Author Topic: Killing children/your child because god told you to  (Read 41762 times)

fitt@40

• Getbig II
Re: Killing children/your child because god told you to
« Reply #175 on: April 02, 2009, 12:26:55 PM »
Why are you so certain it is the Christian god? Why not one of the thousands of others worshipped by men?

As I have said many times before, it is all about faith.  My Faith is the result of a combination of many things.  As a child, I was not taught any religious beliefs.  My mother took me took church only once (around the age of seven or eight).  Though I was never taught or read the Bible, things were revealed to me.  When I was 13, I had a discussion with a Minister, who also has a Ph.D in theology.  I will not bore you with details of our coversation, but he asked me many times, "how could you possibly know that?"  I do not say these things to be boastful in any manner, but rather show that I am living proof of God's Truth.  I believe that God has had mercy on me long before I accepted Him.  I have seen miracles.  You have called me crazy (nut-case...or something like that), but I could tell you things that I have witnessed that you, and most people, would not believe.  I have tried running away from God, but because He knows my heart, He has had mercy on me.   You are correct in that there are thousands of other gods.  Some are man-made and many are really gods...so to speak.  This is why our Father says not to put any other god before Him.  If you truly want to know if my God is real, put away all of your doubt and open your heart, mind and soul to Him.  I am not suggesting that you follow some TV Evangelist or even a local minister.  I suggesting that go straight to Him.  If He is real, and you are sincere, then change will happen.  If He is not real, what do you have to lose?  Believe it or not, I have actually been praying for you.  I understand that you may not want that or could care less, but as I have said to you before, I am not your enemy.  I do not have any agendas.  I only want that the Will of God be done.

fitt@40

• Getbig II
« Reply #176 on: April 02, 2009, 12:28:16 PM »
If I had to guess it's because that's what his parents brought him up to believe.

You posted this as I was typing my response to Deicide. 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #177 on: April 02, 2009, 12:33:01 PM »
If I had to guess it's because that's what his parents brought him up to believe.

Exactemente cabron...
I hate the State.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #178 on: April 02, 2009, 01:05:04 PM »
Exactemente cabron...

;D

big L dawg habla Espaņol tambien?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #179 on: April 02, 2009, 01:19:33 PM »
Bump for OzmO to answer:

The Amalikites were already defeated on the field of battle.

Please expand on this or post the other person's quote.  I am really interested.  Were they really already defeated on the field of battle?  Was there even a "field of battle."? 

The Amalekites did not call Israel and tell only their men to meet them in some battle field to fight.  They attacked Israel where they were, with their women, their children, their young and their old.

Israel then did the same.  They pursued the Amalekites and fought them where they found them, with their men, their women, their children, their animals and their possessions.  They did not meet them in some battle field...unless there is a record in the Bible I missed.  If so, please let me see it.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #180 on: April 02, 2009, 01:42:13 PM »
Bump for OzmO to answer:

Please expand on this or post the other person's quote.  I am really interested.  Were they really already defeated on the field of battle?  Was there even a "field of battle."? 

The Amalekites did not call Israel and tell only their men to meet them in some battle field to fight.  They attacked Israel where they were, with their women, their children, their young and their old.

Israel then did the same.  They pursued the Amalekites and fought them where they found them, with their men, their women, their children, their animals and their possessions.  They did not meet them in some battle field...unless there is a record in the Bible I missed.  If so, please let me see it.

I told you, read about military history and how battles/wars are fought.  You'll find your answer there

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #181 on: April 02, 2009, 01:45:21 PM »
I told you, read about military history and how battles/wars are fought.  You'll find your answer there

::)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: April 02, 2009, 01:50:28 PM »

It's pretty simple.  That's how battles were fought back then.  And approaching army was met on "a field of battle".  Unless of course they were "raiding" them in which killing children and the elderly is still completely avoidable.   That's the thing about swords......they allow the user to discriminate.   :D

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: April 02, 2009, 01:52:19 PM »
If you insist that you do not accuse Christians and Jews of genocide and infanticide simply for believing that the Old Testament is the word of God, then let that go on record here.

I apologize if I misunderstood you and thank you for making the above clear for everyone here!

Sure, I'll do that.  But please answer my questions above.  Like I said, I want to know when this was said about the Amalekites specifically and where you get it from.  Thanks!

If i insist?  You made a false claim and couldn't back it up.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #184 on: April 02, 2009, 02:11:35 PM »
If i insist?  You made a false claim and couldn't back it up.

I was nice enough to apologize and thank you for clearing that up, but you can't let it go.  Don't push your luck, little man!

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: April 02, 2009, 02:16:30 PM »

I was nice enough to apologize and thank you for clearing that up, but you can't let it go.  Don't push your luck, little man!

I shouldn't have to insist that such a fraudulent baseless claim be cleared up.  And it was only after asking you to show proof several times which you ducked.  If you had any integrity you wouldn't have made the claim in the first place.

no worries, business as usual from the drama queen.   :D 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #186 on: April 02, 2009, 02:19:00 PM »
It's pretty simple.  That's how battles were fought back then.  And approaching army was met on "a field of battle".  Unless of course they were "raiding" them in which killing children and the elderly is still completely avoidable.   That's the thing about swords......they allow the user to discriminate.   :D

So that's how all battles were fought back then?   ::)

We've had a similar discussion before, one in which you claimed that Israel took women with them on the road to search for and fight the Amalekites, remember?  You said all armies back then took women with them to cook for the soldiers, remember?  You claimed it was true because "that's how all battles were fought back then."  You got owned on that one once I presented the historical evidence that few battles were fought like that back then, as you usually do when it comes to world history.  Want me to dig that up to refresh your memory?

Your claim that Israel only fought Amalekite men on a battle field is just as good as if I were to claim that the Amalekites used women and children as human shields, no?  Because that never happens in battels, right?    ::)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #187 on: April 02, 2009, 02:20:12 PM »
I shouldn't have to insist that such a fraudulent baseless claim be cleared up.  And it was only after asking you to show proof several times which you ducked. 

no worries, business as usual from the drama queen.   :D 

I did show you, then you claimed I misundertood your post.   ::)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: April 02, 2009, 02:22:51 PM »
So that's how all battles were fought back then?   ::)

We've had a similar discussion before, one in which you claimed that Israel took women with them on the road to search for and fight the Amalekites, remember?  You said all armies back then took women with them to cook for the soldiers, remember?  You claimed it was true because "that's how all battles were fought back then."  You got owned on that one once I presented the historical evidence that few battles were fought like that back then, as you usually do when it comes to world history.  Want me to dig that up to refresh your memory?

Your claim that Israel only fought Amalekite men on a battle field is just as good as if I were to claim that the Amalekites used women and children as human shields, no?  Because that never happens in battels, right?    ::)

Owned?  I didn't get owned back then.  Stop smoking bible pages.  Traveling armies did take a contingent of support personal with them that many times depending on the distance traveled included women and children.  Regardless, they were left away from the field of battle when the battle was fought.

The whole idea of using children as shields doesn't work with swords, dummy.

either way it doesn't matter, children with them or not.  They chose to murder children when they didn't have to.  end of story.

You worship a murderer of children.  ;)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: April 02, 2009, 02:24:08 PM »
I did show you, then you claimed I misundertood your post.   ::)

Didn't have to claim anything.  I didn't say it and you couldn't show it.

Fess up drama queen.

Or do you have another lie you want to tell?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #190 on: April 02, 2009, 02:27:52 PM »
Owned?  I didn't get owned back then.  Stop smoking bible pages.  Traveling armies did take a contingent of support personal with them that many times depending on the distance traveled included women and children.  Regardless, they were left away from the field of battle when the battle was fought.

The whole idea of using children as shields doesn't work with swords, dummy.

I dig it up when I get a chance.

Oh, and they did not have spears and arrows back then, did they?     ::)

I've tried to keep it civilized, but that's impossible with you.  You can't have a discussion without resorting to name calling.  How old are you OzmO, if you don't mind me asking?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #191 on: April 02, 2009, 02:31:33 PM »
Didn't have to claim anything.  I didn't say it and you couldn't show it.

Fess up drama queen.

Or do you have another lie you want to tell?

We all know you were trying to portray Christians and Jews as dangerous people just because we believe that the Old Testament is the word of God.

But after calling you out, your rants have now made it clear that Christians and Jews are not dangerous just for believing that the Old Testament is the word of God.  So I'm cool with that.  Thanks OzmO!    ;D

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: April 02, 2009, 02:33:15 PM »
I dig it up when I get a chance.

Oh, and they did not have spears and arrows back then, did they?     ::)

I've tried to keep it civilized, but that's impossible with you.  You can't have a discussion without resorting to name calling. 

No you didn't try to keep it civilized.  You still had your arrogant sniveling attitude even then making sound like I was out of line for "insisting" it be cleared up.  You made an accusation you couldn't back up.  Got any more lies you'd like to tell?

The only weapon indiscriminate is a bomb.  Arrows and spears can be aimed and it's ignorant to think that's why ALL the children died.

Come on Loco.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #193 on: April 02, 2009, 02:36:40 PM »
No you didn't try to keep it civilized.  You still had your arrogant sniveling attitude even then making sound like I was out of line for "insisting" it be cleared up.  You made an accusation you couldn't back up.  Got any more lies you'd like to tell?

The only weapon indiscriminate is a bomb.  Arrows and spears can be aimed and it's ignorant to think that's why ALL the children died.

Come on Loco.

A bomb?  ::)

I did not make the claim that they used women and children as human shields.  I was saying such a claim is as good as yours since neither is recorded in the Bible.  If you are going to make that claim about the specific battle between King Saul and the Amalekites, then back it up.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: April 02, 2009, 02:57:10 PM »

A bomb?  ::)

I did not make the claim that they used women and children as human shields.  I was saying such a claim is as good as yours since neither is recorded in the Bible.  If you are going to make that claim about the specific battle between King Saul and the Amalekites, then back it up.

i don't need to back it up.  The Jews met the Amalekites on the field of battle and killed them all and then proceeded to kill every remaining man women and child.   

Those fields of battle may have been villages, cities, towns, or hamlets because the Jews may have ambushed them or raided them.  Regardless, the resistance was squashed and the killing of innocent people and children followed.

So either way it doesn't really matter. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: April 02, 2009, 03:03:24 PM »
We all know you were trying to portray Christians and Jews as dangerous people just because we believe that the Old Testament is the word of God.

But after calling you out, your rants have now made it clear that Christians and Jews are not dangerous just for believing that the Old Testament is the word of God.  So I'm cool with that.  Thanks OzmO!    ;D

That's not what I'm trying to do at all.  I've said many many times, my whole point to this:  the Bible isn't the 100% WOG.  Simple as that.  Willingness to kill an innocent child on God's orders did not come from me.

Does that make a "person" dangerous.  I think so.  Does that one person make christians and Jews dangerous?  No. 

Do I believe this person would ever carry out that order?  I'd bet against that he would. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #196 on: April 02, 2009, 03:34:57 PM »
i don't need to back it up.  The Jews met the Amalekites on the field of battle and killed them all and then proceeded to kill every remaining man women and child.   

Those fields of battle may have been villages, cities, towns, or hamlets because the Jews may have ambushed them or raided them.  Regardless, the resistance was squashed and the killing of innocent people and children followed.

So either way it doesn't really matter. 

You may not want to, or you may not be able to, but you do need to back up this bold, detailed claim.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: April 02, 2009, 03:36:54 PM »
You may not want to, or you may not be able to, but you do need to back up this bold, detailed claim.

I need to back up the claim that i don't need to back it up?   :-\ ???

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #198 on: April 02, 2009, 03:49:54 PM »
I need to back up the claim that i don't need to back it up?   :-\ ???

I said you have made a claim that you can't back up.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #199 on: April 02, 2009, 03:52:27 PM »
As I have said many times before, it is all about faith.  My Faith is the result of a combination of many things.  As a child, I was not taught any religious beliefs.  My mother took me took church only once (around the age of seven or eight).  Though I was never taught or read the Bible, things were revealed to me.  When I was 13, I had a discussion with a Minister, who also has a Ph.D in theology.  I will not bore you with details of our coversation, but he asked me many times, "how could you possibly know that?"  I do not say these things to be boastful in any manner, but rather show that I am living proof of God's Truth.  I believe that God has had mercy on me long before I accepted Him.  I have seen miracles.  You have called me crazy (nut-case...or something like that), but I could tell you things that I have witnessed that you, and most people, would not believe.  I have tried running away from God, but because He knows my heart, He has had mercy on me.   You are correct in that there are thousands of other gods.  Some are man-made and many are really gods...so to speak.  This is why our Father says not to put any other god before Him.  If you truly want to know if my God is real, put away all of your doubt and open your heart, mind and soul to Him.  I am not suggesting that you follow some TV Evangelist or even a local minister.  I suggesting that go straight to Him.  If He is real, and you are sincere, then change will happen.  If He is not real, what do you have to lose?  Believe it or not, I have actually been praying for you.  I understand that you may not want that or could care less, but as I have said to you before, I am not your enemy.  I do not have any agendas.  I only want that the Will of God be done.

I am sure that is how you feel but for me there is no evidence, so I reject it. It's pretty simple. As for prayer, there's a saying I like.

"One pair of working hands is more useful than a thousand clasped in prayer." :)
I hate the State.