Author Topic: DNC Chair Fowler and Moore admit they are delighted as hurricane heads for US  (Read 12430 times)

youandme

• Getbig V
Update DNC Chair Michael Fowler has also expressed similiar views to Moore while on a flight

"The hurricane is going to hit Monday (chuckles)..."

Further proof a large majority of Democrats want this country to fail.

The Hurricane will not only destroy people's homes, and lives but also wreck havoc on the economy as many oil pipelines and offshore oil rigs will be destroyed, and jobs lost.

Michael Moore: Hurricane Coming During GOP Convention 'Proof There Is a God in Heaven'
Controversial filmmaker admits he's delighted to see a natural disaster potentially interfere with the Republican event.

By Jeff Poor
Business & Media Institute
8/30/2008 12:13:18 AM

Sometime you really have wonder at what cost some are willing to see their political ideology advanced.

To liberal documentary filmmaker Michael Moore, the bounds are seemingly endless. Moore has made a recent career out of attacking President George W. Bush, bashing conservatives and criticizing business. His latest outrage occurred on MSNBC’s August 29 “Countdown with Keith Olbermann” and when he commented about the coincidental timing of an unfortunate disaster – the potential for Hurricane Gustav to make landfall at the beginning of the Republican National Convention in St. Paul, Minn.

“I was just thinking, this Gustav is proof that there is a God in heaven,” Moore said, laughing. “To have it planned at the same time – that it would actually be on its way to New Orleans for day one of the Republican Convention, up in the Twin Cities – at the top of the Mississippi River.”

After that comment, Moore backed off a bit and did say he hoped nobody got hurt and he hoped everybody is taking cover. However, he failed to make note of the $43.625 billion in damage the last hurricane to strike New Orleans caused – Hurricane Katrina in 2005 – and the billions of dollars the storm cost taxpayers.

Moore also took the opportunity to take a dig at President George W. Bush and the presumptive Republican presidential nominee Sen. John McCain.

“I can’t see what you showed,” Moore said to “Countdown” host Keith Olbermann about a video clip including Bush and Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz. celebrating McCain’s birthday. “I don’t know if you showed the cake there that they had there, three years ago today – with McCain and Bush. When Marie Antoinette – when she said, ‘Let them eat cake,’ I think she was speaking figuratively. They literally were while New Orleans was drowning – eating cake. So, it’s, um, I don’t know – let’s hope things get better.”

Olbermann, whose opinions tend to fall on the same far left end of the ideological spectrum as Moore, said it was even weirder than Moore observed. Olbermann said “one of” Focus on the Family preachers connected to Chairman Dr. James Dobson’s was allegedly calling for everyone to pray for rain during Sen. Barack Obama’s Democratic convention speech.

Moore told Olbermann he feared McCain would continue the wars that we are in and would start a new one with Iran. He defended Iran’s aggressive tactic with nuclear weapons by suggesting that if Iran invaded Mexico and Canada, as we had with Iraq and Afghanistan, even he and Olbermann would “build whatever we could do defend ourselves.”

Both Olbermann and Moore were full of praise for Obama’s speech and Moore chalked McCain’s selection of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin to cynicism on part of the Republican Party.

Moore has been a crusader for socialized health care in the United States, especially with his 2007 documentary “SiCKO.” Moore depicted the health care systems used in Canada, France, the United Kingdom and the communist nation of Cuba as what the United States should have – an expensive taxpayer-funded health care system.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
So.... let me see if I understand this.

God is punishing the Republicans AND killing innocent people and wiping our their homes and businesses?

He is an angry god. CROM!!!

youandme

• Getbig V
So Democrats now find this funny, since the Katrina anniversary just so happens to be the same week of the RNC.... Moore and other democrats that think like this are "SICKOS"

A

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Further proof a large majority of Democrats want this country to fail.

Michael Moore is the voice of the majority of democrats?  ::)

Did he get elected to this title?

Or is it more sucker pulp for the easily manipulated?

Cardfan

• Getbig III
Everyone knows that Republicans are responsible for natural disasters.  ::) Why would they plan their next hurricane on the eve of their convention?

youandme

• Getbig V
Michael Moore is the voice of the majority of democrats?  ::)

Large majority of democrats on this board, yes!

ooohhh... This is good, God ruin the day? 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Everyone knows that Republicans are responsible for natural disasters.  ::) Why would they plan their next hurricane on the eve of their convention?

Because like everything else the Republicans have done in the past 8 yrs, ...they've screwed it up.
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
youandme, do you understand the concept of irony?  Not...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

you lose your point in the other thread, end up looking like a jackass so you try to repaint the picture and quote me as one praising god doing this.  You are such a fucking idiot.

I guess since we have morons here like youandme, I have to explain shit where most normal people would get it.  Remember after Katrina, certain radical Christians said the hurricane was god's wrath and blamed gays among other people.  By their account, the timing of the hurricane was also god's doing because there was some gay festival or some shit.  This thread was to mock these far right religious nuts.  The question was, would they dare to assign their radical beliefs similarly where the RNC is faced with a hurricane ruining the party.  Not to mention the asshate from Dobbson's crowd that prayed for the DNC to be rained out.  Of course everyone with half a brain got this while it appears youandme is running on empty and thinks we were taking up the role of the radical right nuts and looking at the hurricane as a blessing from god.  Seriously youandme, when you're this fucking off base, you should really apologize...

When you hear dems or liberals doing this, they're playing the irony of the situation created by the lunitic rightwing fringe and calling out the idiot christian extremists who have been doing the same thing.  How the fuck can this go over your head youandme, are you really this fucking stupid?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Rush Limbaugh was "Dreaming of riots in Denver".

I don't remember you being so critical of him, youandme.

Now that some idiot like Moore from the left comesout and says it, you are suddenly offended.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
So.... let me see if I understand this.

God is punishing the Republicans AND killing innocent people and wiping our their homes and businesses?

He is an angry god. CROM!!!

I hope you read my post above, youandme is absolutely full of shit on this with the point going right over his head.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Rush Limbaugh was "Dreaming of riots in Denver".

I don't remember you being so critical of him, youandme.

Now that some idiot like Moore from the left comesout and says it, you are suddenly offended.
Not only that was youandme critical of the far right when they did it and they've done is several times.  In fact it's been the left saying WTF when the right does this.  This is about the irony.  It's calling out the rightwing nitwits who have been doing this.  It's using their own crazy beliefs against them.  This should be easy to see.  I mean come on, youandme is asking us all to believe the left believes this kind of shit?  That's asking everyone to be really clueless.  Anyone who's been around politics for a while can see exactly what's going on here and it isn't what youandme is saying.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Moore is a piece of shit for saying that.
Limbaugh is a piece of shit for saying that.

Does anyone DISAGREE with either statement?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Moore is a piece of shit for saying that.
Limbaugh is a piece of shit for saying that.

Does anyone DISAGREE with either statement?
you can say Moore is a POS for saying a lot of things but not this.  Should he have worded it different?  Probably, but his intent was true, it was to make a point and he was right on this point.  Hell, even if he would have more properly stated it like I did in the other thread, youandme still tried to nail me for it.  Nobody on the left is wishing this shit, not even Moore.  This is directed at the idiots on the far right who have been calling the, "it's God's wrath" angle for years and years.  It in essence is saying, ok, this is what you believe god does, well now what when you're in God's scope.  Of course Moore thinks this is retarded, he said so when the right did it.  Moore's only mistake is the same as mine and not realizing that the statement would be grabbed and spun by idiots.

Hereford

• Getbig V
you lose your point in the other thread, end up looking like a jackass so you try to repaint the picture and quote me as one praising god doing this.  You are such a fucking idiot.
I guess since we have morons here like youandme, I have to explain shit where most normal people would get it.  Remember after Katrina, certain radical Christians said the hurricane was god's wrath and blamed gays among other people.  By their account, the timing of the hurricane was also god's doing because there was some gay festival or some shit.  This thread was to mock these far right religious nuts.  The question was, would they dare to assign their radical beliefs similarly where the RNC is faced with a hurricane ruining the party.  Not to mention the asshate from Dobbson's crowd that prayed for the DNC to be rained out.  Of course everyone with half a brain got this while it appears youandme is running on empty and thinks we were taking up the role of the radical right nuts and looking at the hurricane as a blessing from god.  Seriously youandme, when you're this fucking off base, you should really apologize...

When you hear dems or liberals doing this, they're playing the irony of the situation created by the lunitic rightwing fringe and calling out the idiot christian extremists who have been doing the same thing.  How the fuck can this go over your head youandme, are you really this fucking stupid?

Typical leftist rant.  Weak, grasping response to the points, so engauges in personal attacks.

The radical right is such a minute part of the conservative movement ... funny how the opposition keys into the bible-thumpers as what the party stands for.   :)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Typical leftist rant.  Weak, grasping response to the points, so engauges in personal attacks.

The radical right is such a minute part of the conservative movement ... funny how the opposition keys into the bible-thumpers as what the party stands for.   :)

When you consider how much the party leaders pander to & court the radical right, ...it might as well stand for that
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

AHAHAHAHA... WE HAVE RIGHTIES SAYING THIS AT THE SAME TIME WE HAVE RIGHTIES ARGUING HOW IMPORTANT THE PALIN DECISION WAS NEEDED TO APPEASE THE FAR CHRISTIAN RIGHT. 

What's with all the gimmicks showing up lately ;)

Hereford

• Getbig V
So are you saying over HALF the people in this country are religious zealots?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
So are you saying over HALF the people in this country are religious zealots?
nope, I'm saying the republican party panders to them.  But look at the far left, do the Dems pander to them?  nope... If the dems do, why would the far left have to protest in the streets at the convention because they didn't get their way.  Fucking republicans act like the far right's bitches.

Hereford

• Getbig V
oooooh you said a bad word.

Mods are suppose to be role models for us unedumacated GetBig folk.....

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
oooooh you said a bad word.

Mods are suppose to be role models for us unedumacated GetBig folk.....

noob...  I'm no role model and you're not likely to find that desire in any mods on getbig.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
I'm pretty sure Michael Moore wants THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATION to fuck up again. Yet some people confuse this with hating his own country.

Pretty weird thinking.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
I'm pretty sure Michael Moore wants THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATION to fuck up again. Yet some people confuse this with hating his own country.

Pretty weird thinking.

Why would he want to them to fuck up? They fuck up and people get hurt and/or killed.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!

This post is the only intelligent sign of life on this thread. You should have locked the thread after writing this, Hugo.  8)
!

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy

Who wold you say are democrats on this board and which ones want this country to fail?