Author Topic: PRIDE FIGHTERS  (Read 13788 times)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: PRIDE FIGHTERS
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2007, 04:24:44 PM »
Ironic that there wasn't one problem with it until you and Bluto decided to start spamming it. Makes one wonder who the source of the problem is.  ;)

Find one post where I slam another member on the MMA board. Just one. I don't do it. I talk about the fights,  I don't give a fuck if people agree with me or not and I can't help it Pride fighters can't fight in the UFC.
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2007, 04:26:44 PM »
Ironic that there wasn't one problem with it until you and Bluto decided to start spamming it. Makes one wonder who the source of the problem is.  ;)

there you go again, bringing me up. any chance you get. how am i spamming the board? by posting the quotes of dana white? by posting the whole ufc files for dl? by posting the result to cage fight 23? by posting the actual fights of cage fight 23? by editing and working with the betting thread?

how would that ever, under any circumstances, be considered spam? how can you possibly be against those kind of threads and posts? the same kind of posts by anyone but me you would never had complained about. which just goes to show youre only here to pick fights, go off-topic and troll the board.

looks like you're heading for a ban and that very quickly.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2007, 04:28:12 PM »
Find one post where I slam another member on the MMA board. Just one. I don't do it. I talk about the fights,  I don't give a fuck if people agree with me or not and I can't help it Pride fighters can't fight in the UFC.

talking about ufc vs pride is a perfectly good topic IMO.
Z

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2007, 04:29:21 PM »

And I can't help it that Pride fighters already hold 2 of the 5 UFC belts and soon to be 3. I wonder, will you still be complaining when they hold 4 of the 5, and only 4 because they didn't waste their time with the last weight class?

I've never really seen you talk about one fight. Every single posts of yours just talks about how Pride sucks. I don't think you mentioned once that Griffin was in the best shape of his life and had an amazing game plan. But go on, your bitching is pretty funny.

It's cute that you and Bluto are turning this into another Sherdog, though.

The ban thing is cute though. Chute told me to keep doing what I'm doing big guy. He's got no problem with it, and last I checked, he's been moderator longer than 24 hours. Hope this helps.  ;)

There is no more Pride. Happy to update you on the happenings of the last 6 months and all.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2007, 04:30:02 PM »

I just don't see the point of launching personal attacks while doing so. I honestly don't care that some people like Pride better. It has absolutely zero effect on me. I wonder why people get so upset about it.
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2007, 04:31:36 PM »
And I can't help it that Pride fighters already hold 2 of the 5 UFC belts and soon to be 3. I wonder, will you still be complaining when they hold 4 of the 5, and only 4 because they didn't waste their time with the last weight class?

I've never really seen you talk about one fight. Every single posts of yours just talks about how Pride sucks. I don't think you mentioned once that Griffin was in the best shape of his life and had an amazing game plan. But go on, your bitching is pretty funny.

It's cute that you and Bluto are turning this into another Sherdog, though.

The ban thing is cute though. Chute told me to keep doing what I'm doing big guy. He's got no problem with it, and last I checked, he's been moderator longer than 24 hours. Hope this helps.  ;)

There is no more Pride. Happy to update you on the happenings of the last 6 months and all.

I can't comment on Forrests condition. I haven't seen the fight yet!
E

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2007, 04:33:32 PM »
I just don't see the point of launching personal attacks while doing so. I honestly don't care that some people like Pride better. It has absolutely zero effect on me. I wonder why people get so upset about it.

It has nothing to do with UFC or Pride. You and Bluto don't discuss fights. You come in, interrupt the thread with your organization bashing, and never once mention the fight. No talk of technique, no submission attempts, or how he broke guard well. Do something besides bitch about which organization is better and it might fix the problem.

And by the way, I'm not the only one complaining about Bluto's bullshit. There were quite a few.

I can't comment on Forrests condition. I haven't seen the fight yet!

Then what the fuck are you doing on here bashing everything Pride? This is just like Sherdog all over again. Do yourself a favor and try watching something before bashing the shit out of it.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2007, 04:34:55 PM »

Then what the fuck are you doing on here bashing everything Pride? This is just like Sherdog all over again. Do yourself a favor and try watching something before bashing the shit out of it.

Most of my threads were about predictions and I didn't bash one single person. I am watching the fights now.
E

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2007, 04:36:18 PM »
still entertaining fellas!! thnx!! :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2007, 04:37:50 PM »
Most of my threads were about predictions and I didn't bash one single person. I am watching the fights now.

Well, if you had actually seen the fight you'll see that Shogun fought NOTHING like the Shogun of Pride and that Forrest fought the fight of his life and was in arguably the best shape he's ever been in. Shogun had no problems in Pride going the first 10 minute round, yet he was gassed after one round last night. Ironically, that has nothing to do with Pride but you and your big mouth keep on trying to play it off as it playing a factor.

The most ironic part is that you haven't even watched the fights. Oh brother.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2007, 04:39:42 PM »
There you have it fellas... if a ufc fighter lose, well it's because he's a ufc fighter. and if a pride figher lose, well it's just because he's "nothing like his old self in pride..."

::)

great analysis.
Z

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2007, 04:40:41 PM »
Well, if you had actually seen the fight you'll see that Shogun fought NOTHING like the Shogun of Pride and that Forrest fought the fight of his life and was in arguably the best shape he's ever been in. Shogun had no problems in Pride going the first 10 minute round, yet he was gassed after one round last night. Ironically, that has nothing to do with Pride but you and your big mouth keep on trying to play it off as it playing a factor.

The most ironic part is that you haven't even watched the fights. Oh brother.

I had plans last night. Couldn't watch it. I am watching the Forrest fight now. Shogun does look like shit. Couture picked Forrest to win, he would kill us in our pick em contest.
E

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2007, 04:43:32 PM »
There you have it fellas... if a ufc fighter lose, well it's because he's a ufc fighter. and if a pride figher lose, well it's just because he's "nothing like his old self in pride..."

::)

great analysis.

How so? If I see a UFC fighter come in out of shape and gassing after one round, I acknowledge it. I don't bash the UFC because he fought poorly for them. I blame the fighter himself for not stepping up to the challenge.

It just amazes me that this board has degenerated into another Sherdog with a week of you getting moderator Bluto.

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2007, 05:33:41 PM »
Well fellas, there was no drug testing in Japan. That is the problem with the pride fighters and their transition to the UFC. Here in America, the drug testing is enforced.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2007, 05:37:48 PM »
Well fellas, there was no drug testing in Japan. That is the problem with the pride fighters and their transition to the UFC. Here in America, the drug testing is enforced.
:o say it ain't so Mark, say it ain't so...........

not supposed to bring up the drug part of their game, that is taboo or something, but I do think it has played a major factor in the difference between some of these guys fights in PRIDE and how they are doing in UFC. ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2007, 05:38:16 PM »

"pride fighters are superior!"

ALL DRUGS!
Z

Wanocki

• Getbig II
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2007, 08:38:06 PM »
It has to be the drugs.  I don't know if it's my imagination but cro cop and nakamura looked smaller than they did in pride.  Shogun gassed after 4 minutes when he was aggressive nonstop in pride.  Regardless the entire mma world has been turned upside down since 2007 began.  Seems like all the guys that are supposed to win are losing.  That includes both ufc and pride fighters.  2007 is the year of the underdog.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2007, 11:08:27 PM »
In the instance of Chute Boxe fighters.  A lot of them use stomps religously.  Cyborg, Shogun, Ninja and Wandy all used stomps effectively in Pride.  They also used the ring ropes effectively.  Wandy grabbing the ring ropes to stomp on people's heads is a devatating technique.  Then off course you have AC regulation.  To think that gear wasn't rampant in DSE run shows is like thinking that karate is the best standup art, just plain silly. 

Nog will do quiet well in the UFC, as will Fedor, when he eventually signs.  I'd love to see Soko.  I hope he does well in Hero's and makes the transition.  Dennis Kang is another fighter I'd love to see. 

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2007, 02:10:14 AM »
It has to be the drugs.  I don't know if it's my imagination but cro cop and nakamura looked smaller than they did in pride.  Shogun gassed after 4 minutes when he was aggressive nonstop in pride.  Regardless the entire mma world has been turned upside down since 2007 began.  Seems like all the guys that are supposed to win are losing.  That includes both ufc and pride fighters.  2007 is the year of the underdog.

Indeed, upsets have come to be something to expect, every other show it seems.
Z

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2007, 04:24:14 AM »

Nog will do quiet well in the UFC, as will Fedor, when he eventually signs.  I'd love to see Soko.  I hope he does well in Hero's and makes the transition.  Dennis Kang is another fighter I'd love to see. 

Dana thinks Fedor will sign in December. Obviously it would be cool to see him fight in the UFC, but other than Randy are there any HW's you think would even give him a good fight? Seems like the UFC is stacked everywhere but at heavy to me.
E

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2007, 10:32:03 AM »
Well, it's good to see Rampage being successful in the UFC.

Was a pity the audience booed him in his first fight though.
Q

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2007, 10:33:34 AM »
Well, it's good to see Rampage being successful in the UFC.

Was a pity the audience booed him in his first fight though.

Those redneck queers boo anything that isn't Chuck Liddell or a fighter that was on the TUF.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2007, 10:43:34 AM »
Dana thinks Fedor will sign in December. Obviously it would be cool to see him fight in the UFC, but other than Randy are there any HW's you think would even give him a good fight? Seems like the UFC is stacked everywhere but at heavy to me.

He'll be lucky to get past cans like Sylvia and Buentello...
w

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2007, 10:47:03 AM »
after saturday night, seeing fedor slip into mediocrity in the UFC is'nt that much of a stretch....

it's becoming a trend

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2007, 10:50:32 AM »
after saturday night, seeing fedor slip into mediocrity in the UFC is'nt that much of a stretch....

it's becoming a trend

hahahahahah! The 205 division is a little different than the HW. Outside of Randy and Big Nog, that division is an absolutely sham. I can't think of one person that has more than a puncher's chance of beating him. Nog is the only person I think that legitimately stands a chance of beating him, but that wouldn't be unheard of as they've had two legendary brawls.

Ol' Chucky needs to put down the cane is what his problem is. He's gotten complacent in his old age. I wouldn't even put him near the top 5 right now.