Author Topic: What's it doing where you are?  (Read 2554 times)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
What's it doing where you are?
« on: August 19, 2009, 09:05:15 AM »
It's 29 degrees c and gorgeous unsullied sunshine here.  Fantastic.   It's madness.

Have you had any mad weather where you are recently?

xL

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
ok

so you've had no hurricanes or tornadoes to talk of lately?

yng466

• Getbig III
I WOULD'NT KNOW I'M IN THE COMFORT OF MY A/C 8)
PARTY LIKE A PIRATE!

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
We had a small twister here in Vaughan (woodbridge) just north of Toronto.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
It's 29 degrees c and gorgeous unsullied sunshine here.  Fantastic.   It's madness.

Have you had any mad weather where you are recently?

xL

I've had a few sleepless nights crying like a little baby. First we had a few wicked lightning storms.
Breakfast Television's Kevin Frankish referred to them as "light shows"... can you believe it? Light Shows!
I cried like a baby all night terrified I was gonna get hit. I could feel the electricity run thru me with each strike.
I left my house around 5am after it stopped to get an early start on my errands. I managed to get back home around noon, just before the next round. Three people got struck by lightening in my neighbourhood. The little 6 yr old who got struck is still in the hospital. The poor kid was carrying a metal scooter over his shoulder when he got struck, so he really got a jolt. He's been in and out of consciousness since... burns to his feet etc. He's in Sick Kids. His Mom who was also struck is in a local hospital here. The Dad is a basket case..  kid in one hospital in downtown TO, Mom in a separate hospital. Mom is a basketcase, can't be with her son... The guy who ran from his house, hopped his backyard fence to get to the kid and perform CPR til ambulance arrived is also a basketcase. He's haunted by the little guys bright blue eyes... doesn't want them to be the last things he remembers about the little guy.

Last night, funnel clouds have been touching down in a wide swatch from Owen Sound through to Durham. We had a tornadoes touch down in Etobicoke, Woodbridge, Brampton, and Vaughn. Garages, damaged, roofs torn off, car flipped etc., A funnel cloud touched down in my town. I'm fine... nothing blew away, ...but I made sure I was dressed if the worst should happen.

As scary as an F2 tornado coming at you seems... I was way more scared of the lightening. I cried like a baby.
It made me feel like a 6 year old in need of a blanky {blush} Im lucky tho... I didn't lose power. A large part of the GTA was without power this morning. The same happened after the lightening storms the other night.

oh ya... the hot summer like weather is finally here. Since it took so long in coming, we're hoping it will last til Nov.  :)
w

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
17 degrees here in NZ today. Unseasonably warm weather. Thank you global warming  8)
P

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
G

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
Thanks Judi, I simply adore mad weather stories.  Although of course, when mother nature is truly crazy, I'm scared.

but thankfully we don't live in wooden huts near the ocean...

and we've built hatches to batten down.

We've had 3 consecutive bad summers in the UK, the last two were constant rain and this one is intermittent rain and showers.  (Love to analyze forecasters' descriptions: what's the diff between rain and or a shower?)  We're forecast a nice weekend though.  I should get out there and weed.

Seen no evidence of global warming here in UK, it's just getting wilder weather, not hotter.  And I was so looking forward to growing oranges and lemons here in London before I die.

Noticed the worldwide weather (yes, I watch the weather forecasts, late at night, out of extreme curiosity) and I see there's the first hurricane of the year coming up the American Atlantic coast, He's called Billy.

Tea and coffee prices have doubled due to lack of monsoon in Asia.

It's Carnival, August Bank Holiday here next weekend (Ramadan and new moon this weekend).  It always rains for Carnival, the 2nd biggest street party in the world after Rio.  Hope it doesn't rain in Rio every February, surely not?

xxxL

Butterbean

• Getbig V
R

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Where is that garebear?

Kabul, Afghanistan.
G

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
hot & humid here

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
the DC dog days of summer are upon us >:(

90sF and humid
carpe` vaginum!

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
thanks so much garebear.  we truly adore you.  hats off to you, in this mad heat.

with extreme love from Linda in London England.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Kabul, Afghanistan.

Thank you so much garebear for your service.  God bless!
R

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Thank you so much garebear for your service.  God bless!

no sweat
G

xxxLinda

• Getbig V

Hurricane Bill is on his way across the Atlantic and the fallout will hit Britain Wednesday.  Just a few days of rain I guess.

garebear?  can you post more pics?  That first one was awesome.  It looked like nothing but it was everything.  Could you please start a new thread we'll (the women here) be really huge big fans of?

xx

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
The guy who ran from his house, hopped his backyard fence to get to the kid and perform CPR til ambulance arrived is also a basketcase. He's haunted by the little guys bright blue eyes... doesn't want them to be the last things he remembers about the little guy.

Glad to see there are still hero's that exist....that one earned him some big points with The One upstairs. ;)

Signifying Monkey

• Getbig IV
17 degrees here in NZ today. Unseasonably warm weather. Thank you global warming  8)

Is that Ohio, NZ, or Nebraska, NZ?

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Hurricane Bill is on his way across the Atlantic and the fallout will hit Britain Wednesday.  Just a few days of rain I guess.

garebear?  can you post more pics?  That first one was awesome.  It looked like nothing but it was everything.  Could you please start a new thread we'll (the women here) be really huge big fans of?

xx

OK here it is http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=295217.0
G

24KT

• Getbig V
Glad to see there are still hero's that exist....that one earned him some big points with The One upstairs. ;)

Unfortunately the little guy did end up dying. It turns out he's actually 5, not 6.
There were five people who were struck by the same bolt of lightning. Him, his mother, his brother and two others. It was a beautiful afternoon, and Mom took her littlr tykes to the park. It got cloudy all of a sudden, so they decided to go home before it started to rain. Alot of people decided to leave the park, and the little guy hiked his metal scooter over his shoulder as he proceeded to walk home. Unfortunately, he took the brunt of the strike.  :'(
w

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
Re: What's it doing where you are?
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2009, 08:33:40 AM »
Prayer to his parents...I can't even imagine the state they are in. I would lose my mind if something happened to one of my girls...

..seriously...I'm talking drugged up in a padded cell for a while type nuts.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2009, 08:41:39 AM »
100+ farenheit intermitten showers that only goes to bump up the humidity, clothes stick to you constantly and if your outside for more than 5 minutes you need a shower...houston summers blow 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2009, 04:00:51 AM »
Prayer to his parents...I can't even imagine the state they are in. I would lose my mind if something happened to one of my girls...

..seriously...I'm talking drugged up in a padded cell for a while type nuts.

Ya, his family is taking it pretty hard. His Dad couldn't work... his whole family was in the hospital.
Dad wishes it was him who got struck instead... Grandmother is simply beside herself. Can you imagine the power?
One single bolt of lightening simultaneously took out 5 people at once. Witnesses said it sounded like an explosion.
It went right through them, and left a big hole in the ground.  :o

And there are about forty families 20 minutes east of me, who will be homeless for the next 6 months as a result of a few F2 tornados that whipped through. It amazing how just a few minutes of wind, can leave millions of dollars in damage, and months of devastation behind. Now they're predicting more rain again today... but it's not supposed to occur until 7 pm or so. In any event... we still have hot & cold air masses meeting up with each other, so I'm not saying we're out of the woods just yet.
w