Author Topic: Lifting thread  (Read 15450 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: Lifting thread
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2007, 12:43:00 PM »
that's what i said.  >:(

25 by the end of summer, 365 for a double. that's all i want.

You and me both.  >:(

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2007, 12:44:15 PM »
that's what i said.  >:(

25 by the end of summer, 365 for a double. that's all i want.

NO it's not... ;D Like the rest of us thats all you want till you do it and then it's HMMM 400 for a double and 20 reps 275 is up next. ;D

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2007, 12:48:25 PM »
You and me both.  >:(

i ain't too far i don't think. if i started off fresh i'm pretty sure i'd hit 225 for over 20. i'm in the 340-350 area for a single depending on how i feel. there's just that mental barrier when you put a 25 on each side. like going from a 305 bench to a 315 bench.

NO it's not... ;D Like the rest of us thats all you want till you do it and then it's HMMM 400 for a double and 20 reps 275 is up next. ;D

hahaha, that's just by summer. end of the year i'd love to hit 405 once and get 275x20. my best currently is 9.  :-\

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2007, 12:56:46 PM »
You can but it takes a lot of Big Macs.. ;D

I used to do the heavy/light route but for me found I was at the gym all the time and my immune system was always low and I never felt like I was recovering.

i change it up every couple of months

if i start to feel run down

i throw in some extra recovery days
T

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2007, 01:00:31 PM »
i ain't too far i don't think. if i started off fresh i'm pretty sure i'd hit 225 for over 20. i'm in the 340-350 area for a single depending on how i feel. there's just that mental barrier when you put a 25 on each side. like going from a 305 bench to a 315 bench.

hahaha, that's just by summer. end of the year i'd love to hit 405 once and get 275x20. my best currently is 9.  :-\
I am having the same issue with squats. I know I should be able to and can dance up close to my barrier but nope. I have been trying walk outs to get my mind comfortable with the idea of the weight. Half the time I swear it's all in my head.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2007, 01:05:07 PM »
I am having the same issue with squats. I know I should be able to and can dance up close to my barrier but nope. I have been trying walk outs to get my mind comfortable with the idea of the weight. Half the time I swear it's all in my head.

Stick another tampon in there and suck it up.  It's understandable though, I remember the first time I tried to squat 135, was brutal!!!!  :D

I'm the same way sometimes, I've psyched myself out before on lifts.  >:(

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2007, 01:07:34 PM »
tampon in your ass while squatting.........now that's hardcore!

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2007, 01:08:43 PM »
tampon in your ass while squatting.........now that's hardcore!

hahahaa, I was talking about his snatch but I could be wrong. I thought UKGold was the only guy who worked out with cylindrical objects stuffed up there?

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2007, 01:09:12 PM »
Stick another tampon in there and suck it up.  It's understandable though, I remember the first time I tried to squat 135, was brutal!!!!  :D

I'm the same way sometimes, I've psyched myself out before on lifts.  >:(
ASSHOLE... ;D I can get to 455 no problem but 495 is giving me issues. I should be able to do it but it's a mental block.

SS

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2007, 01:09:48 PM »
hahahaa, I was talking about his snatch but I could be wrong. I thought UKGold was the only guy who worked out with cylindrical objects stuffed up there?
just his girlfriends dick.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2007, 01:10:18 PM »
just his girlfriends dick.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

SS

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2007, 01:11:55 PM »
ASSHOLE... ;D I can get to 455 no problem but 495 is giving me issues. I should be able to do it but it's a mental block.
hahahahaha! 455 hahahahahohohohoh ok big guy ::)

J/K  ;D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2007, 01:30:08 PM »
My goal is 375 flat bench for 1 before summer's over.
My biggest problem is that I have a mental block bringing the bar down to my chest,
for some reason I always bring the bar down waaay to slow and it takes alot out of me >:(

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2007, 06:58:21 PM »
hahahahaha! 455 hahahahahohohohoh ok big guy ::)

J/K  ;D
Sadly for someone my size I should be a lot stronger...we were talking about Test supplys the other day... ;D

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2007, 07:00:24 PM »
Sadly for someone my size I should be a lot stronger...we were talking about Test supplys the other day... ;D

How much do you weigh AS? I am a big dude myself. :)
E

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2007, 07:02:43 PM »
How much do you weigh AS? I am a big dude myself. :)
As of last Sunday after the gym 297.It's been so fucking hot lately.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2007, 07:04:27 PM »
As of last Sunday after the gym 297.It's been so fucking hot lately.

Damn, did you play football at one point? I am 174 as of today and have a hard time fitting through doors :(
E

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2007, 07:10:57 PM »
Damn, did you play football at one point? I am 174 as of today and have a hard time fitting through doors :(
Funny I get that all the time in my job but no. I did not even go over 200 until I left the corp in 90 when I was 22. Used to be all cut and good looking but got tired of the life... ;D It's been a slow march up, plus it's not like I am 2% body fat either, but at 6'3 I still feel thin like. ;D I make the joke to people I started out as a Linebacker size and keep moving closer to the ball the older I get.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2007, 08:51:07 PM »
Funny I get that all the time in my job but no. I did not even go over 200 until I left the corp in 90 when I was 22. Used to be all cut and good looking but got tired of the life... ;D It's been a slow march up, plus it's not like I am 2% body fat either, but at 6'3 I still feel thin like. ;D I make the joke to people I started out as a Linebacker size and keep moving closer to the ball the older I get.

i talk with powerlifters on other boards. even when i was 270 i felt small when it was next to guys like tone barbaccio who's about 6'4" and 350 or this fucker named hat who's a legit 7' tall and over 400 pounds.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2007, 05:37:04 AM »
Lifts have been going a lot better lately but I've had to do abs more and cut back on the heineken.

As much shit as people love to talk about powerlifters being fat, having a little more fat sure makes the lifts easier and recover times better. There must be some optimum level that supports immume function and recovery.

Now.. If I cold only stop dehydrating myself every morning with an assload of coffee.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2007, 06:11:43 AM »
Lifts have been going a lot better lately but I've had to do abs more and cut back on the heineken.

As much shit as people love to talk about powerlifters being fat, having a little more fat sure makes the lifts easier and recover times better. There must be some optimum level that supports immume function and recovery.

Now.. If I cold only stop dehydrating myself every morning with an assload of coffee.
Life without caffeine is no life!!!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2007, 07:01:19 AM »
Arm's tonight.didn't have time the other day{fucken working late >:(}
Bi's first cuz I alredy did tri's on Monday.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2007, 07:22:53 AM »
Legs tonight if I don't fall asleep first. Made the mistake last night at falling asleep on the couch after dinner woke up a couple hours later then could not get back to sleep..plus they were rerunning American Psyco on cable so I got caught up with that... ;D

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2007, 07:42:13 AM »
Legs tonight if I don't fall asleep first. Made the mistake last night at falling asleep on the couch after dinner woke up a couple hours later then could not get back to sleep..plus they were rerunning American Psyco on cable so I got caught up with that... ;D

i hope you squat
T

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2007, 07:45:11 AM »
i hope you squat
Nope just lunges and abductors... ;D

I squat every (well almost every) leg workout. could be the reason for my wide hips and big butt... ;D