Author Topic: Mariusz Pudzianowski VS Marcin Najman Official Weigh In  (Read 18258 times)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
Re: Mariusz Pudzianowski VS Marcin Najman Official Weigh In
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2009, 12:45:31 PM »
When did he front squat 800? I recall him doing regular squats with 800 in the redemption video.. the only front squats I can remember is from the unbelievable video where he front squats 600 something lbs.

Pulling a truck takes an extraordinary amount of strength, endurance and coordination. Not just strength. The same with fighting. What the hell does the shape of the muscles matter??

Besides you mentioned that the BBer being in contest condition would somehow favor them which doesn't make a whole lotta sense... they're at their weakest when they're at such bodyfat levels.

Maybe my memory is off but I thought he was doing 800 lb front squats in redemption.  Okay, even if he did 800 regular sqauats for two reps that's more impressive that Mariusz' 836 lb squat for one rep, so in the end Ronnie would still beat him in a fight.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2009, 12:46:05 PM »
The "stronger" guys you're referring to were probably not trying as hard, or did not have as much muscle mass and round muscle bellies.  Also how do you know they were stronger in the first place?

No matter what articles and books say common sense says that whoever has the most muscle (and best muscle shape) will always come out on top in a fight

lol.  This is the stupidest thing said today.    BB's lift in a linear motion that is not useful for functional strength at all.   Strong man lifts are off camber and develop POWER not just linear strength.     Fighting is going to stress the muscles in non linear directions that will have a bber busting tendons and tearing muscles.      You must be troll.

nolotil

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2009, 12:47:23 PM »
Maybe my memory is off but I thought he was doing 800 lb front squats in redemption.  Okay, even if he did 800 regular sqauats for two reps that's more impressive that Mariusz' 836 lb squat for one rep, so in the end Ronnie would still beat him in a fight.

bigbobs do you have information about nassers leg training...how much could he squat? i heard he did like 250-260kg for like 6-8 reps. nasser has perfect proportions for squats.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2009, 12:48:14 PM »

lol.  This is the stupidest thing said today.    BB's lift in a linear motion that is not useful for functional strength at all.   Strong man lifts are off camber and develop POWER not just linear strength.     Fighting is going to stress the muscles in non linear directions that will have a bber busting tendons and tearing muscles.      You must be troll.

So increasing strenght in linear movements is totally irrelevent for "functional" strength?  ::)  The power of your punch is practically directly proportional to how much you can close-grip bench press.  You guys are just hurt because you know deep  down that anytime a pro bodybuilder wishes to switch from bodybuilding to MMA they would take the "sport" by storm and destroy all of your heroes.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2009, 12:50:47 PM »

You just keep avoiding arguments all the time. Shows that you've got no retort or real basis for your assumptions.
from incomplete data

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2009, 12:52:12 PM »
Bob  Sapp was big but fat.

However someone who is big and lean like a contest shape Ronnie Coleman, Nasser El Sonbaty or Markus Ruhl  would destroy either of these guys with their raw size.

Contest shape? guys are gasping for air after a 3 minute posing routine , contest shape is the worse.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2009, 12:52:26 PM »
bigbobs do you have information about nassers leg training...how much could he squat? i heard he did like 250-260kg for like 6-8 reps. nasser has perfect proportions for squats.

Thanks man, since he wasn't training for fighting ability he wouldn't always go as heavy as he could so he'd usually do 5 plates for squats at the end of his workout after pre-exhausting a lot.

I took a screenshot from his third video where he's doing deep hack squats with 9 plates and he got lots of reps.

Muscular Development quoted that he did a 700 lb one-rep squat shortly after his 95 NOC win.

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2009, 12:52:32 PM »
 Oh God!!!
Gracie Rules

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2009, 12:52:50 PM »
Hope Bobs is joking...  :D

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2009, 12:53:48 PM »
So increasing strenght in linear movements is totally irrelevent for "functional" strength?  ::)  The power of your punch is practically directly proportional to how much you can close-grip bench press.  You guys are just hurt because you know deep  down that anytime a pro bodybuilder wishes to switch from bodybuilding to MMA they would take the "sport" by storm and destroy all of your heroes.

This shows that you know absolutely NOTHING about the subject. Go participate in some local strongman event and get back to us. There is a MAJOR difference in the type of strength bodybuilders vs. strongmen possess.
from incomplete data

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2009, 12:55:33 PM »
You just keep avoiding arguments all the time. Shows that you've got no retort or real basis for your assumptions.

Yeah he does that , he makes a bunch of blanket statements and when someone calls him on his claims he says he's not going to go on for pages like me and Hulkster

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2009, 12:56:23 PM »
This shows that you know absolutely NOTHING about the subject. Go participate in some local strongman event and get back to us. There is a MAJOR difference in the type of strength bodybuilders vs. strongmen possess.

So now there are "types" of strength?   ::)

And like I said fighting ability is not all about strength either, but also muscle size, density and symmetry.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2009, 12:58:29 PM »
So now there are "types" of strength?   ::)

And like I said fighting ability is not all about strength either, but also muscle size, density and symmetry.

OK that's it, you're trolling.

As I said, go participate in a local strongman event and you'll see how far your bodybuilding strength takes you.
from incomplete data

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2009, 12:59:13 PM »

Now this proves your a gimmick account.... ;D

Fighting is very rarely is a linear movement,  its not the straight punch,    its the outside hooks and throwdowns that will get you.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2009, 01:02:43 PM »
OK that's it, you're trolling.

As I said, go participate in a local strongman event and you'll see how far your bodybuilding strength takes you.

I guess gullibilility is inversely proportional  to muscle mass (as fighting ability is direclty proportional to it).  The less muscle,  the more gullible...would explain why you have the most replies in this thread to me  :D

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2009, 01:05:04 PM »
I guess gullibilility is inversely proportional  to muscle mass (as fighting ability is direclty proportional to it).  The less muscle,  the more gullible...would explain why you have the most replies in this thread to me  :D

And now you're reduced to insults... I rest my case.
from incomplete data

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2009, 01:05:14 PM »

You really  are one of the most retarded posters on this site...  maybe you forget that Ronnie's squats with said weight were half ass, he barely went down at all, those weren't legit REAL squats to parallel.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2009, 01:05:28 PM »

Now this proves your a gimmick account.... ;D

Fighting is very rarely is a linear movement,  its not the straight punch,   its the outside hooks and throwdowns that will get you.

And your outside hook power is directly proportional to how much you can do on machine flyes - practically identical  movement.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2009, 01:06:28 PM »
You really  are one of the most retarded posters on this site...  maybe you forget that Ronnie's squats with said weight were half ass, he barely went down at all, those weren't legit REAL squats to parallel.

they where also suited which takes off 50-100 lbs or so

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2009, 01:06:37 PM »
And now you're reduced to insults... I rest my case.

calm down it isn't that serious :)

You really  are one of the most retarded posters on this site...  maybe you forget that Ronnie's squats with said weight were half ass, he barely went down at all, those weren't legit REAL squats to parallel.

Did you even see the video?  His squats were deep and would pass in any powerlifting contest.  Hence, Ronnie would have the advantage over Mariusz in a fight.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2009, 01:07:23 PM »
they where also suited which takes off 50-100 lbs or so

The 600 lb front squats for reps were not suited.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2009, 01:08:51 PM »
And your outside hook power is directly proportional to how much you can do on machine flyes - practically identical  movement.

Haha oh man, just one question: Have you ever tried some serious sparring/fighting yourself? I've got my ass kicked by people that deadlifts half of what I do. Gym lifts means shit.
from incomplete data

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2009, 01:10:30 PM »
Haha oh man, just one question: Have you ever tried some serious sparring/fighting yourself? I've got my ass kicked by people that deadlifts half of what I do. Gym lifts means shit.

There's no point.  Instead I can just have a friendly matchup with the opponent and see who can lift more in various movements, who weighs more, lower bf% and from there we would  know who would win in a fight without actually going through the physical pain and potential injury of fighting.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2009, 01:12:16 PM »
There's no point.  Instead I can just have a friendly matchup with the opponent and see who can lift more in various movements, who weighs more, lower bf% and from there we would  know who would win in a fight without actually going through the physical pain and potential injury of fighting.

Then you know absolutely nothing on this subject.
from incomplete data

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2009, 01:12:21 PM »
calm down it isn't that serious :)

Did you even see the video?  His squats were deep and would pass in any powerlifting contest.  Hence, Ronnie would have the advantage over Mariusz in a fight.

Because he squats better !??!?! are you FUCKED !?!?

Mariusz has been boxing for 7 years and doing Kyokushin Kai for 15 years. End of thread.

STFU

Ronnie can't jog 2 minutes because he'll have a heart attack.

Mariusz has functional strength.

Mariusz > Ronnie