Author Topic: MMA fighters vs. Mike Tyson  (Read 25503 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: MMA fighters vs. Mike Tyson
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2008, 10:43:41 AM »
haha who is that loser who posted - tyson was a brawler? You KNOW NOTHING Tyson was noted for having a rare combination of power, speed, stamina and ruthless aggression.  He wasn't a 'brawler' at all and many of his fights lasted past 3 rounds you think it's by accident he KO'd people and became the greatest fighter of his generation? Fu*k no.  

As for the question at hand, if Tyson learned a basic takedown defense he would own, sorry but it's true.  Just watch them in their stand up if any of them could actually throw a proper jab they would do major damage, most have a space the size of two fits between their gloves, you don't think tyson would get between their before they could even blink? And when they go for his legs their head is unguarded you really think they could take a poweful uppercut to the head? Because i can gurantee he would throw one like none of those guys have ever felt before in their life.  

"I just have this thing inside me that wants to eat and conquer. Maybe it's egotistical, but I have it in me. I don't want to be a tycoon. I just want to conquer people and their souls."
Oh brohter another Mike Tyson quote where he is eating something.... All hype, he tried to talk like that to Lennox Lewis and then got knocked on his ass.

spinnis

« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2008, 10:45:21 AM »
Saying that Tyson would bet Fedor in a MMA match
is like saying a Drag racing car would beat a Fomula 1 car in a formula 1 race..

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
Re: JUST A REMINDER FOR ALL OF YOU MMA TWINKS.......................
« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2008, 10:47:03 AM »
hahahaha MMA owned!

what are you 12? must be calling yourself a baller ::)

this is about toughness and fighting skills, not sales....

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2008, 10:48:32 AM »
Saying that Tyson would bet Fedor in a MMA match
is like saying a Drag racing car would beat a Fomula 1 car in a formula 1 race..

yeah, no shit!

and now the tyson nut huggers and saying "if tyson trained mma for 6 months...."

blah blah

what if what if

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2008, 10:49:23 AM »
MAN.........WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2008, 10:54:15 AM »
If Tyson developed a half decent sprawl, which im sure he could with his athletic ability he could easily be the champ. As Someone pointed out already even if Tyson lands a jab, the other guy is going to sleep.

The reason Chuck was so dominant is because he kept the fight standing with his amazing sprawling ability and put guys to sleep.

Mike Tysons hands are light years ahead of Chucks or any other MMA fighter.
shotgun on the team

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: April 18, 2008, 11:14:23 AM »
If Tyson developed a half decent sprawl, which im sure he could with his athletic ability he could easily be the champ. As Someone pointed out already even if Tyson lands a jab, the other guy is going to sleep.

The reason Chuck was so dominant is because he kept the fight standing with his amazing sprawling ability and put guys to sleep.

Mike Tysons hands are light years ahead of Chucks or any other MMA fighter.
Mike Tyson fans never listen to the other side of the argument. In their mind he was the greatest fighter ever in boxing, MMA, and on the street. I just don't get it. He never beat anybody good. Period.

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2008, 12:11:18 PM »
hahahaha MMA owned!

UFC 83 this weekend in MTL.
place sold out faster than any MMA event before. Largest audience in UFC history also they say.

its growing though...no doubt.

wrestling is going down the tubes...only a matter of time i think.

Wrestling USED to be fun to watch...Boxing,,,meh.... :-\

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2008, 12:38:37 PM »
If i remember correctly Serra made GSP look bad the first time they fought, and i know you guys are going to say .."Its a fluke, a fluke..." but once you beat someone like that, in your mind when you face them again you already know the feeling of what it is to win...a huge mental victory. I dont know about you guys but im ordeing it and going to record it, my boy B-hop is fighting Calzghe in a huge HBO fight....thats where its at.
L

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2008, 01:03:40 AM »
Mike Tyson fans never listen to the other side of the argument. In their mind he was the greatest fighter ever in boxing, MMA, and on the street. I just don't get it. He never beat anybody good. Period.

Tucker was actually very good as was Spinks and Tubbs and Holmes is a ATG.

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2008, 01:43:29 AM »
Tucker was actually very good as was Spinks and Tubbs and Holmes is a ATG.

I agree about Holmes.  He was my favorite when I was a kid.  That's how I started boxing.  Didn't last long...lol.  I believe he hurt his legacy with all of those combacks.  Look at Marvin Hagler.  He could have gotten BIG money to fight Sugar Ray but didn't.   I bet that fight would still sell.  Same as Holmes vs.  Foreman.   Then Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini comes back.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2008, 03:48:51 PM »
The following is a brief breakdown of how well the UFC and HBO Boxing did in 2007 by way of PPV numbers. Obviously the popularity of both sports runs deeper than simply pay-per-view figures. I couldn’t locate a list of HBO numbers as far as each event went, but you have to take into account that De La Hoya and Mayweather are probably responsible for a majority of the PPV buys. Similarly, Rampage and Chuck had a lot to do with boosting the UFC numbers. The UFC events combined for 4,885,000 views totaling $194.5 million. UFC 70 & 75 were SPIKE events. Boxing did 4,795,000 PPV’s for $239.75.

UFC 67 - Silva v. Lutter - 400,000
UFC 68 - Slyvia v. Couture - 540,000
UFC 69 - St. Pierre v. Serra - 400,000
UFC 71 - Liddell v. Jackson II - 675,000
UFC 72 - Franklin v. Okami - 200,000
UFC 73 - Ortiz v. Evans - 425,000
UFC 74 - Couture v. Gonzaga - 520,000
UFC 76 - Liddell v. Jardine - 475,000
UFC 77 - Franklin v. Silva II - 325,000
UFC 78 - Evans v. Bisbing - 325,000
UFC 79 - Liddell v. Silva - 600,000

HBO Boxing - 4,795,000 (total) among main events including:
Mayweather v. Hatton
Cotto v. Mosley
Pacquiao v. Barrera
Hopkins v. Wright
De La Hoya v. Mayweather
Cotto v. Judah

MMAowned, I think not.  Boxing has something to worry about. 

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #112 on: April 23, 2008, 06:45:07 PM »
The following is a brief breakdown of how well the UFC and HBO Boxing did in 2007 by way of PPV numbers. Obviously the popularity of both sports runs deeper than simply pay-per-view figures. I couldn’t locate a list of HBO numbers as far as each event went, but you have to take into account that De La Hoya and Mayweather are probably responsible for a majority of the PPV buys. Similarly, Rampage and Chuck had a lot to do with boosting the UFC numbers. The UFC events combined for 4,885,000 views totaling $194.5 million. UFC 70 & 75 were SPIKE events. Boxing did 4,795,000 PPV’s for $239.75.

UFC 67 - Silva v. Lutter - 400,000
UFC 68 - Slyvia v. Couture - 540,000
UFC 69 - St. Pierre v. Serra - 400,000
UFC 71 - Liddell v. Jackson II - 675,000
UFC 72 - Franklin v. Okami - 200,000
UFC 73 - Ortiz v. Evans - 425,000
UFC 74 - Couture v. Gonzaga - 520,000
UFC 76 - Liddell v. Jardine - 475,000
UFC 77 - Franklin v. Silva II - 325,000
UFC 78 - Evans v. Bisbing - 325,000
UFC 79 - Liddell v. Silva - 600,000

HBO Boxing - 4,795,000 (total) among main events including:
Mayweather v. Hatton
Cotto v. Mosley
Pacquiao v. Barrera
Hopkins v. Wright
De La Hoya v. Mayweather
Cotto v. Judah

MMAowned, I think not.  Boxing has something to worry about. 

MMA is doing great but Boxing has nothing to worry about.  The two will co-exist but boxing will not go anywhere. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2008, 08:54:28 PM »
::) ...its common knowledge that the only thing that can beat mike tyson is mike tyson.

common "knowledge" to people that don't know what they're talking about

what great boxer has tyson beaten?

E
E

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #114 on: April 29, 2008, 09:18:01 AM »
I like this video

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: April 29, 2008, 10:01:28 AM »
remember when people used to know who the heavyweight world champ was in boxing??

Slintowin4424

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Seminar May 10 in brea message me for details
« Reply #116 on: April 29, 2008, 12:23:14 PM »
remember when people used to know who the heavyweight world champ was in boxing??

Does boxing still exist?  ::)

davet

• Getbig II
« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2008, 05:19:41 PM »
No MMA fighter on earth would've survived the shot Tyson delivered to Trever  Berbick to win the HW belt  at age 20.

Nuff said.

UFC has too many damn rules. Those pussy gloves they wear, no kicking to the head oe rib cage while on the ground etc..  All I gotta say to MMa fighters is that there is a big difference between fighting for a pay check and fighting to "live" period.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2008, 09:22:14 AM »
No MMA fighter on earth would've survived the shot Tyson delivered to Trever  Berbick to win the HW belt  at age 20.

Nuff said.

UFC has too many damn rules. Those pussy gloves they wear, no kicking to the head oe rib cage while on the ground etc..  All I gotta say to MMa fighters is that there is a big difference between fighting for a pay check and fighting to "live" period.

MMA has changed a lot from the original premise Rorian had.  But it had to if it was going to survive financially.  Back in the day it was almost impossible to find a place to put on a fight.  There just wasn't enough rules to make it mainstream or even legal.  I liked the way it was when it first started.  I liked it when you had to fight 2 or 3 or more times in one night.  I liked it when there was no real weight classes.  But hey you gotta do what you gotta do to make money.

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
  • Yum, yum, give me some!
« Reply #119 on: May 08, 2008, 04:03:10 PM »
you better watch out, here's where all the Tap Out wearing, Xyience drinking 147 pound warriors come back from their workouts of beating on their Sears Sugar Ray Leonard Signature Series heavy bags in their bedrooms with the same old, "a flyweight MMA fighter would kill Tyson with their Jui Jitsu skills". ;D

You obviously haved never watched a jiu-jitsu guy fight against a striker. They easily own botjh boxers and kck boxers alike. Why? Because once you take the striker to the ground, it's O-V-E-R! ;)

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: May 08, 2008, 04:09:02 PM »
  You obviously haved never watched a jiu-jitsu guy fight against a striker. They easily own botjh boxers and kck boxers alike. Why? Because once you take the striker to the ground, it's O-V-E-R! ;)

Depends on the guys fighting! If it was a top heavyweight boxer v some twink who does his JJ class once a week then the JJ guy gets destroyed

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #121 on: May 08, 2008, 04:39:58 PM »
Depends on the guys fighting! If it was a top heavyweight boxer v some twink who does his JJ class once a week then the JJ guy gets destroyed

Of course, but this argument is about top boxers vs top MMA fighters. Of course Tyson would destroy 99% of guys who do MMA recreationally. My point, however, is that he would be defeated by top MMA fghters like Minotauro, Fedor, Crocop. Why? Because they can fight much better than tyson with their legs and on the ground. One of Crocop's rounhouse kicks to the head of Tyson and he's going down. If any of these guys bring Tyson to the floor, he's finished.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: May 10, 2008, 02:51:29 AM »
In an MMA ring, yes of course

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #123 on: May 10, 2008, 05:05:00 AM »

Lol...obviously. I am talking in a no-holds-barred fight. In a fight with boxing rules, a prime Tyson is virtually invincible.

Slintowin4424

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Seminar May 10 in brea message me for details
« Reply #124 on: May 12, 2008, 06:33:17 PM »

In any ring tyson would get owned