Author Topic: BACK TRAINING  (Read 54848 times)

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
Re: BACK TRAINING
« Reply #150 on: March 09, 2008, 04:28:35 PM »
oh dude im not saying that. Im just saying in person her ass looks pretty nice.

You can check out a chics ass without banging her. Damn your a horny lil' south american benz :)

pics
or
didnt
happen

;D

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #151 on: March 09, 2008, 04:28:56 PM »
Some guys are into that though Rip, they like that 10 yr old boy who plays soccer ass look :)

For me, i prefer the offseason ass.

To each his own.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: March 09, 2008, 04:30:03 PM »
pics
or
didnt
happen

;D

Ok, since i dont have any pics of me staring at rips ass as she walked by us at the expo, it didnt happen. :)

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #153 on: March 09, 2008, 04:31:26 PM »
Ok, since i dont have any pics of me staring at rips ass as she walked by us at the expo, it didnt happen. :)

haha fair enough!

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: March 09, 2008, 04:34:28 PM »
Ok since we are so off topic here.

I gotta question for everyone.

If you could only do two exercises for back. What would they be???

Mine would be weighted pullups. I dont think there is a better back exercise and corner t bar rows.

Any other input on this??

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: March 09, 2008, 04:35:57 PM »
Ok since we are so off topic here.

I gotta question for everyone.

If you could only do two exercises for back. What would they be???

Mine would be weighted pullups. I dont think there is a better back exercise and corner t bar rows.

Any other input on this??

Wide grip pull ups and barbell rows.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #156 on: March 09, 2008, 04:39:25 PM »
Assuming I could keep my deadlifts on leg day, I'd go with wide pullups and Tbar rows.

I did back today, and I did wide pullups, and I suck at them.   :P

:)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: March 09, 2008, 04:51:04 PM »
Assuming I could keep my deadlifts on leg day, I'd go with wide pullups and Tbar rows.

I did back today, and I did wide pullups, and I suck at them.   :P

You train on sundays?? Damn your such a beast. Even god rested on sundays :)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: March 09, 2008, 05:52:23 PM »
Wide grip pull ups and barbell rows.

Yes these are the 2 top basics.  T-bar would also be a good substitute for bb rows.

Do the pull ups first or you may be too fatigued to get many reps on them.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: March 10, 2008, 04:22:56 AM »
You train on sundays?? Damn your such a beast. Even god rested on sundays :)

haha I skipped Friday and Sat. because of my chest workout on Thurs.

The bench press training has made it really challenging to get the rest of my workouts in during the week...I do about two a week with the shirt training...and I get so completely fried from the chest workouts that it takes me a couple of days to recover, and then I don't want to get sore for the next one, so I end up squeezing in back and leg workouts whenever I feel like I can. 
I went ahead and did back yesterday, and now my next chest workout is coming up tonight (last one before the meet Sunday), and my back is sore!   >:(

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: April 03, 2008, 08:14:41 PM »
Thursday is back training day.  Here was the routine, since recovering from an injury I have had to alter my back and leg training cause these put the most strain on the groin area for me.  I have had to do mainly machine rows with chest supported.  Today I wanted to do some free weights.

Well I usually start my back training with a width move and it is usually wide grip pullups cause I need to be fresh to get enough reps, especially at offseason weight LOL.  Tonight i wanted to mix it up and was not gonna try and pull my fat ass up so this was the routine.  Nothing special but felt good.

BB rows barx12, 135x12, 185x10, 225x10. 225x10, 225x10-drop set to 135 here.

Pull downs 4x10-12 I think I got to 180lbs with good form.  I like to try and make sure I am feeling these.  See lots of people almost parralel with the ground when they do these and try and use a lot of weight. they seem to have very little back development.

Hammer low rows, one arm at a time 4x10-12

machine front pull downs 4x10-12

Man the BB rows really felt good and I know i will get sore from that.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: April 04, 2008, 03:50:08 AM »
Thursday is back training day.  Here was the routine, since recovering from an injury I have had to alter my back and leg training cause these put the most strain on the groin area for me.  I have had to do mainly machine rows with chest supported.  Today I wanted to do some free weights.

Well I usually start my back training with a width move and it is usually wide grip pullups cause I need to be fresh to get enough reps, especially at offseason weight LOL.  Tonight i wanted to mix it up and was not gonna try and pull my fat ass up so this was the routine.  Nothing special but felt good.

BB rows barx12, 135x12, 185x10, 225x10. 225x10, 225x10-drop set to 135 here.

Pull downs 4x10-12 I think I got to 180lbs with good form.  I like to try and make sure I am feeling these.  See lots of people almost parralel with the ground when they do these and try and use a lot of weight. they seem to have very little back development.

Hammer low rows, one arm at a time 4x10-12

machine front pull downs 4x10-12

Man the BB rows really felt good and I know i will get sore from that.

Yep.  I see that all the time too and wonder wtf?! 

Sounds good Luv...that's good weight on the BB rows, those are tough.  I know what you mean about the pullups, I'm in the same boat as you right now. 

I'm starting to change things up a bit and focusing alot more of my back work on deadlifts and rack deads.  I think the only other exercises I'll be doing for the time being are wide grip pullups/pulldowns and DB rows.   That pretty much covers it...I think those are the top three choices from everyone in this thread.   8)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: May 01, 2008, 07:06:18 AM »
I figured I'd revive this thread and give you an idea of what my back workouts are looking like these days.  A little different with the PL training lol.  This was last night's workout...it was a heavy one, but I wasn't feeling anywhere near 100%.  Nevertheless, it was "OK."

Numbers are all weird because I use a combo of kilo/pound plates.

DEADLIFTS
warmup - bar x 15, 111 x 8, 133 x 5
177 x 5
197 x 5
221 x 5
221 x 5
193 x 5
193 x 5

RACK DEADS
A little more than an inch below my knees.  These were ridiculously heavy, and I had a hard time holding on to the bar.  First set, I couldn't keep my grip well enough to do the third one.  I need chalk in my gym bag ASAP.
269 x 2
269 x 3

SUMO DEADS
163 x 3
163 x 3
163 x 3

I finished off with three sets of DB rows, 50 pounds x 8 each arm.  I could have gone heavier, but I was not up for it.

I gotta admit, I really like deadlifting.  I'm feeling stronger in my back since I started training like this, so I am really interested to see how things will shape up as I diet down.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: May 01, 2008, 05:37:54 PM »
I figured I'd revive this thread and give you an idea of what my back workouts are looking like these days.  A little different with the PL training lol.  This was last night's workout...it was a heavy one, but I wasn't feeling anywhere near 100%.  Nevertheless, it was "OK."

Numbers are all weird because I use a combo of kilo/pound plates.

DEADLIFTS
warmup - bar x 15, 111 x 8, 133 x 5
177 x 5
197 x 5
221 x 5
221 x 5
193 x 5
193 x 5

RACK DEADS
A little more than an inch below my knees.  These were ridiculously heavy, and I had a hard time holding on to the bar.  First set, I couldn't keep my grip well enough to do the third one.  I need chalk in my gym bag ASAP.
269 x 2
269 x 3

SUMO DEADS
163 x 3
163 x 3
163 x 3

I finished off with three sets of DB rows, 50 pounds x 8 each arm.  I could have gone heavier, but I was not up for it.

I gotta admit, I really like deadlifting.  I'm feeling stronger in my back since I started training like this, so I am really interested to see how things will shape up as I diet down.

Those are good!  Yes chalk is a good idea as you know, should help you a bit.  Man thats a lot of deadlifting though, thats gonna add a nice thick quality to your body.  You can tell the people who paid their dues on the big basic movements, its hard to deny the density and completeness they have built.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: May 02, 2008, 04:29:08 AM »
Those are good!  Yes chalk is a good idea as you know, should help you a bit.  Man thats a lot of deadlifting though, thats gonna add a nice thick quality to your body.  You can tell the people who paid their dues on the big basic movements, its hard to deny the density and completeness they have built.

That's what I am hoping for.  I am still doing about 4-5 good sets of wide grip pulldowns with my moderate and light DL workouts.  The one this week was a heavy one, and I opted for DB rows instead.  I'm pretty much out of gas once I finish the heavy DLs...they are hard!  And my traps were very sore yesterday.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: May 02, 2008, 09:29:09 AM »
X

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: June 13, 2008, 04:07:40 AM »
Trained back yesterday and since Im well lets say kind of still offseason right now LOL I have been avoiding pull ups.  Well yesterday said to myself lets try these again.  With plenty of fear of failing at about 3 reps I gave it a try.  Happy to say I was still able to get 4 sets of 10 reps, suprised me, maybe not as fat as I think I am..........not  ;D

Rest of the workout was,

Close grip cable rows
Flex machine front pull downs, this is a pretty good pull down machine it has no cables and is plate loaded, good feel.
Hammer low rows, one arm at a time, these to me feel very much like DB rows.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: June 13, 2008, 06:59:03 AM »
Trained back yesterday and since Im well lets say kind of still offseason right now LOL I have been avoiding pull ups.  Well yesterday said to myself lets try these again.  With plenty of fear of failing at about 3 reps I gave it a try.  Happy to say I was still able to get 4 sets of 10 reps, suprised me, maybe not as fat as I think I am..........not  ;D

Rest of the workout was,

Close grip cable rows
Flex machine front pull downs, this is a pretty good pull down machine it has no cables and is plate loaded, good feel.

I always have a hard time with pullups, especially off-season.  One thing I have learned though is that with fat comes strength.  So good for you Luv!   :D

My back workouts are going well...although I would kill for another 2 inches of width under each of  my armpits.  ::) 
I'll be changing things up again in a few weeks, so I'll post some workouts then.  For now, I'm enjoying the deadlift training.  I pulled 275 for 2 this week, so I am pretty happy with that!

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: June 13, 2008, 01:50:42 PM »

I always have a hard time with pullups, especially off-season.  One thing I have learned though is that with fat comes strength.  So good for you Luv!   :D

My back workouts are going well...although I would kill for another 2 inches of width under each of  my armpits.  ::) 
I'll be changing things up again in a few weeks, so I'll post some workouts then.  For now, I'm enjoying the deadlift training.  I pulled 275 for 2 this week, so I am pretty happy with that!

Dats pretty damn sweeeet!    Ripityupbaby!!  8)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: June 13, 2008, 11:10:31 PM »

Try Straight arm pulldowns for that mass underneath your armpits, it worked well for me. Ive just been doing them for a few weeks and ive already noticed a difference, because i had absolutely nothing under there before.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: June 14, 2008, 06:33:24 AM »
Try Straight arm pulldowns for that mass underneath your armpits, it worked well for me. Ive just been doing them for a few weeks and ive already noticed a difference, because i had absolutely nothing under there before.

Now it sounds like you are basicly describing a pullover, but on a machine?

I think that pullovers are underrated.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: June 14, 2008, 12:53:37 PM »
Now it sounds like you are basicly describing a pullover, but on a machine?

I think that pullovers are underrated.

this is what im describing :)

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/LatissimusDorsi/CBStraightArmPulldown.html

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: June 14, 2008, 12:59:35 PM »

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: June 14, 2008, 06:33:05 PM »

Will do... I used to do these all the time, I'll add them back in more after this PL meet.   

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: July 01, 2008, 12:46:31 PM »

Rest of the workout was,

Close grip cable rows

OK so I went into the gym last night to play around a little (I am still sore from the PL meet so I went pretty light), and the first thing I tried to do was wide-grip pull-ups.  Much to my amazement, I managed to get three sets of seven by myself, which isn't horrible. 
These are so hard.  But they are exactly what I need to be doing now.  I have decided to try to start my workouts with three sets of wide grip pullups about 3 times a week, regardless of whether I am training back that day or not.  It takes less than 10 minutes, and I think that doing them regularly will help me get a little more width in my back over the next couple of months.