Author Topic: Circuit City to shut down  (Read 8635 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Circuit City to shut down
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2009, 03:59:04 PM »
Pay attention Beach... It is unfair because if I sell a TV and it gets stolen, I have to pay for the loss, where Wal-Mart DOES NOT.

Because they are so LARGE, the manufacturers throw them that bone, where a small TV seller can not get that.

It is COMPLETELY unfair to small business owners who sell the same things Wal-Mart does... It's not ILLEGAL, but it is HIGHLY unfair.

The fact you do not get this is mind boggling.

The fact I disagree is mind-boggling?  O.K. . . .

Look, there is nothing unfair about a small business being unable to get the same contract as a larger business.  Maybe the small business needs to grow if it wants to compete.  Maybe it needs to go work a deal with Target or K-Mart, etc.  Maybe it needs to find another line of work.    

There is nothing unfair about Walmart negotiating contracts.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2009, 04:00:16 PM »
Wish I could.

Why don't you go catch up on "Made in America". 

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHHAHA

Diaper change?  Have you soiled yourself today?

Now get off Mommy and Daddy's computer before you get grounded.     

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2009, 04:00:57 PM »
The fact I disagree is mind-boggling?  O.K. . . .

Look, there is nothing unfair about a small business being unable to get the same contract as a larger business.  Maybe the small business needs to grow if it wants to compete.  Maybe it needs to go work a deal with Target or K-Mart, etc.  Maybe it needs to find another line of work.    

There is nothing unfair about Walmart negotiating contracts.  

It's monopolistic... That's the basis of Monopolies... This is why AT&T got blown apart and Microsoft had hefty fines... Same thing.

How you don't see it really IS shocking to me.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2009, 04:01:11 PM »
Before you attempt "Made in America" again you should work on this simpleton.

Reading Comprehension - http://www.rhlschool.com/reading.htm

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
S

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2009, 04:03:28 PM »
Before you attempt "Made in America" again you should work on this simpleton.

Reading Comprehension - http://www.rhlschool.com/reading.htm

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You're starting to bore me kid.  Go suck a lollipop or something. 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2009, 04:03:38 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA
S

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2009, 04:07:14 PM »
It's monopolistic... That's the basis of Monopolies... This is why AT&T got blown apart and Microsoft had hefty fines... Same thing.

How you don't see it really IS shocking to me.

No it isn't.  It's savvy business dealings.  Why shouldn't Walmart negotiate the best contracts possible?  They're also benefiting the businesses who are selling products to Walmart.  

What you've described is not a monopoly.  When they start to dominate the market then let me know.  I can leave my office (which I'm about to do) and go to Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Longs, Don Quixote, and others all within about a 5 mile radius.  I have plenty of choices.  I'm sure that's true in every big city.  

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2009, 04:33:42 PM »
No it isn't.  It's savvy business dealings.  Why shouldn't Walmart negotiate the best contracts possible?  They're also benefiting the businesses who are selling products to Walmart.  

What you've described is not a monopoly.  When they start to dominate the market then let me know.  I can leave my office (which I'm about to do) and go to Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Longs, Don Quixote, and others all within about a 5 mile radius.  I have plenty of choices.  I'm sure that's true in every big city.  

There were other long distance companies, but AT&T still got split up.

Wal-Mart IS a monopoly when it comes to distributing products.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2009, 04:39:42 PM »
There were other long distance companies, but AT&T still got split up.

Wal-Mart IS a monopoly when it comes to distributing products.

Here is the definition:

(economics) a market in which there are many buyers but only one seller; "a monopoly on silver"; "when you have a monopoly you can ask any price ...
exclusive control or possession of something; "They have no monopoly on intelligence"

wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Walmart is not the only seller of products.  They're not even close to being the only seller.  I think we have as many K-Mart stores as we do Walmart stores in Hawaii.  We also have a number of other stores that compete with Walmart.  I'm sure that is true in every major city. 

But I’m out.  Have a good weekend. 

I'm on my way to Walmart to buy my radio . . . .  :)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2009, 12:54:43 PM »
Remember that time Beach Bum claimed he read "Made in America", than someone mentioned the Walton family and he said he didn't know who they were.

Ultimate owning HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Anyone have a link to that thread.

You got to be kidding.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2009, 12:56:23 PM »
You got to be kidding.

Actually, no... That is a factual statment.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2009, 01:01:36 PM »

I'm on my way to Walmart to buy my radio . . . .  :)

Buying a chinese piece of crap radio from a piece of crap company... Where's your American pride?

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2009, 01:04:16 PM »
Buying a chinese piece of crap radio from a piece of crap company... Where's your American pride?

Soon all of us will be shopping at Walmart. :'(

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2009, 02:51:12 PM »

Made in China, purchased at an American store founded by one of our greatest Americans.  Very proud of my new radio.   :)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2009, 08:38:43 PM »
Made in China, purchased at an American store founded by one of our greatest Americans.  Very proud of my new radio.   :)

The Wal-Mart of Sam Walton is NOT the same Wal-Mart today... His children destroyed what he wanted.

He did not like supercenters and he would not have started buying crap made in China.

You really don't know much about Sam Walton do you?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2009, 02:03:13 PM »
The Wal-Mart of Sam Walton is NOT the same Wal-Mart today... His children destroyed what he wanted.

He did not like supercenters and he would not have started buying crap made in China.

You really don't know much about Sam Walton do you?

No it's not the same.  It's bigger, better, more profitable, serves more consumers, and employs more workers. 

He would have purchased goods from wherever he could have obtained the best deals.  He would have purchased "crap" from China too, because all of his competitors do the same thing.  He would have adapted along with the marketplace to stay competitive.   

I know a little about Sam Walton.   :)   You don't know much about how businesses operate do you?  Who steals TVs from Walmart??  Monopolies?  Questioning American pride because a person shops at an American company, but buys foreign made products?  Absurd. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2009, 02:38:07 PM »
No it's not the same.  It's bigger, better, more profitable, serves more consumers, and employs more workers. 

He would have purchased goods from wherever he could obtained the best deals.  He would purchased "crap" from China too, because all of his competitors do the same thing.  He would have adapted along with the marketplace to stay competitive.   

I know a little about Sam Walton.   :)   You don't know much about how businesses operate do you?  Who steals TVs from Walmart??  Monopolies?  Questioning American pride because a person shops at an American company, but buys foreign made products?  Absurd. 

No, no he wouldn't...  He was absolutely against the Supercenter and shot down the idea every time his children brought it up.

It wasn't until he died that a Super Center was ever built.

Sam Walton would not have bought from China... He may have bought some things, but those "Made in the USA" logos that he used to have got immediately taken down when he died.

You really don't know much about the guy...

I know a lot about small business... Just because you run your business a certain way doesn't mean everyone else does.

Wal Mart is bigger, but it's not better, and while it may service more people, or employee a few more people, the difference is very nominal.

People steal lots of things from Wal-Mart... Using the TV in the scenario was simply a way to make a point, or didn't you get that part?

::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2009, 02:51:35 PM »
No, no he wouldn't...  He was absolutely against the Supercenter and shot down the idea every time his children brought it up.

It wasn't until he died that a Super Center was ever built.

Sam Walton would not have bought from China... He may have bought some things, but those "Made in the USA" logos that he used to have got immediately taken down when he died.

You really don't know much about the guy...

I know a lot about small business... Just because you run your business a certain way doesn't mean everyone else does.

Wal Mart is bigger, but it's not better, and while it may service more people, or employee a few more people, the difference is very nominal.

People steal lots of things from Wal-Mart... Using the TV in the scenario was simply a way to make a point, or didn't you get that part?

::)

Oh sure I've seen plenty of people steal TVs from Walmart.  lol . . .

There is no way Walmart would have been able to grow the way it has if it didn't purchase foreign-made products.  They're no different than any other large company.  They all do it.  They'll all continue to do it until we start making better and cheaper products at home. 

It's lunchtime.  I'm thinking of Chinese food.  :)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2009, 02:53:31 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Tackled it yet?

Maybe you should try something like this first...

S

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2009, 02:54:54 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Tackled it yet?

Maybe you should try something like this first...

Hahaha... I'm sure he's gotten someone to read it to him by now.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2009, 03:00:33 PM »
 :)  I'm actually trying to research theft of TVs from Walmart.  I hear it's a chronic problem.   :)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2009, 03:02:53 PM »
:)  I'm actually trying to research theft of TVs from Walmart.  I hear it's a chronic problem.   :)

You'd know if you ever worked there... or maybe if your brother at one time worked security for a Wal-Mart... Oh wait... That's me.

:)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2009, 03:05:10 PM »
You'd know if you ever worked there... or maybe if your brother at one time worked security for a Wal-Mart... Oh wait... That's me.

:)

Riiight.  Don't tell me:  TVs flying out the door left and right.  lol . . .   

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2009, 03:06:43 PM »
Riiight.  Don't tell me:  TVs flying out the door left and right.  lol . . .  

So it's ok as long as it's just 1 or 2... That makes the unfair advantage A-OK.

Doesn't change the policies which are unfair to small business owners... You are so wrong, yet you refuse to admit it.

I guess it makes sense considering you like "staying the course" no matter how ridiculous you look.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2009, 03:14:29 PM »
So it's ok as long as it's just 1 or 2... That makes the unfair advantage A-OK.

Doesn't change the policies which are unfair to small business owners... You are so wrong, yet you refuse to admit it.

I guess it makes sense considering you like "staying the course" no matter how ridiculous you look.

No it's not O.K.  It just shows the entire basis for your initial problem with Walmart doesn't make any sense.  You need a better hypothetical.   

How in the world am I "wrong"?  You know the difference between fact and opinion.  What we've both expressed is an opinion.  As I tried to explain earlier in the thread, you a have a problem with how Walmart does business.  I don't (at least not what you’ve described).  Nothing unfair about contracts that both sides agree to sign. 

What is your solution?  Have the government dictate the terms of contracts between Walmart and its vendors? 

What the heck is "staying the course"?  Have no idea what you're talking about.