Author Topic: New Member- Craig Richardson's Training Partner  (Read 13032 times)

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
Re: New Member- Craig Richardson's Training Partner
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2008, 10:07:31 AM »
Dear NJFlex,
     No, Craig and I do not train at Gold's in Teterboro. 
     We do train at Stokely Palmer's place, The Lion's Den in Fairfield, New Jersey.  It is a great place with awesome equipment.  All the guys there like Bill Leahy, are very nice and supportive.  Of course, Stokely knows how to take care of people as he is also a top competitor himself.  He and Ron put together a top notch place.
     We also sometimes hit Diamond Gym in Maplewood, New Jersey.  John Kemper has always offered his assistance to Craig and is a wealth of bodybuilding knowledge.
     Additionally, we do, on occasion, make it out to Long Island to Steve Weinberger's gym.  Steve is a very gracious host and makes us feel at home everytime we show up.  One thing that some may not know about Steve is that underneath that tough exterior, there is a guy who truly cares about the competitors.
Harley

Permabulker

• Getbig IV
  • 1*
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2008, 10:08:59 AM »
Craig is a man with lots of muscles........

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2008, 10:10:35 AM »
harley what style training do you two use ? what is craigs diet like in the offseason, and pre contest ? 

Canadian_Muscle

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2008, 10:11:59 AM »
harley what style training do you two use ? what is craigs diet like in the offseason, and pre contest ? 

Yeah i'd like to hear some about this. Craig has a great physique.

Stavios

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2008, 10:13:04 AM »
Welcome to Getbig, Harley !

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2008, 10:30:06 AM »
Dear Tbombz,
     Craig and I believe in training very heavy but very smart.  We keep the reps between 6-8.  We train 2 bodyparts a session and train 2 days on and then take a day off.  It will look like this:
     1)  Back (always including pull ups)
     2)  Chest/Hams
     3)  Day Off
     4)  Quads
     5)  Biceps/Triceps
     6)  Day Off
     7)  Shoulders/Traps
     Repeat as written.
     We usually do 3 different exercises per bodypart but because Craig's Back needs help, we do more exercises for Back.  We don't count the first 2 sets as they are used to warm-up which is very important and not very much discussed.  That is one reason he and I have avoided serious injury.
     Craig's off-season diet is not too different than when he preps for a show.  That is the truth.  Watch:
     Off-Season- Meal One- 13 Egg Whites, 4 Yolks and 2 cups of Grits or Oatmeal.
                Meal Two- 16 ounces of Steak or Ground Beef and 2 Cups of Rice.
                Meal Three- A Protein Shake with Weight Gainer.
                Meal Four- Same as Meal Two but with Chicken or Talapia instead of beef.
                Meal Five- Same as Meal Three.
                Meal Six- Same as Meal Two.
                Meal Seven- Same as Meals Three and Five.
     Contest Prep:  First Seven Weeks:
                All the meals are the same for the first 7 weeks except that he cuts the carbs in half.
                         Next Three Weeks:
                Everything stays the same except that all steak and beef is removed and replaced with either Salmon or Talapia.
                         Last Two Weeks:
                This is not always constant as it depends on his conditioning.  I am not trying to be evasive, but there is no set formula.  Sometimes he adds a meal with steak if he looks too flat or is losing too much weight too fast.
     I can tell you that Craig has not rotated his carbs in the last several years but for the last week of this past Mr. Olympia prep.  All that will now change and go back to what he did when he won The Nationals and took 3rd in Tampa Bay.  He will begin rotating carbs 4-5 weeks before his show while keeping cardio to no more than 45 minutes per day.  Any more than that and he loses a great deal of size on his legs.
     I hope this answers your question as to how Craig eats.  This is the truth and his actual diet.  If you have any other questions, just let me know and I can clarify for you.
Harley

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2008, 10:32:54 AM »
yeah, that does answer my question, thanks alot dude ! some interesting insight into contest prep dieting strategy as well.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2008, 10:33:26 AM »
Dear Stuntmovie,
     Thanks for the encouragement.  Hopefully soon, my computer guy comes over and helps me find my way through this stuff.
     I have seen a great deal of negativity on the Board and often wonder why it exists.  The debating amongst the fans is great stuff and shouldn't be stifled.  However, I see no reason for personal attacks nor racism which doesn't happen too often but is nevertheless, completely unwarranted.  With a sport so subjetive as bodybuilding, we are all open to discussion.  I just love all the knowledge you guys offer.
     The one thing I thought I might be able to offer is an insider's view.  It doesn't appear that many guys actually hang out, know or train with any of the pros which is a great experience.  That is where I thought I could give a little something back given how lucky I am to be in that position.
     I am a big fan of guys like Mohammed Makkawy, Paul Jean Guillame, Rory Leidelmeyer, J.J. Marsh, Vince Comeford, and Flex (please excuse my poor spelling).  I would love to have heard stories about their real life training and eating and not all that nonsense printed elsewhere.  Hopefully, I have something worthwhile to offer.
Harley

It looks like Craig’s physique fits right in with the Champions you admire. He seems very aesthetic and balanced  although, we are only seeing one angle. Nice o have you on the board.  Who is his sponsor?
and keep moving!

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2008, 10:35:42 AM »
Dear Harley,
       What does Craig's gear cycle look like? Thank you in advance.
Pollux

Stavios

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2008, 10:37:53 AM »
WOW

it's refreshing to hear someone who doesn't bullshit about the food eaten or the onstage weight  ;D

I didn't expect that, Mr.Breite will be a great addition to the board

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2008, 10:42:38 AM »
How tall is Craig ACTUALLY ?

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2008, 11:08:42 AM »
Hey Guys,
     It is sad but true that Craig remains without a sponsor.  One day soon I will list all the extraordinary things Craig does for the community and you will be even more disheartened with a sport that fails to promote its good guys.
     Well, the question of gear didn't take long.  LOL.  I promise to answer that question but not before I mention a few things.
     1)  It really is true that if 99% of us took exactly what the pros do, we would not look even remotely close to the way they do.  Their genetics are something you can't even believe.  They seem to have an ability to maximize every miligram and cc of anything they use.  They also seem to be able to digest incredible amounts of food and maximize all that it offers.  People don't understand just how unique you must be just to be able to consume all that damn food and have it go to good use.
     2)  The discipline in eating of the successful pros is something that very very few ever exhibit.  It is unreal just how the world stops when it is time to eat.  No matter what is happening, the food is ready to be consumed and is done so without care to the rest of the world or what time it is.
     3)  Lastly, we all think we train pretty hard but do we?  Not all, and not as many as you would think, but quite a few pros train harder than you could ever imagine.  Do that consistently and then talk to me about how you train.
    Ok, Ok, I am a man of my word.  First, and of course, Craig does not admit in any way shape or form to possessing any controlled dangerous substances nor having ever taken any. 
     Hypothetically speaking, a professional competing for many years may incorporate Growth Hormone during let's say a 12 week Contest Prep to the rough amount of 6-9 IUs a day, divided into a morning and evening session.  Testosterone for such a pro may involve 1,200- 1,500 mgs per week.  Anadrol, although I think it's all fake, may also be involved at 50 mgs per day.  D-Ball, if available, only for the first 4 weeks (a bit too much water retention) at about 8 per day.  Winstrol at 1cc every other day for 4 weeks along with Clenbuterol for 4 weeks may also help.  Propionate is the preferred choice if available.  EVERYTHING but Clenbuterol is now removed 10 days before the show so as to rid of all water.  Diuretics are used sparingly for 6 days leading to the show.
     Guys, again, I cannot say that Craig does this but you can trust me that a top bodybuilder of many years will do this type of routine in order to remain competitve for a show.  While drugs do not make the champion, rest assured that no champion is made without the help of supplements.  That is in no way a denigration of all that they do, but rather, an honest and factual statement proved by all those who have competed.
     I don't think I could maintain any credibility with you guys if I did not choose to answer this question.  And lastly, Craig is 5 foot seven inches tall, the same as me.  That is probably the only phsyical trait we share.  LOL
Harley   

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2008, 11:13:12 AM »
thanks for your input Harley, nice read.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2008, 11:20:34 AM »
Why must Craig look like a cowboy from mt. brokeback everytime he steps on stage ?
L

chester_bbb

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • #1 Shawn Ray fan!
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2008, 11:20:52 AM »
Good stuff.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2008, 11:50:16 AM »
Harley, as you can already see, most of us GetBig members are very interested in hearing your "updates and inside comments" on the subject of bodybuilding.

I've been around a good long while and have personally met or worked with just about 90% of the pros and I do gotta admit that it would be hard to find a better batch of guys and gals to converse with and associate with.

I go back to the days of Paul Anderson and of Reeves when he was still a teenager and had the honor of working with him shortly before he passed away. I knew most all the West Coast old timers  - Hilligen, Yarick,  Eifferman, Lalanne, etc. and many others who were even more exceptional but never had the desire nor the opportunity to stand shirtless within the range of a camera lens.

I'm very proud to call Tommy Kono and Bill Pearl my good friends.

I've met and conversed with Perry and Mabel and Dan and Hoffman and the entire Weider family. Bill "Peanuts' West, George Frenn - the craziest lifters of those early days who set the standards for the rest to follow. And Zuver! Reverend Zuver! 

So many name you've never heard of but should be long remembered.

Zeller has taken my picture and Jeff and Cory are like my own family .....  and many other family members have pulled the weight in various strength competitions including "odd", Olympic, and power and sometimes simply to see how many plates could be lifted from the floor with the five fingers on your left hand.

Arnold and Franco and Zane and Scott and so many others who wern't as famous who we've mostly forgotten but should be imortalized for what they accomplished.

And the "new kids" that entered the gyms and left years later looking like the monsters that they wanted to be so many years earlier .... Platz, Grymkowski, Santiago, Teufel and even an up and comer by the name of Chicherillo. It would take a while, but he'd be there.

Then Haney and Phyllis and the new breed of impossible achievers.  And the ladies who came into Gold's and started lifting with the guys and surpassed a few in fact.

And these new lads just out of their posing diapers..... the future bodybuilding superstars such as Evan, Brandon, and Trey, and that new guy you may be complaining or braggen about at your local gym............

Good times have come and gone and many stories cannot be told - not because they were bad, but simply because they've been forgotten.

Stories like floating a few feet off the ground while posing at a tribal function in Africa.
Stories like open heart surgery while wide awake and feeling every cut and slice and heartbeat.
Stories like jumping from city to city one or two steps ahead of the guys who want to put you six feet under.
Stories like bragging about now much drugs you've taken over a one year period and are still alive to do the braggen.
Stories about all the good, all the bad, and all the in-between in this world we call bodybuilding.

Every BB generation has a "clump" of individuals who together push this sport in a unique direction. A uncharted direction sometimes off the compass but no less interesting than the past and often more so.

I've often thought I've seen it all but the next few weeks always prove I'm wrong.  "Been there, done that!" never does apply.

So expect the impossible and stay with it as long as you can.

The pride, the hatred, the jelousy! Some honest insinuations! .................. It's always an interesting ride.

Stavios

« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2008, 11:51:09 AM »
Why must Craig look like a cowboy from mt. brokeback everytime he steps on stage ?

you are thinking about Frank Robertson

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2008, 11:53:58 AM »

i actually thought it was craig the guy with the cowboy head and the plastic guns too.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2008, 12:03:20 PM »
Good catch Stavios, my apologies 'harvey' .....
L

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2008, 12:18:15 PM »
Dear jaejonna,
     Why so quick to be negative?  No need to antagonize me by incorrectly calling me "Harvey."  I don't harbour any ill-will toward you.
     With a guy as interesting as Stuntmovie out there I would think we would be begging him for stories.
     And no, Craig is not Frank Roberson who wears the cowboy hat and boots.  As far as Frank goes, he once came up and introduced himself and I believe his wife or girlfriend to both Craig and I.  He congratulated Craig while he himself had just won a show.  He was nothing but polite and a gentleman.  He did mention that he hoped the crowd enjoyed his cowboy personna.
Harley

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2008, 12:39:21 PM »
awesome stuff from Harley, very much appreciated, hope you stick around this place could use the knowledge.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2008, 12:43:28 PM »
Dear jaejonna,
     Why so quick to be negative?  No need to antagonize me by incorrectly calling me "Harvey."  I don't harbour any ill-will toward you.
     With a guy as interesting as Stuntmovie out there I would think we would be begging him for stories.
     And no, Craig is not Frank Roberson who wears the cowboy hat and boots.  As far as Frank goes, he once came up and introduced himself and I believe his wife or girlfriend to both Craig and I.  He congratulated Craig while he himself had just won a show.  He was nothing but polite and a gentleman.  He did mention that he hoped the crowd enjoyed his cowboy personna.
Harley

why do you always type like a robot?

Also

Please tell us what Craig's cycle is like?
Dude is probably on enough shit to kill an elephant

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2008, 12:45:04 PM »
 Greetings.
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2008, 12:48:54 PM »
Hey Harley, lots of good stuff. Might want to take it to the positive board if it gets too rough here. ;)

Any fun gym stories to share?

Stavios

« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2008, 12:49:35 PM »
why do you always type like a robot?

Also

Please tell us what Craig's cycle is like?
Dude is probably on enough shit to kill an elephant

he just wrote that a few post up