Author Topic: I gained 6 pounds in one week  (Read 13225 times)

slayer

• Getbig IV
Re: I gained 6 pounds in one week
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2008, 08:08:07 PM »
After being stuck at the same bodyweight for the last 18 months, I finally managed to gain some weight.  In the last week, this is what I've changed:

I got a rice cooker and have been eating 2-3 cups of rice daily in addition to regular diet.

I stopped all caffeine and sinus products.  Went from 200 mg per day caff to zero.

I know it's a small victory among the giants here, but I had to tell someone.  I've been stuck at 170-174 for the last 18 months.  Seeing the scale jump to 180- and seeing the abs stay the same - is just awesome.  Anyone else have common fixes for breaking the "can't gain weight despite everything I do" trap?
why dont you get skin calipers and see reality, you gained a few lbs of fat and water!
why dont you get skin calipers and see reality, you gained a few lbs of fat and water!

you did not all of a sudden at your age gain even a half of lb of muscle in 1 week drug free, let alone 6 lbs ;)

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2008, 08:09:20 PM »
I'm 29.5 inches today on my waist. 
5 foot 10.  179.8 pounds.
I have lots of pics on here - my clavicles are close together, my hips are small.  I was 120 pounds at age 25.  I'm a narrow guy.  My upper body is very small compared to my lower.

I'd be very happy with 17 or 17.5 inch arms, 200 pounds, and a 33 to 34 inch waist.  20 more pounds clean over the next year. 

Tonight I'm eating a banana, chicken fajita (shell, chicken, and lettuce dry) while everyone else is eating Fried ice cream.
without drug you wont gain more then 2 lbs, get realistic. your pushing 30!

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2008, 08:13:41 PM »

You gotta be kidding me.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2008, 08:16:55 PM »
it's funny how so many natural guys claim major gains but don't post pictures.  why? because most of the weight they gained is fat, and that's not impressive.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2008, 08:22:16 PM »
I would think some of it was water, fat, glycogen - but some may have been previously held levels as well.  I was 223 pounds at my heaviest, and I had a lot more muscle than I do today (lots more fat too!!)

Arms and legs are growing, waistline is not.  I'm happy.  obviously i won't gain 6 pounds this week!

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2008, 08:22:26 PM »
I find it very weird that so many guys on here seem to think the only way to gain a measly 5 pounds of muscle takes drugs.

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2008, 08:30:30 PM »
I find it very weird that so many guys on here seem to think the only way to gain a measly 5 pounds of muscle takes drugs.

we are discussing a male thats pushing 30 with probally a total test level in the 400's, not a 20 yr old with and 800 plus level  ...

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2008, 08:34:22 PM »

that's because you live in your own little world.  Otherwise you'd notice that there are a lot of natural guys who don't gain pounds of muscle with ease.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2008, 08:45:07 PM »
that's because you live in your own little world.  Otherwise you'd notice that there are a lot of natural guys who don't gain pounds of muscle with ease.

You guys are nuts. It's not that hard to add 2 lbs of muscle to a 5'10, 170 lb physique like 240's.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2008, 08:46:23 PM »
You guys are nuts. It's not that hard to add 2 lbs of muscle to a 5'10, 170 lb physique like 240's.

In what time frame are you talking about?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2008, 08:49:30 PM »

it's true - I haven't trained or eaten or rested - all 3 at the same time corectly - ever.  I'm a very solid 180 while doing it half-assed.  2 months of doing all 3 right, I should make some gains.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2008, 08:50:15 PM »
In what time frame are you talking about?

For him. 3-4 weeks.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2008, 08:57:06 PM »
For him. 3-4 weeks.

but no natural can get 2lbs muscle every month.  that's 24lbs of muscle in a year.  There are limitations like slayer said.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2008, 08:57:44 PM »
that's impressive.  If natural, it would definitely counter the gh15 statement this week, that as you hit 30, making natty gains are damn near impossible.

I respect GH15 as much as one can respect anything on an inherently bullshit-filled board, but that's just dead wrong.

At 30 years old i weighed 220 lbs.  from 35-40 I was as much as 253 lbs (my heaviest) in 03 and that was my biggest strongest and the best I've ever looked.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2008, 09:05:21 PM »
but no natural can get 2lbs muscle every month.  that's 24lbs of muscle in a year.  There are limitations like slayer said.

I'm not saying that he can add 2 lbs of muscle every month till the end of time. Not even juicers can do that.

I am just saying someone over 30 can add substantial muscle, a la Groink, if they really work at it.

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2008, 09:41:20 PM »
you are mostlikly like most people and dont put on size quick so a off season is a must, do a high cal 8 week program good cals bad cals just eat up tons of stuff youll put on a good 25lbs then you diet and you will be left with a good 10-12lbs the first time you do this

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2008, 10:33:19 PM »

Are you a pro to be giving this kind of advice, because in all honesty, your OPINION is so full of shit. I am 30 and have gained quite a bit of size at my age. Where the fuck do you get 2 POUNDS from?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2008, 07:01:07 AM »
Up another pound this morning, lean as ever.  very strong on back day (well, for me), did 315 for 10 reps on the deadlift.  I usually don't go near 300.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2008, 07:24:31 AM »
After being stuck at the same bodyweight for the last 18 months, I finally managed to gain some weight.  In the last week, this is what I've changed:

I got a rice cooker and have been eating 2-3 cups of rice daily in addition to regular diet.

I stopped all caffeine and sinus products.  Went from 200 mg per day caff to zero.

I know it's a small victory among the giants here, but I had to tell someone.  I've been stuck at 170-174 for the last 18 months.  Seeing the scale jump to 180- and seeing the abs stay the same - is just awesome.  Anyone else have common fixes for breaking the "can't gain weight despite everything I do" trap?
Good work, Rob. And despite what gh says, you can gain size/muscle at your (advanced) age. The key is to hammer the legs once a week. And by hammer, I mean wiping down after each set and leaving the gym with the wobblies. Keep it up.  :)

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2008, 07:54:02 AM »
Well, I gained(got back) 11lbs(77kg to 82kg) muscle in this week.
If you dont believe it. I will post my pic tomorrow.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2008, 07:57:26 AM »
So you went up to 223 previously and had almost no new muscle to show for the bulking when you dieted down, why haven't you learned your lesson.  Bulking is not an effective way for naturals to gain muscle.  Eating a ton will just make you fat.

Of the 7 lbs you have gained in the last week, how much do you think is muscle?

Listen to Bast he really is trying to help you.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2008, 08:04:54 AM »
So you went up to 223 previously and had almost no new muscle to show for the bulking when you dieted down, why haven't you learned your lesson.  Bulking is not an effective way for naturals to gain muscle.  Eating a ton will just make you fat.

I think most of my gains were water or the previously dehydrated state being fixed.  I'm not going to be bulking up 50 pounds again.  I'm measuing the waistline every day, watching it like a hawk, and eating no junk this time.  Even when I eat fast food, it's a clean double chicken sub with lettuce and no cheese on wheat bread, from subway. 

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2008, 08:07:43 AM »

I am doing tons of cardio. I eat bit more carbs. But I change one thing very drasticaly.. amount of protein intake.
Almost double. So I am not fat at all. Now I am watching out my condition everyday for the autamn show.
Now its the time for getting back my muscle lost in these 6 months with keeping on staying lean. Cardio is the key.
Thats why i said i could post my pic.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2008, 08:10:45 AM »
Since you value Justin's opinion so much just hire him!
http://www.troponinnutrition.com/
He's very reasonable with his rates/and you can work something out for a few months (just to get you headed in the right direction)
hell Pm me ur address and ill send u his DVDS...if money is an issue (there is one that focuses just on Nutrition)

you been on here for years now Rob (asking advice and not really making any progress/changes)
hell i think Justin would do you a world of good!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2008, 08:12:57 AM »
you been on here for years now Rob (asking advice and not really making any progress/changes)

I've read a ton of trops' stuff and followed his clips too - very smart guy.

I've been here 6 years.  I think I've progressed in that time.  Sure I took the rough route, but in the six years below, I went from 125 to 180 pounds: