Author Topic: Ok... Seriously... The board is MMA, so...  (Read 12384 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Ok... Seriously... The board is MMA, so...
« on: August 07, 2008, 02:46:44 PM »
Should we change the description of it?

Current description:

Discussion on anything that goes with mixed martial arts.

New description:

Discussion on UFC, mixed martial arts, boxing, kickboxing, Ju Jitsu, submission wrestling and fighting in general.

Any ideas..

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: Ok... Seriously... The board is MMA, so...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 02:50:50 PM »
 8)

Z

TheIronWarrior

• Getbig II
  • Do you know Meecho?
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 02:55:32 PM »
I believe by opening the board up to a more MMA/Combat style of discussion, then there will be more of a variety. I appreciate the way the MMA board is setup right now, and have no qualms if it is modified.

Everything welcome minus unorthodox styles (ie. street fights, back yard brawls, knife fights, et. al.)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 03:12:04 PM »

Current description:

New description:

Discussion on UFC, mixed martial arts, boxing, kickboxing, Ju Jitsu, submission wrestling and fighting in general.

Any ideas..

Yeah, de-mod Bluto, Ron. No one else has a problem with boxing and everything else being in here. Why don't you stop appeasing the little kid and listen to what 99.99% of the people who post here want? You still avoid giving an explanation as to why you gave ChuteBoxe's mod spot to Bluto, when no one here wanted that. Gave in to his incessant pm's?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 03:30:16 PM »
I'm no big fan of long descriptions, how about renaming the board

Fight Club

with the description

Discussion on Mixed Martial Arts & other combat sports
Z

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 03:32:11 PM »
I'm no big fan of long descriptions, how about renaming the board

Fight Club

with the description

Discussion on Mixed Martial Arts & other combat sports

How about de-modding you and putting in a mod the posters actually want. Not some kid playing pretend while turning this board into the shithole it is today.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 03:36:18 PM »
How about de-modding you and putting in a mod the posters actually want. Not some kid playing pretend while turning this board into the shithole it is today.

Easy tiger, it's only the Internet.
Z

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 03:42:41 PM »
Easy tiger, it's only the Internet.

Then you should have no problem giving up your moderator spot. It is only the internet, after all.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 05:11:01 PM »

Current description:

New description:

Any ideas..

If you called it the "Combat Sports" board, it would encompass everything you listed.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 08:28:48 PM »

Agreed, this wouldnt be an issue if Bluto hadn't started changing perfectly fine thread titles, posts, threatening to ban posters, and starting arguments with numerous people that he normally loses.  Before, nobody ever had a problem with any of this until he made it a problem. 
Predictions
 40/61

BIG_O

• Getbig IV
  • Assumptions are the mother of all Fuck-ups.
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 08:50:41 PM »
Agreed, this wouldnt be an issue if Bluto hadn't started changing perfectly fine thread titles, posts, threatening to ban posters, and starting arguments with numerous people that he normally loses.  Before, nobody ever had a problem with any of this until he made it a problem. 

Agreed bro. I used to moderate old board 3 for years back before we had this new layout and not once did I ever insult anyone or use my status in a negative way. A Moderator is someone who is held in high regard and tries to take an unbiased approach to the topic at hand. Bluto is one of the worst Moderators I have ever seen in the 10 years I have been on this board or others I belong too.

I VTB him.

There is nothing wrong with the name of the board.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 09:02:16 PM »
Agreed bro. I used to moderate old board 3 for years back before we had this new layout and not once did I ever insult anyone or use my status in a negative way. A Moderator is someone who is held in high regard and tries to take an unbiased approach to the topic at hand. Bluto is one of the worst Moderators I have ever seen in the 10 years I have been on this board or others I belong too.

I VTB him.

There is nothing wrong with the name of the board.

Agreed Ron, I don't think you should have to do shit to the board. Who cares if the board says the punching kicking submission board? We all know what gets talked about down here, it is FIGHTING! Wether it be UFC, K-1, WEC, XFS, Pride, Affliction, or the fucking WBA champions. It's all relavent to fighting. That's why we talk on this board, because we enjoy watching, training, or straight up think were tough guys. Bluto just has to always start shit, hence why he wouldn't allow a boxing thread to stay on here. REALLY, IS IT THAT SERIOUS? Ron this should just prove what so many of us have been saying, bluto is here just to start shit and is very unknowledgeable  when it comes to what is talked about on this board. IMHO, I am sure there will be more that speak there opinion on how there are many others who would do a much better justice to this board, over Bluto.

BIG_O

• Getbig IV
  • Assumptions are the mother of all Fuck-ups.
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 09:12:27 PM »
Agreed Ron, I don't think you should have to do shit to the board. Who cares if the board says the punching kicking submission board? We all know what gets talked about down here, it is FIGHTING! Wether it be UFC, K-1, WEC, XFS, Pride, Affliction, or the fucking WBA champions. It's all relavent to fighting. That's why we talk on this board, because we enjoy watching, training, or straight up think were tough guys. Bluto just has to always start shit, hence why he wouldn't allow a boxing thread to stay on here. REALLY, IS IT THAT SERIOUS? Ron this should just prove what so many of us have been saying, bluto is here just to start shit and is very unknowledgeable  when it comes to what is talked about on this board. IMHO, I am sure there will be more that speak there opinion on how there are many others who would do a much better justice to this board, over Bluto.

Very well said bro. I agree with you 100 percent.............

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 09:32:26 PM »

Here's what Bluto PM'ed me with

I've done it all, name one person that's done more - hell I can do better than that - you can combine 20 persons and I'll still come out on top.

he 's been melting down pretty badly since his mod status has been challenged by practically all of the MMA board

Replace him with someone who actually understands MMA and running a board
He's done nothing but troll here

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 09:34:15 PM »

Here's what Bluto PM'ed me with

I've done it all, name one person that's done more - hell I can do better than that - you can combine 20 persons and I'll still come out on top.

he 's been melting down pretty badly since his mod status has been challenged by practically all of the MMA board

Replace him with someone who actually understands MMA and running a board
He's done nothing but troll here

Mod power is not power, it's the fact that you enjoy the board and want to take the time to regulate it and help it continue to thrive. Bluto keeps it running by pissing everyone off and posting stupid irrelevant shit, like his picture of fight club? What the fuck does that do to contribute to the conversation?

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 09:42:50 PM »
Mod power is not power, it's the fact that you enjoy the board and want to take the time to regulate it and help it continue to thrive. Bluto keeps it running by pissing everyone off and posting stupid irrelevant shit, like his picture of fight club? What the fuck does that do to contribute to the conversation?

He thinks that by provoking the board with some lameass comment he's helping it grow. It shows how truly immature and troll-like he is.

He's not interested in stimulating a discussion or analysis - he just wants throw around dumbass comments that do nothing but irritate REAL fans of MMA.

I'm glad Ron wants to step in and improve the board
Step 1- kick out the troll that is bluto

The majority has spoken- bluto sucks and blows :D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 11:36:41 PM »
Yea Ron you should get rid of Bluto.  You can see he isn't very well liked here.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2008, 02:02:51 AM »
Then you should have no problem giving up your moderator spot. It is only the internet, after all.

Remember who you're talking too buddy. ;D

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2008, 02:59:02 AM »

I haven't changed either titles or posts. Ron can verifiy this. Sincity has though. He altered posts and deleted posts. But you being a hypocrite have of course nothing to say about that because he's your "buddy".
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2008, 03:01:50 AM »
A Moderator is someone who is held in high regard and tries to take an unbiased approach to the topic at hand.

I disagree. As moderators we don't have to be unbiased, both me and MindSpin have our favorites when it comes to fighters etc. Just as Hedgehog and mods on the G&0 have theirs when it comes to bodybuilding.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2008, 03:05:53 AM »
Bluto keeps it running by pissing everyone off and posting stupid irrelevant shit, like his picture of fight club? What the fuck does that do to contribute to the conversation?

It wasn't irrelevant. It was a picture used to illustrated the suggestion of a name change along with a new description for the board, as requested by Ron.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2008, 03:38:32 AM »
Let's try sticking to the subject here.

Feel free to post any suggestions of a new name change and/or description.
Z

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2008, 03:59:18 AM »
I haven't changed either titles or posts. Check with Ron if you don't believe me. Sincity has though. He altered posts and deleted posts. But you being a hypocrite have of course nothing to say about that because he's your "buddy".

One recent example, who changed my "Boxing or K-1?"  thread title to, "Is boxing a part of MMA ?"  I know it sure as hell wasn't me.  Why are you trying to pass the blame now that it's apparent that many people have a problem with you and the way you conduct yourself here and the way you unintellegently approach the subject of combative sports?  This isn't the first time you do this, you do a shitty job, a bunch  of people complain, then Ron shows up and all of the sudden you get a halo around your head and try to act as if you've done nothing wrong.
Predictions
 40/61

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2008, 04:24:35 AM »
One recent example, who changed my "Boxing or K-1?"  thread title to, "Is boxing a part of MMA ?"  I know it sure as hell wasn't me. 

Wasn't me either. I can ask Ron about it when he gets back from Tampa.
Z

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2008, 04:26:39 AM »
Wasn't me either. I can ask Ron about it when he gets back from Tampa.

Hah ha ha

Bluto is now cornered and is now trying to exonerate himself.
Epic multiple posts to justify yourself- Blut-owned
 :D