Author Topic: a gram of protein per pound of body weight? i dont think so...  (Read 41454 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: a gram of protein per pound of body weight? i dont think so...
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2008, 11:20:01 PM »
darksol, I appreciate the theory, but what about sucessful people with demanding careers? Should they interrupt board meetingd to ge their 40.9230497823g of protein every 2.3434hrs?

I see many guys at 250+ who eat 4 times a day. Lean and pushing amazing poundages.

What I'm saying is that you're overthinking the whole thing.

those guys eat big meals and tend to like foods like steak, burgers, ribs, chicken sammiches..etc etc etc... id bet they eaisly get 300 grams per day..

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2008, 12:44:21 AM »
darksol, I appreciate the theory, but what about sucessful people with demanding careers? Should they interrupt board meetingd to ge their 40.9230497823g of protein every 2.3434hrs?

I see many guys at 250+ who eat 4 times a day. Lean and pushing amazing poundages.

True.

nodeal

• Getbig III
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2008, 01:11:27 AM »
those guys eat big meals and tend to like foods like steak, burgers, ribs, chicken sammiches..etc etc etc... id bet they eaisly get 300 grams per day..

yeah, id bet.  ::)

J Grey

« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2008, 07:53:42 AM »
yeah, id bet.  ::)

tbombz is making shit way too complicated than it has to be.

Just get some protein in your diet, eat normally and push some heavy ass weights, rest, repeat, it's that simple.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2008, 07:59:33 AM »

exactly, at the end of the day it doesn't matter if you're eating 3 or 7 meals a day as long as you're eating a sufficient amount of protein and calories, this every 2 hour bullshit is just a gimmick to sell protein supplements.

J Grey

« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2008, 08:00:37 AM »
exactly, at the end of the day it doesn't matter if you're eating 3 or 7 meals a day as long as you're eating a sufficient amount of protein and calories, this every 2 hour bullshit is just a gimmick to sell protein supplements.

are you saying that tbombz by any chance is a protein pusher?

tbombz
Getbig IV

Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953

no way  ::)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2008, 08:50:54 AM »
its every three hours...and no it was based on the best science available at the time..but now we know that its actually better to eat every 4-6 hours.. so basically 4 meals a day is probably best depending on how long your awake..

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2008, 09:46:04 AM »
Exactly, an average person's diet barely ever meets the RDA
I have seen how people eat, maybe tbombz has forgotten how normal people eat?
1 gram per Kg about 0.5 gram per pound is enough
I'm not going out of my way to consume 500 grams of protein everyday
for those who are "living the dream" so be it  ::)
tbombz, you're not Ronnie Coleman.

and the study that you showed me is from very low calorie diets, and the effect of protein
you know the less than 800 calorie diets  ::)
it doesn't prove anything, I said excess protein doesn't help, the amount that you get on a VLCD is enough, not excessive.

Who exactly is insisting that you eat 500 grams of protein per day?

I don't recall seeing Tbombz saying anything to that effect (unless, I missed a post of his).

The bottom line is that "enough" is not a magic number. It's the amount of protein it takes for YOUR body to repair your muscles from training and get them to grow.

If that amount is 215, so be it; if it's 315, so be it.

You forget that plenty of trainers who post here have regular jobs. You don't need to interrupt board meetings to consume protein (that's why RTDs and protein shakes exist). How hard is it to grab a bottle of Isopure or mix a shaker of Myoplex BEFORE A MEETING, and consume it while your co-workers are downing coffee and soda in their respective mugs?

J Grey

« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2008, 09:59:48 AM »
Who exactly is insisting that you eat 500 grams of protein per day?

I don't recall seeing Tbombz saying anything to that effect (unless, I missed a post of his).

The bottom line is that "enough" is not a magic number. It's the amount of protein it takes for YOUR body to repair your muscles from training and get them to grow.

If that amount is 215, so be it; if it's 315, so be it.

You forget that plenty of trainers who post here have regular jobs. You don't need to interrupt board meetings to consume protein (that's why RTDs and protein shakes exist). How hard is it to grab a bottle of Isopure or mix a shaker of Myoplex BEFORE A MEETING, and consume it while your co-workers are downing coffee and soda in their respective mugs?

he recommends 2 grams per pound of bodyweight, and eats 500 grams atleast everyday
how do you explain guys who get about 130 grams of protein but are jacked?
he's a classic case of a protein pusher.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2008, 10:21:01 AM »

go talk to any guy who is huge, he eats a fuckin lot of protein.

nodeal

• Getbig III
« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2008, 10:22:54 AM »
he recommends 2 grams per pound of bodyweight, and eats 500 grams atleast everyday
he's a classic case of a protein pusher.

classic case indeed. makes you wanna slam your head into a wall. or his.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2008, 12:45:19 PM »
go talk to any guy who is huge, he eats a fuckin lot of protein.
exactly, either "j grey" has a pitiful idea od what "jacked" is or the person he THINKS is eating 130 pusssy ass grams is REALLY eating a lot more.

J Grey

« Reply #87 on: December 18, 2008, 12:48:21 PM »
exactly, either "j grey" has a pitiful idea od what "jacked" is or the person he THINKS is eating 130 pusssy ass grams is REALLY eating a lot more.
not a personal attack but
dude, you're nealy 40 years old and you're still permabulking, shouldn't you cut some fat instead of stuffing yourself with food?

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2008, 12:49:54 PM »
not a personal attack but
dude, you're nealy 40 years old and you're still permabulking, shouldn't you cut some fat instead of stuffing yourself with food?
200 grams of protein is "stuffing yourself with food"? that's only 800 calories, you must be skinny and weak as shit.

J Grey

« Reply #89 on: December 18, 2008, 12:52:37 PM »
200 grams of protein is "stuffing yourself with food"? that's only 800 calories, you must be skinny and weak as shit.

200 grams isn't stuffing yourself
I was just saying that you should stop stuffig yourself with food not protein  ;D

I'm plenty strong and big by the way

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2008, 01:06:41 PM »

200 grams isn't stuffing yourself
I was just saying that you should stop stuffig yourself with food not protein  ;D

I'm plenty strong and big by the way
so who are these "jacked" guys who supposedly eat only 130 grams/day of protein?

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2008, 01:20:47 PM »

exactly! probably the best information on this thread.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2008, 01:27:15 PM »
exactly! probably the best information on this thread.

i have an alotted amount of food i like to eat for the day and it usually takes me 4 meals to get it in, if i have to leave a meal short due to work or family matters i just eat it with my other food at my other meals, at the end of the day as long as it's all eaten i don't stress about it.

J Grey

« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2008, 02:28:26 PM »
i have an alotted amount of food i like to eat for the day and it usually takes me 4 meals to get it in, if i have to leave a meal short due to work or family matters i just eat it with my other food at my other meals, at the end of the day as long as it's all eaten i don't stress about it.

maybe you don't notice but you're obese, missing meals is last of your problems!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2008, 06:21:39 PM »
4 meals is good, maybe even optimal, but IMO i really do believe that 3 meals is too few, and that 4 meals really will provide better results than just 3,, or even worse 2 or 1 meal a day.  i mean, i have never tried 3 meals out for an extended period of time to really know if itsa any worse, but just looking at the idea from a distance, im pretty damn sure that its a goddamn certainty that 3 meals is less optimal than 4

J Grey

« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2008, 06:52:07 PM »
4 meals is good, maybe even optimal, but IMO i really do believe that 3 meals is too few, and that 4 meals really will provide better results than just 3,, or even worse 2 or 1 meal a day.  i mean, i have never tried 3 meals out for an extended period of time to really know if itsa any worse, but just looking at the idea from a distance, im pretty damn sure that its a goddamn certainty that 3 meals is less optimal than 4

3 meals has the same effect on the body as 10 meals, 

Granted the total nutrition value of the day is equal.

Hope this helps.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2008, 07:00:31 PM »
3 meals has the same effect on the body as 10 meals, 

Granted the total nutrition value of the day is equal.

Hope this helps.
you can only release somuch nutrients into the bl;ood at one time without causing unnecessary fat stores...and the total amount of nutrients you CAN release into teh blood stream (taking into condiseration all variables including rate of digestion of different nutrients) is not enough total nutrients to keep you in a "fed state" for as long as would be needed to fill the gap inbetween 3 maeals, granted you were awake for a decent amount of hours.

nodeal

• Getbig III
« Reply #97 on: December 18, 2008, 11:15:21 PM »
you can only release somuch nutrients into the bl;ood at one time without causing unnecessary fat stores...and the total amount of nutrients you CAN release into teh blood stream (taking into condiseration all variables including rate of digestion of different nutrients) is not enough total nutrients to keep you in a "fed state" for as long as would be needed to fill the gap inbetween 3 maeals, granted you were awake for a decent amount of hours.

you know, with your "you gotta eat at least 4 meals a day" and "you gotta consume 354849526 grams of protein to be healthy" bullshit, its really apparent that you grossly underestimate the efficiency of the human body.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #98 on: December 19, 2008, 04:55:20 AM »
you know, with your "you gotta eat at least 4 meals a day" and "you gotta consume 354849526 grams of protein to be healthy" bullshit, its really apparent that you grossly underestimate the efficiency of the human body.

I would have to agree with you. People tend to make it way more complex then it has to be. I used to be like that eating 2-3 hours & getting 300+ grams of protein a day. & in all honesty I felt like shit. I was always bloated & just felt off. About two years or so ago I revamped my diet. I eat between 150-200 grams of protein a day & usually three larger meals & two "snacks" (usually at work) & I've felt better. But that's just me...people need to not be afraid to experiment a little on themselves & just do what feels right not what some study says.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #99 on: December 19, 2008, 08:52:28 AM »
maybe he likes to eat?

I usually eat every 3-4 hours. sometimes 1-2 but that's just because i have to get it all down before bed, not because i think it's optimal.
Protein = i noticed a big differnce from 150-170g and 250-270g.

1g = maintenance
1.5g = growth
2g = meat head

:D
tank u jesus