Author Topic: UFC 100 Official Thread  (Read 46097 times)

IronFan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Dana White Quote : about Fedor...
« Reply #450 on: July 12, 2009, 05:31:28 PM »
Fedor will not fight in the UFC.

The only way Lesnar/Fedor will happen is with a post-UFC Lesnar.

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
Re: Dan Henderson
« Reply #451 on: July 12, 2009, 07:12:00 PM »
Hendo gets 100,000 for ko of the night and lands the people's flying elbow  ;D
RIP Bob Probert

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #452 on: July 12, 2009, 07:14:44 PM »
He can still make a run in the UFC if given the chance. Not saying he could beat Machida or Silva, but if Page were to beat Machida for instance, Dan has a legitimate reason for a rematch considering they went the full 5.

nobody's beating Machida !

it's just never gonna happen !

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #453 on: July 12, 2009, 07:41:29 PM »
the people's flying elbow  ;D

YES!!! THE PEOPLE'S ELBOW!!!

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Re: F'ing Awesome
« Reply #454 on: July 12, 2009, 08:05:45 PM »
haha bump :D

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
UFC 100: Shogun Rua on Brock Lesnar
« Reply #455 on: July 12, 2009, 09:01:29 PM »

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: SPOILER hendo vs bisping
« Reply #456 on: July 12, 2009, 10:46:18 PM »
one things for sure, the only reason dan creamed him after he was out was because bisping taunted dan the whole series, if anyone deserved that it was bisping for sure. im positive dan wouldnt of creamed him with that sweet and brutal haymaker while bisping was in la la land if it was another opponant who wasnt a prick like bisping. justice was served that night
R

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #457 on: July 12, 2009, 10:54:38 PM »
imo dans already proved himseld, dans a legit contender imo. hes getting up there in age but dans been in that cage/ring with the best of the best and showed his heart and fighting spirit along with his skills
R

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #458 on: July 13, 2009, 01:30:13 AM »
I am glad he beat Bisping, but lets not get carried away. Anderson handled the guy quite easily, not to mention he lost to Rampage. He was given two shots at titles in his first two fights in the UFC and lost them both. Bisping needed an ass whipping, so I am glad he got one. Not sure how beating a glorified can makes Hendo a great fighter all of a sudden. Imo, the verdict is still out on him as far as his future in the UFC is concerned, he needs to beat a big name.

Handled him quite easy?  He won the first round.  That was a good fight. 

Pecs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #459 on: July 13, 2009, 02:18:48 AM »
this a great clip of the KO

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
We've got Hendo on Progenex....
« Reply #460 on: July 13, 2009, 06:19:21 AM »

I think I could get him to pop in here and chat.  Should I??

www.progenexsrg.com
w

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Re: Will a Win Over Thiago Alves Send Georges St Pierre to Middleweight?
« Reply #461 on: July 13, 2009, 07:06:27 AM »
Unfortunitely GSP would get owned by Silva.  It's pretty obvious from saturday night that even GSP thinks that from listeining to his post fight comments.  At least thats what i interpretted it as.

What about moving down to 155?

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
Re: We've got Hendo on Progenex....
« Reply #462 on: July 13, 2009, 07:27:45 AM »
I think you need to talk to me, you got all these guys on your product, I want to get them on the Radio Show!

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
« Reply #463 on: July 13, 2009, 08:05:41 AM »
It's obvious after GSP post fight interview he has no intentions moving up to fight Anderson and I don't blame him.
RIP Bob Probert

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
Jim Ross, WWE Announcer Analyzes Brock Lesnar's Post-Fight Antics
« Reply #464 on: July 13, 2009, 12:21:12 PM »
Lesnar's post match, unscripted remarks did not completely surpirse (sic) me. Those that do not personally know Lesnar as do I need to understand that his level of intensity and fury is scary. Brock has said many things in private conversations that I have been a part of that would make one do a double take. He is an intimidating, emotional jock who has been known for speaking first and thinking later. I don't think Brock is an inherently evil person whatsoever but his level of competitiveness can be dangerous. It's like Brock "moonsaulting" at Wrestlemania 19 in Seattle against Kurt Angle when being advised not to prior to the bout. Lesnar was told that men his size don't do top rope Moonsaults which was the wrong thing to say to the former NCAA All American and National Champion. Lesnar came close to tragically ending his athletic career that night while defying logic and doing what others told him that he could not do.

Lesnar, as I pointed out a couple of days ago, loves to be jeered...the louder the better. Brock takes his game to another level when he knows that it's him against the world. ...When Lesnar, who detested the travel and emotional demands of WWE's schedule, was the most "hated villain" on the roster he was at his happiest in sports entertainment.

Plus, let's not forget that some people genuinely enjoy being a badass bully. Lesnar, in a ring, mat, or octagon, embraces that persona. Brock may say that he did not like school but the South Dakota farm boy is far from being a dumb jock. Lesnar has plenty of common sense and knows, as Eric Bischoff wrote, that controversy does in deed create cash.

Jim Ross, announcer for the WWE and former head of talent relations blogs about his ex-employee Brock Lesnar's post UFC 100 blowup.

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
What does the future hold for Michael Bisping?
« Reply #465 on: July 13, 2009, 12:36:16 PM »
How much does that knockout by Dan Henderson set him back as far as being toward the top of the 185lb class again?
Air Falcon

Geo

• Getbig IV
Re: What does the future hold for Michael Bisping?
« Reply #466 on: July 13, 2009, 12:53:44 PM »
he never was at (or near) the top of 185....

my best guess is he'll become a permanent fixture on a lot of upcoming UFC fight night cards...

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #467 on: July 13, 2009, 01:05:08 PM »
I think GSP does have a real chance with Andersen.  GSP would be able to control the fight with his wrestling and potentially win with a decision or sub.  I want to see this fight!
w

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
« Reply #468 on: July 13, 2009, 01:35:06 PM »
Bisping will only fight in England now

Bisping vs Wandy would be fun to watch
RIP Bob Probert

djcuuna

• Getbig II
« Reply #469 on: July 13, 2009, 02:11:11 PM »
bisping future is now a full time fluffer.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #470 on: July 13, 2009, 02:18:10 PM »

Bisping vs Wandy would be fun to watch

yes...

wandy definely deserves an easier fight considering he's been fed to the wolves (with the exception of Jardine) since he's been in the UFC..

Superboy Prime

• Getbig II
« Reply #471 on: July 13, 2009, 04:41:39 PM »
The future of ALL MMA knockout highlights for the rest of his career ;)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #472 on: July 15, 2009, 01:05:21 AM »
I think GSP does have a real chance with Andersen.  GSP would be able to control the fight with his wrestling and potentially win with a decision or sub.  I want to see this fight!

You're insane... Anderson has like a 6" reach advantage on GSP, is a bjj black belt and hits harder then GSP could ever dream of hitting...  I love GSP but he just doesn't have the vicious knockout power that Silva effortlessly commands, if you're wondering what GSP vs. Silva would look like, look back to Franklin vs. Silva and you'll get a pretty good idea of the outcome. Many guys have said Anderson is one of the hardest if not the hardest hitting 185'er.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Re: UFC 100 Official Thread
« Reply #473 on: July 15, 2009, 06:14:49 AM »
You're insane... Anderson has like a 6" reach advantage on GSP, is a bjj black belt and hits harder then GSP could ever dream of hitting...  I love GSP but he just doesn't have the vicious knockout power that Silva effortlessly commands, if you're wondering what GSP vs. Silva would look like, look back to Franklin vs. Silva and you'll get a pretty good idea of the outcome. Many guys have said Anderson is one of the hardest if not the hardest hitting 185'er.

If the two fought, I would favor Silva to win.  But, it would not be as one-sided as you think.
w

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #474 on: July 15, 2009, 11:43:53 AM »

I used to think Anderson would demolish GSP, but I am not so sure anymore. Silva has not looked great in his last fights and GSP is getting better and better.
I think more than anything weight would be the biggest challenge for GSP. He walks around 180-185.
Either way great fight...but not so sure it will happen.