Author Topic: Obama invokes Jesus Christ more than Bush Did  (Read 4040 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Obama invokes Jesus Christ more than Bush Did
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2010, 04:15:35 PM »
If he promised to leave me alone, not tax me more, not enatc insane policies, I would vote for that person. 

Yeah.  I'm sure a lot of people would agree with you.  Just not enough to make a difference in a national election.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2010, 04:31:16 PM »
I think it's just a matter of preference and shows how important faith is in this country.  I don't have a problem with atheists.  One of my good buddies is an atheist (among other atheist friends), but I wouldn't want them running the country.  I'd rather have someone who believes in a higher power.

What does belief in a higher power have to do with your office?
I hate the State.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2010, 04:39:21 PM »
What does belief in a higher power have to do with your office?

Among other things, it has to do with decision-making, particularly in crisis, and humility.  It's one of the things that keeps me and other Christians grounded.  I know that whatever success I may have is a result of God's grace.  I'd like to see the same kind of recognition in our president.   

BTW, the Democrat nominee for governor here (former Congressman Neil Abercrombie) is rumored to be an atheist.  Probably not enough time to confirm this before November, but if true it would kill his campaign. 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2010, 04:44:05 PM »
Among other things, it has to do with decision-making, particularly in crisis, and humility.  It's one of the things that keeps me and other Christians grounded.  I know that whatever success I may have is a result of God's grace.  I'd like to see the same kind of recognition in our president.   

BTW, the Democrat nominee for governor here (former Congressman Neil Abercrombie) is rumored to be an atheist.  Probably not enough time to confirm this before November, but if true it would kill his campaign. 

In a crisis you want an intelligent rational, human being, not someone who thinks his decisions are merely putty in god's hands. Ronnie Coleman does the same thing, thanks god for his success (and forgets to thank the boatload of chemicals he uses). I don't want a Ronnie for president.
I hate the State.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2010, 04:50:54 PM »
In a crisis you want an intelligent rational, human being, not someone who thinks his decisions are merely putty in god's hands. Ronnie Coleman does the same thing, thanks god for his success (and forgets to thank the boatload of chemicals he uses). I don't want a Ronnie for president.

No, in a crisis I want an intelligent, rational person who prays about whatever decision they're going to make, and then makes the smartest decision possible based on all the facts and circumstances. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2010, 04:52:18 PM »
No, in a crisis I want an intelligent, rational person who prays about whatever decision they're going to make, and then makes the smartest decision possible based on all the facts and circumstances. 

In a crisis, i just want to get bitter, cling to my beer, cling to my guns, guns, and my blackberry.   ;D  ;D 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2010, 05:30:01 PM »
Praying over a decision is akin to saying, "Fuck I don't know what to do, but I sure hope luck is on my side."

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2010, 05:38:55 PM »
You really think the Bible is a good basis for running government? ??? :-\

No, what is that Jesus said "Then give to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's." It's pretty obvious that Jesus was not political.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2010, 06:27:34 PM »
In a crisis, i just want to get bitter, cling to my beer, cling to my guns, guns, and my blackberry.   ;D  ;D 

lol.  So says your president.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2010, 06:30:03 PM »
Praying over a decision is akin to saying, "Fuck I don't know what to do, but I sure hope luck is on my side."

Not at all.  I pray for wisdom.  I think prayer works only when you've done all you can to make the right thing happen. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2010, 06:45:09 PM »
Not at all.  I pray for wisdom.  I think prayer works only when you've done all you can to make the right thing happen. 

I think it's retarded... Either you have some wisdom on a situation or you don't.

Prayer is for chumps.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2010, 06:58:09 PM »
I think it's retarded... Either you have some wisdom on a situation or you don't.

Prayer is for chumps.

Bitter Clingers!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2010, 07:01:19 PM »
Bitter Clingers!

I'll have you know I do not own a blackberry.

It's a damn iPhone... ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2010, 07:03:13 PM »

Prayer is for chumps.

Prayer is for everyone, especially the president.  You should try it.   :) 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2010, 07:04:43 PM »
I'll have you know I do not own a blackberry.

It's a damn iPhone... ;D

Not to derail the thread - but I like the blackberry over the iphone because of the raised keys making it easier to send textx and emails.

As for this thread - I'm not a religious guy and thinks most of it is nonsense.  However, I don't begrudge those with genuine faith in their religion. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2010, 07:07:50 PM »
Prayer is for everyone, especially the president.  You should try it.   :)  

It's never done me any good... Sorry.

Not to derail the thread - but I like the blackberry over the iphone because of the raised keys making it easier to send textx and emails.

As for this thread - I'm not a religious guy and thinks most of it is nonsense.  However, I don't begrudge those with genuine faith in their religion.  

I have gotten used to the no keyboard thing... I doubt I'll ever go back to one.

That said, the new Blackberry Torch is very nice... I played with one the other day.

I don't begrudge anyone's religion until they tell me that I need to follow it.

Obviously I am not religious and do not pray, so why would Beach tell me I should try it?

Does he think I grew up not believing in God? Does he think my mom didn't make me spend copious amount of time in church when I was a kid? Does he really know anything about my upbringing?

Of course not...

Don't tell anyone what they should or should do or "try".

Simple.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2010, 07:11:31 PM »
What if he told you that by praying you would get 72 virgins delivered on your doorstep?   :o  :o  :o

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2010, 07:12:13 PM »

I have gotten used to the no keyboard thing... I doubt I'll ever go back to one.

That said, the new Blackberry Torch is very nice... I played with one the other day.

I don't begrudge anyone's religion until they tell me that I need to follow it.

Obviously I am not religious and do not pray, so why would Beach tell me I should try it?

Does he think I grew up not believing in God? Does he think my mom didn't make me spend copious amount of time in church when I was a kid? Does he really know anything about my upbringing?

Of course not...

Simple.

Never too late.  And I will tell you whatever the heck I want.  You don't have listen, read, or agree.  Getting offended by an innocuous comment like that is silly.  

I have an iPhone and I HATE the touch screen typing.  The raised keyboard on my old BlackBerry was much better.  But overall the iPhone is much more fun.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2010, 07:13:27 PM »

As for this thread - I'm not a religious guy and thinks most of it is nonsense.  However, I don't begrudge those with genuine faith in their religion. 

Me neither.  I also have no problem with people who choose to believe in nothing or some other "god." 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2010, 07:32:29 PM »
What if he told you that by praying you would get 72 virgins delivered on your doorstep?   :o  :o  :o

Then I'd know he was a kook.
Never too late.  And I will tell you whatever the heck I want.  You don't have listen, read, or agree.  Getting offended by an innocuous comment like that is silly. 

Take note gang... This is how the religious types get to tell you whatever THEY want, but heaven help you if you tell them they are idiots for believing in an invisible deity that must get his kicks for letting innocent babies die of starvation.

::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2010, 07:50:58 PM »
Then I'd know he was a kook.
Take note gang... This is how the religious types get to tell you whatever THEY want, but heaven help you if you tell them they are idiots for believing in an invisible deity that must get his kicks for letting innocent babies die of starvation.

Oh brother.  Take note of someone getting their panties in a bunch over a comment made on the internet about prayer.   ::)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2010, 07:56:53 PM »
Oh brother.  Take note of someone getting their panties in a bunch over a comment made on the internet about prayer.   ::)

Waaaaaaah waaaaaaah.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2010, 08:28:14 PM »

It has always done me good.  You have to have faith.

FYI...not the best reason to pray, but prayer does a body good.  People who pray and make a list of things in their life to thank God for tend to be much happier and healthier than those who do not, research shows.  In other words, prayer is good even for atheists.  

You should try praying, again.    :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2010, 08:30:37 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2010, 08:31:43 PM »
It has always done me good.  You have to have faith.

FYI...not a good reason to pray, but prayer does a body good.  People who pray and make a list of things in their life to thank God for tend to be much happier and healthier than those who do not, research shows.  In other words, prayer is good even for atheists.  

You should try praying, again.    :)

>:(

Simple.