Author Topic: anyone tried any supplements lately that was worth buying?  (Read 16280 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
anyone tried any supplements lately that was worth buying?
« on: August 08, 2007, 10:38:14 AM »
looking through the latest issue of md, there's 250 pages of ads

so i ask you this, anyone tried any of all those supplements being advertised and thought it made a difference, was worth the money and would be worth buying again and again?

here's a few from top of my head that i wanna know about:

deca stack,
noz,
pro complex,
cellmass,
xpano,
redline rush,
zerocarb, l
eucemine,
probolic-sr,
anabolic pump,
atro-phex,
amino vital pro,
superpump 250,
super nos pump,
leutor,
cold fusion ex,
x-force,
nanon vapor,
stone dragon,
x-dream,
lipo 6x,
professional strength creatine,
nitric oxide overdrive,
kre-alkalyn,
no shotgun,
ae2/ceo stack,
whey force,
speed shot,
tribulus shot,
nitro-tech
hardcore,
no-explode,
 nitrix,
ncg-cr,
 cyclin-gf,
 leukic,
vitargo cgl,
endorush,
horsepower,
anabolic window,
amino bolic,
e-bol, supertest,
creagen,
omax,
novedex xt,
sizeon,
n-crease,
nox surge,
adipo-x,
green bulge,
white blood,
black hole,
super hardcore,
speed with cyclicone,
aplodan,
 trac,
animal flex,
procore advance,
 anabolic xtreme,
vitrix,
liquid masterdrol,
winni-v,
high voltage,
 lipex ii,
iso flex,
waximaize,
syhtha-6,
revive,
4 ad,
halodrol liquigels,
sarm,
ver longer,
ormadrol exstreme,
antioxcene,
muscle rush,
 blood shot,
 niox,
 nitro-e8,
x-factor,
methylmass,
quickmass,
anabolic trigger,
retabol, big,
receptor,
red cell pro,
maxodrol,
finotren,
dna accelerator,
vertex,
no3 overload...

;D
Z

sandpiper

• Getbig III
  • The Next Mr. O!
Re: anyone tried any supplements lately that was worth buying?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 10:46:06 AM »
i recommend no-xplode...that's some great sh*t
I love me some me!!!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 12:19:50 PM »
ok cool, what does it do?
Z

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 12:27:39 PM »
i LOVE!!!!! preworkout drinks. thats about it though... Protein glut and waximaize
-

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 01:05:40 PM »
I have tried
Syntha-6 chocolate, it tastes great, one of the best.
NO shotgun, great pump but I have got more kick from other pre work out supplements, also my body seemed to get used to it by the end of the container.
Super pump 250 I got a weeks worth of free samples and was very impressed with it  ;)
NOVEDEX XT gave me weird dreams (you must take it at night) was OK as a T booster I have got better results from other supps, but it does sharpen you up quickly but I was not overly impressed.
LIPO-6 made me feel nauseous and gave me head aches

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 01:37:06 PM »
Torrent by Universal Nutrtion is excellent.

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 01:39:47 PM »

Yah like anyone would care about a recommendation from your fat ass  ::)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 01:40:53 PM »
Torrent™ sets a new standard for post-workout (PWO) nutrition, though often over-looked, this part of the bodybuilding equation, is the most critical aspect in the quest to foster new growth. Properly utilizing this time is vital for inducing overall muscle mass activation. Torrent’s™ formula is designed to maximize the anabolic “window of opportunity” that exists after a hard training session. After lifting, muscle protein synthesis can potentially be stimulated for hours. Simultaneously, the rate of protein degradation is also increased.

In the absence of macronutrient intake, a bodybuilder’s protein balance would remain negative. If you want to build muscle this definitely isn’t a good thing. This is where Torrent™ comes into play. It acts quickly and efficiently by supplying your muscles with a powerful cascade of precious nutrients in a matter of moments. After a hard workout your muscles are torn down, glycogen is depleted and your body enters a damaging catabolic state. For the bodybuilder, this is a state of red alert.

When consumed immediately post-training, Torrent’s™ proprietary blend of muscle mass activators rush to bring your body back into anabolic “green light” status, quickly repairing damaged muscle fibers while triggering fresh growth. First and foremost, it has protein. Torrent™ is loaded with hydrolyzed whey protein, which consists of small whey peptides that can be quickly digested and absorbed.

Torrent™ also contains a specialized Osmosulin Matrix™ of carbohydrates that allows for quick glycogen replenishment and the fastest possible absorption of muscle nourishing nutrients. This blend is packed with an optimal ratio of complex carbs from innovative waxy maize starch and maltodextrin and sugars from pharmaceutical-grade dextrose. This blend allows for a dramatic boost of anabolic insulin via simple sugars coupled with the nutrient drawing effects of “high molecular weight” carbohydrates.

The formula is then generously spiked with 18 grams of a key proprietary blend of advanced aminos and creatines… An anabolic matrix that will put your muscles in post-workout recovery overdrive. When consumed immediately after intense training this potent blend induces a powerful anabolic surge that shuttles nutrients into your starved muscle cells.

Heightened anabolism, rapid nutrient transport, insulin potentiating all delivered by means of a delicious post-workout growth cocktail. Torrent™ is an anabolic force mother nature never intended. Blow your plateaus away with Torrent™.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 01:42:13 PM »
Yah like anyone would care about a recommendation from your fat ass  ::)
it's real easy stud, post your picture next to mine.

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 01:46:30 PM »
Squad you do look pretty large in those first two pics you posted...bluto, i tried no shotgun and it worked pretty well to pump me up during my workouts and I gained about 5 pounds off of it...I also like mhp's mrps...the protein comes from like 5 sources and the carbs all come from low gi sources...they taste like complete ass, but they work well...

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 01:48:49 PM »
Squad you do look pretty large in those first two pics you posted...bluto, i tried no shotgun and it worked pretty well to pump me up during my workouts and I gained about 5 pounds off of it...I also like mhp's mrps...the protein comes from like 5 sources and the carbs all come from low gi sources...they taste like complete ass, but they work well...
thanks man, you see little chickenshits like "x pac" will never post pictures because they're skinny/fat, BTW i've NEVER claimed to be some ripped to shreds monster.

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2007, 01:54:12 PM »
In my opinion, with my metabolism, probably being very similar to yours...its too much work to get cut down...i just try to maximize certain things, so that I appear more cut than i am...One thing that i found out is that you look a lot better if you have really deep tie ins between your shoulders and bis/tris...

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 02:05:19 PM »

I also liked it, but it's pretty expensive.

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2007, 02:40:16 PM »
waximaize from ids 5lbs 23.99
-

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2007, 03:26:41 PM »
it's real easy stud, post your picture next to mine.

Hahaha Epic self owning by posting fat pics. Thanks for the laugh Dave

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2007, 05:16:17 PM »
I've tried many, and these are my faves:

Pre-workout:Gaspari's Superpump 250

Creatine:Gaspari Size-ON

Post-Workout:Universal Torrent

BCAA:Scivation's XTEND

EAA:Controlled Labs Purple Wraath

Protein:ProLab Cinnamon Oatmeal Lean Mass Matrix (as far as taste and ingredients)

Best Overall: Milo's Sarcev Snake Oil ;D
Air Falcon

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2007, 06:14:07 PM »
looking through the latest issue of md, there's 250 pages of ads

so i ask you this, anyone tried any of all those supplements being advertised and thought it made a difference, was worth the money and would be worth buying again and again?

here's a few from top of my head that i wanna know about:

redline rush,  all of the redline prducts are the best out there as far as energy goes. but for me; they barely do shit.
lipo 6x, just started taking it a few days ago; and i THINK it is a pretty good product. ask me in a week or so and ill let you know for sure.

kre-alkalyn,
  i didnt notice any difference from my regular monohydrate version. and it is alot more expensinve. thumbs down!
tribulus shot,  decent product. nothing to write home about though...gives me a little bit more energy and pump.
no-explode, this stuff is really great at first, gives you alot of energy and really big pumps. but for me it wears out after a week, ad doesnt work so much anymore..and i need two scoops. then three..and so on.
 halodrol liquigels, this product will mainly increase your apetite. youll be eating a shit load. so youll gain muscle.

d[-_-]b actin all cool

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2007, 06:30:02 AM »
As of late, I've tried two:

- IDS New Whey Protein shots: Great to take, first thing in the morning. 42 grams of whey (with a hint of casein) in a mere 3.1 ounces.

- MuscleTech naNO Vapor: Best pre-workout drink I've tried, to date. Works almost instantly (gives the hands and forehead a weird tingly feeling). Doesn't taste as good as NO-XPLODE or SuperPump, though.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2007, 07:31:07 AM »
  The Ripped System from NxLabs. Very good product.

sandpiper

• Getbig III
  • The Next Mr. O!
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2007, 07:57:34 AM »
ok cool, what does it do?

it's creatine + nitrogen. it get's you hella pumped and focused at the same time. i highly recommend it.
I love me some me!!!

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2007, 08:04:10 PM »
i got size-on in pill form,and it is working way beyond my expectations

also from juggernaut nutrition,i am taking (because they were free)

oral turinadrol
winztrol

even though i got the juggernaut supplements for free i would have gladly spent the money after knowing how well they work

bench

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2007, 10:14:45 AM »

SF,any after affects?
stuff like no-explode keeps me from sleeping at night,same with any kind of fat burners.
anything like that with it?

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2007, 11:09:50 AM »
SF,any after affects?
stuff like no-explode keeps me from sleeping at night,same with any kind of fat burners.
anything like that with it?

NO-Xplode and most fatburners contain high amounts of caffeine, which is the reason you are unable to sleep.  Torrent is a post workout cocktail that contains no caffeine, and if anything will spike your insulin enough to cause drowsiness.
Air Falcon

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2007, 05:52:56 PM »
NO-Xplode and most fatburners contain high amounts of caffeine, which is the reason you are unable to sleep.  Torrent is a post workout cocktail that contains no caffeine, and if anything will spike your insulin enough to cause drowsiness.

Thanks 8)
gonna give it a try.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2007, 08:00:06 PM »
Not saying anything one way or the other on this product ~ it could be great and work wonders  :-\ but the marketing info sounds ridiculous  ::)

Torrent™ sets a new standard for post-workout (PWO) nutrition, though often over-looked, this part of the bodybuilding equation, is the most critical aspect in the quest to foster new growth. Properly utilizing this time is vital for inducing overall muscle mass activation. Torrent’s™ formula is designed to maximize the anabolic “window of opportunity” that exists after a hard training session. After lifting, muscle protein synthesis can potentially be stimulated for hours. Simultaneously, the rate of protein degradation is also increased.

In the absence of macronutrient intake, a bodybuilder’s protein balance would remain negative. If you want to build muscle this definitely isn’t a good thing. This is where Torrent™ comes into play. It acts quickly and efficiently by supplying your muscles with a powerful cascade of precious nutrients in a matter of moments. After a hard workout your muscles are torn down, glycogen is depleted and your body enters a damaging catabolic state. For the bodybuilder, this is a state of red alert.

When consumed immediately post-training, Torrent’s™ proprietary blend of muscle mass activators rush to bring your body back into anabolic “green light” status, quickly repairing damaged muscle fibers while triggering fresh growth. First and foremost, it has protein. Torrent™ is loaded with hydrolyzed whey protein, which consists of small whey peptides that can be quickly digested and absorbed.

Torrent™ also contains a specialized Osmosulin Matrix™ of carbohydrates that allows for quick glycogen replenishment and the fastest possible absorption of muscle nourishing nutrients. This blend is packed with an optimal ratio of complex carbs from innovative waxy maize starch and maltodextrin and sugars from pharmaceutical-grade dextrose. This blend allows for a dramatic boost of anabolic insulin via simple sugars coupled with the nutrient drawing effects of “high molecular weight” carbohydrates.

The formula is then generously spiked with 18 grams of a key proprietary blend of advanced aminos and creatines… An anabolic matrix that will put your muscles in post-workout recovery overdrive. When consumed immediately after intense training this potent blend induces a powerful anabolic surge that shuttles nutrients into your starved muscle cells.

Heightened anabolism, rapid nutrient transport, insulin potentiating all delivered by means of a delicious post-workout growth cocktail. Torrent™ is an anabolic force mother nature never intended. Blow your plateaus away with Torrent™.

: