Author Topic: any advice for our friend 'windsor88'? he is facing major jail time!!!  (Read 8427 times)

Big Mark C

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV

way too tough.  I may have had a little over an ounce but under 2 for sure.  I am looking at 5-15 years without a plea. I am just hoping for the best.

PRAXIS

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: why does getbig attract criminals?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 10:40:28 PM »
Fool you better take a plea and shoot for 16 with half. Take that thing to the box and wind up sitting there for 8 years. Dont be stupid.

ASJChaotic

Believe me I don't want to go but I got busted a few days ago with a felony amount of weed and pipes and grow lights.  They found grow lights but I wasn't growing anything.  They were packed in the closet.  It was the drug task force and they were all in swat gear and masks.   It is bad times right now at the Windsor88 house.  I am just hoping for the best but I have shitty luck.  All of this from an "anonymous" tip.  I know who did it but can't do shit about it.  I hope I got a helluva attorney. 

5-15 years in jail?

Damn  :o

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Locking people up for weed is stupid.
I am a big baby

The Coach

Here's some advice.....don't pick up the soap.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
I was facing two years in jail in 2007 for assaulting a police officer and some other nonsense charges.  End result, not guilty on all four charges.

My advice: don't take a plea.  But better yet, get a good lawyer and take his or her advice.

In all types of legal matters, the police, crown attorney [DA in the USA], or citizen charging you will always grossly overcharge in cases they know they cannot prove. This is done to obtain leverage for possible plea scenarios. Understanding some of the unofficial workings of the law like that are beneficial to anyone going through the legal system.

In Ontario, you would likely not see a courtroom for under two ounces of marijuana.  Judges openly refuse cases that are that petty.

Here is the news item which details the fall of one of the city's hash oil kingpins for 15 years running:

http://www.fftimes.com/comment/reply/57704

He served 18 months in a low security facility.

Drug laws are ineffective.  It's too bad the government of Missouri doesn't know that.  :-X
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Canada in general is a lot more forgiving for first time offences and prison time.

there are a lot of crimes in canada that you would get house arrest for, that in the states you would go to jail..
Flower Boy Ran Away

ASJChaotic

I was facing two years in jail in 2007 for assaulting a police officer and some other nonsense charges.  End result, not guilty on all four charges.

My advice: don't take a plea.  But better yet, get a good lawyer and take his or her advice.

In all types of legal matters, the police, crown attorney [DA in the USA], or citizen charging you will always grossly overcharge in cases they know they cannot prove. This is done to obtain leverage for possible plea scenarios. Understanding some of the unofficial workings of the law like that are beneficial to anyone going through the legal system.

In Ontario, you would likely not see a courtroom for under two ounces of marijuana.  Judges openly refuse cases that are that petty.

Here is the news item which details the fall of one of the city's hash oil kingpins for 15 years running:

http://www.fftimes.com/comment/reply/57704

He served 18 months in a low security facility.

Drug laws are ineffective.  It's too bad the government of Missouri doesn't know that.  :-X

Good to have you back Matt  :)

Matt C

• Getbig V
Canada in general is a lot more forgiving for first time offences and prison time.

there are a lot of crimes in canada that you would get house arrest for, that in the states you would go to jail..

Case in point, a story recently in my city where someone did nine months of house arrest for 10 pounds of marijuana.  I've heard of cases where people got off with less than that.

We have very little violent crime in Canada...but I promised Ron I wouldn't say why.  ;D
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Matt C

• Getbig V

Good to have you back Matt  :)

Hey thanks man!!!!
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Re: any advice for our friend 'windsor88'? he is facing major jail time!!!
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 11:08:39 PM »
Case in point, a story recently in my city where someone did nine months of house arrest for 10 pounds of marijuana.  I've heard of cases where people got off with less than that.

We have very little violent crime in Canada...but I promised Ron I wouldn't say why.  ;D

I read about a case that was published in a local paper about a man who was convicted of manslaughter (I believe vehicle related) and was not given jail time. 12 months house arrest..fine, probation. but no jail time. I was shocked..

its harder to go to jail in canada..
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2009, 11:10:05 PM »
what state is this in? state laws re possession vary.

you may not be looking at any jail time..
Flower Boy Ran Away

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2009, 11:12:38 PM »
You'll be fine. Don't take the deal unless you love the deal. The end. I am supremely qualified to speak on this matter.
a

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2009, 11:26:10 PM »
That sucks for Windsor - good guy all around.

He needs the services of Paul Hupp LLB, like Vince Basile needs a stranger's funeral to crash!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2009, 11:27:17 PM »

1) That 'deal' is only a 'deal' for the bad guys, not you. 

2) Don't rat out your friends.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 12:13:14 AM »

Fine then....in that case, I'll say it.

Plazmosis is in the water in Canada.....
HAHA, RON.....

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2009, 12:43:30 AM »
well they have a year to file charges so I am sure I will be waiting for awhile. 

I am pretty much in shock over this and my wife is suffering too.  That makes it really hard for me.  I am not a drug dealer.  Never sold anything in my life.  I just smoke pot.  Well...I used to anyway.  I just do not understand why it is OK for someone with some bullshit medical marijuana card to smoke but I can't. 

I co-operated with the cops and showed them where it was.  Hell..I thought they had the wrong house and were looking for a meth lab which is not unusual in Missouri.  I really think I hung myself by being honest.  But hey guys...thanks for your concern and if I do go to the pokey I will make sure I represent GetBig to the fullest.  Maybe Ron can pull some strings for me.  ???

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2009, 12:52:10 AM »
Fine then....in that case, I'll say it.

Plazmosis is in the water in Canada.....

It must be the polyrachis ant extract.  :-X
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2009, 12:59:39 AM »
Locking people up for weed is stupid.

QFT.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2009, 01:00:36 AM »
what state is this in? state laws re possession vary.

you may not be looking at any jail time..

Federal laws override state laws... :-\
I hate the State.

Matt C

• Getbig V
Bodybuilding Pro.com

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2009, 01:04:49 AM »
how did the cops end up at your house? who ratted you out?

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2009, 01:07:28 AM »

Was it a raid?  For two ounces of weed?  LOL!!!!

Meanwhile little girls are being sexually violated.  :-\
Bodybuilding Pro.com

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2009, 01:47:32 AM »

It was a family member on my wifes side that was holding a grudge.  They said it was an anonymous tip that came on a hotline.  I know damn well who did it.   >:(

The only thing that keeps me from confronting this individual is my wife.  That and I want my freedom.  There will come a day though where they will have to face the consequences just like I am now.  Karma is a bitch.

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2009, 01:49:10 AM »
Federal laws override state laws... :-\

Believe me I wish it was a federal crime.  They are way more lenient.