Author Topic: I gained 6 pounds in one week  (Read 13212 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I gained 6 pounds in one week
« on: May 04, 2008, 06:46:17 PM »
After being stuck at the same bodyweight for the last 18 months, I finally managed to gain some weight.  In the last week, this is what I've changed:

I got a rice cooker and have been eating 2-3 cups of rice daily in addition to regular diet.

I stopped all caffeine and sinus products.  Went from 200 mg per day caff to zero.

I know it's a small victory among the giants here, but I had to tell someone.  I've been stuck at 170-174 for the last 18 months.  Seeing the scale jump to 180- and seeing the abs stay the same - is just awesome.  Anyone else have common fixes for breaking the "can't gain weight despite everything I do" trap?

whateva

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: I gained 6 pounds in one week
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 06:50:28 PM »
Good job ,Rob ,consistency is the key

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 06:50:37 PM »
After being stuck at the same bodyweight for the last 18 months, I finally managed to gain some weight.  In the last week, this is what I've changed:

I got a rice cooker and have been eating 2-3 cups of rice daily in addition to regular diet.

I stopped all caffeine and sinus products.  Went from 200 mg per day caff to zero.

I know it's a small victory among the giants here, but I had to tell someone.  I've been stuck at 170-174 for the last 18 months.  Seeing the scale jump to 180- and seeing the abs stay the same - is just awesome.  Anyone else have common fixes for breaking the "can't gain weight despite everything I do" trap?

Today I ate 3 large icecream cones, a large MMs package, a couple of white castles, drank liquor like a fish, I am sure that I missed some other stuff...and yes some diet cokes

I can gain 6lbs in no time..mostly fat ofcourse :)
I

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 06:50:41 PM »
Only 60 lbs away from 240!

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 06:51:19 PM »
That's not really a good thing. You're holding more water and glycogen, adding 150g carbs to your diet.

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 06:51:58 PM »
I've been stuck at 170-174 for the last 18 months.
you're a beast :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D

i drink at least 12 cups of coffee plus a couple of regular cokes a day and went from 175 to 220 in three years, hard to tell if i could have gained more had i eliminated caffeine completely.  perhaps you should start busting your ass in the gym ??? ??? ??? ;D ;D ;D

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 06:52:13 PM »
I just lost 6 pounds!

Man that was a big shit.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 06:54:29 PM »
Try some Hydroxy Cut seems to work better than Drugs.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 06:56:21 PM »
That's not really a good thing. You're holding more water and glycogen, adding 150g carbs to your diet.
Bast with some useful info...........WTF :o
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2008, 07:05:53 PM »
Today I ate 3 large icecream cones, a large MMs package, a couple of white castles, drank liquor like a fish, I am sure that I missed some other stuff...and yes some diet cokes

I can gain 6lbs in no time..mostly fat ofcourse :)

I have tried that before during the last 18 months - eating a ton of junk - and still didn't gain weight.  I just looked bloated and got scrawny.  This week I just ate like normal - the clean Layne diet (high carbs, med protein and fat) and added rice, lost the caffeine.

i drink at least 12 cups of coffee plus a couple of regular cokes a day and went from 175 to 220 in three years, hard to tell if i could have gained more had i eliminated caffeine completely. 

Troponin's book talked about how caffeine can hold you back from making gains - he made the best gains of his life when he didn't use any.  I know caffeine dehydrates you, causes thermogenic effect, and decreases appetite.  Without it, I'm hungrier and I'm gaining clean weight.

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2008, 07:07:24 PM »
Troponin's book talked about how caffeine can hold you back from making gains - he made the best gains of his life when he didn't use any.  I know caffeine dehydrates you, causes thermogenic effect, and decreases appetite.  Without it, I'm hungrier and I'm gaining clean weight.
hmmm, something to consider if i want to increase my weight even further....

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2008, 07:07:55 PM »

Nothing a good shit and a long piss won't take care of.

The Beef

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2008, 07:10:00 PM »
hmmm, something to consider if i want to increase my weight even further....

how old were you when you gained the 45 pounds?

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2008, 07:10:35 PM »
240 is in a bulking phase now.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2008, 07:12:27 PM »
I have tried that before during the last 18 months - eating a ton of junk - and still didn't gain weight.  I just looked bloated and got scrawny.  This week I just ate like normal - the clean Layne diet (high carbs, med protein and fat) and added rice, lost the caffeine.

Rob .................you quote Justin's book like it's the "Bible",everyone/everybody is different(find what works for you!)
don't be afraid of hard work/hard dieting (that's the only "REAL" secret),try a basic high protein,medium carb/low fat diet,throw in  30-45 Min's cardio min of 3-4 times a week
heavy basic weight training using heavy BASIC exercises
and use as much caffeine as u fucking want lol!
you been "dicking around" for years ................reading too much and not lifting/dieting enough
stop looking for "secrets"...it's plain ole hard work my friend!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2008, 07:17:54 PM »
240 is in a bulking phase now.

Nah, but I am trying to slowly gain weight again.  I want to add 20 pounds over the next year.  This week was probably the response to caffeine and all the new rice. 

Rob .................you quote Justin's book like it's the "Bible",everyone/everybody is different(find what works for you!)
don't be afraid of hard work/hard dieting (that's the only "REAL" secret),try a basic high protein,medium carb/low fat diet,throw in  30-45 Min's cardio min of 3-4 times a week
you been "dicking around" for years ................reading too much and not lifting/dieting enough

Caffeine dehydrates, it curbs appetite, and it creates the thermo effect.  In a person trying to gain, it sure cannot help.

Mike, there are 'secrets', or rather, things that work and things that don't.  You cannot say that all things equal, a person who takes 2000 mg of caffeine a day will make the same gains as a person who takes in 0 mg... ARE YOU?

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2008, 07:19:49 PM »
Nah, but I am trying to slowly gain weight again.  I want to add 20 pounds over the next year.  This week was probably the response to caffeine and all the new rice. 

Caffeine dehydrates, it curbs appetite, and it creates the thermo effect.  In a person trying to gain, it sure cannot help.

Mike, there are 'secrets', or rather, things that work and things that don't.  You cannot say that all things equal, a person who takes 2000 mg of caffeine a day will make the same gains as a person who takes in 0 mg... ARE YOU?

All drugs.
P

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2008, 07:20:01 PM »
how old were you when you gained the 45 pounds?
28-31

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2008, 07:21:03 PM »
28-31

that's impressive.  If natural, it would definitely counter the gh15 statement this week, that as you hit 30, making natty gains are damn near impossible.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2008, 07:22:05 PM »
that's impressive. 

how do you know?  he could have gained a lot of fat weight.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2008, 07:22:32 PM »

when are you gonna take your own advice buddy ?

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2008, 07:26:58 PM »
that's impressive.  If natural, it would definitely counter the gh15 statement this week, that as you hit 30, making natty gains are damn near impossible.
all natural, never touched anything

how do you know?  he could have gained a lot of fat weight.
some fat, some muscle, waist went from 32" to 36" but so did other body parts

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2008, 07:33:27 PM »
what waist size, arm size, etc are you shooting for after your 20lbs gain, 240?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2008, 07:41:48 PM »
what waist size, arm size, etc are you shooting for after your 20lbs gain, 240?

I'm 29.5 inches today on my waist. 
5 foot 10.  179.8 pounds.
I have lots of pics on here - my clavicles are close together, my hips are small.  I was 120 pounds at age 25.  I'm a narrow guy.  My upper body is very small compared to my lower.

I'd be very happy with 17 or 17.5 inch arms, 200 pounds, and a 33 to 34 inch waist.  20 more pounds clean over the next year. 

Tonight I'm eating a banana, chicken fajita (shell, chicken, and lettuce dry) while everyone else is eating Fried ice cream.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2008, 08:01:16 PM »
I'm 29.5 inches today on my waist. 
5 foot 10.  179.8 pounds.
I have lots of pics on here - my clavicles are close together, my hips are small.  I was 120 pounds at age 25.  I'm a narrow guy.  My upper body is very small compared to my lower.

I'd be very happy with 17 or 17.5 inch arms, 200 pounds, and a 33 to 34 inch waist.  20 more pounds clean over the next year. 

Tonight I'm eating a banana, chicken fajita (shell, chicken, and lettuce dry) while everyone else is eating Fried ice cream.
cool, 240..   stay dedicated youll make good progress bro. dedication is key