Author Topic: WORKOUT: (SUGGESTIONS)- from IFBB pro Bodybuilder!  (Read 9684 times)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: WORKOUT: (SUGGESTIONS)- from IFBB pro Bodybuilder!
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2009, 09:28:53 AM »
Has anyone ever attempted to DL on the Smith Machine?  I've tried this recently because I felt myself rounding my back way too much with the straight bar...I find that the Smith allows me to control the weight easier which allows me to perform better reps...

i've used it from time to time for partial deads... but i wouldn't use the smith for full deads

hendog

• Getbig II
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2009, 07:30:21 AM »
Has anyone ever attempted to DL on the Smith Machine?  I've tried this recently because I felt myself rounding my back way too much with the straight bar...I find that the Smith allows me to control the weight easier which allows me to perform better reps...

I never liked how it put you in a fixed range of motion. When doing Deadlifts I always felt better moving free weights along my own bio-mechanical line of motion. Squats are a different story for me as I can adjust my feet and stance forward or back to hit different parts of my quads, glutes and hams without worrying about balancing the bar.

dexterJ

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2009, 10:19:39 PM »
did deadlift again....back pain is here again..omfg

dexterJ

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2009, 09:51:27 PM »
when when i am off aas..i can do dead lift and all ok..

KSA

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2009, 11:53:17 PM »
when i deadlift it's only partial inside a rack

trap bar and dumbells are also a good alternative

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2009, 05:40:40 PM »
when when i am off aas..i can do dead lift and all ok..

i swear ive heard about other people having the same experience... have you tried asking the juice monkeys on the aas board?

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2009, 12:57:16 PM »
you can get hurt walking from the gym parking lot into the insanity that is some corporate facilities... so going at training with that kind of mindset will only hold you back.

deadlifting (or some version there-of) ...is well worth the risk for the strength, power, and size gains it gives you. The deadlift is THE original total body exercise...proper form and technique is paramont in this lift just as much as it is in any other. Don't do it because someone you know doens't like them..

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2009, 01:35:18 PM »
I maxed in the deadlift and made a personal record.  :D But as usual, my back was really stiff for a few days, I guess it's mostly the muscles not being used to the stress. Does anyone else have this?

dexterJ

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2009, 07:53:15 AM »
dead list also up your testosterone level..its good

strongnat

« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2009, 06:21:36 AM »
is this only if you are pro BB?

dexterJ

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2009, 01:05:43 AM »
anybody try it?

Drolrevo

• Getbig I
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2009, 12:59:49 PM »
IMO Deadlifts are definitely the best exercise for building a thick back. I do 4 sets of 4-6reps with over 400lbs once per week and I never have any problems, anymore. I've learnt that to avoid injury it is crucial to create and maintain a "block" throughout the entire set, by this I mean take a deep breath, tighten your core and never round your back during the movement. You can take another breath when you're in the standing position but I don't recommend it if possible because this compromises the "block" that you're trying to maintain. Also remember that if you find that you start rounding your back at all then you're going too heavy!

If you're methodical with the execution of your deadlifts it can be your best friend when it comes to bodybuilding but it can also be the opposite if your sloppy.