Author Topic: Vince Basile  (Read 77878 times)

jwb

• Getbig V
Re: Vince Basile
« Reply #375 on: March 03, 2010, 03:58:46 PM »
the enmore theatre in sydney would be good for a pro show tony!

CHOPPER1234

• Getbig II
« Reply #376 on: March 03, 2010, 04:03:05 PM »
Luke wood should run a pro show at least that way he is still involved and he can make a little cash.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #377 on: March 03, 2010, 04:04:15 PM »
We have a successful fitness exhibition in May or June every year in Sydney. Whether anyone could promote successful professional bodybuilding shows is another thing. Paul lost money on the Mr Olympia in 1980. If any show should be financially successful it should be the Mr Olympia. However, holding a contest in Sydney means you have to pay for expensive air travel then accommodation. I think Paul had to bring in officials and judges as well. That would have cost a fortune.

Sydney has 4 million people. There are 5 million people nearby if you count Wollongong and Newcastle. So the market is here and there are a lot of gyms around.

CHOPPER1234

• Getbig II
« Reply #378 on: March 03, 2010, 04:10:35 PM »
Luke could be the go to man.

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #379 on: March 03, 2010, 04:12:55 PM »
We have a successful fitness exhibition in May or June every year in Sydney. Whether anyone could promote successful professional bodybuilding shows is another thing. Paul lost money on the Mr Olympia in 1980. If any show should be financially successful it should be the Mr Olympia. However, holding a contest in Sydney means you have to pay for expensive air travel then accommodation. I think Paul had to bring in officials and judges as well. That would have cost a fortune.

Sydney has 4 million people. There are 5 million people nearby if you count Wollongong and Newcastle. So the market is here and there are a lot of gyms around.

Hi Vince, if I do it in Sydney, I will make it work.

That photo you posted is of the mechanics next door to me which is ironic because he moved out and I just leased that building to expand my gym by another 30%.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #380 on: March 03, 2010, 04:13:55 PM »
Luke could be the go to man.
what for free tickets?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #381 on: March 03, 2010, 04:15:57 PM »
Sorry, Tony, I resized the wrong photo. Eyes not so good nowadays. Replaced it with the right photo.

Tony, do you actually make a profit from promoting the Pro show in Melbourne or do you do it as part of promoting your gyms?

Another photo inside Tony's impressive gym in Melbourne. Lots of good equipment there.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #382 on: March 03, 2010, 04:18:14 PM »
Gosh, Tony, how many rooms will your gym have when you do the expansion?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #383 on: March 03, 2010, 04:18:21 PM »

I have actually worked out there before on trip to Sidney, nice gym brings back memories.

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #384 on: March 03, 2010, 04:22:37 PM »
Gosh, Tony, how many rooms will your gym have when you do the expansion?

Nice shot of Paul with Arnold and Franco Vince.

The gym will have about 6 rooms when I am done. I have repainted and renovated the whole place since you were here last year.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #385 on: March 03, 2010, 04:34:23 PM »
I do however you need to do the same bicep shot......AWAY FROM THE CAMERA.  Then you'll see how small your arms really are

No, you need to post the same bicep shot. Last summer was the first time in my life that I've ever taken those bodybuilding type pictures except when I was writing about calf training on IronAge. The only other pics I have is the arm shot and the other two all of which I just took recently. I sure you have hundreds of bodybuilding pics of yourself.  You can't find one that is similar. If not, and you're so sure your arm is better just do what I did. Just get your camera and take a pic.

I never said I was a bodybuilder, never aspired to be a bodybuilder and even stated openly, when Method101 claimed that his arm was 16 inches, that I don't have big arms. But compared to you the difference is glaring. You have no real arm development to speak of. Post the very best shot you can find or take right now and you'll see. Actually, you won't see but everyone else will.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #386 on: March 03, 2010, 04:38:25 PM »

Actually it was Pellius aka drugged, dazed, & wrinkled who involved himself into this spat.  I don't think I've ever said anything about him until now but I've always thought that he was taking too many drugs for very little results and that he should stay out of the sun

All I said was that I don't know how much Coach makes but I know the area that he lives and I bet his house payment is more than what you take home. Probably more than what the average American makes because I think it's around $38,000 before taxes. That's maybe 2 grand a month. I'm sure Coach's house payment is more than that. Here was your meltdown reply:

Who asked your wrinkled dried up ass???

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #387 on: March 03, 2010, 04:44:34 PM »
Tony, not so sure about the dark walls. Your place sure has a lot of rooms. When I first went inside I didn't think it was very big or well equipped but when I saw the other rooms I had to change my mind. Not the ideal layout but you have collected a lot of effective and varied equipment for the lads. Your boxing room has character, complete with an old school boxing instructor. I met him and he made me feel at home there.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #388 on: March 03, 2010, 04:46:08 PM »
Agreed. He is only here to talk about Vince. He has one foot in the grave and how does he choose to spend his last couple of years? Stalking a gay black dude who lives halfway across the world. Weird dude.

Nah, Basile is very knowlegable about bodybuilding and has offered a lot, whether you agree or disagree, on how to make this a respectable sport. He also has a lot of ideas on training and nutrition that he has developed from decades in the sport. Melvin just brings out the worse in him. I think Bob Chick does to but in a different way.

At least he has some fight left in him.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #389 on: March 03, 2010, 04:48:50 PM »
Tony, I hope you don't mind my posting some photos of your gym. You weren't there when I visited so I wanted to take some photos of things that stood out. Like your wall of fame. Lots of good photos of the bodybuilding scene there. I can send you a CD with the originals if you like.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #390 on: March 03, 2010, 04:49:02 PM »
I gotta tell you, as much as Basile likes to talk (and he can talk) about himself or his gym or his past or about BB and streoids and whatever else.  I all basically refers to BB.  No matter what anyone says about him, he competed, he won shows, he has been in the industry since most of the people on here have been alive, he has met just about everyone people talk about on here and he has a gym that has survived over 50 years.  One thing I have found out about getting old and that is you do talk about your past alot.  The reason is simple, it is something to talk about.  Some of us have more to say than others and some of us have more interesting things to say than others.  But, I bet you anything that not one person who complains about Basile, me or anyone else who talks about the past is over 40 years old.  You guys don't have a past yet.  Hell, I never talked about my past either before I hit 40.  I lived a pretty damm good life till I hit 40.  My past was making me money and keeping my name out there till I was 40.  Now the past 10 years I haven't done anything worthwhile except gain weight and get weaker.  Why the fuck would I want to talk about the past ten years.  And no matter what the youngsters say on here when you get older you are going to talk about your past cause it is when it was the best.  My past still to this day gets me things and supports me.  Not as much as when I was actually living it but it does help me alot.

Basile and me and other go after Goodrum cause he is a fucking moron who constantly posts worthless shit thinking he knows it all.  he has done nothing in his life.  he is telling Basile how to run a gymn and evertything associated with gym when in fact he doesn't even go to a gym, owned a gym or had anything to do with a gym.  Basile has been in business longer than most people on here have been alive.  He is still in business and makes his own eqquipment that looks great.  How in the fuck does someone like Goodrum tell Basile how to run a gym, or someone like Coach how to train people, or REAL competitors how to compete.  he is a joke and a menace and whenever you can take a shot at him the better.

Anyway, that is my "old talk". 

Hah! I'm the same way regaling the young bucks about the days training with the Gracies before UFC and the MMA revolution. Those were the days of challenges and closed door fights and Mundial champs (most  prestigious Jiu-Jitsu tournament) coming to LA to roll with Rickson and getting school.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #391 on: March 03, 2010, 04:52:05 PM »
Hey, Pellius, you still arguing with Goodrum? If that dude pisses you off you will never be at peace. If someone who has done something bags you then you have to put your thinking cap on. When you return to a thread the next day it reveals you are worried about what Goodrum has said about you. So, he is a good shit stirrer! Maybe you and him can have a showdown at the next hillbilly show he is doing. That would put an end to all this internet bullshit and posturing.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #392 on: March 03, 2010, 04:52:30 PM »
It is good to see that some post to defend Melvin Goodrum. Danielson is another guy who hasn't paid his dues so I guess he identifies with hapless Goodrum and feels sorry that Keith and I bag him almost every week. I don't pick on the little guys at my gym. I joke with the big guys and have fun in the gym. Actually, training by lifting weights has never been fun for anyone. Guys like Danielson and Goodrum who don't train much aren't bodybuilders because that isn't their main focus. Goodrum enters contests but wtf does he think he is doing by not training hard in the first place? Sure, the last competition Goodrum finally showed up with some definition which was an improvement. However, he lost so much size in the process that he still placed last. Has the penny fallen yet? Does he comprehend that just maybe bodybuilding is a difficult pastime and few ever win titles? Nope, this nincompoop boasts how he will soon be a professional bodybuilder. That is so funny to those of us who have been around the Irongame. Goodrum is a gift to all forums because he is so delusional that he is unaware of his standing and believes success in everything he does is just around the corner. You can go back a couple of years and read the same thing. Goodrum never achieves much. Well, I forgot he did earn a PhD in metaphysics last year which was amazing because he got one over a weekend! What a dreamer. What a buffoon.

I don't think anybody actually defends Melvin. It's too embarassing. They may bag on his attackers, though.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #393 on: March 03, 2010, 04:54:38 PM »
Where have I piled on Basile.  I like the guy.  he calls me in the middle of the night on numerous occassions and I talk to him.  Do I come to his defense when he is in debate with guys lioke Goodrum.  NO.  Why should I?  He doesn't need help.  Either do I.  It is on record what I have done.  It is on record what he has done.  We dpon't hide like the big mouths on here who say anything they want yet hide behind fake names and no photos.  Goodrum doesn't hide because he is too stupid to realize everyone is making fun of him.  he has an excuse.  And me being attacked is funny cause the people who attack me are the ones that grew up and are still the same people who are usually ignored by others and havew absolutely nothing going for them.  Do you honestly think anything people like Goodrum and a few others really do anything to me.  I laugh out loud almost everytime I read shit they post.  

I've gotten in some heated arguments with old Vince but I have to admit to having a soft spot for him myself. I have a feeling in person he's a cool and amiable fella to hang out with.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #394 on: March 03, 2010, 04:55:46 PM »
I don't think anybody actually defends Melvin. It's too embarassing. They may bag on his attackers, though.
LMAO  ;D

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #395 on: March 03, 2010, 04:56:27 PM »
Tony, can your members park in the big lot across the street? It would be handy but I think people had to pay to park there.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #396 on: March 03, 2010, 05:06:56 PM »
Hey, Pellius, you still arguing with Goodrum? If that dude pisses you off you will never be at peace. If someone who has done something bags you then you have to put your thinking cap on. When you return to a thread the next day it reveals you are worried about what Goodrum has said about you. So, he is a good shit stirrer! Maybe you and him can have a showdown at the next hillbilly show he is doing. That would put an end to all this internet bullshit and posturing.

LOL! I know I would look like a joke on stage. But at least I know it.

I'll find peace in Heaven. To me life is a constant battle. Whether it's arguing with Melvin, throwing hands in the parking lot with some Hawaiian who thought I cut him off, going to the gym, or just getting out of bed in the morning. Plus, there's a lot of bad people in this world that do bad things and most people just warm the bench and wait for someone else to take care of it.

From that perspective I think that being a fighter, i.e., having a fighting spirit, is the greatest thing a man can have in his soul.

Besides, I've just discover Melvin. I never really followed him and paid much attention to your beef with him. I never knew what the fuss was about. He just seemed like a guy who loves bodybuilding and whether he's wildly successful or not he built his own business and is supporting himself. There's something to be said for that. I just didn't realize the pathological self-delusion that he seems to be afflicted with.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #397 on: March 03, 2010, 05:08:38 PM »
i know vince won't respond to this but i have to ask

seriously, why do you feel you have to prove things to a bunch of strangers on the internet?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #398 on: March 03, 2010, 05:10:31 PM »
Tony, can your members park in the big lot across the street? It would be handy but I think people had to pay to park there.

So that MessiahOfMuscle guy is THEE Tony Doherty? Cool. I've got to get to the land down under some day. Good surfing over there. I'd love to train at Tony's and Vince's gym.  

Awesome gym.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #399 on: March 03, 2010, 05:12:08 PM »
i know vince won't respond to this but i have to ask

seriously, why do you feel you have to prove things to a bunch of strangers on the internet?

"Post my pic, bitch!"

LOL!