Author Topic: Detoxing/cleansing method  (Read 4837 times)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
Detoxing/cleansing method
« on: January 09, 2009, 03:08:39 AM »
This is something I put together and recommended to as many people willing to try it as I believe the benefits are tremendous ....

We put put our body through shit all the time and we need to cleanse it and detoxify it every once in a while.

3 days of apples only, peel the skin first.

1 apple every 2 hours (if they are big apples)

distilled water throughout the day (3-5 liters depending on bodyweight etc )

At the end of the third day, around 6 pm maybe, a shot of 50 ml extra virgin olive oil

followed by a 24 hour fast

at the end of the 24 hour fast, schedule a colonic

The colonic cleanse :

water should be body temperature, add 1 teaspoon of Dead Sea seasalt for about 5 l of water

Enjoy !  :)

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Re: Detoxing/cleansing method
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 03:10:18 AM »
I'd quit after 3 hours of apples..... ;D

I couldn't last 3 days of apples and then a day of water.....
No doubt about it...

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 03:15:32 AM »
Looks good, but no thanks on the colonic  :-X

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 03:16:18 AM »
apples has no protein.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 03:17:12 AM »
Looks good, but no thanks on the colonic  :-X
you would be surprised what comes out of your colon. Little shit balls stuck on the internal wall some 2-3-4 years old ....mmmm nice stuff to have inside your body .

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 03:17:55 AM »
apples has no protein.
True ...I should have specified that my cleansing method will leave you very catabolic  ;D

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 03:19:19 AM »
you would be surprised what comes out of your colon. Little shit balls stuck on the internal wall some 2-3-4 years old ....mmmm nice stuff to have inside your body .

I can force myself to get intense diarrhea, would that be as effective as a colonic??

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 03:20:55 AM »
True ...I should have specified that my cleansing method will leave you very catabolic  ;D

WELL FUCK THAT THEN!!

;D
No doubt about it...

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 03:29:53 AM »
then what is your take on those detox pills you can buy?

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 05:16:51 AM »
one should fast anywhere from 1 - 7 days depending on their experience.

Juicing veggies & fruits should be your only intake of nutrients obviously - but do you realize how much sugar you are consuming with that many apples? back off on that. And carrot juice - when i hear ppl fast they just "drink it all day!", but carrots are high sugar as well. Id eat a 80/20 ratio veggies - fruits.

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 05:23:58 AM »
This is something I put together and recommended to as many people willing to try it as I believe the benefits are tremendous ....

We put put our body through shit all the time and we need to cleanse it and detoxify it every once in a while.

At the end of the third day, around 6 pm maybe, a shot of 50 ml extra virgin olive oil

The colonic cleanse :

water should be body temperature, add 1 teaspoon of Dead Sea seasalt for about 5 l of water

Scientists dismiss 'detox myth' 

There is no evidence that products widely promoted to help the body "detox" work, scientists warn.

The charitable trust Sense About Science reviewed 15 products, from bottled water to face scrub, and found many detox claims were "meaningless".

Anyone worried about the after-effects of Christmas overindulgence would get the same benefits from eating healthily and getting plenty of sleep, they said.

Advertising regulators said they looked at such issues on a case-by-case basis.

The investigation, done by research members of the Voice of Young Science network, was kicked off by a campaign to unpick "dodgy" science claims - where companies use phrases that sound scientific but do not actually mean anything.

The minimum sellers of detox products should be able to offer is a clear understanding of what detox is and proof that their product actually works

Tom Wells, chemist

They challenged the companies behind products such as vitamins, shampoo, detox patches and a body brush on the evidence they had to support the detox claims made.

No two companies seemed to use the same definition of detox - defined by the Oxford English Dictionary as the removal of toxic substances or qualities.

In the majority of cases, producers and retailers were forced to admit that they had simply renamed processes like cleaning or brushing, as detox, the scientists said.

Toxins

One researcher investigated a Garnier face wash which claimed to detoxify the skin by removing toxins.

''Your body is the best detox product you have'' - Sense about Science
The "toxins" turned out to be the dirt, make-up and skin oils that any cleanser would be expected to remove, she said.
A five-day detox plan from Boots which claimed to detoxify the body and flush away toxins was also criticised for not being backed by evidence.

Evelyn Harvey, a biologist who looked into the product, said that if consumers followed the healthy diet that was recommended alongside the supplement they would probably feel better - but it would have nothing to do with the product itself.

The researchers warned that, at worst, some detox diets could have dangerous consequences and, at best, they were a waste of money.

Tom Wells, a chemist who took part in the research, said: "The minimum sellers of detox products should be able to offer is a clear understanding of what detox is and proof that their product actually works.

"The people we contacted could do neither."

Alice Tuff, from Sense About Science, added: "It is ridiculous that we're seeing a return to mystical properties being claimed for products in the 21st Century and I'm really pleased that young scientists are sharing their concerns about this with the public."

The Advertising Standards Authority said it would investigate such claims on a case-by-case basis if a complaint was made.

"If a product is making claims not substantiated by the evidence submitted by the company we would challenge that."

A spokeswoman from Boots said its five-day detox plan encouraged people to drink water and includes ingredients that "battle against toxins and help protect from the dangers of free radicals".

And Garnier commented: "All Garnier products undergo rigorous testing and evaluation to ensure that our claims are accurate and noticeable by our consumers."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7808348.stm

It hasn't helped...

physicsgeek

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 05:47:08 AM »
Looks like a good ol' waste of time.

brudge

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 05:52:32 AM »

Scientists dismiss 'detox myth' 

There is no evidence that products widely promoted to help the body "detox" work, scientists warn.

The charitable trust Sense About Science reviewed 15 products, from bottled water to face scrub, and found many detox claims were "meaningless".

Anyone worried about the after-effects of Christmas overindulgence would get the same benefits from eating healthily and getting plenty of sleep, they said.

Advertising regulators said they looked at such issues on a case-by-case basis.

The investigation, done by research members of the Voice of Young Science network, was kicked off by a campaign to unpick "dodgy" science claims - where companies use phrases that sound scientific but do not actually mean anything.

The minimum sellers of detox products should be able to offer is a clear understanding of what detox is and proof that their product actually works

Tom Wells, chemist

They challenged the companies behind products such as vitamins, shampoo, detox patches and a body brush on the evidence they had to support the detox claims made.

No two companies seemed to use the same definition of detox - defined by the Oxford English Dictionary as the removal of toxic substances or qualities.

In the majority of cases, producers and retailers were forced to admit that they had simply renamed processes like cleaning or brushing, as detox, the scientists said.

Toxins

One researcher investigated a Garnier face wash which claimed to detoxify the skin by removing toxins.

''Your body is the best detox product you have'' - Sense about Science
The "toxins" turned out to be the dirt, make-up and skin oils that any cleanser would be expected to remove, she said.
A five-day detox plan from Boots which claimed to detoxify the body and flush away toxins was also criticised for not being backed by evidence.

Evelyn Harvey, a biologist who looked into the product, said that if consumers followed the healthy diet that was recommended alongside the supplement they would probably feel better - but it would have nothing to do with the product itself.

The researchers warned that, at worst, some detox diets could have dangerous consequences and, at best, they were a waste of money.

Tom Wells, a chemist who took part in the research, said: "The minimum sellers of detox products should be able to offer is a clear understanding of what detox is and proof that their product actually works.

"The people we contacted could do neither."

Alice Tuff, from Sense About Science, added: "It is ridiculous that we're seeing a return to mystical properties being claimed for products in the 21st Century and I'm really pleased that young scientists are sharing their concerns about this with the public."

The Advertising Standards Authority said it would investigate such claims on a case-by-case basis if a complaint was made.

"If a product is making claims not substantiated by the evidence submitted by the company we would challenge that."

A spokeswoman from Boots said its five-day detox plan encouraged people to drink water and includes ingredients that "battle against toxins and help protect from the dangers of free radicals".

And Garnier commented: "All Garnier products undergo rigorous testing and evaluation to ensure that our claims are accurate and noticeable by our consumers."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7808348.stm

I read a similar artice from a different source the other day.  Waste of time.  Not too mention eating apples for 3 days can't be healthy.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2009, 06:05:51 AM »

The colonic cleanse :

I would make some great "appledumps"

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2009, 07:13:14 AM »
Just drink Vodka till you puke.

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2009, 07:16:21 AM »
Check Penn & teller's 'Bullshit' episode on colonoscopy, season 6 I believe.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2009, 07:17:16 AM »
I just go to McDonald's.  Eat 3 big macs a large fry and some nuggets.  Then watch the poo fly!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2009, 07:18:37 AM »
I just go to McDonald's.  Eat 3 big macs a large fry and some nuggets.  Then watch the poo fly!

I need to wash that down with one of their shakes then I'm ready...

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2009, 07:22:31 AM »

I need to wash that down with one of their shakes then I'm ready...

yip yip...the finishing touch.  why does sev make it more difficult that it has to be?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2009, 07:57:51 AM »
''Your body is the best detox product you have''  Thank you smaul. I came here to say the same thing. Farking get a grip people. Use your heads, please.  ::)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2009, 08:09:05 AM »
I just eat a bunch of fried chicken....still get my protein and it loosens me up right nice.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2009, 08:20:55 AM »
''Your body is the best detox product you have''  Thank you smaul. I came here to say the same thing. Farking get a grip people. Use your heads, please.  ::)

You drink Guinness right? detox is easy for you :D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2009, 09:54:16 AM »
Can I eat Apple Pies.  And I fast all the time.  I eat as fast as I can.  Does this count. ;D

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2009, 09:55:04 AM »
Can I eat Apple Pies.  And I fast all the time.  I eat as fast as I can.  Does this count. ;D

sued

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2009, 01:21:27 PM »
then what is your take on those detox pills you can buy?
aa..no!