Author Topic: PRIDE FIGHTERS  (Read 13790 times)

Lifter4Life

• Getbig III
  • I RUN THIS PLACE,GET USED TO IT!!
PRIDE FIGHTERS
« on: September 22, 2007, 10:18:57 PM »
Better think b4 jumping into the UFC. They seem to be having a Rough transition, ya know..

20inch calves

• Getbig V
Re: PRIDE FIGHTERS
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 10:59:44 PM »
like i said in my post. there is no way these guys from pride should be losing by what is suppose to be there strengths

ex. cro cop head kick
     shogun  rear naked choke

seems strange to me
irongearco.com

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 08:41:19 AM »
They're slackers. They come in thinking they're the stuff and don't want to put the effort or the gameplans in to win.

Regardless, Rampage was a Pride fighter for years and I'm pretty sure he systematically dismantled the FACE of the UFC.  ;)

And all Pride and UFC fans regarded Shogun as #1 in the world, not just the Pride fanboys. He'll bounce back regardless. But hey, let's bring the UFC vs Pride thing to Getbig now. Nobody gets enough of it on Sherdog.  ::)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 08:53:36 AM »
They're slackers. They come in thinking they're the stuff and don't want to put the effort or the gameplans in to win.

Regardless, Rampage was a Pride fighter for years and I'm pretty sure he systematically dismantled the FACE of the UFC.  ;)

And all Pride and UFC fans regarded Shogun as #1 in the world, not just the Pride fanboys. He'll bounce back regardless. But hey, let's bring the UFC vs Pride thing to Getbig now. Nobody gets enough of it on Sherdog.  ::)
Tear down all your PRIDE posters yet, Nicky?  :D
!

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 08:55:56 AM »
Tear down all your PRIDE posters yet, Nicky?  :D

Do you like how my ball sweat tastes? Why would I tear them down? Rampage is a Pride vet and he single handedly annihilated the face of the UFC for the last 4 years. 

I got over the Pride vs UFC argument months ago, you know when the UFC bought Pride and they became one organization? Ahh, what would I expect a 110 pound twink TUF fanboy to know.  :o

But go on, I'll bet you're the only person on the planet that had Griffin over Shogun.  ::)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 09:36:33 AM »
Do you like how my ball sweat tastes? Why would I tear them down? Rampage is a Pride vet and he single handedly annihilated the face of the UFC for the last 4 years. 

I think Henderson is over rated tbh. I liken Liddell to the Rams of the early 2000's, you knew someone was going to finally be able to figure out how to beat them, looks like people are finally figuring out how to beat Chuck. 205 is stacked though, Rampage will get lots of opportunities to prove how good he is. I wonder who he is fighting next? Anyone hear any rumors?
E

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 09:45:53 AM »
I think Henderson is over rated tbh. I liken Liddell to the Rams of the early 2000's, you knew someone was going to finally be able to figure out how to beat them, looks like people are finally figuring out how to beat Chuck. 205 is stacked though, Rampage will get lots of opportunities to prove how good he is. I wonder who he is fighting next? Anyone hear any rumors?

You think Hendo is overrated? hahaha, that might be the dumbest comment you've made yet. He just took Page to a decision, didn't he? Held a belt in two Pride classes, and is most likely the #2 LHW behind Rampage right now.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 09:47:47 AM »
You think Hendo is overrated? hahaha, that might be the dumbest comment you've made yet. He just took Page to a decision, didn't he? Held a belt in two Pride classes, and is most likely the #2 LHW behind Rampage right now.

I thought you had Shogun ahead of him yesterday? I think Rampage is over rated as well. Same with Shogun, I honestly don't think Pride had that much talent. Try not to take it so personal.
E

Iraclese

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 09:48:57 AM »
There are two champs who rolled over the ufc champs already, Silva and Jackson.  I think what some fighters from pride are having a hard time with is competing off drugs.  In pride everyone was cranked to the MAX not to mention the huge lines of coke they would do before they fought take that away from a guy who was been doing it for 5 years or more and you got a problem.  I have never seen shogun fight like shit, but he couldn't even catch his breath after the first round.  In pride the first round is 10 minutes not 5 mins.  And he would go crazy throwing everything and never get tired.  Take away the drugs and if your not used to it your performance just went down the shitter.  Sorry just a fact.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 09:50:21 AM »

I got over the Pride vs UFC argument months ago, you know when the UFC bought Pride and they became one organization? Ahh, what would I expect a 110 pound twink TUF fanboy to know.  :o

But go on, I'll bet you're the only person on the planet that had Griffin over Shogun.  ::)
C'mon Horseface, you know you've never had the pleasure of having your nuts tasted. Have your balls even dropped yet, kid?  :-\

When PRIDE wasn't a part of the UFC, they were "superior" in your starstruck fanboy eyes. Their champions were so superior that they would destroy anything the UFC had to offer. Where is the PRIDE arrogance now, horseface?

By the way, the "TUF Fanboy" line you have been using for some time on this board is massively played out.  ;) You would think after you were exposed as a funny-looking PRIDE fanboy named Nick Hersch with no real martial arts background that you'd come up with some better shit then that. 
!

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 09:51:07 AM »
I thought you had Shogun ahead of him yesterday? I think Rampage is over rated as well. Same with Shogun, I honestly don't think Pride had that much talent. Try not to take it so personal.

Rampage is overrated? So you're saying every 205 in the world is overrated seeing as he's the belt holder.

I'm not taking it personal, but you're the biggest armchair quarterback on this forum with this stuff, considering you've been watching MMA for what? A year maybe?

You're good for one retarded comment a week. I'll give you that.

Everyone said Pride was a better org. Everyone but the newcomers like you who think they know what they're talking about.  ;D

There are two champs who rolled over the ufc champs already, Silva and Jackson.  I think what some fighters from pride are having a hard time with is competing off drugs.  In pride everyone was cranked to the MAX not to mention the huge lines of coke they would do before they fought take that away from a guy who was been doing it for 5 years or more and you got a problem.  I have never seen shogun fight like shit, but he couldn't even catch his breath after the first round.  In pride the first round is 10 minutes not 5 mins.  And he would go crazy throwing everything and never get tired.  Take away the drugs and if your not used to it your performance just went down the shitter.  Sorry just a fact.

Exactly. I was going to write up a thread about this on here but I decided against it. I'm thinking that the fact that Pride wasn't tested is the factor. The majority of these guys were probably using something, and now that they're off it, they're not back into condition. Anyone who knows MMA knows that the Shogun who fought last night was nothing like the one of the last 3 years.

Let's not forget the biggest armchair QB on here, Benny Blanco. You're like 48 aren't you? Trying to relive your glory days through MMA and posting no pics on a forum? I didn't bother reading your reply because I could just see the overuse of emoticons and knew that you probably melted down. Keep smashing that keyboard kid.

Iraclese

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2007, 09:53:48 AM »
Shogun is a beast, he just has to change what he has been doing all his fighting life.  I am sure once he adjusts he will be the killer he once was.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2007, 09:54:56 AM »
Rampage is overrated? So you're saying every 205 in the world is overrated seeing as he's the belt holder.

I'm not taking it personal, but you're the biggest armchair quarterback on this forum with this stuff, considering you've been watching MMA for what? A year maybe?

You think that because you get visibly upset on the MMA forums that makes you know more than everyone else? I never though Pride was better. The Grand Prixs were fun to watch. But to say Pride was better would be an opinion, not a fact. I happened to like the UFC.
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2007, 09:56:23 AM »
Shogun is a beast, he just has to change what he has been doing all his fighting life.  I am sure once he adjusts he will be the killer he once was.

We keep hearing this about Pride fighters, adjust to what? He was fighting Forrest Griffin. If you can't beat him, you have a tough hill to climb.
E

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2007, 09:57:13 AM »

No doubt. The guy's 26. I'm willing to bet he won't lose in the rest of 07 or 08.

You think that because you get visibly upset on the MMA forums that makes you know more than everyone else? I never though Pride was better. The Grand Prixs were fun to watch. But to say Pride was better would be an opinion, not a fact. I happened to like the UFC.

Just like your saying UFC is better is an opinion? The fact is that you've been following MMA for what? Not even a year now? You giving your opinion of Pride based on 3 fights when a PRIDE can is now holding the UFC belt is just stupid. You sound like every moron on Sherdog.

What's funny though, I never badmouth the UFC, just their fans. You have a vendetta against Pride, maybe because you never really got to watch it or something?

We keep hearing this about Pride fighters, adjust to what? He was fighting Forrest Griffin. If you can't beat him, you have a tough hill to climb.

Rampage Jackson.

Iraclese

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2007, 10:04:22 AM »
Did you read my first post?

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2007, 10:09:54 AM »

What's funny though, I never badmouth the UFC, just their fans. You have a vendetta against Pride, maybe because you never really got to watch it or something?

I have Comcast I watched it all the time. AGAIN, what difference does it make what fighters I like?
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2007, 10:11:48 AM »
Did you read my first post?

Yes, I agree. I am not sure about fighting on blow, but I do think they were juiced. Take that away and they have a tough time training and fighting like they used to.
E

Iraclese

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2007, 10:14:54 AM »
Trust me they fought on blow, I know guys who have gone down to Pat's camp in the states and this is just common knowledge.  Ken Shamrock always did blow before he fought until they started testing.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2007, 10:16:59 AM »
Trust me they fought on blow, I know guys who have gone down to Pat's camp in the states and this is just common knowledge.  Ken Shamrock always did blow before he fought until they started testing.

Yeah, can't do that in the UFC. Are there any more big names from Pride that can come over other than Fedor?
E

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2007, 10:26:25 AM »
Yeah, can't do that in the UFC. Are there any more big names from Pride that can come over other than Fedor?

Plenty, Gomi,Arona,Lil Nog,Hunt,Yoshida,Fedors bro,Barnett.

Gomi would be favorite over Sherk.

Arona and Lil Nog could challenge for the belt..Yosh is a LHW sometimes and HW..too many freakshow fights he had in Pride.

Hunt can do some damage..best striker in MMA...and Fedors bro can too. Barnett can be champion...he did own Randy once already.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2007, 10:30:13 AM »
Plenty, Gomi,Arona,Lil Nog,Hunt,Yoshida,Fedors bro,Barnett.

Gomi would be favorite over Sherk.

Arona and Lil Nog could challenge for the belt..Yosh is a LHW sometimes and HW..too many freakshow fights he had in Pride.

Hunt can do some damage..best striker in MMA...and Fedors bro can too. Barnett can be champion...he did own Randy once already.

Yeah, could get interesting. Problem is that outside of the forums, no one knows these guys. Like when Wanderlei walked into the ring, half the crowd didn't know who the fuck he was. I say stop hyping them up so much and let them earn their fame over here. I know it sucks for them, but you can "pimp" a fighter to the American public all you want, but when they keep losing you start to look like an idiot, I am sure Dana is beginning to realize that.  ;D
E

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2007, 10:44:48 AM »
Its MMA...the Pride fighters are bound to lose...but at the end of the day its whos left standing....odds are its going to be a Pride fighter.

Randy is HW champ...will he run through Fedor,Nog and Barnett???? I'd be surprise if he beats one of them. Fedor and Nog have been 1-2 forever at HW. Barnett is a bad matchup for Couture.

Gomi will be a heavy favorite over Sherk and I would pick him to win. BJ did beat Gomi years back but he has improved since then. I would love to see BJ/Gomi 2.

The LHW division will be owned by Pride fighters...Rampage is champ....who do the UFC have that can beat him??? Tito..lol...Forrest...he did beat Shogun...but Rampage will not gas and will strike with Forrest and KO him. Machida is a former K-1 fighter so he doesnt count as a UFC original.

The MW division....Silva is champ...dont see a UFC beating him either. Maybe if they bring in Lindland a UFC original then maybe. But Hendo would beat him I am sure....yes a Pride fighter.  ;D

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2007, 10:49:54 AM »
Its MMA...the Pride fighters are bound to lose...but at the end of the day its whos left standing....odds are its going to be a Pride fighter.

Randy is HW champ...will he run through Fedor,Nog and Barnett???? I'd be surprise if he beats one of them. Fedor and Nog have been 1-2 forever at HW. Barnett is a bad matchup for Couture.

Gomi will be a heavy favorite over Sherk and I would pick him to win. BJ did beat Gomi years back but he has improved since then. I would love to see BJ/Gomi 2.

The LHW division will be owned by Pride fighters...Rampage is champ....who do the UFC have that can beat him??? Tito..lol...Forrest...he did beat Shogun...but Rampage will not gas and will strike with Forrest and KO him. Machida is a former K-1 fighter so he doesnt count as a UFC original.

The MW division....Silva is champ...dont see a UFC beating him either. Maybe if they bring in Lindland a UFC original then maybe. But Hendo would beat him I am sure....yes a Pride fighter.  ;D

I like Anderson Silva. My point was that Dana keeps hyping up these guys who the majority of the fans don't know and they keep losing. Doesn't make sense to keep doing it. Bring em over quiet and let them earn their respect. Dana can not be happy that Shogun couldn't even beat Forrest last night. Long term, who knows who will have the better fighters, but I for one am getting sick of seeing these guys hyped up just to come over and fight like shit.
E

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2007, 10:52:19 AM »

I tink that BJ owns his division as long as he stays focused..

I don't know about Rampage knocking out Forrest.. The kid has a chin and I think that he would stand a chance banging it out with Quinton. Either way I think it would be a thrilling fight..