Author Topic: Dana White on Kimbo Slice  (Read 28212 times)

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
Re: Dana White on Kimbo Slice
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2008, 03:07:14 AM »
I don't understand the interest in seeing these inexperienced unskilled brutes fight ??? 

It's like having to read the shit about MMA from an unexperienced mouth like yourself, people just want to see it.
No Worries 4 me

cht868

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2008, 04:29:09 AM »
It's like having to read the shit about MMA from an unexperienced mouth like yourself, people just want to see it.

i say give the fans what they want to see, if kimbo wins great for him, but WHEN he gets knocked the fuck out, the crowd will go crazy

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2008, 09:31:00 AM »
i say give the fans what they want to see, if kimbo wins great for him, but WHEN he gets knocked the fuck out, the crowd will go crazy

absoultely
No Worries 4 me

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2008, 10:02:56 AM »

"unexperienced"?  what makes you think so?
w

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2008, 12:59:21 PM »
"unexperienced"?  what makes you think so?

Well very easy to prove.  Just post a video of you competing.  It's that easy.  Thanks in advance.
No Worries 4 me

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2008, 01:02:51 PM »
Well very easy to prove.  Just post a video of you competing.  It's that easy.  Thanks in advance.

So, the only way to be qualified to offer an opinion on MMA is to have stepped into a cage and fought?  I guess that puts me in the same camp as guys like Dana White, Joe Rogan & Bezerkfury ::)
w

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2008, 02:08:43 PM »
So, the only way to be qualified to offer an opinion on MMA is to have stepped into a cage and fought?  I guess that puts me in the same camp as guys like Dana White, Joe Rogan & Bezerkfury ::)

There is a difference between a qualified "opinion" and a "statement" like you made.  If you said "I don't think guys like this with no experience belong in the UFC" or something like that, that would be an opinion which is fine from anyone.  But you said "I don't understand the interest in seeing these inexperienced unskilled brutes fight" which is a statement.  Your statements are construed in a manner that gives the illusion you are an experienced fighter and know exactly what these guys go through and what it takes.  But in reality you are just like the majority of us and just like to watch the fighting.  But, you add that little extra by telling us certain people do not belong.  As much as I don't like Kimbo he is actually exactly what the UFC was originally based on and that was fighting with minimal rules, an all out brawl.  Lesnar has competed in college and probably high school (did yo at least do that) and then performed with the WWE which takes a lot more skill than you obviously know. 
No Worries 4 me

Chico_Holiday

• Getbig II
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2008, 05:33:40 PM »

If you've never fought in a cage, why are you challenging chaos to a "cage fight"?   :-\

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2008, 05:45:08 PM »
There is a difference between a qualified "opinion" and a "statement" like you made.  If you said "I don't think guys like this with no experience belong in the UFC" or something like that, that would be an opinion which is fine from anyone.  But you said "I don't understand the interest in seeing these inexperienced unskilled brutes fight" which is a statement.  Your statements are construed in a manner that gives the illusion you are an experienced fighter and know exactly what these guys go through and what it takes.  But in reality you are just like the majority of us and just like to watch the fighting.  But, you add that little extra by telling us certain people do not belong.  As much as I don't like Kimbo he is actually exactly what the UFC was originally based on and that was fighting with minimal rules, an all out brawl.  Lesnar has competed in college and probably high school (did yo at least do that) and then performed with the WWE which takes a lot more skill than you obviously know. 

Mindspin's going to act on his challenge and fight Chaos in "the cage" the next time he gets down to OC.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2008, 05:46:02 PM »

Mindspin also choked out a dude at a poker party.  "Got his back" and all. :o

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2008, 07:14:59 PM »

Thats right I forgot he is 1-0.  Did he mention if the guy was still in his wheelchair when he choked him out.  And in all fairness to the other guy he did have his neck brace off.
No Worries 4 me

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2008, 07:36:35 PM »
If you've never fought in a cage, why are you challenging chaos to a "cage fight"?   :-\
He just wants to roll around on the floor and "get my back" :-X
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2008, 11:34:27 PM »
He just wants to roll around on the floor and "get my back" :-X

It's a safe bet north/south is his best position.
No Worries 4 me

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2008, 07:16:23 PM »
Bump for chaos getting his ass kicked in the cage! :o
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2008, 09:33:22 PM »

i don't know what this is about re mindspin, but it should be noted that anyone on here could choke another out from behind. it's prob the easiest submission to apply.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2008, 10:06:56 PM »
i don't know what this is about re mindspin, but it should be noted that anyone on here could choke another out from behind. it's prob the easiest submission to apply.
Last night I got together with some friends for poker & drinking.  For some reason or another I started a "discussion" with one of the guys which evolved into a heated argument, which evolved into a wrestling match.  I'm not sure how it happened, but it ended with me putting him to sleep from a RNCH....lol.

First time I've ever held someone long enough for them to go out...kinda weird/scary becasue you're so pumped up that you don't really feel the person go limp.  If it wasn't for the rest of the guys pulling him off, I would have held him way longer.  BTW, he never tapped.
On the first page of this thread he also challenges me to a cage fight.

I'm still waiting on the cage..... ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2008, 10:17:52 PM »
On the first page of this thread he also challenges me to a cage fight.

I'm still waiting on the cage..... ::)

maybe he wants your back? :-X

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2008, 10:22:26 PM »
maybe he wants your back? :-X
That's the going theory.......... :-X
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2008, 11:32:09 PM »
That's the going theory.......... :-X

Looks like I'm gonna have to get in line, I think mindspin wants to get me in the cage as well...

You know after that whole drunken-poker choke out fiasco he somehow got it in his head that he's a trained killing machine..

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2008, 07:31:37 PM »
So am I getting my ass kicked in a cage or what?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2008, 07:32:49 AM »
So am I getting my ass kicked in a cage or what?

if mindspin has his way, you might get your ass 'something' in a cage...

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2008, 11:07:32 AM »
shut the fuck up
!

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2008, 02:23:36 PM »
That's the only reason I would support bringing in some inexperienced street thug.  To watch him get brutally mutilated. 

Are you people serious ::)  In the five years that I've been on these boards, there has NEVER been a single fight challenge that came to fruition...not one.  If you want to make GetBig history, "chaos", I'm willing to step IN TEH CAGE!!!

I guess we now know why a "single fight challenge" has never "come to fruition...not one."

Because just like someone in this thread, somebody always pusses out....... ;D

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2008, 05:58:09 PM »

I guess we now know why a "single fight challenge" has never "come to fruition...not one."

Because just like someone in this thread, somebody always pusses out....... ;D
WTF are you on about? I'm right here! :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2008, 09:21:08 PM »
WTF are you on about? I'm right here! :D

i think he's referring to Mindspin.