Author Topic: The Adonis Diet Principles, Open-Source  (Read 132473 times)

ASJChaotic

Re: The Adonis Diet Principles, Open-Source
« Reply #225 on: September 13, 2008, 01:19:54 PM »
Are you seriously entering?
ofcourse  ;)

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #226 on: September 13, 2008, 01:27:16 PM »
I'm a natural as well, being natural you should know that your going to have to require more calories and more protein when dieting, then someone who is on juice....and bulking on 3,000 cals a day?? I eat more then that on a daily basis, maybe you just have a incredibly slow metabolism I'm guessing..

It seems to be enough for me to gain about 1-2lbs a week. Maybe it was higher, I haven't counted calories for a long time, these are all estimates.

As I said, in my earlier years, I tried it all. More protein, less protein, carb cycling, low fat, low carb, no carb, you name it. The method I use now is the result of a 10 year self experiment. It may not apply to everyone, of course. That's what I'm trying to find out in this thread.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #227 on: September 13, 2008, 01:29:43 PM »
ofcourse  ;)

Well then good luck!
Are you already leaner than in the pictures?

ASJChaotic

« Reply #228 on: September 13, 2008, 01:30:23 PM »
Well then good luck!
Are you already leaner than in the pictures?
thanks
yep, I'm at 9.6% right now  ;)

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #229 on: September 13, 2008, 01:39:57 PM »
thanks
yep, I'm at 9.6% right now  ;)

You will have to work a little bit on your posing though. ;D

ASJChaotic

« Reply #230 on: September 13, 2008, 01:41:11 PM »
You will have to work a little bit on your posing though. ;D
HAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHA
no doubt  ;D

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #231 on: September 13, 2008, 05:51:20 PM »
MemberX, aren't you like 6'6" or something? Of course you will need more cals than him. From the pics posted he looks better than you in both leanness and muscularity (from what I can see) so I don't know why you are arguing with him so vehemently.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #232 on: September 13, 2008, 06:05:53 PM »
MemberX, aren't you like 6'6" or something? Of course you will need more cals than him. From the pics posted he looks better than you in both leanness and muscularity (from what I can see) so I don't know why you are arguing with him so vehemently.

We already settled that issue in my reply #230, but thanks ;)
Muscularity will be hard to compare between a 5'10'' dwarf and a 6'6'' giant. :D

ASJChaotic

« Reply #233 on: September 13, 2008, 07:51:15 PM »
why don't you check out my 18 inch arms and repost your post ?
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=234088.new#new

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #234 on: September 14, 2008, 04:53:01 AM »
This sounds like a theory then and not actual experience ... am I right? ;D
As soon as you have managed to diet down with eating more and adding cardio, would be interested to hear.

i am detailing my actual experience that i stalled at around 9% on 1000 cals a day. what part of that do you not understand  ???

i have said where i believe i went wrong, due to past experience.

have you dropped cals down to 1000 in a quest to get to the promised land of sub 5% bf? if not then your comments on my experience are theory also.

in fact all this thread proves, despite what you are claiming is that there is no universal method of diet that works for all, as we are all different.
175lbs by 31st July

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #235 on: September 14, 2008, 05:44:40 AM »
why don't you check out my 18 inch arms and repost your post ?
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=234088.new#new

ASJChaotic

« Reply #236 on: September 14, 2008, 08:48:33 AM »
I'm shaking in my size 14 EEE boots  ::)
with my 18 inch arms  :D

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #237 on: September 14, 2008, 10:17:06 AM »
i am detailing my actual experience that i stalled at around 9% on 1000 cals a day. what part of that do you not understand  ???

i have said where i believe i went wrong, due to past experience.

have you dropped cals down to 1000 in a quest to get to the promised land of sub 5% bf? if not then your comments on my experience are theory also.

in fact all this thread proves, despite what you are claiming is that there is no universal method of diet that works for all, as we are all different.

Sorry, I understand that you couldn't get past 9% at 1000cals but then you said you assumed that you could do better with higher cals and cardio. That's what I meant with the theory. Or have you actually tried if this holds true?

You're right of course, I don't know yet what will happen in the next few weeks. Right now my caloric intake is still pretty stable, so we will see how low I have to go.

Maybe I should also repeat that I have one day in the week (or every other week, depending on progress) where I do not restrict my calories at all. That probably helps with not letting the body go into starvation mode.

I'm obnoxious because that's exactly what I want to find out: how applicable the principles are to the majority of people. Thanks for your input and I hope you're not offended. :)

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: September 14, 2008, 10:59:06 AM »
no, i'm not offended at all, threads like these are what advance bodybuilding theory and ideas. if there were more like them all over the net, i'm sure we would be a lot closer to knowing exactly what works and what does not.
175lbs by 31st July

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #239 on: September 14, 2008, 11:04:22 AM »
no, i'm not offended at all, threads like these are what advance bodybuilding theory and ideas. if there were more like them all over the net, i'm sure we would be a lot closer to knowing exactly what works and what does not.

Thanks a lot! When will you be making your next attempt at getting ripped?
You should make a progress thread, would be really interesting!

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #240 on: September 14, 2008, 11:09:54 AM »
Maybe Adonis can weigh in here, since he already has experience with the principles in contest mode. Do we have to change anything to get from let's say 8% to 5%?

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #241 on: September 14, 2008, 12:07:05 PM »
Just to give an idea what I eat on a day where calories are not restricted (usually on Sunday), that's what I ate today:

- omelette with 3 eggs, 20g of cheese and red peppers, 250ml carrot juice
- whole multi-grain bread with 80g of roast beef and tomatoes
- 50g protein shake, gelato sundae
- chilli cheese whopper, fries, chicken sticks with sour cream, brownie with ice
- 1lb tenderloin steak with peas, large beer, banana

All things I really love to eat (except for the protein shake, which I probably could have skipped).
In this case, I have to split the meals of course, just because I can't stomach that in one sitting.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #242 on: September 14, 2008, 01:31:36 PM »
Thanks a lot! When will you be making your next attempt at getting ripped?
You should make a progress thread, would be really interesting!

in around 6 weeks, i'm finishing university, then hitting the booze for a week, picking up a few fat hoes, then a week to detox and back in the zone  8)
175lbs by 31st July

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #243 on: September 14, 2008, 01:38:10 PM »
in around 6 weeks, i'm finishing university, then hitting the booze for a week, picking up a few fat hoes, then a week to detox and back in the zone  8)

Haha, sounds awesome!

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #244 on: September 14, 2008, 01:57:10 PM »
My "Adonis Pronciples" diet:

Big Mac, fries, diet coke 2x/day, plus a protein shake or two to meet minimum protein requirements!  :D

Haha, i prefer Burger King! Those "Big" Macs are just too small for teh muscle. ;D

ASJChaotic

« Reply #245 on: September 14, 2008, 02:02:20 PM »
My "Adonis Pronciples" diet:

Big Mac, fries, diet coke 2x/day, plus a protein shake or two to meet minimum protein requirements!  :D
looks like my principles  :D

ASJChaotic

« Reply #246 on: September 14, 2008, 02:03:43 PM »
Haha, i prefer Burger King! Those "Big" Macs are just too small for teh muscle. ;D
I have had about 6 double whoppers at one setting

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #247 on: September 14, 2008, 02:07:49 PM »
I have had about 6 double whoppers at one setting

Perfect! Now you just need to drop the fockin' cardio, start boozing it up and you can join the group. ;D

ASJChaotic

« Reply #248 on: September 14, 2008, 02:26:20 PM »
Perfect! Now you just need to drop the fockin' cardio, start boozing it up and you can join the group. ;D
hahahahha maybe I'll look like most people on get big then  ;D oh god

ASJChaotic

« Reply #249 on: September 15, 2008, 09:09:21 AM »
I think the myth of cardio in the adonis principles should be taken out
if it didn't work would people waste their time doing it?
would I?
would professionals?
just because some people are lazy and don't want to do it doesn't mean that it doesn't work  ::)