Author Topic: Troponin Nutrition & MMA?  (Read 11869 times)

The Coach

Re: Troponin Nutrition & MMA?
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2008, 08:25:48 AM »
Those fighters train completely different than bodybuilders. Brock Lenser eats whatever he can because he burns so many calories from training. He eats a cheeseburger, french fries and a coke after training. Advertising "carb cycling" to MMA fighters is horrible advice.

Although I don't agree with it, he won't hurt him unless he's doing this right after every workout. It would benefit him better to have a higher nutritional recovery program than just a "cheeseburger, frys and a coke".

DOGGCRAPP

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2008, 08:46:00 AM »
So, he recommends his fighters to "carb cycle?"

I sponsor fighters out of the North County Fight Club, the very first thing these guys were asking me about in meetings was nutrition nutrition nutrition. Everyone is equaling out now in jui jitsu, wrestling, striking and  fighting styles. People are getting well rounded and the field is evening out. So who is going to take over with everything being equal? Whats the missing link? Nutrition, cardio and being stronger than the guy across from you who has the same fighting skills you do. MMA fighters are seeking out this information for an edge. Its not being forced upon them. I was asked to go to dinner with a UFC fighter who is fighting this weekend in England (which I did)....he wanted to pick my brain on his diet and get it dialed in. This is a huge weakness in MMA fighters right now....they have everything else up to snuff and they are clueless about nutrition. One of the King of the Cage champions is calling me to get his diet dialed in and Justin Harris and I planned previously to make the rounds to his camp when Justin is back out here and we are going to get those guys straightened out. You better get on the boat soon Mark Kerr because the athletes around you are doing everything in their power to turn into machines and they are covering all the bases.

BuffD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2008, 08:49:54 AM »
So say you added in T3 at some point in your prep this isn't something you would discuss with him? It would seem like something he'd want to know. Also wouldn't he want to know if you were on GH? None of this came up ever?
Never said that gear wasn't used but he isn't the one that tells his athletes what to take.  It's our responsibility to let them know what we are doing so the diet can be adjusted to account for it.  They aren't the ones saying take this and this much.  They do only the diet part of it.  Not all trainers do that.  I know others that will do your cycle for you but Trop does not.

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2008, 08:56:57 AM »
I sponsor fighters out of the North County Fight Club, the very first thing these guys were asking me about in meetings was nutrition nutrition nutrition. Everyone is equaling out now in jui jitsu, wrestling, striking and  fighting styles. People are getting well rounded and the field is evening out. So who is going to take over with everything being equal? Whats the missing link? Nutrition, cardio and being stronger than the guy across from you who has the same fighting skills you do. MMA fighters are seeking out this information for an edge. Its not being forced upon them. I was asked to go to dinner with a UFC fighter who is fighting this weekend in England (which I did)....he wanted to pick my brain on his diet and get it dialed in. This is a huge weakness in MMA fighters right now....they have everything else up to snuff and they are clueless about nutrition.

The top MMA fighters have their diets down, and know what works for them. Telling people to cut carbs from such a demanding sport is bad advice. These guys are training for endurance and strenght. You need carbs for that.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2008, 09:05:34 AM »
Never said that gear wasn't used but he isn't the one that tells his athletes what to take.  It's our responsibility to let them know what we are doing so the diet can be adjusted to account for it.  They aren't the ones saying take this and this much.  They do only the diet part of it.  Not all trainers do that.  I know others that will do your cycle for you but Trop does not.

Alright, got it.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2008, 09:06:20 AM »
The top MMA fighters have their diets down, and know what works for them. Telling people to cut carbs from such a demanding sport is bad advice. These guys are training for endurance and strenght. You need carbs for that.

Where did you get that carbs are cut out by Trop or whoever?

DOGGCRAPP

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2008, 09:12:34 AM »

They have their diets down huh? Do you know what the drink of choice for MMA fighters is, due to not knowing any better? MuscleMilk, they take that postworkout, when they want to cut to make weight....on and on...

Do your really think Troponin Nutrition and Shelby are going to have these guys depleted during training sessions? You saw one phrase "carb cycling" and think that Shelby and Justin arent educated enough to make the right choices per training sessions?

DOGGCRAPP

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2008, 09:16:07 AM »
For the record Justin is 2-1 in his fighting career with 2 KO's on the platform.

But thats Trops story and I'll leave that for another day.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2008, 09:18:07 AM »
what happened in the other fight ?  ;D

DOGGCRAPP

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2008, 09:19:47 AM »
Fought a professional boxer, and left with a broken nose, never got knocked out, went the whole distance with a broken nose, but did realize why professional boxers are professional boxers and everyone else isnt.

He theorizes that someone painted EVERLAST on his back before the fight and thats why he got worked like a heavy bag

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2008, 09:20:56 AM »
that pro boxer was probably juicing though. fucking cheater ! susaad!!!dvbs    justin would have kicked his ass

DOGGCRAPP

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2008, 09:22:40 AM »
How come you didnt ask about the 2 mind numbing knockouts he had where he left the guys thinking Reagan was president and ice cream tastes like spinach?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2008, 09:23:25 AM »
"giving credit where credit is due" is not fun, dc !

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2008, 09:33:03 AM »
They have their diets down huh? Do you know what the drink of choice for MMA fighters is, due to not knowing any better? MuscleMilk, they take that postworkout, when they want to cut to make weight....on and on...

Do your really think Troponin Nutrition and Shelby are going to have these guys depleted during training sessions? You saw one phrase "carb cycling" and think that Shelby and Justin arent educated enough to make the right choices per training sessions?

Thanks for the clarification. So, these MMA fighters will only be "cycling carbs" for the 4 weeks out of the year when they are not training. I understand now. ::)

troponin

• Getbig III
  • www.troponinnutrition.com
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2008, 09:35:49 AM »
Telling people to cut carbs from such a demanding sport is bad advice. These guys are training for endurance and strenght. You need carbs for that.

I don't think you have read much on our carb cycling approach.  
We don't do low carb diets.  
I routinely have people go up between 1,000g and 1,500g of carbs in a day.  
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2008, 09:36:26 AM »

not natural people i'm sure.

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2008, 09:37:29 AM »
Fought a professional boxer, and left with a broken nose, never got knocked out, went the whole distance with a broken nose, but did realize why professional boxers are professional boxers and everyone else isnt.

He theorizes that someone painted EVERLAST on his back before the fight and thats why he got worked like a heavy bag

I'm pretty sure the "no knockout" was because he enjoyed smashing my face in too much to end the fight.
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2008, 09:43:49 AM »

Justin, I don't think these athletes (MMA fighters) are looking to become bloated. A lot of these guy's are also natural.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2008, 09:44:36 AM »
they are all hormonised to some extend.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2008, 09:45:47 AM »
they are all hormonised to some extend.
   :D

The Coach

« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2008, 09:50:54 AM »

The majority don't.

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2008, 12:22:46 PM »
Justin, I don't think these athletes (MMA fighters) are looking to become bloated. A lot of these guy's are also natural.

where u from mark?

toolarge4u

• Getbig III
  • Handicap stall is for dips you dicksock
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2008, 12:27:27 PM »
god forbid justin trys to make money...

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2008, 04:28:11 PM »

Let me get this straight. 

Low carbs = bad
high carbs = bad
carb cycling = bad
Cheeseburger, Fries, Coke = good

Anything I've left out?
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2008, 04:33:50 PM »
Depends on the sport. Everyone knows fats and 'heavy' foods in general help strength. Are you going to feel stronger eating a fatty steak with fries or chicken and broccoli? I don't know shit about fighting but I know I would rather eat a crap meal before a strenuous activity than a very 'clean' meal.

sorry van...but you just hit a nerve with this one!

Gotta STRONGLY disagree with you here
just not good enough