He wondered how long it can go on and how long it can last. "We're look at three separate incidents of roid rage over the course of three days," said the reporter. Dr. Steven Garner was interviewed. He said roid rage can cause such incidents. He said there are very few documented cases, but there are strange stories related to steroids. He said, "There people develop psychosis and that's a total break with reality. They don't know what they're doing. They halucinate. They don't know what they're doing. They hear voices in their heads telling them to kill people." He explained that once a user get off steroids, his testicles cannot return to producing testosterone at a normal level and depression can result - leading to suicide with teenagers. A former homicide investigator was interviewed next. He said he has been on scenes where he's seen people trip out due to steroids. "They get this unbearable strength and they seem to lose their mind," he said. "If they drink alcohol at the same time, it adds to it. It's taken about six or seven officers at scenes I've been at to hold a guy down who was flipping out from roid rage." Smith said: "Think about this guy. This guy's sitting in his house with a dead wife, then he's got a dead kid, then he's dropping Bibles all over the place. Then he's killing himself. You can't even process that." The doctor said steroids mixed with other prescription drugs make it much worse. They went on to note that "60 wrestlers" have died under the age of 45. "It's astounding. Astroniomically astounding. Nobody really focuses on it because wrestling is kind of a circus, an athletic soap opera. We don't really care about the players, apparently, because this is a continual cycle or drugs, road shows, alcohol, and they're travelling 250 days a year. The more wild your show is, the more money you make. That in the end turns out to haunt you. The doctor said typically wrestlers take more steroids than their should. Reporter Trace Gallagher and Shep Smith agreed that WWE is "under the fence." They brought up the HBO Real Sports interview where Vince McMahon got mad at the subject being brought up. "I know it's entertainment and it's not regulated the same way professional athletics are, but somebody is going to pay hell if this turns out the way we think it is."
"

LMAO i havn't laughed that hard in my life

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #444 on: June 26, 2007, 02:51:29 PM »
Benoit has been involved with steroids since the mid 80's when he used to sell steroids to our high school football team in 83-84, while training at the legendary Stu Hart wrestling  camp.  I don't think steroids had anything to do with it.  He - like many married people - just snapped. Domestic homicide is very common.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #445 on: June 26, 2007, 02:52:39 PM »
Probably not. But the government will use this incident as a means of distracting the public from real issues, such as the Iraq war and other more important issues. Remember the baseball steroids hearings? Well, that turned a lot of people against steroids and so will this.

On a side note, I can't believe Beniot did this.. Why fuck would someone murder an innocent 7 year old kid, let alone their own fucking son? I don't believe in hell, but I sure wish there was one for people like Beniot. I also wish he were alive so maybe an angry mob could stone his sorry ass to death.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #446 on: June 26, 2007, 02:53:20 PM »
  It is a sad story...but if this guy killed his wife and child...and I did say IF    then he is/was a piece of shit with a screw loose and good rittens.IF  he killed them then he deserves no tribute.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #447 on: June 26, 2007, 02:55:26 PM »
99.9% of steroid users never kill anyone.

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #448 on: June 26, 2007, 02:57:34 PM »
You're missing the point. The circumstances surrounding the death were suspicious far before they knew he killed his family. As I said MULTIPLE times, it's not as if he died of cancer or in a car accident.

A child, a mother and father were killed in one house, that's too shady a circumstance to put on a "Tribute Show" without finding out further facts.

The fact that you keep arguing about this is interesting.

Let's do an experiment, from now on every time a family is killed in their home let's keep a record of the cause of death. I'm willing to bet that the VAST majority of the time the cause will be murder.

But you keep fighting your fight, I'm sure McMahon is loving your support.

And on a side note it turns out he sent text messages to McMahon. As I said in an earlier post I bet McMahon knew before most everyone else that this was a murder.

yes...and i said that the text message thing will be interesting...

and i also understand that your "experiment" would prove positive ...your point

HOWEVER, what your experiment would lack is a LIVE public forumn hours after a discovery of a public figure (in the wrestling world). this is the only venue they have to the fans...not the public. you claim that the report said they were "killed". all reports i read said they were dead, not killed. semantics? perhaps....but it can twist an issue.

im not mcmahons cheerleader, merely playing devils advocate.....my buddy called me and said benoit was dead...so i turned on the wrestling show. i thought, as everyone else did.....that there was a tragedy and the 3 were DEAD...not murdered. mcmahon is a scumbag, but if you watched the show last night you would see some heartfelt stories about the man, not the murderer......

i think he knew  :P :P ::) but im bored and love to argue.....

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #449 on: June 26, 2007, 02:57:54 PM »
I told you folks you wouldn't like to hear what happenned.  I was told a few things from a few friends early on but I didn't know the full extent of his rage.  

Thats why I said the WWE rushed the tribute because they would not have been able to do it after the story broke.

Benoit was a great wrestler and I used to admire him up until this point.  What he did was disgusting and vile.  
A