Author Topic: Mods for the MMA Board -  (Read 22958 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: Mods for the MMA Board -
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2008, 11:28:48 AM »
Calm down Gloria.
Z

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2008, 02:55:51 PM »
You don't need to be an MMA encyclopedia to mod this place.  You need to be here enough to keep an eye on it.  And you need to be fair about any changes made. 

That said, Chute, Sin & Bluto are all good candidates. 

Agree.

American Bulldog is also a good candidate, but I'm guessing he's too busy, these days, as he hasn't posted in awhile.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2008, 11:56:15 PM »
Calm down Gloria.

great contribution  ::)
T

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2008, 02:27:47 AM »
sincity, chute,mindspin

Barracuda

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Teeth in the Darkness
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2008, 03:13:03 AM »
Empty cans rattle the most.

You seem to be fond of using that line on others.  Its just too bad that it fits you more.
All talk and no substance. I'm sure everyone would agree. They don't come any emptier than you hence all the rattling you do all over the board.

Why not tally up the votes and get it over with. The majority have spoken.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2008, 06:11:09 AM »
Agree.

American Bulldog is also a good candidate, but I'm guessing he's too busy, these days, as he hasn't posted in awhile.

Yup at one time I suggested to Ron that me, AB and MS should mod the board. Unfortunately Ron made the mistake to mod Sincity instead.

Shit happens.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2008, 06:13:27 AM »
Guys, Ron's looking for mods that will be fair, this automatically disqualifies both ChuteBoxe and Sincity, so we need to think harder. Anyone suggesting them must have a short-term memory.
Z

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2008, 06:14:46 AM »
Guys, Ron's looking for mods that will be fair, this automatically disqualifies both ChuteBoxe and Sincity, so we need to think harder. Anyone suggesting them most have a short-term memory.

I think you meant must, not most. See I'm already helping you out... ;D

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2008, 06:16:40 AM »
I think you meant must, not most. See I'm already helping you out... ;D

Good call. You can be the spell-checker of the board.
Z

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2008, 10:27:37 AM »
ron has already demodded bluto three times on here

surely he won't get another shot
T

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2008, 10:35:15 AM »
I say go with the guys that were here orginally.

You know WHO YOU ARE. ;)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2008, 11:02:52 AM »
ron has already demodded bluto three times on here

surely he won't get another shot

Ron has demodded everybody three times. So with your reasoning neither MS or Sincity would get another shot.
Z

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2008, 11:40:57 AM »
It is time to get back mods for this board, ones that will do the job, regardless of whether or not you like them or not.

Who are the fairest that can be mods...

I believe most people have  voiced their opinion on this subject. So far only one person has voted for bluto while everyone else has voted against him.

Ron wanted to know who should mod the board and the people have spoken.

The three clear choices are
Chuteboxe
Sincity
Mindspin

The majority rules
Over to you Ron

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2008, 11:56:26 AM »
Im not an avid poster but the 1st thing I do is checkin here. Ill put my name in the hat if no one else wants to do it.

TheIronWarrior

• Getbig II
  • Do you know Meecho?
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2008, 11:59:56 AM »
I believe most people have  voiced their opinion on this subject. So far only one person has voted for bluto while everyone else has voted against him.

Ron wanted to know who should mod the board and the people have spoken.

The three clear choices are
Chuteboxe
Sincity
Mindspin

The majority rules
Over to you Ron

Uh...... I hope you're not refering to my post about putting it to a Bluto/Chute vote. I just said that kind of as a joke. Because I know EVERYONE would vote CB in. I made sure to continue on about who I would pick if there was an election.  ;D

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2008, 06:24:52 PM »
Bluto , just accept it

1) No one on the MMA board likes you

2) No one on the MMA board respects you

3) No one on the MMA board wants you as mod

we all love Chuteboxe , SinCity and Mindspin though :)
stop hating, start participating.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2008, 06:31:16 PM »
Bluto , just accept it

1) No one on the MMA board likes you

2) No one on the MMA board respects you

3) No one on the MMA board wants you as mod

we all love Chuteboxe , SinCity and Mindspin though :)
stop hating, start participating.

Thanks Captain.. And thanks everyone else. Glad to see that you guys all think I will do a good job. Appreciate all the support.

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2008, 09:11:20 PM »
Uh...... I hope you're not refering to my post about putting it to a Bluto/Chute vote. I just said that kind of as a joke. Because I know EVERYONE would vote CB in. I made sure to continue on about who I would pick if there was an election.  ;D

no - I was referring to mindpin.

Since you have  been spammed via PM by a melting  bluto I doubt you'd vote for him.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2008, 02:12:15 AM »
The emotional scars you guys have from the ownings I served you in the past, run so deep that you didn't even bother to read Ron's original post:

It is time to get back mods for this board, ones that will do the job, regardless of whether or not you like them or not.

Who are the fairest that can be mods...

That disqualifies your current suggestions for mods and means you guys need to think harder.
Z

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2008, 05:23:27 AM »
The emotional scars you guys have from the ownings I served you in the past, run so deep that you didn't even bother to read Ron's original post:

That disqualifies your current suggestions for mods and means you guys need to think harder.

Ron asked the posters of the board who they wanted, they have spoke. If your name was in the hat you wouldn't be complaining. Plus you just stated that you have owned people? Doesn't sound like a good quality for a mod.

TheIronWarrior

• Getbig II
  • Do you know Meecho?
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2008, 07:09:29 AM »
no - I was referring to mindpin.

Since you have  been spammed via PM by a melting  bluto I doubt you'd vote for him.

Hell yeah I suffered the PM wrath. I'm still scarred..... ;D J/K
For real though, MS,CB, and SCSG PERIOD

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2008, 08:07:38 AM »
Bluto did a good job too.  After I analyzed it all, so I need fairness.

Seriously Ron, what the hell did you analyze? My guess is close to nothing. Let's "analyze" Bluto's tenure as moderator.

His first major accomplishment? Milfer invented the betting game. He decided to take time out of his day every event to tally scores. Bluto, after proving he knows nothing about MMA by guessing all but one fight wrong, throws a hissy fit and deletes every single tally Milfer did, effectively trying to kill the game. Why would he ruin it for 20 other people? Well, because he's a child.

His second major accomplishment? The ability to cut and paste every major headline from Sherdog and the other big MMA sites. I don't come here to read the same articles I see on those sites every day. What benefit does anyone get from seeing the same thing twice? The child provides no discussion on any topic he posts, he just fires them away as they go up on the other sites and leaves them to die.

His third major accomplishment? Again, trying to derail the board and other threads. He's gone so far as to deleting SinCity's posts when he was moderator, deleting my posts and just being a little bitch in regards to ChuteBoxe over the last month (because he knows more about MMA than him).

His fourth major accomplishment? Ahh yes, the betting game again. On the night with two cards, ChuteBoxe won both events. So what does Bluto do? He changes the rules (which weren't his to change) so that he wouldn't have to make a thread saying ChuteBoxe won both cards. Yet again, the mark of a child.

His fifth major accomplishment? He knows NOTHING about MMA. The moderator of the board should have some inherent knowledge of the sport. The mods on the other boards are all well versed in the subject of the board they're moderating. Body88 knows sports, Hugo Chavez knows politics. Why should the MMA board be the only board where said child is allowed to moderate it because he can pm you a lot? Give me a fucking break, Ron.

He's a kid Ron and he has no business running this board. It's not his personal playground, it's a board where people who like MMA come to discuss. Not to read articles they just saw on MMA Underground, not to watch some child have his way with the moderator position, and not to watch some kid act like a bitch.

Why in God's name would you make him moderator after seeing how many people wanted him removed? It was roughly 95% of the people who post here, Ron. Why put someone in as moderator when the general populace doesn't want him there? Because he can pm you a lot? Because he's a posting whoring child?

The best people suited for the job are ChuteBoxe, SinCity, Dreadlord, AmericanBulldog (although he doesn't post much lately, but he did), and Yemeni (although he's a child as well, he at least trains and knows MMA).

Long post. No meltdown. Just putting it all out there so Ron can't avoid it.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2008, 08:07:47 AM »
Ron starts a thread about about a month ago asking what we should re-name this board to accomodate boxing and lesser known (or popular) combat type sports.

A month later and nothing has changed.

It is about to be a week since Ron posted this thread, and guess what.... nothing has changed.

It is obvious that everyone thinks that Bluto has no reason to moderate this board whatsoever. If I was offered to moderate it, I would turn it down because I know that there are others that could do a better job than me. Bluto is such such a little ass, that even in the midst of 80 to 90% of the board saying that they don't nominate him in any way, he still is posting on here like a little worm, trying to weasel himself into a position that nobody wants him in...

Is this really good for the MMA board? Bluto could care less about this board, if he did, he would admit that no one wants him to moderate it.... lick his wounds, and still move on.

But no, he has to be little "Mr. Super Moderator" guy, even when he knows that nearly everyone on hates him on here.

Why does this board have to be drama central?

Ron, make please make your decision and let's move on.

Either that, or come back a month later with another "Okay guys what's it gonna be?" thread... which is already getting old.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2008, 08:12:29 AM »
The funny thing is that Bluto had no business being moderator from DAY ONE. Scimowser stepped down. Ok, that was great. The board had enough mods at that point anyway. So what does Ron do? Instead of even asking the board or anything, Bluto just pops as moderator one day. The board's been shit ever since. Why did Bluto get moderator you ask? Well, because he spent the better part of two years pm'ing Ron on a daily basis trying to the spot on here. That was his ultimate goal: MMA board moderator. Now that it's been ripped out from under him (due to his shitty fucking job moderating it), he can't come to grips with it. He's a child who has no business moderating here.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2008, 08:13:04 AM »
*Cue Bluto to come in here make a quick 7 or 8 word sentence about "empty cans" or something, and then scurry out like a little rat*