Author Topic: New Member- Craig Richardson's Training Partner  (Read 13027 times)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
Re: New Member- Craig Richardson's Training Partner
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2008, 12:50:41 PM »
he just wrote that a few post up

what do you think of the cycle he outlined man? think it's accurate?

Stavios

« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2008, 12:52:53 PM »
what do you think of the cycle he outlined man? think it's accurate?

yeah, considering Craig's physique I would believe that !

those are good doses, not super high and not super low.
he said Craig is 215 lbs onstage so obviously he isn't "huge" and good muscle bellies must be a great part of why he looks so big onstage.

definitly believable cycle

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2008, 12:53:08 PM »
Hey Guys,
     It is sad but true that Craig remains without a sponsor.  One day soon I will list all the extraordinary things Craig does for the community and you will be even more disheartened with a sport that fails to promote its good guys.
     Well, the question of gear didn't take long.  LOL.  I promise to answer that question but not before I mention a few things.
     1)  It really is true that if 99% of us took exactly what the pros do, we would not look even remotely close to the way they do.  Their genetics are something you can't even believe.  They seem to have an ability to maximize every miligram and cc of anything they use.  They also seem to be able to digest incredible amounts of food and maximize all that it offers.  People don't understand just how unique you must be just to be able to consume all that damn food and have it go to good use.
     2)  The discipline in eating of the successful pros is something that very very few ever exhibit.  It is unreal just how the world stops when it is time to eat.  No matter what is happening, the food is ready to be consumed and is done so without care to the rest of the world or what time it is.
     3)  Lastly, we all think we train pretty hard but do we?  Not all, and not as many as you would think, but quite a few pros train harder than you could ever imagine.  Do that consistently and then talk to me about how you train.
    Ok, Ok, I am a man of my word.  First, and of course, Craig does not admit in any way shape or form to possessing any controlled dangerous substances nor having ever taken any. 
     Hypothetically speaking, a professional competing for many years may incorporate Growth Hormone during let's say a 12 week Contest Prep to the rough amount of 6-9 IUs a day, divided into a morning and evening session.  Testosterone for such a pro may involve 1,200- 1,500 mgs per week.  Anadrol, although I think it's all fake, may also be involved at 50 mgs per day.  D-Ball, if available, only for the first 4 weeks (a bit too much water retention) at about 8 per day.  Winstrol at 1cc every other day for 4 weeks along with Clenbuterol for 4 weeks may also help.  Propionate is the preferred choice if available.  EVERYTHING but Clenbuterol is now removed 10 days before the show so as to rid of all water.  Diuretics are used sparingly for 6 days leading to the show.
     Guys, again, I cannot say that Craig does this but you can trust me that a top bodybuilder of many years will do this type of routine in order to remain competitve for a show.  While drugs do not make the champion, rest assured that no champion is made without the help of supplements.  That is in no way a denigration of all that they do, but rather, an honest and factual statement proved by all those who have competed.
     I don't think I could maintain any credibility with you guys if I did not choose to answer this question.  And lastly, Craig is 5 foot seven inches tall, the same as me.  That is probably the only phsyical trait we share.  LOL
Harley   

what do you think about bodybuilders participating in Gay 4 Pay activities such as Kai Greene?
Has Craig ever been involved in that industry to make ties meet?

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2008, 12:53:54 PM »
yeah, considering Craig's physique I would believe that !

those are good doses, not super high and not super low.
he said Craig is 215 lbs onstage so obviously he isn't "huge" and good muscle bellies must be a great part of why he looks so big onstage.

definitly believable cycle
i agree, i believe it too, sounds like the cycle that Milos was talking about awhile back.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2008, 01:04:59 PM »
Dear Bodybuilder1234,
     I am not sure what you mean by typing like a "robot."  I am still learning how to get around on this site as this is my first time joining any website club.  Perhaps my writing is a bit terse and to the point but I am doing this while working as I am sure are many others.
     Perhaps you can re-read the beginning of my answer with regard to the consumption of gear.  It won't take much for you to read between the lines.  I can explicitly tell you one thing which I presume from your message you won't believe; Craig is doing nothing in terms of "killing an elephant."  The guy has serious issues in gaining weight and size so perhaps that corroborates what I am saying.
     As far as Gay4Pay or anything else a person does, I live my life believing that so long as someone doesn't harm another person, I am not fit to judge them.  We are all flawed human beings and my morality need not be proselytized nor pushed on anyone else.  Craig is happily married for 10 years and has 3 kids.  He may live in a depressed and dangerous urban area but he maintains a positive spirit.  No, he has never engaged in any such activity as you asked.
     As for me, I am a 41 year old single heterosexual.  So now that we covered that issue, let's talk bodybuilding. 
     Craig did a MD shoot with Kai Green after the NY Pro this year and said that he never saw quads so striated all the way up a guy's thigh as he did on Kai the next day.  During the day's shoot, Kai maintained all that conditioning despite drinking no less than 12 bottles of Gatorade!!!  There is now talk that Kai weighs between 300-310 pounds and is doing the Arnold.
Harley
Harley

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2008, 01:07:29 PM »
hey Harley i remember watching you hand those huge 175's to Craig for the incline press in BFTO 04, that gym looks pretty hardcore, do you guys train that heavy all the time?

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2008, 01:20:43 PM »
hey Harley i remember watching you hand those huge 175's to Craig for the incline press in BFTO 04, that gym looks pretty hardcore, do you guys train that heavy all the time?

Hey Quaker Oats,
     Yah, I am the lucky one who gets to hand that ridiculous weight to Craig.  They are actually 180's.  Craig doesn't always go that heavy on the incline but rather, keeps it around 160's until we are in a good groove.  I don't suppose Craig is one of the strongest BBs when you look at Branch and Johnny Jackson and others but when it comes to doing legs, that may be another story.  We take a great deal of pride in how hard and heavy we train legs.  Although Craig always laughs in disagreement, I always tell him, "It's all about the wheels."
Harley

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2008, 01:21:30 PM »
Hey Quaker Oats,
     Yah, I am the lucky one who gets to hand that ridiculous weight to Craig.  They are actually 180's.  Craig doesn't always go that heavy on the incline but rather, keeps it around 160's until we are in a good groove.  I don't suppose Craig is one of the strongest BBs when you look at Branch and Johnny Jackson and others but when it comes to doing legs, that may be another story.  We take a great deal of pride in how hard and heavy we train legs.  Although Craig always laughs in disagreement, I always tell him, "It's all about the wheels."
Harley
good stuff man, good to have you aboard.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2008, 01:22:52 PM »
Leg training in BFTO 05 was also pretty amazing.
Harley is one strong dude for an attorney, smith squats with 500lbs for 9 reps! :o

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2008, 01:23:02 PM »
Hey Quaker Oats,
Harley
wow. What do you do on incline?
A

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2008, 01:23:35 PM »
welcome. very good info.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2008, 01:24:25 PM »
wow. What do you do on incline?
pretty sure he did the 100's pretty easily on that video, they maybe weren't the fullest reps but they're both pretty strong.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2008, 01:27:00 PM »
good stuff man, good to have you aboard.

Thank you.  I hope I am getting the hang of this.  It's nice to share an interest with other people, especially about a subculture such as bodybuilding.  I very much recommend Alan Klein's "Little Big Men."  Great ethnography depicting the lives of BBs at Gold's.  It is very academic in its presentation and writing but it was interesting to me in that it was similar to a dissertation I myself was working on while back in school many years ago.
Harley

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2008, 01:28:58 PM »
    Thank you.  I hope I am getting the hang of this.  It's nice to share an interest with other people, especially about a subculture such as bodybuilding.  I very much recommend Alan Klein's "Little Big Men."  Great ethnography depicting the lives of BBs at Gold's.  It is very academic in its presentation and writing but it was interesting to me in that it was similar to a dissertation I myself was working on while back in school many years ago.
Harley
good stuff, do you find it difficult balancing your career with the training, eating and the whole lifestyle in general?

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2008, 01:34:07 PM »
Leg training in BFTO 05 was also pretty amazing.
Harley is one strong dude for an attorney, smith squats with 500lbs for 9 reps! :o

Thank you very much.  I read a thread once where the guy (maybe someone named SquatFather) dismissed using the Smith Machine for squats.  Well, Craig and I feel very differently and have never free squated.  Our belief is that the Smith eliminates any issue of balance and using other muscles.  The Smith allows you to move only up and only down which seems to place all the weight on the quads if situated and executed properly.
     It's hard for Craig and I to get jacked up for anything less than 500 on the squat.  Craig has done 600 for sets of 12 and I have actually done 600 for 8.  Craig has never attempted 700 and I am not sure I would allow him to try it.  As his training partner, I feel a certain responsibility and I don't fully see the need for him to do 700 lbs. when he has legs that hold their own.  We never want to risk injury for the sake of ego.
Harley

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2008, 01:36:55 PM »
    Thank you very much.  I read a thread once where the guy (maybe someone named SquatFather) dismissed using the Smith Machine for squats.  Well, Craig and I feel very differently and have never free squated.  Our belief is that the Smith eliminates any issue of balance and using other muscles.  The Smith allows you to move only up and only down which seems to place all the weight on the quads if situated and executed properly.
     It's hard for Craig and I to get jacked up for anything less than 500 on the squat.  Craig has done 600 for sets of 12 and I have actually done 600 for 8.  Craig has never attempted 700 and I am not sure I would allow him to try it.  As his training partner, I feel a certain responsibility and I don't fully see the need for him to do 700 lbs. when he has legs that hold their own.  We never want to risk injury for the sake of ego.
Harley

First owning on this board, Harley, not bad for a newbie. ;D

600 for 8 is amazing!

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2008, 01:39:07 PM »
good stuff, do you find it difficult balancing your career with the training, eating and the whole lifestyle in general?

Well, between running my own law practice, owning a Karate/Kickboxing School, training Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu 5 times per week and running a charity devoted to improving the lives of mentally and physically challenged children, you would wonder how I could find time to train with a guy like Craig 5 times per week.  I too wonder and I guess the answer lies in doing what you really feel you need to do and being willing to sacrifice what others are not willing to sacrifice.  In the end, I like to think of myself as very grounded and don't ever take anything I do too too seriously.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2008, 01:41:39 PM »
First owning on this board, Harley, not bad for a newbie. ;D

600 for 8 is amazing!

I am a bit embarrassed to confess I am not completely sure what an "owning" is but I can reasonably infer.  As long as there isn't any pretentiousness attached to it, then I am fine with having the first owning on the board. 

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2008, 01:47:50 PM »
     I am a bit embarrassed to confess I am not completely sure what an "owning" is but I can reasonably infer.  As long as there isn't any pretentiousness attached to it, then I am fine with having the first owning on the board. 

Nevermind, you did nothing wrong. :)

What does your work with challenged children encompass? Is sports involved there too?

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2008, 01:49:51 PM »
Hey Harley,

Where does craig buy his pants?
How can he fit those quads into a pair of regular jeans?

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2008, 01:53:54 PM »
Great to have you here! very interesting reading! :)

Thank you very much. I read a thread once where the guy (maybe someone named SquatFather) dismissed using the Smith Machine for squats.  Well, Craig and I feel very differently and have never free squated.  Our belief is that the Smith eliminates any issue of balance and using other muscles.  The Smith allows you to move only up and only down which seems to place all the weight on the quads if situated and executed properly.
     It's hard for Craig and I to get jacked up for anything less than 500 on the squat.  Craig has done 600 for sets of 12 and I have actually done 600 for 8.  Craig has never attempted 700 and I am not sure I would allow him to try it.  As his training partner, I feel a certain responsibility and I don't fully see the need for him to do 700 lbs. when he has legs that hold their own.  We never want to risk injury for the sake of ego.
Harley

haha yes, dave dissed me for my smith machine front squats :'(
It's just like you say, it takes the glutes out and really focuses on the quads.
tank u jesus

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2008, 02:01:27 PM »
Yea! Like Wavelength, I'm also interested in your work with the kids. I'm in the process of setting up a Nonprofit <501 (C)(3)> for similar purposes and would like to hear your experiences in that regards. I'm attempting to do this without a lawyer for financial reasons.

Do you have a website for your charitable endeavors?

Thanks, Harley!

Stunt

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2008, 02:27:07 PM »
Yea! Like Wavelength, I'm also interested in your work with the kids. I'm in the process of setting up a Nonprofit <501 (C)(3)> for similar purposes and would like to hear your experiences in that regards. I'm attempting to do this without a lawyer for financial reasons.

Do you have a website for your charitable endeavors?

Hey Guys,
     Sorry to disappoint you but I never bothered to go through civil lawyers in order to set up a Nonprofit 501.  What happened was that many years ago, my friend Jeff Kovatch introduced me to a group of WWll and Korean War Veterans who were part of an organization called the Alhambra.  They did some work with challenged kids and Jeff and I joined in (they felt terrible when years later they found out I was Jewish and therefore not eligible for official membership). 
     As time went on, Jeff and I slowly took over as the guys were literally in their 80's and 90's and couldn't continue.  We began to throw parties every 2 months with a live DJ, catering in pizza, 2 custom balloon people (they make things you can't imagine such as a monkey hanging from a palm tree eating a bannana), toys, and sometimes a magician.  Each and every June, we take the kids up for a whole day to a campsite and dance, feed them, have a parade, play games (plastic basketball hoops and bowling pins) and make announcements to acknowledge their placings in the recent Special Olympic games.  Well, Jeff moved to Vegas and I couldn't let the charity go under so I just ran it myself.  I call it a charity although I don't solicit any money.  I just pay for it myself.  I don't advertise this so therefore there isn't a website. 
     You may have seen pictures of Craig with the kids at the parties in some of the magazines.  He always comes to the events and takes tons of photos and hands out free autographed pictures.  The kids think he is a superhero.  I think he is a nice guy for doing it.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2008, 03:04:57 PM »
Hey Guys,
     Sorry to disappoint you but I never bothered to go through civil lawyers in order to set up a Nonprofit 501.  What happened was that many years ago, my friend Jeff Kovatch introduced me to a group of WWll and Korean War Veterans who were part of an organization called the Alhambra.  They did some work with challenged kids and Jeff and I joined in (they felt terrible when years later they found out I was Jewish and therefore not eligible for official membership). 
     As time went on, Jeff and I slowly took over as the guys were literally in their 80's and 90's and couldn't continue.  We began to throw parties every 2 months with a live DJ, catering in pizza, 2 custom balloon people (they make things you can't imagine such as a monkey hanging from a palm tree eating a bannana), toys, and sometimes a magician.  Each and every June, we take the kids up for a whole day to a campsite and dance, feed them, have a parade, play games (plastic basketball hoops and bowling pins) and make announcements to acknowledge their placings in the recent Special Olympic games.  Well, Jeff moved to Vegas and I couldn't let the charity go under so I just ran it myself.  I call it a charity although I don't solicit any money.  I just pay for it myself.  I don't advertise this so therefore there isn't a website. 
     You may have seen pictures of Craig with the kids at the parties in some of the magazines.  He always comes to the events and takes tons of photos and hands out free autographed pictures.  The kids think he is a superhero.  I think he is a nice guy for doing it.
Harley

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2008, 04:48:01 PM »
big whoop