Author Topic: Update on Forrest Griffin  (Read 9792 times)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
Update on Forrest Griffin
« on: August 09, 2009, 06:50:22 AM »
Update on Forrest Griffin (who was absent from the post-fight press conference) from the UG:

"I heard his jaw was dislocated very early in the fight…then he took several more punches to the jaw. Apparently he can’t hear out of the ear on that side either. He left the octagon because he needed medical attention asap. At first they thought his jaw was broken, then said it was dislocated."

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
Re: Update on Forrest Griffin
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 09:47:06 PM »
Update on Forrest Griffin (who was absent from the post-fight press conference) from the UG:

"I heard his jaw was dislocated very early in the fight…then he took several more punches to the jaw. Apparently he can’t hear out of the ear on that side either. He left the octagon because he needed medical attention asap. At first they thought his jaw was broken, then said it was dislocated."

That's gotta suck.. poor guy, really shitty injury to sustain... I remember a guy I knew in high school got his jaw broken in a fight, he had to get it wired and eat through a straw for 3 months
afterwards it was never the same either it looked slightly shifted on one side of his face.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 12:22:28 AM »
His team has already confirmed that he doesn't have a dislocated jaw. 

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 05:59:56 AM »
His team has already confirmed that he doesn't have a dislocated jaw. 

Meaning it's broken or it's neither?

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 08:04:32 AM »
Why does Forrest act like a baby after a loss? Show some class like BJ Penn  ;D
RIP Bob Probert

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 10:19:14 AM »
Why does Forrest act like a baby after a loss? Show some class like BJ Penn  ;D

And just how did he act like a baby?  Dude thought he had a broken jaw!

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 11:11:30 AM »
And just how did he act like a baby?  Dude thought he had a broken jaw!

I don't fault Forrest for running out if he was injured.
Either way he just got knocked out. I am sure things were a little fuzzy for him anyways after that.
At least he kept his composure and didn't act up like Brock.

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 11:15:22 AM »
Tim Sylvia almost had his arm ripped off and stuck around after the fight.
RIP Bob Probert

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 11:29:23 AM »
Tim Sylvia almost had his arm ripped off and stuck around after the fight.

Different when you get knocked out though. Guys are always emotional after getting knocked out. Who knows
if he was even thinking correctly.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 11:41:49 AM »
Different when you get knocked out though. Guys are always emotional after getting knocked out. Who knows
if he was even thinking correctly.

exactly.

Having a dislocated jaw (or broken for that matter) is a bizarre injury.  He wasn't being a baby at all.  Just in a state of shock. 

I'd hardly call Forrest a baby.  He just fought one of the fiercest fighters alive.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 12:26:08 PM »

At least he kept his composure and didn't act up like Brock.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 01:10:05 PM »

And what does that video clip prove?  Nothing but the pain of banging up your jaw.

These guys on here ragging on griffin are ridiculous!

Signifying Monkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 01:14:08 PM »

Is that after Jardine? I dont recall seeing that on Saturday.

tryinhard1

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 01:34:25 PM »
a bunch of us went sat night,physically and mentally he looked GREAT and ROWDY as hell!!!!  wanted either to win,but was for forrest. it didnt seem like the usual forrest when he was cracked by silva. thought it was gonna wake him up,then when silva threw the last mailbox fist at him it was over. he tried kicking the ring door open and he was wrestling with people as soon as they opended the door to get away. ran his ass off all the way to the room. all i kept hearing was RUN FORREST RUN!!!

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 01:45:49 PM »

That isn't even from the same fight dumbshit.
How did Forrest disrespect the UFC or any of it's sponsors?
Forrest can cry all he wants. He has proven he is a warrior. At least he didn't back down from Silva and run around the ring.
Silva is most likely one of the best p4p in the world.

Signifying Monkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 01:52:21 PM »
That isn't even from the same fight dumbshit.
How did Forrest disrespect the UFC or any of it's sponsors?
Forrest can cry all he wants. He has proven he is a warrior. At least he didn't back down from Silva and run around the ring.
Silva is most likely one of the best p4p in the world.

Forrest disrespected himself by running like that.

LMV

• Getbig III
  • Time Out
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 01:53:18 PM »

Update: Inside Fights has a conflicting report claiming that Forrest Griffin did not sustain a dislocated jaw and hearing loss.

Reports circulated last night and this morning that Forrest Griffin’s decision to leave the Octagon and the arena were due to a possible broken/dislocated jaw and hearing loss. The reports, which were started on a popular MMA message board and circulated widely by the Telegraph, stated that Griffin left in order to seek immediate medical care.

Inside Fights has confirmed with sources close to Griffin’s camp that he did not leave the cage due to injury. While we don’t know why he abruptly left the cage (other than being upset and emotional after his loss), we can confirm that the injury reports are not true.

I’ll update again when I see further confirmation, hopefully with comment from Griffin.

Thanks to Billdo for the tip

Update 2: Good news. More confirmation coming in that Forrest didn’t suffer any injuries.

Reports surfaced on Sunday that Griffin had suffered a jaw injury and that was the reason for his hasty exit, but MMAWeekly.com was able to confirm with representatives from Zinkin Entertainment, Griffin’s management group, that he is physically fine following the Saturday night fight.

Griffin suffered no broken jaw and he is physically okay, said the Zinkin representative, but emotionally he is definitely not dealing well with the loss.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 02:28:02 PM »
Forrest disrespected himself by running like that.

Forrest took the knowingly risky fight and gave it his all. He got emotional after a knockout.
Yea...major disrespect. ::)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 03:56:53 PM »
Both the way Forrest lost and his reaction to losing was TERRIBLE. Bad job by Forrest all around.
!

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2009, 05:27:14 PM »
Forrest took the knowingly risky fight and gave it his all. He got emotional after a knockout.
Yea...major disrespect. ::)

don't you get tired of looking like an idiot around here by living in the past ?

you argue about other people's post counts, but this board and your addiction to it has you seriously by the balls !

have you stopped long enough to take your head out of your ass, and realize that you're the only one taking things way too seriously around here....

get a freakin life kid !@

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2009, 12:32:23 AM »
If you are injured in the ring, why in the world would you run away from a highly trained doctor? Sounds like someone fucking panicked when hit in a way that no one else seemed to hit him...

Bottom line is you don't run away from highly trained doctors...This is the beginning of the end for forest...

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2009, 01:41:31 AM »
...This is the beginning of the end for forest...

It's probably already over.
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

RxBandit

• Getbig III
  • Team Germany approved.
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2009, 01:54:55 AM »
Both the way Forrest lost and his reaction to losing was TERRIBLE. Bad job by Forrest all around.

...or just a good job by the spider.
...no question.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2009, 07:04:17 AM »
don't you get tired of looking like an idiot around here by living in the past ?

you argue about other people's post counts, but this board and your addiction to it has you seriously by the balls !

have you stopped long enough to take your head out of your ass, and realize that you're the only one taking things way too seriously around here....

get a freakin life kid !@

LOL...Nice way to defend your 3200+ posts :o
I can assure you one thing...this is purely entertainment for me.
Thanks for adding to the show :o

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2009, 08:55:20 AM »
It's probably already over.

Where can he go?   He is a man with a heavyweight frame, with middle weight or lowering punching power, fighting in the light weight division.   There is no way he can go down in weight, his frame is much to large, and he would be killed in the heavyweights if he chose to move up.  He will be relegated to a gate keeper position in the light weight division right next to Jardine.

I want to be clear; I am not a hater nor I am  saying Griffin is a horrible fighter or belittling his accomplishments.  Recently, with the fall of arlovski, sylvia and now griffin, it makes you realize how short the shelf life is for an MMA fighter which  makes Silva, Fedor and probably Machida, barring injury, all the more unusual.
A