Author Topic: Kamali seems like a changed man since the birth of his daughter  (Read 14656 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
I've noticed how the tone of Kamali's artciles in MM have calmed down a lot.  He seems more humble in himself and less criticle of others.  His change in attitude seems to have happened with the birth of his daughter.  I think fatherhood has made him look at BB differently and that the contest isn't really him against others but it's doing the best that you can do yourself.  Props to the guy for growing up a lot in the past while and not getting into some of those crap issues that he has in the past.

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
Re: Kamali seems like a changed man since the birth of his daughter
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 12:30:15 PM »
Agreed. 8)

dustin

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 03:27:57 PM »
But he's still better than everyone else in the world, correct??? That does mean we shouldn't criticize him on the forum... with our pens and pencils as he so eloquently attacked us... :D

That's cool if he has mellowed out. He needed a serious fucking attitude adjustment. He can be an intelligent man when he lets himself. Often times his "holier than thou" attitude just drove more and more nails in his coffin though. I wouldn't be surprised if people didn't give a shit. But I for one am optimistic. Can't go through life bein' sour grapes. :)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 07:11:07 PM »
He's still the same, a leopard doesn't change it's spots. Because he has since the birth of his daughter, still acted like a pompous idiot. And yeah, his marriage is destined to end in a few years, once the girl gets older and his wife get older.
Some may view this as a negative post, but I for one, am curious as to what makes you think someone cannot change?

I don't know Kamali personally, and a couple people I talk to at the gym said he was rude, however he was training, so maybe he was short because of that.

Regardless, he is making an effort here to come back and start posting again and as long as he is positive, he is welcome here, you on the other hand, with your negative attitude....may be on thin ice. ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 07:24:51 PM »
Some may view this as a negative post, but I for one, am curious as to what makes you think someone cannot change?

I don't know Kamali personally, and a couple people I talk to at the gym said he was rude, however he was training, so maybe he was short because of that.

Regardless, he is making an effort here to come back and start posting again and as long as he is positive, he is welcome here, you on the other hand, with your negative attitude....may be on thin ice. ;)

Hey Chaos, since yor a mod I will give you an honest answer and not because King and I are friends. I have NEVER seen him be rude to anyone. He always has time even when he is a a competition to sign an autograph, get his picture taken and talk to anyone. So when you hear that "someone" said that he was rude don't put much stock in it. Remember that this is Getbig, a fictitious land where 99% of the posters are not real.  :D

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 07:30:53 PM »
Hey Chaos, since yor a mod I will give you an honest answer and not because King and I are friends. I have NEVER seen him be rude to anyone. He always has time even when he is a a competition to sign an autograph, get his picture taken and talk to anyone. So when you hear that "someone" said that he was rude don't put much stock in it. Remember that this is Getbig, a fictitious land where 99% of the posters are not real:D

i was once considered a ghost  :)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 07:33:31 PM »
i was once considered a ghost  :)

and now?

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 07:37:43 PM »
and now?

Now im not, did a bad move, thats why i am now in getbig.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 07:40:02 PM »
Hey Chaos, since yor a mod I will give you an honest answer and not because King and I are friends. I have NEVER seen him be rude to anyone. He always has time even when he is a a competition to sign an autograph, get his picture taken and talk to anyone. So when you hear that "someone" said that he was rude don't put much stock in it. Remember that this is Getbig, a fictitious land where 99% of the posters are not real.  :D
AAAAAAAHHHHHH, you.......well this experience happened in Koloseum, so it's not an internet thing, I wasn't there so I don't know details, but two guys told me he kind of brushed them off when they approached him (at different times)......like I said he was training so, to me, they should have waited until he was done.

I haven't had an personal experience with him, so this is all heresay.....he could be the nicest guy in the world, I haven't met him.  8)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 07:52:26 PM »
AAAAAAAHHHHHH, you.......well this experience happened in Koloseum, so it's not an internet thing, I wasn't there so I don't know details, but two guys told me he kind of brushed them off when they approached him (at different times)......like I said he was training so, to me, they should have waited until he was done.

I haven't had an personal experience with him, so this is all heresay.....he could be the nicest guy in the world, I haven't met him.  8)

Personally I think that it's not a good idea to approach anyone a couple of days out from s show while they are training. I would most likely tell them (politley) to let me train and not talk to me so yeah we agree. I'm just saying that I have seen him at shows and he was the only guy who would stick around to talk to his fans.

Here a little story for all of you. Back in 2006 at the Montreal Pro Show going into the evening show King was talking abou how he couldn't wait to get out of there so he could eat and get some sleep. By the end of the show I was also wanting to get the hell out of there. Just being there all day is tiring. Anyway, after the show king grabbed his stuff and as we were walking out he said he wanted to sign some pics for his fans. So much for getting back early.  ;D but I figured nothing wrong with making some cash and seeing the fans. He went up to one of the vendors and asked if he could sit at one of  the tables. King ended up signing rougly 50 color pics for fans and gave them out for free. I think he sold about 5 DVDs and this took about an hour. He was the only guy who stayed to do this, not that anyone else is obligated to do this, but from the way guys talk about him on here you would  he would be the last guy you would think woul do this.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 07:55:09 PM »
Personally I think that it's not a good idea to approach anyone a couple of days out from s show while they are training. I would most likely tell them (politley) to let me train and not talk to me so yeah we agree. I'm just saying that I have seen him at shows and he was the only guy who would stick around to talk to his fans.

Here a little story for all of you. Back in 2006 at the Montreal Pro Show going into the evening show King was talking abou how he couldn't wait to get out of there so he could eat and get some sleep. By the end of the show I was also wanting to get the hell out of there. Just being there all day is tiring. Anyway, after the show king grabbed his stuff and as we were walking out he said he wanted to sign some pics for his fans. So much for getting back early.  ;D but I figured nothing wrong with making some cash and seeing the fans. He went up to one of the vendors and asked if he could sit at one of  the tables. King ended up signing rougly 50 color pics for fans and gave them out for free. I think he sold about 5 DVDs and this took about an hour. He was the only guy who stayed to do this, not that anyone else is obligated to do this, but from the way guys talk about him on here you would  he would be the last guy you would think woul do this.
Well see if you can get him back here posting a bit more often in The Positive Board and he can show us all what a nice guy he is.

He should probably stay off the G&O though, those guys are assholes ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 08:00:23 PM »
Well see if you can get him back here posting a bit more often in The Positive Board and he can show us all what a nice guy he is.

He should probably stay off the G&O though, those guys are assholes ;D

I'll mention it to him. I' msure he wouldn't mind popping in once in a while. I don't think tha he will be posing on the G%O board anytime soon. He's still consulting with his lawyer about suing Rob.  ;D

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 08:09:11 PM »
btw
who are you disgusted? bodybuilder or? serious question since i missed the part when you were introduced

dustin

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 10:31:01 PM »
I think it's just because paper and electronics are such faceless mediums... some people speak their mind which is cool, if done respectfully. Others talk shit. I can get vocal too, and when I read my posts after I "LOL" because of how much I spaz out. I don't care though, I don't come and apologize, I just tell people I don't give a shit, sometimes I may actually say sorry and just laugh it off.

Then you've got other guys who make death threats and take this shit seriously... those dudes need to chill out. I think the King's a little like myself. If someone takes this shit REAL seriously, they need to have their head checked and their baby bottles warmed up. I would sit down with King, talk a little bodybuilding and enjoy a peanut butter and jelly sandywag with no hostility. At the end of the day, I'm sure he's a decent enough guy. At least he's not selling fake GH or ratting on people. He just calls it like he sees it and doesn't give a shit. I make fun of him all the time but if I were in his position, I'd probably act the same (online at least - I've also heard that fans with the cojones to talk to him IRL meet a kinder King).

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 11:06:58 PM »
I think it's just because paper and electronics are such faceless mediums... some people speak their mind which is cool, if done respectfully. Others talk shit. I can get vocal too, and when I read my posts after I "LOL" because of how much I spaz out. I don't care though, I don't come and apologize, I just tell people I don't give a shit, sometimes I may actually say sorry and just laugh it off.

Then you've got other guys who make death threats and take this shit seriously... those dudes need to chill out. I think the King's a little like myself. If someone takes this shit REAL seriously, they need to have their head checked and their baby bottles warmed up. I would sit down with King, talk a little bodybuilding and enjoy a peanut butter and jelly sandywag with no hostility. At the end of the day, I'm sure he's a decent enough guy. At least he's not selling fake GH or ratting on people. He just calls it like he sees it and doesn't give a shit. I make fun of him all the time but if I were in his position, I'd probably act the same (online at least - I've also heard that fans with the cojones to talk to him IRL meet a kinder King).

What kind of jelly do you prefer?

dustin

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 11:20:38 PM »
What kind of jelly do you prefer?

Doesn't matter. With jelly or without jelly. Some prefer syrup... :o

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 11:22:22 PM »
Doesn't matter. With jelly or without jelly. Some prefer syrup... :o

Peanut Butter and syrup?  ???  :-X

dustin

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 11:26:08 PM »

Peanut Butter and syrup?  ???  :-X

Sorry lol... I thought you were alluding to this video. :D

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 11:34:16 PM »
Sorry lol... I thought you were alluding to this video. :D

Thank you for that clarification.  :-X and thanks for ruining my taste for jelly forever.  >:(

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2008, 11:36:54 PM »
"its just like a pussy, the only difference is, its clean"

WOW that has to be the quote of the year.

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • http://www.milossarcev.com
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2008, 09:56:17 AM »
Kamali is a changed man...A really GOOD MAN, passionate about EVERYTHING IN LIFE that matters to him...
And he is unbelievably driven person whom I learned to admire and respect.

We had our differences - as we didn't know each other...and that is the problem many of you guys here have...
If you know each other - you would probably all ge along instead of "F-OFFing" everyone just for saying hello....

I used to refuse to call Kamali a "King"...calling him any fanny name I could come up with (Camel King was my favorite - as Camel in my language is: Kamila...) but as you probably noticed by now - I am calling him - what he is...A KING!

Hey King of all Camels - how is your...well...a...Camel Toe? ;D

El_Pajero

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2008, 09:59:28 AM »
He is a great father.

dustin

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2008, 10:18:04 AM »
At least in real life, if someone claims to be a changed person I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Life is a lot more relaxing when you don't hold grudges. But if someone goes back on their word or demonstrates otherwise, I cut them right off. I will waste no more energy with that individual, positive or negative. Just not worth it.

If Milos can step up to the plate and say that they've dropped their beef, that's admirable if it's true. He's got a child now so I certainly hope he's not preoccupied by arguing with fucks on message boards and shitting his pants in a whiny fury in the mags. I wish him, his wife and his new child all the best, even if he's still an asshole lol

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2008, 05:17:41 PM »
i agree

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2008, 04:41:07 AM »
I met King at the Eastern USA a few years ago..................rea l cool guy!!

He shot the shit with me,we took a couple pics,and gave me a free autographed 8 x 10.

The reason he acted like he did on here is because he got too much shit from trolls...............any one would get pissed at some of the comments that were directed to him.