Author Topic: How much carbs do YOU eat per day?  (Read 7221 times)

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
How much carbs do YOU eat per day?
« on: February 11, 2008, 01:48:51 AM »
Just wondering how much carbs everyone here eats, and if I'm eating enough?

I don't know the exact number, but I highly doubt that I would get close 1 gram per lb of bodyweight.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: How much carbs do YOU eat per day?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 02:11:04 AM »
This time of year anywhere between 60 gms to 120.  I seldom break 120, SELDOM.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 01:07:03 PM »
how come...are you cutting? and if your cutting... your not incorporating a high carb day??

wondering what your theory behind the carb restriction is

d[-_-]b actin all cool

NeverTrustABlonde

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 01:40:25 PM »
either none or way too much lol

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 01:46:42 PM »
either none or way too much lol
  ;Dthats funny.

same thing here. 
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 02:13:06 PM »
160-200 or
300-350

guess which is which
tank u jesus

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 11:03:57 PM »

True, I'm pretty similar to that, maybe abit higher.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 01:23:14 AM »
how come...are you cutting? and if your cutting... your not incorporating a high carb day??

wondering what your theory behind the carb restriction is

It's just enough for me.  If I'm taking down more than 120 carbs a day on a semi regular basis all I do is gain bodyfat.    If I can manipulate it to where I'm taking down 40 of those carbs in three meals on training days it more than does the trick as far as fueling and glycogen replenishment.   

Some people can handle more,  I can if it's not on a permenant basis but 120 is usually more than enough.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 04:58:18 AM »
350+ grams.  ;D

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 09:24:25 AM »
six days at 180 grams, then one day of as many as i can eat..roughly 600grams.

220 pounds 6'0''  ~11%bf.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 10:11:47 AM »
It's just enough for me.  If I'm taking down more than 120 carbs or so a day on a semi regular basis all I do is gain bodyfat.    If I can manipulate it to where I'm taking down 40 of those carbs in three meals on training days it more than does the trick as far as fueling and glycogen replenishment.   

Some people can handle more,  I can if it's not on a permenant basis but 120 is usually more than enough.

i feel im pretty much in the same boat...i only need a very little...

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 10:29:20 AM »
I keep them at 120-150 a day.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 10:44:11 AM »
I keep them at 120-150 a day.

hey it would ones metabolism as far as how many carbs someone needs per day to achieve their goals..?  i dont know i feel like my body processes protein very well but carbs if i hit over 170-190 i feel the difference and it just sits in my stomache...i dont know what it is...i really only take in carbs in breakfast  some fruit at lunch and after workouts...it works for me...

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2008, 11:46:17 AM »
It's just enough for me.  If I'm taking down more than 120 carbs a day on a semi regular basis all I do is gain bodyfat.    If I can manipulate it to where I'm taking down 40 of those carbs in three meals on training days it more than does the trick as far as fueling and glycogen replenishment.   

So you're getting most of your energy requirement from fats?  60-120 carbs isn't a ketogenic diet, but it's close.

Most people are carb-burners, and only reduce carbs to those levels to reduce calories when cutting.
Ron: "I am lazy."

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2008, 02:10:34 AM »
So you're getting most of your energy requirement from fats?  60-120 carbs isn't a ketogenic diet, but it's close.

Most people are carb-burners, and only reduce carbs to those levels to reduce calories when cutting.

Yes I do get quite a bit of energy from fats.  I eat a lot of red meat and it agrees with me quite well.  Being Type O Negative has it's benefits.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2008, 01:56:26 PM »
Yes I do get quite a bit of energy from fats.  I eat a lot of red meat and it agrees with me quite well.  Being Type O Negative has it's benefits.
this is very good! especially if your a natty. you might think about having a small salad with a bunch of black olives along with your steak.  that would be one kick-ass muscle building, fat burning meal!
d[-_-]b actin all cool

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2008, 04:57:33 PM »
300 or more.
No doubt about it...

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2008, 06:21:09 AM »
this is very good! especially if your a natty. you might think about having a small salad with a bunch of black olives along with your steak.  that would be one kick-ass muscle building, fat burning meal!

whats up w the black olives?

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2008, 09:48:18 AM »

whats up w the black olives?
well im not sure if theres any difrference between green olives and black olives(nutritionally), but olives are an awesome source of monounsaturated fat.    for a natural bodybuilder, the most ipmortant thing other than hard training, sleep, and protein intake is to attain high levels of testosterone.  the key to natrural testosterone is your monounsaturated fat+saturated fat intake.    so a steak+ green salad with lots of black olives meal would be awesome because you are giving your body a good source of slow and steady protein, plus saturated/monounsaturated fats that will help synthesize all that protein/keep you burning fat for fuel, and the greens will provide some dietary fiber wich will speed the metabolism , keep you regular, and help make you a more efficient fat burner.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

cht868

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2008, 03:43:35 PM »
easily over 400, but i have a good metabolism i guess, i'd die off of 150 daily, thats what i start at when im in precontest mode

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2008, 05:59:30 PM »
easily over 400, but i have a good metabolism i guess, i'd die off of 150 daily, thats what i start at when im in precontest mode
youd feel much better on zero carbs than on low carbs...and with a quick metabolism like yours once you get into ketosis, you should get ripped SUPER quick.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2008, 06:11:32 PM »
youd feel much better on zero carbs than on low carbs...and with a quick metabolism like yours once you get into ketosis, you should get ripped SUPER quick.

You can get ripped just by monitoring the GI of the foods you take in, you don't have to go on a keto diet at all nor have to go low carb.  Keto diets are only good if you actually enjoy them, they aren't the end all be all to staying lean.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2008, 06:23:23 PM »
You can get ripped just by monitoring the GI of the foods you take in, you don't have to go on a keto diet at all nor have to go low carb.  Keto diets are only good if you actually enjoy them, they aren't the end all be all to staying lean.
ketosis is a very nice state to be in. at least, IMO.

..... i am very allergic to carbs. i have to be careful with my intake...or else i get fat SUPER quick. but my fat metabolism is fucking stunning.  if you could seperate the two...and judge yourself on one and the other...i would say i have a dexter jackson type of fat metabolism. with no carbs, i have never seen a fat gain...no matter how much fats i eat.  so a cyclical keto  is the bets for me year round...bulking or cutting.

but i think that a keto diet is the best way to go dor anybody, if theregoal is cutting.  its the best way to preserve muscle mass. period.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2008, 06:31:51 PM »
If it works for you, then stick to it.  I just don't recommend it to people because it's not necessary to stay lean.  If you like it and enjoy it, then ultimately that's what matters most.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2008, 03:45:30 PM »
ketosis is a very nice state to be in. at least, IMO.

..... i am very allergic to carbs. i have to be careful with my intake...or else i get fat SUPER quick. but my fat metabolism is fucking stunning.  if you could seperate the two...and judge yourself on one and the other...i would say i have a dexter jackson type of fat metabolism. with no carbs, i have never seen a fat gain...no matter how much fats i eat.  so a cyclical keto  is the bets for me year round...bulking or cutting.

but i think that a keto diet is the best way to go dor anybody, if theregoal is cutting.  its the best way to preserve muscle mass. period.

WHAT???!!!!    Keto diet best for maintaining muscle?  Candi, tell me this is a misprint!