Author Topic: The USA is the best country in the world to live in...if....  (Read 19568 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
You are filthy rich; dental costs, health care, etc, make life rather unaffordable for the disappearing middle class and many poor.

Discuss....
I hate the State.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: The USA is the best country in the world to live in...if....
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 01:39:37 AM »
You are filthy rich; dental costs, health care, etc, make life rather unaffordable for the disappearing middle class and many poor.

Discuss....
there are two kinds of people in America.  The rich and those who think they'll get rich.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 03:56:17 AM »
there are two kinds of people in America.  The rich and those who think they'll get rich.

I think you are on to something there...glad I don't live there; I will never be rich.
I hate the State.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 04:22:56 AM »

Don't feel bad, that's pretty much every developed nation. I've talked with many broke asses who will seriously tell me how they will be buying some mansion and other such nonsense.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 06:17:11 AM »
People that complain of the american standard of living need to spend 2 days in a second or 3rd world country..

they'll kiss the ground when they return >:(
carpe` vaginum!

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 07:22:58 AM »

Discuss....

Ahh, another person who has never lived in America trying to affirm himself on who can live here. I hate to break it to you, but a lot of middle-class Americans live comfortably here. Bitter that you're poor in Europe or Canada?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 07:42:26 AM »

correct.

i'd live in the USA over any country in the world.  Things are bleak at the moment, but remember in the 80s, it was the same mindset.  In 1st grade we did nuke bomb drills where were went to the school's basement cafeteria and hid our heads under our hands.  After all, we all know that covering your head prevents nuke fallout from hurting you.  Our local newspaper - i remember to this DAY - in 1983 ran an article on "what would happen if a bomb hit..." and used a local bridge to show who would be killed in 5 miles, 10 miles, 15 miles... along with how fast you'd die, etc etc.

It was some serious fearmongering.  We had MAD with russia, and there was no way they were going to trade nukes in 1983.  But I bet Reagan was able to get $ for the other things he wanted to do then, under the guise of 'fighting communism so bombs don't hit bridges in your town.

So funny.  I must have been in 2nd grade.  I stared at that newspaper article for hours.  I was so concerned.  Why would they print that shit? lol...

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 08:42:36 AM »
Ahh, another person who has never lived in America trying to affirm himself on who can live here. I hate to break it to you, but a lot of middle-class Americans live comfortably here. Bitter that you're poor in Europe or Canada?

Haha. I grew up in the USA; in its most important city.

I am quite happy that I am not going broke due to health insurance costs, thank you.

Another American wholly ignorant of the rest of the world. ::)
I hate the State.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 08:43:39 AM »
Haha. I grew up in the USA; in its most important city.

I am quite happy that I am not going broke due to health insurance costs, thank you.

Another American wholly ignorant of the rest of the world. ::)

Another poor person that had to leave America and thinks he's the authority on how all of its citizens live.  ::)

Hate to break it to you, but cities like London and other parts of Europe are more expensive to live in than America.  :D

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2008, 08:44:23 AM »
correct.

i'd live in the USA over any country in the world.  Things are bleak at the moment, but remember in the 80s, it was the same mindset.  In 1st grade we did nuke bomb drills where were went to the school's basement cafeteria and hid our heads under our hands.  After all, we all know that covering your head prevents nuke fallout from hurting you.  Our local newspaper - i remember to this DAY - in 1983 ran an article on "what would happen if a bomb hit..." and used a local bridge to show who would be killed in 5 miles, 10 miles, 15 miles... along with how fast you'd die, etc etc.

It was some serious fearmongering.  We had MAD with russia, and there was no way they were going to trade nukes in 1983.  But I bet Reagan was able to get $ for the other things he wanted to do then, under the guise of 'fighting communism so bombs don't hit bridges in your town.

So funny.  I must have been in 2nd grade.  I stared at that newspaper article for hours.  I was so concerned.  Why would they print that shit? lol...

Why do you say that 240?
I hate the State.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2008, 08:49:23 AM »
Why do you say that 240?

you said it yourself that you are having a hard time finding medical docs in s korea, didn't you?

I pay 146 a month for great health insurance self-employed.  It's not that bad here.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2008, 08:52:27 AM »
Another poor person that had to leave America and thinks he's the authority on how all of its citizens live.  ::)

Hate to break it to you, but cities like London and other parts of Europe are more expensive to live in than America.  :D

London is a very expensive city. Berlin is dirt cheap and fantastic.

If you live in the middle of nowhere in the midwest, then sure it's cheap but NYC is the most expensive city in North America and frankly, one of the few cities even worth living in the USA.

I didn't have to leave the USA. I chose to do so. Better work opportunities outside of the USA.

How often have you left the USA?
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2008, 08:56:11 AM »
you said it yourself that you are having a hard time finding medical docs in s korea, didn't you?

I pay 146 a month for great health insurance self-employed.  It's not that bad here.

I did but after I found one I pay 50 bucks for sleep meds that I would pay 400 bucks for in the states.

S.Korea is a horrible example. It is a shithole. I am here to leech the money from these farmers and get the fuck out.

Western Europe is where I like to live; I am just on hiatus here. In 2 months time I'll be in the UK for a while.
I hate the State.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2008, 09:04:08 AM »
  Deicide, you're as gay as the band you're named after. Some of us like living here in America because, as PF said, we have it much better than many others.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2008, 09:06:10 AM »
  Deicide, you're as gay as the band you're named after. Some of us like living here in America because, as PF said, we have it much better than many others.

I am not named after a band. It is a coincidence. My name has everything to do with my opposition to religion. Much better than many others; much better than Western Europeans?
I hate the State.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2008, 09:34:23 AM »
How often have you left the USA?

This is no diss on anyone here, but most that are convinced there nation stands head and shoulders above the rest in standard of living have usually barely traveled. Even traveling to like 10 nations hardly helps, and some haven't even done that. It's not just an American thing, I've heard Australians, Brits, French, Mine and other rich islands here insist it. Normally they've never left their country and have zero clue. I've heard so many say daft things like their nation is best as they get a pension - FFS all developed nations do that ::)

All the first world is fab, offers great standard of living, just with differences. The free health in UK is great, US better weather. Free health and low crime in Oz is great, but US so much cheaper it's not a joke. We're tax free so economically it's great, but US/UK/Oz kill us on amenities. I could go on. Comes to preference really, and all 1st world people are lucky not to be in 2nd or 3rd and should not complain like Tox said.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2008, 09:44:25 AM »
This is no diss on anyone here, but most that are convinced there nation stands head and shoulders above the rest in standard of living have usually barely traveled. Even traveling to like 10 nations hardly helps, and some haven't even done that. It's not just an American thing, I've heard Australians, Brits, French, Mine and other rich islands here insist it. Normally they've never left their country and have zero clue. I've heard so many say daft things like their nation is best as they get a pension - FFS all developed nations do that ::)

All the first world is fab, offers great standard of living, just with differences. The free health in UK is great, US better weather. Free health and low crime in Oz is great, but US so much cheaper it's not a joke. We're tax free so economically it's great, but US/UK/Oz kill us on amenities. I could go on. Comes to preference really, and all 1st world people are lucky not to be in 2nd or 3rd and should not complain like Tox said.

South Korea is a 2nd world dunghole.
I hate the State.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2008, 09:50:03 AM »
South Korea is a 2nd world dunghole.

So I've heard. An interesting place to have lived, what took you there if I may ask?

For some wacko reason in my youth I moved to a 2nd world nation for a year. My co-workers were under strict instructions if I got sick, get me on a plane do not take me to any hospital whatsoever, and I was serious. Interesting times, but quite brutal really.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2008, 09:52:20 AM »
So I've heard. An interesting place to have lived, what took you there if I may ask?

For some wacko reason in my youth I moved to a 2nd world nation for a year. My co-workers were under strict instructions if I got sick, get me on a plane do not take me to any hospital whatsoever, and I was serious. Interesting times, but quite brutal really.

To have lived. Haha, I am still stuck here on contract. I am done in less than 2 months though. Thank Zeus. Money. I am here for money and then these dirty ass farmers can rot away in their tiny little world for all I care.

Koreans are basically farmers with too much technology.
I hate the State.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2008, 09:53:30 AM »
To have lived. Haha, I am still stuck here on contract. I am done in less than 2 months though. Thank Zeus. Money. I am here for money and then these dirty ass farmers can rot away in their tiny little world for all I care.

Koreans are basically farmers with too much technology.

Oh, thanks. Stay strong and recall time is passing ;D

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2008, 09:55:36 AM »
Oh, thanks. Stay strong and recall time is passing ;D

I am doing my best. I will be flying back to Germany where I lived for several years and relaxng for a while and then its on to the UK for further education. May Korea fuck itself; I hope I never have to come here again. I fucking hate this place.
I hate the State.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2008, 10:28:55 AM »

Discuss....

So the reason you left and rag on America is you couldn't make enough money to live a decent life?  Sucks for you.  Perhaps you should have modeled yourself after the countless immigrants who came here with nothing and made a great life for themselves.

But it's probably better that people like you leave anyway. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2008, 10:29:38 AM »
People that complain of the american standard of living need to spend 2 days in a second or 3rd world country..

they'll kiss the ground when they return >:(

I agree.   :o

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2008, 10:37:27 AM »
So the reason you left and rag on America is you couldn't make enough money to live a decent life?  Sucks for you.  Perhaps you should have modeled yourself after the countless immigrants who came here with nothing and made a great life for themselves.

But it's probably better that people like you leave anyway. 

No, idiot, I was living in Europe for 10 years before I came to Korea. I can save 20k a year here; I can't do that in Europe or in the USA. Can you? I am saving for my education Beach Buffoon.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2008, 10:39:01 AM »
I agree.   :o

Says the bible thumping moron who never leaves his volcanic island.  ::)
I hate the State.