Author Topic: anyone tried any supplements lately that was worth buying?  (Read 16282 times)

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
Re: anyone tried any supplements lately that was worth buying?
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2007, 04:00:03 AM »
I tried this stuff called "food".  It's been around for awhile but I think it's pretty good.  You can put on a pretty solid amount of muscle when you eat a lot of it.   :D

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2007, 08:42:02 AM »
Squad...you and I have VERY similar body builds. Wife thought it was me for a sec before she noticed the screen name.

anyway..back on subject...

I've tried NO-Explode and it was great for about 3wks..then the "kick" wears down a little. Expensive as well...unless you find a kick ass deal for $30 and buy 2 like I did. I used it for about 3 wks...then hold off unless I need a "boost" to get my ass in the gym. Take 2wks off then start on the other bottle.

sandpiper

• Getbig III
  • The Next Mr. O!
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2007, 09:46:28 AM »
Squad...you and I have VERY similar body builds. Wife thought it was me for a sec before she noticed the screen name.

anyway..back on subject...

I've tried NO-Explode and it was great for about 3wks..then the "kick" wears down a little. Expensive as well...unless you find a kick ass deal for $30 and buy 2 like I did. I used it for about 3 wks...then hold off unless I need a "boost" to get my ass in the gym. Take 2wks off then start on the other bottle.

PM me and i can give you a link to a place that is the cheapest anywhere. I cycle No-Xplode and I feel the effects the entire time and my weights consistently go up. I don't have a problem sleeping after taking it either and I take it around 5:30 pm and sleep around 9:30 or so. I just keep the water intake up after I'm done at the gym and it combats that I think.
I love me some me!!!

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2007, 11:23:48 AM »
I tried this stuff called "food".  It's been around for awhile but I think it's pretty good.  You can put on a pretty solid amount of muscle when you eat a lot of it.   :D

Food is not a supplement.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2007, 11:48:02 AM »
Food is not a supplement.

no kidding... i laugh every time someone posts that... i work as a manger for a banking division... during the day i have a half hour of sit down time to eat... that's it... thankfully i can take 2 "bathroom: breaks in the day and have a shake each time... those are supplements

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2007, 12:32:57 PM »
no kidding... i laugh every time someone posts that... i work as a manger for a banking division... during the day i have a half hour of sit down time to eat... that's it... thankfully i can take 2 "bathroom: breaks in the day and have a shake each time... those are supplements

Similar situation.

I work in a law firm, so in the coffee room I "took over" a cabinet which is now full of protein powders, MRPs, brewers' yeast etc.   In the minutes it takes someone to pour their coffee and mix in a sweetener, I can down 25g of protein.  Without supplements, I would not be able to hit my nutritional targets.

Big Lee

• Getbig II
  • Roadhouse was a great movie.
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2007, 09:47:33 PM »
Liquid Aminos from AAEFX are great.  I have half a bottle to replace 3 protein meals each day, great recovery and vascularity.

Markoni

• Getbig II
  • trueprotein discount code MOU110
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2007, 01:52:08 AM »
hydrolyzed whey protein

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2007, 08:51:06 AM »
Similar situation.

I work in a law firm, so in the coffee room I "took over" a cabinet which is now full of protein powders, MRPs, brewers' yeast etc.   In the minutes it takes someone to pour their coffee and mix in a sweetener, I can down 25g of protein.  Without supplements, I would not be able to hit my nutritional targets.

When you have board meetings, conferences, and things of that nature, nobody is going to stop business for you to break out a cooler and gnaw on chicken and rice, or steak and potatoes. This is something the, what did you call them, "whole foodists cult" folks don't quite comprehend. But, while your co-workers are guzzling coffee, you can consume MyoPlex.

At least two (and on some occasions, three) of my meals are shakes taken, while I'm at work.

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2007, 04:15:19 PM »
i tried no infuse pump spray with dermatropin hgh, and without changing my diet or anthing, i gained about 4lbs pretty quickly! i'm about to try hyperdrol, mass fx, and retain.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2007, 04:51:49 PM »
When you have board meetings, conferences, and things of that nature, nobody is going to stop business for you to break out a cooler and gnaw on chicken and rice, or steak and potatoes. This is something the, what did you call them, "whole foodists cult" folks don't quite comprehend. But, while your co-workers are guzzling coffee, you can consume MyoPlex.

At least two (and on some occasions, three) of my meals are shakes taken, while I'm at work.

Exactly, let science work for you when its not otherwise practical.  (I forgot about the "whole foodist cult" quote!)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2007, 05:54:03 PM »

Exactly, let science work for you when its not otherwise practical.  (I forgot about the "whole foodist cult" quote!)

has anyone ever tried a whey protein shake latte?

i add 2 shots of cooled espresso to my morning shake... it tastes good (the shake is chocolat)!

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2007, 06:31:08 PM »

I've got no problem with people that need protein shakes caus they haven't got time to eat food.  Some people just think that the latest supplement is gonna give them outrageous gains with an "awesome pump" when they'd be much better off spending that money on food.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2007, 07:15:04 PM »
I've got no problem with people that need protein shakes caus they haven't got time to eat food.  Some people just think that the latest supplement is gonna give them outrageous gains with an "awesome pump" when they'd be much better off spending that money on food.

good point... there are a few standby supplements (whey, BCAAs, creatine in all its form, maybe beta-al) but beyond that a good diet is the key to finding your potential... my earlier gripe was just about people referring to food as a supplement.

strength

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2007, 10:05:00 PM »
AAKG powder by Higher power.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2007, 11:45:23 AM »
Torrent by Universal Nutrtion is excellent.

Just got it and started on Monday.
taste is not bad.hopefully i'll get good results.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2007, 02:00:31 PM »

i add 2 shots of cooled espresso to my morning shake... it tastes good (the shake is chocolat)!

That actually sounds like a good idea. You should market it.  :D

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2007, 02:50:18 PM »

Bro that's a freaking awesome idea...I'll have to remember that.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2007, 04:13:36 PM »

you must be one handsome bastard. ;)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2007, 06:10:07 PM »

you must be one handsome bastard. ;)

that's a new kind of stalking for you isn't it....    :-\ :-\ :-\

jdooly

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2007, 08:09:15 AM »
The best pre-workout sup IMO is plain-jane caffeine pills.  Sci-Fit sells 200 count for about 8 bucks.  30 min before your pre-w.o. meal, that way your stomach is almost empty/absorbs better,  if you're eating every 3 hours.  The caffeine kicks in, lasts about 2-3 hours.  Now grab those 30 lb. d.b.'s!!!!

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2007, 10:22:47 AM »
ON Pro-Complex makes a pretty good late-night protein supp - it's a mix of whey and egg protein, and 1 scoop gives about 27 grams of protein.  Mix it with 16 oz of milk before you go to bed - it's good stuff.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2007, 05:31:07 PM »
Bro that's a freaking awesome idea...I'll have to remember that.

yeah it's a monday morning necessity

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2007, 06:00:33 AM »
Ive been using Torrent by Universal Nutrition and I like it.
muscles seem fuller and I'm used to the taste.
a little bloat but nothing that is really bad.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2007, 08:22:32 AM »

Been doing that for a while now.  It is awesome.  I add some of the breyers fat free chocolate Ice Cream to make it creamy