Author Topic: I gained 6 pounds in one week  (Read 13245 times)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
Re: I gained 6 pounds in one week
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2008, 08:14:02 AM »
EliteFTS.com - Starting a Diet

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2008, 08:14:21 AM »
troponin

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2008, 08:24:59 AM »
After being stuck at the same bodyweight for the last 18 months, I finally managed to gain some weight.  In the last week, this is what I've changed:

I got a rice cooker and have been eating 2-3 cups of rice daily in addition to regular diet.

I stopped all caffeine and sinus products.  Went from 200 mg per day caff to zero.

I know it's a small victory among the giants here, but I had to tell someone.  I've been stuck at 170-174 for the last 18 months.  Seeing the scale jump to 180- and seeing the abs stay the same - is just awesome.  Anyone else have common fixes for breaking the "can't gain weight despite everything I do" trap?

Don't lie to urself.......no one gains 6 lbs in 1 week and doesn't gain anything on there waist.....

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2008, 08:26:10 AM »
I've read a ton of trops' stuff and followed his clips too - very smart guy.

I've been here 6 years.  I think I've progressed in that time.  Sure I took the rough route, but in the six years below, I went from 125 to 180 pounds:

Rob i remember when u started posting here (you were not 125 lbs)
the first pictures u ever posted ( i have them somewhere) you were around the 180 lbs you sport now,all you did in the last six years was get a little fat then lose the weight(I'm not bashing on you.....i just think your a lil lazy and u procrastinate,in the begining you posted your pictures every other week (desperate for "gains") then it seems you "gave up" and focused on ur website business (seemingly too discouraged with ur lack of gains to continue)
you also went thru ur "owning phase" where u concentrated on "Pwning" everybody and everything online,now after 6 years of jerking off online it's time to get serious and DO SOMETHING ........give Justin a try for a couple months (best money ull ever spend i bet)
your the type of person who needs someone to give u that kick in the ass!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2008, 08:26:31 AM »
Don't lie to urself.......no one gains 6 lbs in 1 week and doesn't gain anything on there waist.....

waistline 29 to 29.5 in the last 8 days.  remember i'm narrow.  honestly, i had more veins coming out of arms this morning during back day, than I've ever had.  I've been so dehydrated for so long.  caffeine... ugh.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2008, 08:28:07 AM »
damn, that's rude mike.  i didn't expect you to resort to insults like that in the course of a debate.

"mr jackass award"?

dude, i've been nothing but civil to you and even stuck up for you a lot with the great showing you made when you competed.  we disagree on gains, and you call me a jackass?

have a nice day.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2008, 08:30:41 AM »
waistline 29 to 29.5 in the last 8 days.  remember i'm narrow.  honestly, i had more veins coming out of arms this morning during back day, than I've ever had.  I've been so dehydrated for so long.  caffeine... ugh.

quitting caffeine is good, excessive caloric intake (i.e. more than a littel bit over manitenance) due to overconsumption of any macronutrient is bad.  For a natural (especially with your genetics and at your age) it will just lead to fat gain.

There's no way around this.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2008, 08:33:23 AM »

Cool I cut my coffee down to 1 a day. Don't get too fat for the summer lol

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2008, 08:37:02 AM »
damn, that's rude mike.  i didn't expect you to resort to insults like that in the course of a debate.

"mr jackass award"?

dude, i've been nothing but civil to you and even stuck up for you a lot with the great showing you made when you competed.  we disagree on gains, and you call me a jackass?

have a nice day.

Im not calling you anything! (i did not make that picture and you know that)
Laura made a folder with all ur pictures in it back in the day when you turned ur "Pwning skills" on us
i simply posted it to show you how u looked then is not much different from how u look now
(again i like you and am trying to help)
maybe you need to see these pictures for a cold slap of reality
im making sure to not post the "insulting" pictures of you like ur "naked most muscular"

Stavios

« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2008, 08:42:04 AM »
awesome gains Rob, keep up the great work
 8)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2008, 08:43:45 AM »

Well, we are two grown men.  If you feel the need to give me a 'cold slap of reality' because I was fat 3 years ago, that's your call.

When I gained last time, it was on fast food and mountain dew.  and one buffet per day.  Drinking all the time.
I did zero cardio for 2 years.  I trained heavy and low rep for 45 min per day, 4 times a week.

it's completely different this time.  I'm doing cardio 4 times a week and eating very clean.  I'm training 75 minutes, 5 times a week.  Sleeping right, living clean, zero alcohol.  I'm growing and I'm staying lean, and I'm natural, of course.

We might disagree on topics, but posting old fat pics of me?  You're a grown man giving another man a "cold shot of reality" because he is discussing the benefits of losing caffeine/adding rice with others?  Wow...

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2008, 08:43:49 AM »
If i can do this (with Shit Genetics)
why can't you do something similar?

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2008, 08:49:11 AM »
get serious and DO SOMETHING ........give Justin a try for a couple months (best money ull ever spend i bet)
your the type of person who needs someone to give u that kick in the ass!

He may need motivation but I doubt that a Near pro level juiced BBer will have much advice that is applicable to a life-time natural ecto-endo.

Rob you will never be big and cut unless you juice.  Your best chance of looking good without roids is focusing on your training and reducing your calories to lose the fat that is covering your muscles.  If you want a V-taper you will have to focus more on overhead pushing and pulling and learn how to spread your lats.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2008, 08:49:16 AM »
Well, we are two grown men.  If you feel the need to give me a 'cold slap of reality' because I was fat 3 years ago, that's your call.

When I gained last time, it was on fast food and mountain dew.  and one buffet per day.  Drinking all the time.
I did zero cardio for 2 years.  I trained heavy and low rep for 45 min per day, 4 times a week.

it's completely different this time.  I'm doing cardio 4 times a week and eating very clean.  I'm training 75 minutes, 5 times a week.  Sleeping right, living clean, zero alcohol.  I'm growing and I'm staying lean, and I'm natural, of course.

We might disagree on topics, but posting old fat pics of me?  You're a grown man giving another man a "cold shot of reality" because he is discussing the benefits of losing caffeine/adding rice with others?  Wow...

n/m then.................... .......sorry i bothered

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2008, 08:50:50 AM »

I never said anything about your genetics.
I applaud your achievements.
I don't think I will ever compete.
There are risks that come with it which I choose not to do.

I don't understand the animosity.  We disagree about caffeine intake - I think 400 mg per day slows gains.  You disagree.  We disagree about bulking- I feel staying under 15% is way better than going over 25%.  

I'd prefer we debate facts, numbers, and what works and what doesn't  posting old pics to 'give me a cold shot of reality' when I admit getting fat was wrong, and when I am doing something entirely different now, it doesn't make sense to me.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2008, 08:51:13 AM »
Im not calling you anything! (i did not make that picture and you know that)
Laura made a folder with all ur pictures in it back in the day when you turned ur "Pwning skills" on us
i simply posted it to show you how u looked then is not much different from how u look now
(again i like you and am trying to help)
im making sure to not post the "insulting" pictures of you like ur "naked most muscular"

how sad is that?

seriously...
b

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2008, 08:51:57 AM »

Yep Mike sets a good example for what is possible for a natural with ecto-endo genetics.  Impressive that he never was tempted by the dark side even though he is a fan of the mass monsters.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2008, 08:53:43 AM »
Yep Mike sets a good example for what is possible for a natural with ecto-endo genetics. Impressive that he never was tempted by the dark side even though he is a fan of the mass monsters.
JOKE !  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2008, 08:54:05 AM »
Rob you will never be big and cut unless you juice.  Your best chance of looking good without roids is focusing on your training and reducing your calories to lose the fat that is covering your muscles.  If you want a V-taper you will have to focus more on overhead pushing and pulling and learn how to spread your lats.

I'd like to be 200 pounds and cut.  I think I can do it.  I'm 180 and pretty cut at the moment.  Adding 20 pounds (13 muscle/7 fat) over the next year would be a great accomplishment for me.

I don't want to be 150 pounds and look ripped.  I want to be 200 pounds with a decent waistline.  I never plan to compete.  I just want to add some meat without getting chubby.

Fulgorre

• Getbig III
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2008, 09:02:19 AM »
I'd like to be 200 pounds and cut.  I think I can do it.  I'm 180 and pretty cut at the moment.  Adding 20 pounds (13 muscle/7 fat) over the next year would be a great accomplishment for me.

I don't want to be 150 pounds and look ripped.  I want to be 200 pounds with a decent waistline.  I never plan to compete.  I just want to add some meat without getting chubby.

Are you test and tren 240?  I sure hope so bro.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2008, 09:05:39 AM »
I'd like to be 200 pounds and cut.  I think I can do it.  I'm 180 and pretty cut at the moment.  Adding 20 pounds (13 muscle/7 fat) over the next year would be a great accomplishment for me.

I don't want to be 150 pounds and look ripped.  I want to be 200 pounds with a decent waistline.  I never plan to compete.  I just want to add some meat without getting chubby.

YOU COULD NOT GAIN 13 lbs of muscle even on HRT.  Natural you will be lucky to gain 2 lbs even with all of that bulking, I think .5 lbs of muscle would be more likely.  

You already look chubby by BBing standards.  Why are you fixated on size?  Don't you realize that muscularity is an illusion created by leanness.  Zane competed at 180 and wasn't that much shorter than you.  You are already too heavy.

Also I don't mean any of this as an insult (I harbored similar dillusions myself when I was at 185).  I like you a lot and always enjoy your humor and enthusiasm for the "sport."

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2008, 09:08:17 AM »
I never said anything about your genetics.
I applaud your achievements.
I don't think I will ever compete.
There are risks that come with it which I choose not to do.

I don't understand the animosity.  We disagree about caffeine intake - I think 400 mg per day slows gains.  You disagree.  We disagree about bulking- I feel staying under 15% is way better than going over 25%. 

I'd prefer we debate facts, numbers, and what works and what doesn't  posting old pics to 'give me a cold shot of reality' when I admit getting fat was wrong, and when I am doing something entirely different now, it doesn't make sense to me.

this is what he does now, thinking that nobody will catch on.

i'm glad you are not naive to see that this was his way of slapping you in the face, under the guise of wanting to 'help' you.
b

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2008, 09:20:24 AM »

Can one of the Steroid experts weigh in here and let us know what kind of stack Rob would have to do to make these type of gains?

Thanks,

sS

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2008, 09:25:49 AM »
13 pounds of muscle in a year would only be .25 pounds of muscle per week.

The Coach

« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2008, 09:33:34 AM »
After being stuck at the same bodyweight for the last 18 months, I finally managed to gain some weight.  In the last week, this is what I've changed:

I got a rice cooker and have been eating 2-3 cups of rice daily in addition to regular diet.

I stopped all caffeine and sinus products.  Went from 200 mg per day caff to zero.

I know it's a small victory among the giants here, but I had to tell someone.  I've been stuck at 170-174 for the last 18 months.  Seeing the scale jump to 180- and seeing the abs stay the same - is just awesome.  Anyone else have common fixes for breaking the "can't gain weight despite everything I do" trap?

With the right combination, I could easly put on 10-12.