Author Topic: PRIDE FIGHTERS  (Read 13787 times)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: PRIDE FIGHTERS
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2007, 10:54:58 AM »
I tink that BJ owns his division as long as he stays focused..

I don't know about Rampage knocking out Forrest.. The kid has a chin and I think that he would stand a chance banging it out with Quinton. Either way I think it would be a thrilling fight..

Isn't BJ in the same div. as Stevenson? If so, I disagree. I like Joe over BJ. Forrest has a chin, but he got destroyed by Jardine. I would as soon see Jardine get the shot myself.
E

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2007, 10:56:52 AM »
I like Anderson Silva. My point was that Dana keeps hyping up these guys who the majority of the fans don't know and they keep losing. Doesn't make sense to keep doing it. Bring em over quiet and let them earn their respect. Dana can not be happy that Shogun couldn't even beat Forrest last night. Long term, who knows who will have the better fighters, but I for one am getting sick of seeing these guys hyped up just to come over and fight like shit.

Actually, he's probably pretty happy. Forrest is more famous around here. Outside of the hardcore fans, no one knows Shogun. So him losing doesn't really mean anything. He was hyped, but it wasn't like when CroCop came over.

He's paying him more, but it's not going to mean much that he lost. Forrest is the TUF fan favorite, so him beating Shogun looks good for the UFC.

Anyways, I suspect Shogun to challenge for the belt next year.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2007, 10:57:54 AM »
Its all showbiz Danielson...selling the fight/fighter. ;D

I mean they did fooled the public with some of their own. Andrei and Chuck...they fought some stiffs and were hyped up to be killing machines. We discovered that the Pitbull had a chin of china..and Chuck looks GREAT against grapplers but when is faced with a decent striker he's not so good.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2007, 10:58:40 AM »
Actually, he's probably pretty happy. Forrest is more famous around here. Outside of the hardcore fans, no one knows Shogun. So him losing doesn't really mean anything. He was hyped, but it wasn't like when CroCop came over.

Yeah, Dana does like that goofy looking Forrest for some reason. Take away the Jardine fight and he would have had a title shot already.
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2007, 11:00:35 AM »
Its all showbiz Danielson...selling the fight/fighter. ;D

I mean they did fooled the public with some of their own. Andrei and Chuck...they fought some stiffs and were hyped up to be killing machines. Will discovered that the Pitbull had a chin of china..and Chuck looks GREAT against grapplers but when is faced with a decent striker he's not so good.

Arlovski ruled when the only other competition was Monson and Sylvia. Chuck is an interesting fighter, but it was obvious he was far from complete. You are right though, it's all about the hype.
E

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2007, 11:05:59 AM »
I tink that BJ owns his division as long as he stays focused..

I don't know about Rampage knocking out Forrest.. The kid has a chin and I think that he would stand a chance banging it out with Quinton. Either way I think it would be a thrilling fight..

Rampage will KO him I am sure...Forrest IS tough...he will hang in there for awhile until he finally falls.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2007, 11:40:48 AM »
There are two champs who rolled over the ufc champs already, Silva and Jackson.  I think what some fighters from pride are having a hard time with is competing off drugs.  In pride everyone was cranked to the MAX not to mention the huge lines of coke they would do before they fought take that away from a guy who was been doing it for 5 years or more and you got a problem.  I have never seen shogun fight like shit, but he couldn't even catch his breath after the first round.  In pride the first round is 10 minutes not 5 mins.  And he would go crazy throwing everything and never get tired.  Take away the drugs and if your not used to it your performance just went down the shitter.  Sorry just a fact.

bingo!
w

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2007, 01:52:46 PM »
basically the pride fans been bitching for years about how far ahead of the ufc fighters they are, but in reality the gap isnt that big, if there's a gap at all. we see so many example of pride fighters coming to the ufc now and getting their ass handed to them.

we have TUF fighters beating the pride creme de la creme.

shogun fought like a little bitch and got choked out. the pride fanboys are slitting their wrists as we speak. berzerkfury is probably on life support machine.

Z

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2007, 02:11:05 PM »
PRIDE can Rampage Jackson holds the belt in the UFC's toughest class.  ;)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2007, 02:13:46 PM »
obviously pride has some good fighters, i dont think anyone ever said otherwise. that doesnt chance the fact that pride fanboys been wrong all along and ufc kicked their ass.

shogun put on an embarrasing performance. crocop, well im not even going to go there... the list gets longer and longer.
Z

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2007, 02:19:03 PM »
obviously pride has some good fighters, i dont think anyone ever said otherwise. that doesnt chance the fact that pride fanboys been wrong all along and ufc kicked their ass.

shogun put on an embarrasing performance. crocop, well im not even going to go there... the list gets longer and longer.

Ever think it's the steroid testing? In Pride, Shogun could go the first 10 minute round at 150%. And he was gassed after 1 last night. They need to get their bodies adjusted to life without gear, HGH and amphetamines and then we'll see. Regardless, when Big Nog takes the HW belt, that will be 3 Pride fighters holding belts in the UFC. Probably grab another when the lightweights start coming over. ;D

Shogun's young. He'll bounce back. I suspect he'll get a title fight by the end of 08.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2007, 02:26:27 PM »
if steroids play such a big part it's even more embarassing, makes you wonder what the ufc fighters could do if they were on roids... if youre correct those steroids would still have benefited the pride fighters in a lot of ways during the years, enabling them to train harder, fight harder, got more endurance, buidling up their bodies, putting on more muscle etc even when clean they still live off some of the good for years to come.

must suck to have worshipped such fighters.

steroids or not, shoguns gameplan sucked and that cant be answered by steroids. his takedowns was sloppy, his punching enchance wasnt much to write home about. his actions from dominant position etc etc

and he went up against TUF boy forrest.. hardly one of the top guys of ufc.
Z

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2007, 04:00:57 PM »
You're right, if they were allowed to use gear, maybe they wouldn't be losing all their belts to Pride guys crossing over.  ;)

What are you going to say when Nog takes the HW belt and 3 of the 5 UFC belts are in Pride fighter hands? And I suspect that will be 4 of 5 eventually.

The UFC fighters are cans. Liddell held the 205 belt for years and what happens now? He's washed up beyond belief. The face and "the baddest man" in the UFC can't even get back in line for a title shot.

Oh, by the way. None of the UFC guys use roids. Nevermind the multiple positive tests every event and the fact that Sherk AND Franca both tested positive during the last title fight. Looks really good for an organization when both fighters fighting for a belt get suspended for a year for illegal substances.  ;D

The steroids comment might be wrong now that I think about it. More UFC fighters tested positive in the last event than did Pride fighters at the last Las Vegas event. Going to be a sweet year when all the UFC belts end up in Pride hands!

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2007, 04:04:32 PM »
You're right, if they were allowed to use gear, maybe they wouldn't be losing all their belts to Pride guys crossing over.  ;)

What are you going to say when Nog takes the HW belt and 3 of the 5 UFC belts are in Pride fighter hands? And I suspect that will be 4 of 5 eventually.

The UFC fighters are cans. Liddell held the 205 belt for years and what happens now? He's washed up beyond belief. The face and "the baddest man" in the UFC can't even get back in line for a title shot.

Oh, by the way. None of the UFC guys use roids. Nevermind the multiple positive tests every event and the fact that Sherk AND Franca both tested positive during the last title fight. Looks really good for an organization when both fighters fighting for a belt get suspended for a year for illegal substances.  ;D

The steroids comment might be wrong now that I think about it. More UFC fighters tested positive in the last event than did Pride fighters at the last Las Vegas event. Going to be a sweet year when all the UFC belts end up in Pride hands!

I thought we weren't going to make this forum all about Pride vs. UFC? At any rate, this forum is falling to shit. Mods fighting with each other, people threatening to leave. It's a mess.
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2007, 04:05:31 PM »
the way you talked about pride im surprised a single pride fighter lost a single fight.

thats how superior you made them up to be.

good you got a reality check even though your mind still isnt clear, you resort to excuses any change you get (crocop getting kicked in the groin, steroids, cant remember what excuse you had for gonzaga against couture but im sure you used one etc etc)

Z

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2007, 04:06:55 PM »
I thought we weren't going to make this forum all about Pride vs. UFC? At any rate, this forum is falling to shit. Mods fighting with each other, people threatening to leave. It's a mess.

Why are you bitching? You're the same guy that infests every thread with pure, unadulterated hate for Pride. Maybe if you stopped blindly hating an organization just because you don't like a fighter, it'll calm down. It was fine until you and Bluto felt the need to start spamming it with all your crap.

the way you talked about pride im surprised a single pride fighter lost a single fight.

thats how superior you made them up to be.

good you got a reality check even though your mind still isnt clear, you resort to excuses any change you get (crocop getting kicked in the groin, steroids, cant remember what excuse you had for gonzaga against couture but im sure you used one etc etc)

I don't know. I remember a couple certain UFC fighters getting wrecked when they went over to Pride for a GP event.  ;D

I couldn't even care less about this Pride vs UFC argument. But I'm going to keep bringing it up if you and Danielson feel like infecting every thread with your bullshit about it.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2007, 04:10:13 PM »
gee, a thread about pride fighters where i comment on - pride fighters.

thats a rule violation right there!  ::)

Z

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2007, 04:13:47 PM »
gee, a thread about pride fighters where i comment on - pride fighters.

thats a rule violation right there!  ::)

Who said anything about this thread? Danielson is the one bitching about while blindly continuing to bash every fighter he doesn't want to blow apparently.

Bluto, how much time did you spend crying to Ron trying to get moderator back? It's pretty clear with your 1-8 record for the weekend and lies of cage fighting for 15 years that you really have no business on this board.  ;D

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2007, 04:15:07 PM »
Why are you bitching? You're the same guy that infests every thread with pure, unadulterated hate for Pride. Maybe if you stopped blindly hating an organization just because you don't like a fighter, it'll calm down. It was fine until you and Bluto felt the need to start spamming it with all your crap.

No, it was a forum where everyone worshipped Pride fighters, now that we are seeing that Pride fighters were over rated, some people are getting pissed.
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2007, 04:15:22 PM »
Who said anything about this thread? Danielson is the one bitching about while blindly continuing to bash every fighter he doesn't want to blow apparently.

Bluto, how much time did you spend crying to Ron trying to get moderator back? It's pretty clear with your 1-8 record for the weekend and lies of cage fighting for 15 years that you really have no business on this board.  ;D

i talked to him the same night it happend and his respons was he would get back on. if you want to discuss it further use the suggestion board, dont come posting about that in every thread on here, it doesnt really do anything for the mma board and i rather not start deleting threads unless i have to
Z

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2007, 04:16:16 PM »
you guys are funny ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2007, 04:16:21 PM »

I didn't bitch about anything. Wtf are you talking about?
E

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2007, 04:19:13 PM »
I didn't bitch about anything. Wtf are you talking about?

Looks like you're bitching here.  ;)

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2007, 04:21:17 PM »
Looks like you're bitching here.  ;)

I am being proactive. This is not an alpha board, but the mods are letting it turn into one.
E

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2007, 04:22:32 PM »
I am being proactive. This is not an alpha board, but the mods are letting it turn into one.

Ironic that there wasn't one problem with it until you and Bluto decided to start spamming it. Makes one wonder who the source of the problem is.  ;)