Author Topic: WORKOUT: (SUGGESTIONS)- from IFBB pro Bodybuilder!  (Read 9683 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: WORKOUT: (SUGGESTIONS)- from IFBB pro Bodybuilder!
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2009, 07:33:23 PM »
I got injured in the squat after neglecting the deadlift for about a month due to laziness and justifying it through labelling as as a "dangerous" exercise... is there a connection there?

Doing DLs wouldn't have made any difference, wouldn't have saved your back from whatever mistakes you made or from going too heavy.

io856

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2009, 07:36:45 PM »

Doing DLs wouldn't have made any difference, wouldn't have saved your back from whatever mistakes you made or from going too heavy.
actually we noticed after the injury that the bar was off center... gym owners take note...

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2009, 07:38:08 PM »
actually we noticed after the injury that the bar was off center... gym owners take note...

Something you should've noticed beforehandm, and made adjustments to. ;)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2009, 07:38:30 PM »
I got injured in the squat after neglecting the deadlift for about a month due to laziness and justifying it through labelling as as a "dangerous" exercise... is there a connection there?
Doubtful, you probably just got sloppy.

LOL brutal editing!!!! ;D

Epic inability to accept your ownage. ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2009, 07:41:12 PM »
Doubtful, you probably just got sloppy.

That's only one possibility. Shit happens sometimes when going heavy, even with perfect form. The weight itself and the stresses imposed on the body can easily create a problem.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2009, 07:45:14 PM »
That's only one possibility. Shit happens sometimes when going heavy, even with perfect form. It's the weight itself and the stresses imposed on the body that can easily create a problem.
His post doesn't say he was going heavy, could've been a warm up set, or this.........

Why would a gym owner take note?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

io856

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2009, 07:58:46 PM »

Why would a gym owner take note?
make sure the bars are safe...

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2009, 08:03:03 PM »
make sure the bars are safe...

Maybe you should explain what you mean by "off center"....I would assume it's your responsibility to make sure you get under the bar centered.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2009, 11:16:55 PM »
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

You might enjoy powerlifting techniques from the Westside...

http://www.westside-barbell.com/

Educate yourself my man.

BatistaSL

• Getbig II
  • Whatever doesn't kill me, Makes me Stronger!
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2009, 11:21:02 PM »
Dling normally wouldn't affect my back because I loose the grip before it's going to effect my back. I just cant hold in to the bar .150kg*8reps is my max...Forearms too week i think...

dexterJ

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2009, 11:44:19 AM »
thanks dyslexic,you are the best

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2009, 03:40:05 PM »
People people people, take care of your midsection! Train your abs, obliques and lower back with rage. Best exercises are weighted planks, side bends or static holds holding the weight on your side, and hyperextensions. No belt is going to save you!

dexterJ

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2009, 09:00:27 AM »
1 Klaus fan is right..guys forget this days to train abs.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2009, 02:22:21 PM »
i deadlift about every week but i never go real heavy. Most of the time 315 is as heavy as i go and focus on my back. I think it's helping my muscles grow and i never feel any strain or anything.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2009, 03:03:15 PM »
i deadlift about every week but i never go real heavy. Most of the time 315 is as heavy as i go and focus on my back. I think it's helping my muscles grow and i never feel any strain or anything.

pussy...

too many people put too much emphasis on teh lower back and as a result end up INJURING it due to over training. If you do alot of heavier, beltless lifts, your core, especially your lower back, gets plenty of attention!

other than squatting and deadlifting, my lower back gets NOTHING extra and feels better than ever! Am I as strong as I have ever been? no but I have less over all minor problems after leaving out direct lowerback work or monitoring my exercise choices to make sure it doesn't get too much action.

for most people.. if they just trained like an athlete instead of a bodybuilder..they'd produce a more functional and workable physique without becoming just "gym strong" and being more prone to injuries.

functional training..and SMART training are key elements in designing the proper program.

Redwingenator

• Getbig II
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2009, 10:11:32 AM »
Schwarzenegger never DLed heavy past the young and stupid age, which is what most BBs do then learn better through exprience. I doubt anyone can find a pic of him actually lifting anything heavy on DLs in the 70s or beyond, just as with most BBs excepting a few who rarely got injured, like Columbu and Coleman.

Risk of Injuries

Some injuries that may occur while deadlifting is lumbar hernias, slipped discs (lumbar), sprains, and muscle tears including the biceps while using an supinated/pronated grip. The vast majority of injuries happen due to poor technique which puts the body in a compromised position to efficiently lift the weight; so the lifter will forgo form and tries to muscle the weight up. Even with perfect technique one could still sustain injuries due to muscle imbalances and inflexible muscles. The most common injury that is not associated with improper technique is bicep tears in the hand that is supinated with the alternated grip.

;) this is truth.
Also consider the jamming of the facet joints with extremely high compressive forces during the lockout.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2009, 12:24:17 PM »
You absolutely don't have to deadlift. You can do other exercises. But the deadlift still remains as a very good indicator of progress.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2009, 01:41:54 PM »
Ive gotten the best results from deadlifting...
thicker legs, back, arms, and even shoulders (traps) but thats me...
not to speak out against pumpster but everyone is different and what books say arent the best so in other words figure out what works for you
agree
choice is an illusion

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2009, 12:15:43 AM »
i was deadlifting / squatting / barbell rowing / every week with no trouble.

i unjuried myself in stupid dumbell press for chest, by lifting the dumbell when i was sitting on the bench.

asstropin

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2009, 10:40:27 AM »
i was deadlifting / squatting / barbell rowing / every week with no trouble.

i unjuried myself in stupid dumbell press for chest, by lifting the dumbell when i was sitting on the bench.

im not sure if i understand, but that's what i do every time

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2009, 03:44:17 PM »
im not sure if i understand, but that's what i do every time
When you work your way up to the big boy dumbells, it's alot of weight to be picking up one db at a time while sitting on the bench, better to stand up and dl them both to your thighs and sit down with them then lay back and get them in position for pressing.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2009, 07:09:10 PM »
When you work your way up to the big boy dumbells, it's alot of weight to be picking up one db at a time while sitting on the bench, better to stand up and dl them both to your thighs and sit down with them then lay back and get them in position for pressing.

heaviest i've done it with is the 100s. Some day i'll get strong. I can't stand to sit backwords with dumbbells. The fear of missing the seat gets to me.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2009, 08:34:02 PM »
heaviest i've done it with is the 100s. Some day i'll get strong. I can't stand to sit backwords with dumbbells. The fear of missing the seat gets to me.
Straddle the bench/seat and look down just before you lean back.........geezus, do you want me to come over and lift it for you too? ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2009, 07:12:54 AM »
Has anyone ever attempted to DL on the Smith Machine?  I've tried this recently because I felt myself rounding my back way too much with the straight bar...I find that the Smith allows me to control the weight easier which allows me to perform better reps...
footloose and fancy free

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2009, 11:19:03 AM »
People should build the base in the deadlifts for a couple of years atleast. Fuck the maxes or sets done to failure. Just volume, volume, volume. Strengthen the back and get the form down.