Author Topic: Coulter: Cops aren't pulling over enough black people  (Read 9549 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Coulter: Cops aren't pulling over enough black people
« on: July 31, 2009, 12:37:39 PM »
Can anyone still defend this mess, at this point?

Perhaps feeling guilty for referring to ‘birthers’ as ‘cranks’ recently, Ann Coulter made the absurd case to Larry King that police don’t stop enough African-Americans.

Partial transcript

COULTER: In fact, I have been — at least in the initial crankiness by Professor Gates, I’ve been somewhat of a defender of his, in as much as I’m someone who travels a lot. I get a lot of — I get cranky, too, especially after a long trip from China.

What can’t be defended, I think, is the next 48 hours, the next week, when he could calm down and think, oh boy, I over-reacted. Wish I hadn’t done that. But I think that is a problem. Both aggrieved minorities and aggrieved females are told to take every slight, interpret everything as it’s because your black. It’s because you’re a woman. I don’t think that’s good for blacks or females. I don’t think it’s good for the rest of the country.

And there is one thing I’d like to say about the studies on racial profiling, and even the Bush administration coming out with them. The Bush administration itself suppressed a study that disproved eight billion racial profiling studies about the New Jersey State Troopers. There was a scientific study setting up cameras of people speeding. It turns out New Jersey State Troopers, by scientific evidence that was — the Bush administration kept rejecting and rejecting — were stopping, if anything, not enough blacks.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Coulter: Cops aren't pulling over enough black people
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 10:54:24 PM »
You can't accuse these 3 cops of not stopping a black man, ...they stopped him... with 8 bullets to the back!  :-\

If you're a black man, ...don't carry a cell phone in your hand, hook it onto your belt and use a bluetooth!  :o
w

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 01:39:08 AM »
So jag what percentage of people in jail are black

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 02:02:38 AM »
You can't accuse these 3 cops of not stopping a black man, ...they stopped him... with 8 bullets to the back!  :-\

If you're a black man, ...don't carry a cell phone in your hand, hook it onto your belt and use a bluetooth!  :o

What is this video? I don't understand. Couldn't get audio on it.

About halfway through, the black guy extends the phone, with both hands, and points it. Looks a lot like a gun to me, but obviously it's not.

Why would you want the police to think that you have a gun? And, failing that, why would you point a cell phone at all if that was not your goal?

I don't understand this.

I'm not a cop but I am in Afghanistan right now. If someone points anything at me, cellphone or gun, they're getting shot. I'm not going home in a box. I'm sure the police are in these same situations all the time.
G

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 02:06:54 AM »
Also, and maybe most importantly, what does race have to do with threatening police officers like that?

Do you think that they let white people point guns at them or what?

I used to have a lot more respect for your positions. I'm beginning to think that you're just a racist now.
G

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 02:15:54 AM »
Also, and maybe most importantly, what does race have to do with threatening police officers like that?

I used to have a lot more respect for your positions. I'm beginning to think that you're just a racist now.

I have to agree as well.  This video does nothing to support her position.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 03:02:50 AM »

It looked like a gun on the video.  Dude is using something to immitate a gun and aim it at the cops.  Fucking stupid, that's his own fault.  He got what he wanted.  Good call by the cops and I don't often say that.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 03:04:41 AM »
Jag, there's better videos to make your point.  That ain't it.

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 03:19:22 AM »
YOUR MISSING THE PINT,,,cops are not suppose do anything when smoeone points something at them,,,in fact freeze was suppose to on the cop itself not the suspect cops have protecitve armor on their bodies they protect citizen even if citizen is shooting them only missing is face sheidl

What is this video? I don't understand. Couldn't get audio on it.

About halfway through, the black guy extends the phone, with both hands, and points it. Looks a lot like a gun to me, but obviously it's not.

Why would you want the police to think that you have a gun? And, failing that, why would you point a cell phone at all if that was not your goal?

I don't understand this.

I'm not a cop but I am in Afghanistan right now. If someone points anything at me, cellphone or gun, they're getting shot. I'm not going home in a box. I'm sure the police are in these same situations all the time.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 03:26:02 AM »
Jag, there's better videos to make your point.  That ain't it.

True, but uh, they knew he had no gun, otherwise they woudn't have let him go walking around like that...I tws clear as day, that wasn't a gun...And since there is no audio, he could have been pointing and saying something, to make is point...But, his ass should have ut his hands over his head and lie down. but criminals are criminals, because they don't think like the rest of us.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2009, 03:39:30 AM »
True, but uh, they knew he had no gun, otherwise they woudn't have let him go walking around like that...I tws clear as day, that wasn't a gun...And since there is no audio, he could have been pointing and saying something, to make is point...But, his ass should have ut his hands over his head and lie down. but criminals are criminals, because they don't think like the rest of us.
All I know is that he gave them every reason to do that.  That was his choice.  I'm white and I also know that if I pointed a cell phone or whatever at cops like it were a hand gun, I would expect to be shot. I mean, I wouldn't be laying there on the ground taking my last breaths shocked that they fired.  Also it does not look like he's just pointing at the cop.  He enters the scene with both hands on the cell phone pointing it like it's a gun, then walks away, back to the cops, then spins around and points it again and the shots go.  Dude got what he wanted.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2009, 03:41:59 AM »
YOUR MISSING THE PINT,,,cops are not suppose do anything when smoeone points something at them,,,in fact freeze was suppose to on the cop itself not the suspect cops have protecitve armor on their bodies they protect citizen even if citizen is shooting them only missing is face sheidl

??? wtf?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2009, 03:51:56 AM »
All I know is that he gave them every reason to do that.  That was his choice.  I'm white and I also know that if I pointed a cell phone or whatever at cops like it were a hand gun, I would expect to be shot. I mean, I wouldn't be laying there on the ground taking my last breaths shocked that they fired.  Also it does not look like he's just pointing at the cop.  He enters the scene with both hands on the cell phone pointing it like it's a gun, then walks away, back to the cops, then spins around and points it again and the shots go.  Dude got what he wanted.

Taser, beanbag gun..."Drop the effing weapon or I'll shoot", but they let him walk around. I'm not gonna let someone with a gun walk around. I think dude is (or was) on drugs. But I think that there needs to be better training for officers in many states and counties on dealing with this situations. In any regards, I don't feel sorry for the dude.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2009, 04:02:10 AM »
Taser, beanbag gun..."Drop the effing weapon or I'll shoot", but they let him walk around. I'm not gonna let someone with a gun walk around. I think dude is (or was) on drugs. But I think that there needs to be better training for officers in many states and counties on dealing with this situations. In any regards, I don't feel sorry for the dude.

Man, you are fukking tough. I guess when you see a guy with a gun you just charge and tackle him. No fear at all.
G

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2009, 06:46:34 AM »
In a combat situation, because thats what it is...nobody anywhere teaches u to shoot to wound or shoot in the air or do anything other then drop the threat. U don't use a teaser or beanbag gun on an armed or in this case possibly armed subject when they're pointing a weapon at a cop.
L

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2009, 08:37:01 AM »

What makes you think he was a criminal? Because he got shot in the back 8 times by police? What was his crime?

The man is was Marquise Hudspeth, and his "crime", ...was going through a red light while talking on his phone. He'd lost his job a month earlier, and his wife had just kicked him out of the house due to his involvement with another woman. He was upset, distraught, and speaking with his wife on the phone at the time, crying for her to take him back, when got distracted and went through a red light. After pulling into the Circle K convenience store parking lot, he was confronted by police.

The officers blasted away, firing 15 bullets at Hudspeth's back in just a few seconds. Eight of the bullets found their target, killing Hudspeth. Critics of this shooting find fault with the police. To critics of the department, the fact that police fired only at Hudspeth's back highlights the department's most obvious failure.

"None (of the bullets) entered this man's body from the front. He was walking away," said state Rep. Ernest Baylor, D-Shreveport, who is black, as he watched the video from one of his offices not far from the site of the shooting.

Baylor acknowledged that Hudspeth acted in an "unusual" manner for someone surrounded by armed police officers, citing the way he brandished his cell phone. But Baylor maintains that the officers overreacted. "There could have been something used besides deadly force," he said.

According to Wade Schindler, criminal justice expert and adjunct professor at Tulance University, if a suspect is walking away from police officers, Louisiana state law says they cannot shoot.
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2009, 10:55:51 AM »
Because human beings don't have the physical ability to turn around right. Cops are trained to fire quickly, many departments only allow 9mm. Cops are trained to empty the entire 15 rnd clip in that case. These guys aren't Delta or swat, they fire untile the subject is down.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2009, 01:06:14 PM »
Because human beings don't have the physical ability to turn around right. Cops are trained to fire quickly, many departments only allow 9mm. Cops are trained to empty the entire 15 rnd clip in that case. These guys aren't Delta or swat, they fire untile the subject is down.

that's the only wya to do it.  Once you perceive this person to be an armed threat to you or someone else, you fire until the threat ends. 

If he's still leaning on the wall with a gun in his hands with 15 rounds in him, you re-load and fire more.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2009, 01:10:27 PM »

"Do you think that they let white people point guns at them or what?"

Great point!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2009, 01:26:56 PM »
Come on 3...cops only arrest Blacks and Hispanics..whites never use guns.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2009, 01:38:58 PM »
Come on 3...cops only arrest Blacks and Hispanics..whites never use guns.

I did about an hour ago.  I got my girl finally to get about 5" grouping with the GSG 5 at 25 yards.  Its taking time, but she is a work in progress. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2009, 02:03:54 PM »
Great....does urs have a stock etc..how did u set it up. U can get all the cool mods like the real MP-5 etc
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2009, 07:19:48 AM »
Great....does urs have a stock etc..how did u set it up. U can get all the cool mods like the real MP-5 etc

All I have on it is a laser scope sort of like a cheap version if the Trijicon Scope. 

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2009, 10:31:09 AM »
Jaguar is mentally ill.

She likely has not been able to receive professional help because treatment of her disability in Canada is "elective" and as a result she has been on a 7 year waiting list to see the only psychiatrist in Canada.

:'(

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2009, 11:07:40 AM »
I did about an hour ago.  I got my girl finally to get about 5" grouping with the GSG 5 at 25 yards.  Its taking time, but she is a work in progress. 
my pop has one of those, thing is a blast to shoot man